Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bury AGM 11:56 - Nov 3 with 13437 viewsDaley_Lama

Good article for those unaware of the latest going-ons at Gigg Lane in the Bury Times.

Good luck to them.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11575269.Forever_Bury_in_call_to_members_to_att

Poll: DF in or out

The Bury AGM on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 4978 viewsSuddenLad

This has all the makings of Chapter 1 of a disaster story. The whole bloody thing stinks of malpractice. Shareholders AGM at 9.00am ?, no accounts available ? No comment from those in charge ?

I'd be very worried.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Bury AGM on 12:09 - Nov 3 with 4953 viewsDaley_Lama

Chapter 1 began

It was a cold Monday morning. Gordon peered miserably out of his office window at a wind swept empty car park. Nothing stirred. It had been like this for weeks, humdrum day followed humdrum day.

Then suddenly, a removal van reversed into sight. Gordon roused. Was it the bailiffs, come to take the corner flags? A rival club, here for the great big scoreboard?

He shuffled downstairs and approached the van cautiously.

The door suddenly spring open, and there, sat on a brand new sofa was a jolly rotund man.....

The Bury AGM on 12:26 - Nov 3 with 4892 viewsKenBoon

I read the thread on their board about this. I was astonished at the number of people who couldn't care less, or in some cases, accused those speaking up of causing problems.

Given the things they're trying to get away with (No more AGMs etc) I wouldn't be surprised if this AGM doesn't get cancelled at the last minute.
The Bury AGM on 13:51 - Nov 3 with 4709 viewsrobbowood

The Bury AGM on 12:26 - Nov 3 by KenBoon

I read the thread on their board about this. I was astonished at the number of people who couldn't care less, or in some cases, accused those speaking up of causing problems.

Given the things they're trying to get away with (No more AGMs etc) I wouldn't be surprised if this AGM doesn't get cancelled at the last minute.

If I was a shareholder at Bury FC to say I would be even more worried than I was previously, now details of the AGM have appeared, is an understatement

The Bury Times says
"It is understood that the meeting was only called following pressure exerted by Forever Bury chairman Dave Giffard, who threatened to call an extraordinary general meeting. That followed 10 months of delay, with the original AGM put back from January. A statement from the directors in the close season highlighted a “historical” problem over the issuing of shares as the reason for the delay, with assurances that the meeting would be held by the end of September. "

Having held shares in numerous companies and been to numerous AGM's (including the Dale) I have never read anything so ludicrous in all my life

Having looked on the unofficial Bury message board for the first time ever I see the major points are

To cancel future AGM’s
To stop all future rotation of directors
To control all share transfers with the intention to water down or even buy out anyone wishing to transfer large blocks of shares

Whether the current Bury board are trying to ensure the current 600 or so shareholders will have no further say in the running of the club (and proper Bury fans who have bought shares for their love of the club and not to make any money from them) heaven knows but what other explanation can there be for such an agenda

You don't have to be a genius to see if the resolutions are passed the current board won’t be answerable to anybody along with any future owners

I find it astonishing the AGM will take place at 9.00am on a Wednesday. Not a single AGM I have ever been to has ever taken place at a time when most people are working. One can only assume the current directors want as few people to attend as possible

I don't know what year end the accounts presented at the AGM will go up to - but failing to include an update on the club’s accounts would have me even more worried

What happens at the AGM will be interesting to say the very least
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:52 - Nov 3 with 4620 viewsJumeirahDale

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:58 - Nov 3 with 4590 viewsPDIDDY

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:52 - Nov 3 by JumeirahDale

Well said
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 14:59]

Gissa job

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:07 - Nov 3 with 4490 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:52 - Nov 3 by JumeirahDale

Impressed you got a copy of the minutes before the meeting took place :-)
The Bury AGM on 16:35 - Nov 3 with 4434 viewsraadale

Christ why did i not know this, I've just invested in half a dozen parking spaces.. Easiest money I'll ever make they reckon :)
Login to get fewer ads

The Bury AGM on 16:45 - Nov 3 with 4412 viewsSuddenLad

The Bury AGM on 16:35 - Nov 3 by raadale

Christ why did i not know this, I've just invested in half a dozen parking spaces.. Easiest money I'll ever make they reckon :)

Did they tell you that you will have to provide your own paint for the white lines ?
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 17:25]

The Bury AGM on 17:08 - Nov 3 with 4355 viewsraadale

The Bury AGM on 16:45 - Nov 3 by SuddenLad

Did they tell you that you will have to provide your own paint for the white lines ?
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 17:25]

There was something about white lines but i assumed they were talking about drugs :)
The Bury AGM on 19:52 - Nov 3 with 4130 views49thseason

Will they be presenting their accounts to shareholders or have they already sent out copies to them? There is now no requirement in company law for an AGM if the Articles of Incorporation have been amended - maybe they will do this on Wednesday?
Anyone got a copy of the agenda?
The Bury AGM on 20:08 - Nov 3 with 4102 viewsR11BFC

The Bury AGM on 19:52 - Nov 3 by 49thseason

Will they be presenting their accounts to shareholders or have they already sent out copies to them? There is now no requirement in company law for an AGM if the Articles of Incorporation have been amended - maybe they will do this on Wednesday?
Anyone got a copy of the agenda?

Accounts for May 2013/14 (the key ones) havent been completed despite being told they'd be ready for Sept. Surprise surprise! There is also nothing on the agenda about discussing finances/strategic planning. Surprise surprise again!!

They're looking to dispense with formal AGMs...

We will be looking to vote against that resolution.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if it's called off at the last minute.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

The Bury AGM on 20:21 - Nov 3 with 4050 viewsmightydale

The Bury AGM on 20:08 - Nov 3 by R11BFC

Accounts for May 2013/14 (the key ones) havent been completed despite being told they'd be ready for Sept. Surprise surprise! There is also nothing on the agenda about discussing finances/strategic planning. Surprise surprise again!!

Wonder what flickers thinks of this situation

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

The Bury AGM on 20:24 - Nov 3 with 4035 views442Dale

The Bury AGM on 20:21 - Nov 3 by mightydale

Wonder what flickers thinks of this situation

He's got a squad to build.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Bury AGM on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 4028 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Bury AGM on 20:08 - Nov 3 by R11BFC

Good luck on Wednesday. On a separate note has anyone raised the issue of undertaking money laundering checks with regards to these loan companies with no commercial presence whatsoever. Dormant companies suddenly springing into life and lending large amounts of money in one-off transactions. In my line of work it'd have big fook off flashing lights with sirens blaring out on it.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 20:28]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Bury AGM on 20:28 - Nov 3 with 4002 views442Dale

The Bury AGM on 20:25 - Nov 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Good luck on Wednesday. On a separate note has anyone raised the issue of undertaking money laundering checks with regards to these loan companies with no commercial presence whatsoever. Dormant companies suddenly springing into life and lending large amounts of money in one-off transactions. In my line of work it'd have big fook off flashing lights with sirens blaring out on it.

Has anybody from Forever Bury contacted the Football League?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Bury AGM on 20:30 - Nov 3 with 3992 viewsmightydale

The Bury AGM on 20:28 - Nov 3 by 442Dale

has forever bury actually done anything about this situation

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

The Bury AGM on 20:31 - Nov 3 with 3987 viewsstomper

Crowds are good though.
The Bury AGM on 20:33 - Nov 3 with 3966 viewsSuddenLad

The Bury AGM on 20:31 - Nov 3 by stomper

Crowds are good though.

..........whilst the club lasts.............

The Bury AGM on 20:33 - Nov 3 with 3966 viewsR11BFC

The Bury AGM on 20:25 - Nov 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Cheers (there'll be more bouncers than shareholders!) and good question.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

The Bury AGM on 20:39 - Nov 3 with 3939 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Bury AGM on 20:28 - Nov 3 by 442Dale

Someone is 'lending' vast amounts of money to Bury and they're doing it through 'shell' companies. Why?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Bury AGM on 20:43 - Nov 3 with 3905 viewsR11BFC

The Bury AGM on 20:30 - Nov 3 by mightydale

has forever bury actually done anything about this situation

Not as much as some would have liked but they have done quite a bit behind the scenes, whilst trying to maintain a working relationship with Day & Co.

Email i rec'd from FB would suggest their patience has worn thin:

The Bury FC AGM is taking place next Wednesday 5th November at 9.00am. The board are proposing radical changes to the club’s articles which will marginalise not just Forever Bury but all shareholders and they hope to get this passed on the day.

The major points are:

To cancel future AGM’s
To control all share transfers with the intention to water down or even buy out anyone wishing to transfer large blocks of shares.

If passed then the current board won’t be answerable for anything they do and likewise any future owners. We see this as a very dangerous route to take and are completely opposed.

The Board of Forever Bury would like to ask any of our members who are shareholders to try and get down to the AGM to have their voice heard and play a part in blocking this proposal but if you are unable to attend then please fill out a proxy form naming Forever Bury as the proxy. All proxy forms need to be at the club before 9.00am on Monday so please try and get them sent ASAP or drop them off on Saturday at the match.

Forever Bury - The Bury FC Supporters Society Ltd.

The Bury AGM on 20:50 - Nov 3 with 3881 viewsR17ALE

The Bury AGM on 20:43 - Nov 3 by R11BFC

Not as much as some would have liked but they have done quite a bit behind the scenes, whilst trying to maintain a working relationship with Day & Co.

Email i rec'd from FB would suggest their patience has worn thin:

The Bury FC AGM is taking place next Wednesday 5th November at 9.00am. The board are proposing radical changes to the club’s articles which will marginalise not just Forever Bury but all shareholders and they hope to get this passed on the day.

The major points are:

To cancel future AGM’s
To control all share transfers with the intention to water down or even buy out anyone wishing to transfer large blocks of shares.

If passed then the current board won’t be answerable for anything they do and likewise any future owners. We see this as a very dangerous route to take and are completely opposed.

The Board of Forever Bury would like to ask any of our members who are shareholders to try and get down to the AGM to have their voice heard and play a part in blocking this proposal but if you are unable to attend then please fill out a proxy form naming Forever Bury as the proxy. All proxy forms need to be at the club before 9.00am on Monday so please try and get them sent ASAP or drop them off on Saturday at the match.

Forever Bury - The Bury FC Supporters Society Ltd.

How do R11. There is a very highly regarded journalist who makes it his life's mission to investigate finances of football clubs for the papers - possibly The Guardian. He's called David Conn!

If you want an expert to unravel the big ball of wool your club has become, you should get in touch with the appropriately named Conn, and he might investigate it for you for free.

You might think such a big fish wouldn't be interested in bury, but I happen to know he was educated at bury Grammar, so if I were you, I'd be getting in touch!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The Bury AGM on 20:56 - Nov 3 with 3852 viewsDaley_Lama

The Bury AGM on 20:50 - Nov 3 by R17ALE

How do R11. There is a very highly regarded journalist who makes it his life's mission to investigate finances of football clubs for the papers - possibly The Guardian. He's called David Conn!

If you want an expert to unravel the big ball of wool your club has become, you should get in touch with the appropriately named Conn, and he might investigate it for you for free.

You might think such a big fish wouldn't be interested in bury, but I happen to know he was educated at bury Grammar, so if I were you, I'd be getting in touch!

I went to Bury Grammar for 1 year, all remember was that I could have chips for every lunch of the year and my blazer had a green swan on it cos I was in Peter Kay house.

David Conn was absolutely fantastic with the Munto Fiasco, remember him well.

The Bury AGM on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 3831 viewsPDIDDY

The Bury AGM on 20:50 - Nov 3 by R17ALE

He's been looking into it since day 1, keep up

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024