Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... 10:13 - Nov 6 with 3028 viewsdantheswansman

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-wilf

Dont usually read that Cardiff City biased drivel rag .
Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:18 - Nov 6 with 3009 viewsperchrockjack

Probably meaningless -long term contracts- but what a vote of co9nfidence for our club..
I knew we -or most of us - fell in love with Michu and his bonkers persona but Wilf ,to me, seems different gravy and frankly I wonder too why he s still with us.
I spoken to many fans from several other clubs who d have him in a heartbeat.

Clearly something is right at our club

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:19 - Nov 6 with 3003 viewsmarchamjack

hopefully the new contract will remove the reported buy out clause at £18million (or whatever the figure was) and when we do sell him we can get a proper fee for him

not that I want him to go obviously, just being realistic

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:32 - Nov 6 with 2956 viewsicecoldjack

I just luv's wilf, top top player .

He said from day one that his move here came with aspirations to play at a bigger/champions league club , he has beennup front and honest about that right from the start.

Every day we have him here is a bonus and he seems the type to get his head down and let his football do the talking, if this new deal comes off it will be a massive feather in the cap for monk , though just how much his new deal will cost us i perish to think!

I also believe that a new deal for wilf may mean gomis moving on. Paying top dollar to him,bomy,siggy,ash and a few others will really start to ristrict us .

I still think gomis was a replacement for bony as i dont think we are the type of club to have 60k a week sitting on the bench as back up.

Bony is fast becomimg one of the best ever to pull on a shirt for us, the guy is a beast on the field and some of his touches,finishes and hold up play is champions league club level.

If he had pace to match then you gotta be talking about 30+m but then he would never have even been at swansea !

Enjoy him while we can i think !
Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:48 - Nov 6 with 2914 viewsPrivate_Partz

Good news if true but I would prefer to see the ink on the dotted line before the January window.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:54 - Nov 6 with 2900 viewsJoe_bradshaw

No doubt the new contract includes a pay rise for Wilf and more money for the club should someone offer enough in the near to medium future.

Winners all round then.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:54 - Nov 6 with 2898 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:32 - Nov 6 by icecoldjack

I just luv's wilf, top top player .

He said from day one that his move here came with aspirations to play at a bigger/champions league club , he has beennup front and honest about that right from the start.

Every day we have him here is a bonus and he seems the type to get his head down and let his football do the talking, if this new deal comes off it will be a massive feather in the cap for monk , though just how much his new deal will cost us i perish to think!

I also believe that a new deal for wilf may mean gomis moving on. Paying top dollar to him,bomy,siggy,ash and a few others will really start to ristrict us .

I still think gomis was a replacement for bony as i dont think we are the type of club to have 60k a week sitting on the bench as back up.

Bony is fast becomimg one of the best ever to pull on a shirt for us, the guy is a beast on the field and some of his touches,finishes and hold up play is champions league club level.

If he had pace to match then you gotta be talking about 30+m but then he would never have even been at swansea !

Enjoy him while we can i think !

Agree with most of that.

Don't think Gomis was a replacement, though. It's risk vs reward, isn't it. We pay out a lot, but at least he's of better quality than Vasqeuz and Itay, and besides I've heard that Alvaro's loan fee was quite substantial. When Bony heads off for the ACON, we'll get a chance to see whether Gomis can make the grade. I can see Wilf heading off next summer, and wouldn't begrudge the move at all if he keeps us his form this season. We'll then know whether we need a striker to compliment Gomis or someone to lead the line for us. If Gomis can get a few goals, I'd be interested to see what odds would you put on Bony going and us signing Borini or another similar wide striker.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 10:54]
Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:00 - Nov 6 with 2881 views_

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:18 - Nov 6 by perchrockjack

Probably meaningless -long term contracts- but what a vote of co9nfidence for our club..
I knew we -or most of us - fell in love with Michu and his bonkers persona but Wilf ,to me, seems different gravy and frankly I wonder too why he s still with us.
I spoken to many fans from several other clubs who d have him in a heartbeat.

Clearly something is right at our club

I was slightly worried when he first came to us. I could see his finishing skills but his all round general play was dubious.

In fairness to Laudrup he put him on a personalised training plan and that game against Stoke last season he showed us exactly what he was capable of. I think he's getting better and better as he's now added a touch of real flair to his game. He started doing this little flicks and give-and-go's and him and Siggy are deadly.

I feel sorry for Gomis though as he came here to play but I guess that's just football innit...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:03 - Nov 6 with 2868 viewsZut_Alors

Just to add on Bony, what a player.

There's few other strikers I'd take over him from the Prem. Even factoring in top 6 club strikers such as Giroud, Edin Z, Adabayor, I'd still go for Wilf. The more I see of Lukaku, the more I feel he's not quite as suitable to us as Wilf. Benteke is a beast of a player, but I haven't seen him recover from his injury yet. Incredible stuff, really.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:09 - Nov 6 with 2850 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:00 - Nov 6 by _

I was slightly worried when he first came to us. I could see his finishing skills but his all round general play was dubious.

In fairness to Laudrup he put him on a personalised training plan and that game against Stoke last season he showed us exactly what he was capable of. I think he's getting better and better as he's now added a touch of real flair to his game. He started doing this little flicks and give-and-go's and him and Siggy are deadly.

I feel sorry for Gomis though as he came here to play but I guess that's just football innit...

Seems a long time ago that Laudrup was saying that. I still can't get over him subbing Wilf off a fair few times, but you're spot on on the training front.

I agree it's a shame about Gomis, hope the fans give him full backing when Wilf's away and not just yearn for what we're missing. Gomis seems quite happy to run with the ball, something Wilf rarely does. I'd like to see him improve the hold up play, and perhaps we'll see Garry coaching that into him. If anything he's got one of the best players to learn that off.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 11:09]
Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:09 - Nov 6 with 2847 views_

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 10:54 - Nov 6 by Zut_Alors

Agree with most of that.

Don't think Gomis was a replacement, though. It's risk vs reward, isn't it. We pay out a lot, but at least he's of better quality than Vasqeuz and Itay, and besides I've heard that Alvaro's loan fee was quite substantial. When Bony heads off for the ACON, we'll get a chance to see whether Gomis can make the grade. I can see Wilf heading off next summer, and wouldn't begrudge the move at all if he keeps us his form this season. We'll then know whether we need a striker to compliment Gomis or someone to lead the line for us. If Gomis can get a few goals, I'd be interested to see what odds would you put on Bony going and us signing Borini or another similar wide striker.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 10:54]

Gomis was DEFINITELY a replacement.

There lied our pre-season Villareal debacle.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:14 - Nov 6 with 2823 views_

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:09 - Nov 6 by Zut_Alors

Seems a long time ago that Laudrup was saying that. I still can't get over him subbing Wilf off a fair few times, but you're spot on on the training front.

I agree it's a shame about Gomis, hope the fans give him full backing when Wilf's away and not just yearn for what we're missing. Gomis seems quite happy to run with the ball, something Wilf rarely does. I'd like to see him improve the hold up play, and perhaps we'll see Garry coaching that into him. If anything he's got one of the best players to learn that off.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 11:09]

It's a classic case of you don't really know how a player will fit in until he's here, playing, and preferably regularly.

I'd guess there would be some clubs that with Bony's early appearances wouldn't have given him the time and patience to get him integrated properly into our style of play, but you're right, it's difficult to think of another player out there more suited to us. Chuck in his deadly finishing and no, I wouldn't swap him for anyone else - There's a fair amount of sentimentality in that last sentence but tough, i'm a Swansea City sentimentalitist ;-)

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:17 - Nov 6 with 2816 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm as sure as I can be that Gomis was brought in because the odds were strongly in favour of Wilf leaving and, credit to Monk and the board, we had a "name" replacement in place if Wilf had left.

We were looking at the Watford lad - Deeley?, which was well documented and there's no way he was a third option. He was being looked at as back up to Gomis.

Just my take on it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:22 - Nov 6 with 2800 viewsmonmouth

Anyone that still doubts his skill or touch, for me the thing to watch is the backheel for DeGuz goal (Norwich was it?). He didn't just backheel it; he finessed it to the absolutely perfect position beforehand and timed it for DeGuzman's run to absolute perfection. Sometimes his passing radar is off kilter but, and here's the thing, he is only going to get better.

I'll wait until the ink is dry before celebrating though. Sometimes this sort of thing is just another gambit..."I'm about to sign a contract, come and stop me". Really hope it pans out though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 2790 viewsperchrockjack

It does seem to me it takes a while for Wilf to get into his stride.
He s not ,as he admits, fully up to full speed and when he is ,he will cause sheer havoc for some team, hopefully Stoke at the Lib. I wasn't to see Shawcross dismembered ,if possible ,by him- within the rules naturally.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 12:02 - Nov 6 with 2724 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 11:22 - Nov 6 by monmouth

Anyone that still doubts his skill or touch, for me the thing to watch is the backheel for DeGuz goal (Norwich was it?). He didn't just backheel it; he finessed it to the absolutely perfect position beforehand and timed it for DeGuzman's run to absolute perfection. Sometimes his passing radar is off kilter but, and here's the thing, he is only going to get better.

I'll wait until the ink is dry before celebrating though. Sometimes this sort of thing is just another gambit..."I'm about to sign a contract, come and stop me". Really hope it pans out though.

Got to agree with the 1st paragraph Mon
Even looking at the other strikers, some of which Zut has named, IMHO, they're not as good defensively or at holding the ball up as Will.
Makes me think some people are looking at a different player when I heard at a game "we payed all that money for Bony and he's not scoring/ missing sitters. We need a replacement striker- someone who can finish"
Guessing they don't bother looking at his all round game, which I think is phenomenal for a striker and improving all the time.

As to your 2nd paragraph, glad I'm not the only cynical one

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 12:18 - Nov 6 with 2676 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 12:02 - Nov 6 by Dewi1jack

Got to agree with the 1st paragraph Mon
Even looking at the other strikers, some of which Zut has named, IMHO, they're not as good defensively or at holding the ball up as Will.
Makes me think some people are looking at a different player when I heard at a game "we payed all that money for Bony and he's not scoring/ missing sitters. We need a replacement striker- someone who can finish"
Guessing they don't bother looking at his all round game, which I think is phenomenal for a striker and improving all the time.

As to your 2nd paragraph, glad I'm not the only cynical one

If we can keep Wilf after the January window then I feel we will be in a very good position for the run in.
Gomis is a very different player who will cover more ground thereby offering us something very different. Excellent for when a change of tac is needed and I am sure he will get his chance to shine.
Also we have Marvellous Marvin to come in to the side again offering more mobility when needed. If we can keep our steely edge in defence I can see us having a very good run in. Currently we have exceeded all my expectations :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 13:16 - Nov 6 with 2529 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 12:18 - Nov 6 by Private_Partz

If we can keep Wilf after the January window then I feel we will be in a very good position for the run in.
Gomis is a very different player who will cover more ground thereby offering us something very different. Excellent for when a change of tac is needed and I am sure he will get his chance to shine.
Also we have Marvellous Marvin to come in to the side again offering more mobility when needed. If we can keep our steely edge in defence I can see us having a very good run in. Currently we have exceeded all my expectations :-)

Just think Bafe needs a few games to adjust. 10-20mins here and there is what ML was giving Will when he first came here. We all (or the majority at least) appreciate how much Will has improved since then, after a run of games.
Guess we'll find out if Will gets an injury keeping him out for a couple of weeks or if he makes it to the ACoN
IMHO a tired defence that has been chasing Jeff, Nathan or Wayne all game, not to mention trying to stop Will and Siggy playing intricate little passes to each other or to others, will struggle with a firing Bafe and Marvin running at them for the last 20-30 mins of a game.
Not forgetting one of the mentioned wingers maybe coming on.
I know Will will move on one day, just hope it's not this season (or next!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea City star Wilfried Bony on brink of signing new contract... on 18:53 - Nov 6 with 2306 viewsScoobyWho

The fact he and signed means nothing. If he goes he goes. As long as its for cash and the club don't lose it doesn't matter.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024