Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! 20:16 - Nov 9 with 2359 viewsdantheswansman

I might be one of the few that knew all about Gomis before he joined us , and knew that given the time he would thrive .
We let Bony have a load of game time when he was not performing for us ,but that paid off and Bony has become ..... Well Bony .
So why isnt Gomis getting the same ?

I might be alone but i think he could be brilliant for us if he is given the same amount of time Bony was given .

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 20:18 - Nov 9 with 2336 viewsHighjack

Bony is the better player overall. Gomis seems to me like one of those players who look distinctly average until the ball comes into the box, but he seems a proper finisher.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 20:21 - Nov 9 with 2317 viewsdantheswansman

I know Bony now is a better player but it seems a lot of people forget just how poor he was when first up against Michu .
Gomis needs time and a bit of belief and he will thrive and unlike Bony he has the pace too .
Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:03 - Nov 9 with 2197 viewsItchySphincter

Gomis is fine player and has done well since coming here. I wasn't aware there was a problem?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:14 - Nov 9 with 2144 viewsDr_Winston

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 20:21 - Nov 9 by dantheswansman

I know Bony now is a better player but it seems a lot of people forget just how poor he was when first up against Michu .
Gomis needs time and a bit of belief and he will thrive and unlike Bony he has the pace too .

Well no, some people can actually remember that Bony scored twice on his debut, on his Premier League debut and consistently in other games at the start of last season whenever Laudrup allowed him off the bench. It's truly amazing that some people still try to peddle the myth that he was in any way "poor" when he first got here.

Gomis is an excellent player. but not an all round influence like Wilf can be. Give him decent service in the box and he'll put it away. That's something the other players need to learn to do when he's in the side.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 21:15]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:14 - Nov 9 with 2144 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:03 - Nov 9 by ItchySphincter

Gomis is fine player and has done well since coming here. I wasn't aware there was a problem?

People like a bit of drama where there is none. I thought Bony fell short of his high standards for us today and Glmis came in and did the business. Excellent.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:22 - Nov 9 with 2076 viewsRancid

Wenger in his post match interview paid tribute to him.He was fully aware of his talent and singled out his aerial ability.He's 10 times the player Shecter and Vasquez are but not on the same level as Bony.

I don't think we could have signed a better second striker, something we've struggled to do for a long time under previous managers.
Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 06:03 - Nov 10 with 1914 viewsGlyn1

It looks like Bony is getting p*ssed off at not being able to play a full 90 minutes. Forwards always look to score goals against tiring defences in the second half. I understand that Garry wants to bring on a fresh attacker but he may need to devise a plan to play them together for the last 20 minutes.

Wilf seems to be a nice guy who doesn't want to cause arguments, but if he's our best attacker (which he is) and he wants to play (which he does) them it's the manager's job to work out how to make that happen for the benefit of the Swans.

This isn't me having a pop at Gomis who I've always known to be a quality player, but perhaps Garry has to get out of the mindset of playing Bony for an hour and then substituting him with Gomis.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 07:58 - Nov 10 with 1810 viewsjack247

Gomis isn't getting the starts because Bony is a phenomenal player and we play one up front. It isn't a slight on Gomis at all. It was slightly different last year because we didn't have Gylfi and the ideal (if both were fit) was to drop Michu back into that position and play Bony up front.
Login to get fewer ads

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 08:46 - Nov 10 with 1723 viewsdantheswansman

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 21:14 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Well no, some people can actually remember that Bony scored twice on his debut, on his Premier League debut and consistently in other games at the start of last season whenever Laudrup allowed him off the bench. It's truly amazing that some people still try to peddle the myth that he was in any way "poor" when he first got here.

Gomis is an excellent player. but not an all round influence like Wilf can be. Give him decent service in the box and he'll put it away. That's something the other players need to learn to do when he's in the side.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2014 21:15]

Bony was nothing special when he first got here ,don't know who you were watching but it wasn't bony .
Its taken time for him to find his feet ,something gomis has not yet been afforded

Myth my ass
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 8:46]
Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 09:14 - Nov 10 with 1670 viewsDr_Winston

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 08:46 - Nov 10 by dantheswansman

Bony was nothing special when he first got here ,don't know who you were watching but it wasn't bony .
Its taken time for him to find his feet ,something gomis has not yet been afforded

Myth my ass

Nothing special to you perhaps. Other people realised how good he was from the start.

Scored better than a goal every other start from the day he got here, but you keep pretending he was poor if you like.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 10:04 - Nov 10 with 1611 viewsjack247

Bony was clearly quality from the start. It took him a very long time to reach full fitness and find his touch though.

Gomis is clearly quality as well. He hasn't been helped by the fact that he has often been brought on at times when our wingers are knackered and he has had to try and battle against 2 centre backs on his own. Despite the power and size, he is a very different type of striker to Bony and sometimes we have been guilty of not adapting to that when he has come on.

I have been very impressed with his attitude, it can't be easy to come in as a star signing and then start every game on the bench, especially as he could have gone to Newcastle, but you never hear him moaning in the press or anything. He just comes on and works his socks off for the team. The best thing apart from the result yesterday was that Gomis deservedly got his goal
Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 10:17 - Nov 10 with 1588 viewsItchySphincter

Give Gomis the time and he will repay us just fine ! on 08:46 - Nov 10 by dantheswansman

Myth my ass

BoIIocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024