Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? 18:00 - Nov 17 with 8778 viewsLohengrin

Given that Wales are enjoying the best start to a qualifying campaign for a generation and with the resultant surge in interest what are the odds The Welsh FA will switch the remaining home fixtures from Malaygoland to The Millennium?

Demand is bound to far outstrip supply and the association that continually bleats about being on its arse wouldn't willingly throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds, would it?

Does anybody know if they are tied in by contract and, if so, could there be an out?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:03 - Nov 17 with 4998 viewsMrSwan

Should be played at the liberty its not to big and its not to small and most importantly it is iconic as the home of wales most successful premier league team.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 4991 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:03 - Nov 17 by MrSwan

Should be played at the liberty its not to big and its not to small and most importantly it is iconic as the home of wales most successful premier league team.

The Liberty is way, way too small.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:13 - Nov 17 with 4947 viewsJackfath

If this did happen, it could be the first time ever that the demand is greater for a football match than for rugby at the MillStad.

Would the WRU allow it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:19 - Nov 17 with 4935 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:13 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

If this did happen, it could be the first time ever that the demand is greater for a football match than for rugby at the MillStad.

Would the WRU allow it?

They are on their arse too, they'd welcome it with open wallets.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:25 - Nov 17 with 4903 viewsJackfath

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:19 - Nov 17 by Lohengrin

They are on their arse too, they'd welcome it with open wallets.

IN that case, they should do everything in their power to do it. Fill the stadium with ticketing offers to ensure there's at least 60k there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:35 - Nov 17 with 4877 viewsCatullus

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:03 - Nov 17 by MrSwan

Not too small??? You crazy man!!

It should go to the Millenium, and prices should be lowered. It's just common sense.

I broke a habit last night, I watched a good chunk of the game. If people like me are taking an interest again, they could probably fill the Millenium.
We had 70,000 plus crowds before, we can do it again.

And yes, I might even go. As long as the Cardiff nuggets stick to supporting Wales, don't wear their Cardiff shirts and remember we are ALL Welsh.

And yes Scooby, I know not all Cardiff fans are nuggets and that we have our own nuggets

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:39 - Nov 17 with 4855 viewstrampie

Wasn't Wales one of the best supported national teams [or was that the very best supported national team at one time] in Europe or was it the World ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:09 - Nov 17 with 4799 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 18:39 - Nov 17 by trampie

Wasn't Wales one of the best supported national teams [or was that the very best supported national team at one time] in Europe or was it the World ?

It was in the Hughes era with a sensible pricing policy.

Login to get fewer ads

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:32 - Nov 17 with 4747 viewsJBT95

0% chance.

The FAW have stated the games will not be moved away from the CCS this campaign no matter what.

5% of the capacity has to be given to away fans so I hope they insist on giving 1700 max for the next three games. That would leave 31k approx for home fans.

The Andorra home game is inbetween egg World Cup fixtures too.

However, Tuesday 31st March the FAW are trying to play Argentina in a friendly at the Millennium.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 19:35]
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:37 - Nov 17 with 4716 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:32 - Nov 17 by JBT95

0% chance.

The FAW have stated the games will not be moved away from the CCS this campaign no matter what.

5% of the capacity has to be given to away fans so I hope they insist on giving 1700 max for the next three games. That would leave 31k approx for home fans.

The Andorra home game is inbetween egg World Cup fixtures too.

However, Tuesday 31st March the FAW are trying to play Argentina in a friendly at the Millennium.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 19:35]

No matter if it ends up costing us three times our annual grassroots budget? It's a strange, self-defeating stance for The FAW to take.

Unless, of course, they are bound by water-tight contract with Malaygoland for the duration of the campaign? Bloody fools.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:39 - Nov 17 with 4705 viewsJBT95

FFS.

Too many tw@ts on here bleating on and on about the Liberty.

Probably people who never ever go away or even leave Swansea in general.

Why would they move it to a city with sh^t transport connections?

Why would they move to a ground with less than 2/3 the capacity of the ground currently being used.

Why would they move to a ground that couldn't hold the previous two attendances?
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:43 - Nov 17 with 4689 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:37 - Nov 17 by Lohengrin

No matter if it ends up costing us three times our annual grassroots budget? It's a strange, self-defeating stance for The FAW to take.

Unless, of course, they are bound by water-tight contract with Malaygoland for the duration of the campaign? Bloody fools.

The CCS is home.

Great atmospheres the last two games. Nobody who was there will tell you otherwise.

The players are used to playing there.

I'd rather be in a sold out CCS than at a 2/3 full Millennium.

Most of the players haven't played at the Millennium why take the risk of derailing the current success?

There is no logic in going to the Millennium on 12-06, 06-09 & 13-10 2015 whatsoever.

For the record the FAW are no longer on their backsides. Make a tidy profit each year now.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 19:44]
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:51 - Nov 17 with 4660 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:43 - Nov 17 by JBT95

The CCS is home.

Great atmospheres the last two games. Nobody who was there will tell you otherwise.

The players are used to playing there.

I'd rather be in a sold out CCS than at a 2/3 full Millennium.

Most of the players haven't played at the Millennium why take the risk of derailing the current success?

There is no logic in going to the Millennium on 12-06, 06-09 & 13-10 2015 whatsoever.

For the record the FAW are no longer on their backsides. Make a tidy profit each year now.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 19:44]

The CCS is a club ground not a National Stadium for the National Team. It's the crowd and the atmosphere they generate that makes a player confident not a patch of grass and at the Millennium that atmosphere would be cranked up x40,000.

This campaign is taking off and tens of thousands of fans are set to miss out. It's a shame.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:56 - Nov 17 with 4642 viewsJackFish

The last two home games are Israel and Andorra, not exactly huge draws. But we did sell 70k for a game against Azerbaijan under Hughes so no reason why we couldn't come close to selling out if qualification was on the line.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:00 - Nov 17 with 4623 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 19:51 - Nov 17 by Lohengrin

The CCS is a club ground not a National Stadium for the National Team. It's the crowd and the atmosphere they generate that makes a player confident not a patch of grass and at the Millennium that atmosphere would be cranked up x40,000.

This campaign is taking off and tens of thousands of fans are set to miss out. It's a shame.

Couldn't care less if the CCS is a club ground or a national stadium. It's where the Wales national football team play their home matches.

Nobody is missing out that matters.

All the hardcore got memberships and tournament tickets. F#ck everyone else.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 20:01]
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:01 - Nov 17 with 4615 viewsJackfath

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:00 - Nov 17 by JBT95

Couldn't care less if the CCS is a club ground or a national stadium. It's where the Wales national football team play their home matches.

That's the spirit!

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 4601 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:01 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

That's the spirit!

Why should I care if people will be unable to get tickets?

I've been to every home qualifying game since I started going in March 2003 and only missed 4 friendlies.

I've been to the Millennium with 16k. I've been to Parc y Scarlets with 6k.

Great if people want to go but to criticise the FAW if they choose not to move because of all of a sudden demand outstrips supply is crazy when for years people had the chance to go but for whatever reason chose not to.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 4589 viewsLohengrin

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:00 - Nov 17 by JBT95

You wanted to be careful they way you're carrying on you'll end up slapping your head with all the arseholes up there.

Little pick and shovel for Christmas is it?

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:10 - Nov 17 with 4577 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:08 - Nov 17 by Lohengrin

You wanted to be careful they way you're carrying on you'll end up slapping your head with all the arseholes up there.

Little pick and shovel for Christmas is it?

That's my honest opinion.

You don't have to like it.

I only want what's best for my country's football team.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:28 - Nov 17 with 4534 viewsjack_lord

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:10 - Nov 17 by JBT95

That's my honest opinion.

You don't have to like it.

I only want what's best for my country's football team.

You can thank the Welsh Assembly for our sh17 transport links.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:59 - Nov 17 with 4468 viewsJBT95

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:28 - Nov 17 by jack_lord

Not entirely.

Swansea's location doesn't help.

I have no knowledge of inner Swansea transport, I mean in terms of Swansea in relation to the rest of Wales.

I've mentioned on various threads that trains are rubbish after games later than 3pm and that Cardiff is far more accessible for more of the Welsh public.
What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:43 - Nov 17 with 4401 viewsjack_lord

Swansea's location?

You mean just over thirty miles further along the same M4?

You mean on the same A465 that they are concentrating the dualling towards the a470 link first?

The assembly has concentrated on improving the links in to Cardiff first and foremost.

This has been to the detriment to Swansea and those further west.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:46 - Nov 17 with 4382 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 20:28 - Nov 17 by jack_lord

What time is the last train from Cardiff out west on a weeknight?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:50 - Nov 17 with 4361 viewsVetchitBack

JBT95 and Scooby Doo same person?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:54 - Nov 17 with 4338 viewsjack_lord

What are the chances the Welsh FA will switch venue? on 21:46 - Nov 17 by Brynmill_Jack

What time is the last train from Cardiff out west on a weeknight?

fudge knows, I pretty much only ever go there for work reason and in the car(because my inept colleagues from there rely on me to sort out there mess).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024