Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Servicing 17:17 - Nov 21 with 2883 viewsMrSwansea

Can anyone recommend a place in Swansea to get your car serviced? Where they actually service your car and change all the filters etc. Just been ripped off.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Car Servicing on 17:19 - Nov 21 with 2872 viewsperchrockjack

Place in Dunvant my dad goes to. Name is Andy. cant remember the name of garage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Car Servicing on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 2872 viewsSwanzay

Car Servicing on 17:19 - Nov 21 by perchrockjack

Place in Dunvant my dad goes to. Name is Andy. cant remember the name of garage

Andy Davey?
Car Servicing on 17:27 - Nov 21 with 2862 viewsEdmundo

Gem autocentre in Morriston

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Car Servicing on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 2853 viewsperchrockjack

Andy Davey is right.
Me ol fella is almost 90 and Andy has been doing his car for some time ;dead honest and reasonable for work done

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Car Servicing on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 2848 viewsDDCH

Cracking garage but he's down the gower but he is the only one I trust

Alex Lewis - Llandewi Garage

They do MOT's too

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Car Servicing on 18:44 - Nov 21 with 2802 viewsScotia

Car Servicing on 17:27 - Nov 21 by Edmundo

Gem autocentre in Morriston

Another vote for GEM in moriston. Excellent.
Car Servicing on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 2788 viewsSwanzay

May I add to this:-

Many local councils have their own MOT testing stations for their own vehicles, such as buses or vans.

By law these test centres (though not taxi or Crown stations) must be open to the general public. As they generally only carry out tests and don't do repairs (always check), there's no incentive for mechanics to find faults that don't exist.

Centres we've visited tell us this guide gave them a fourfold increase in members of the public visiting. They said they were grateful as it secured their jobs at a time when councils are cutting back. Good news, as it means you're seen as a welcome customer, not an annoying distraction.

This isn't about getting a shoddy quick MOT that passes your car. Council-run MOT centres are often some of the best out there, and they run the safety tests stringently.

One MoneySaver tells how, after being quoted £700 for MOT repairs from his local dealer, he took it to his council test centre where it passed without any need for repairs.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot
Car Servicing on 20:37 - Nov 21 with 2728 viewsFerryjack

Car Servicing on 18:56 - Nov 21 by Swanzay

May I add to this:-

Many local councils have their own MOT testing stations for their own vehicles, such as buses or vans.

By law these test centres (though not taxi or Crown stations) must be open to the general public. As they generally only carry out tests and don't do repairs (always check), there's no incentive for mechanics to find faults that don't exist.

Centres we've visited tell us this guide gave them a fourfold increase in members of the public visiting. They said they were grateful as it secured their jobs at a time when councils are cutting back. Good news, as it means you're seen as a welcome customer, not an annoying distraction.

This isn't about getting a shoddy quick MOT that passes your car. Council-run MOT centres are often some of the best out there, and they run the safety tests stringently.

One MoneySaver tells how, after being quoted £700 for MOT repairs from his local dealer, he took it to his council test centre where it passed without any need for repairs.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

GEM Autocentre excellent service no rip off, ask for Ian his cousin is Gary Sprake.
Login to get fewer ads

Car Servicing on 21:26 - Nov 21 with 2701 viewsJack_Meoff

Car Servicing on 20:37 - Nov 21 by Ferryjack

GEM Autocentre excellent service no rip off, ask for Ian his cousin is Gary Sprake.

Another recommend for Gem, faultless since I've used them

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Car Servicing on 21:40 - Nov 21 with 2687 viewsoldgrey

Mills motors meadow street are good. Buy the parts yourself then get them to do the service/mot.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 21:43]
Car Servicing on 22:33 - Nov 21 with 2645 viewsSwanzay

Gone are the days where peeps would carry out their own service? As a kid I would often watch my dad change the oil, fit new filters etc, to his Ford Cortina. So Im good but...
Its scary that most in this modern age have now idea about doing basic stuff, or actually know where the dip stick is, water etc. Some are quite willing to pay £5 to change a fecking headlight light bulb!

For those who dont know to change a tyre, words fail me!

wtf?

My biggest annoyance is that kids in the new millennium or adults for that matter, dont learn how engines, house appliances work.

You need to take things apart or try for yourself, and think about them and understand the principles of how they work, save some cash, providing their are not in warranty (white goods) for eg.
These days cars are more complex with their on board computers but Im sure most could do the basic if they just learnt!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 22:51]
Car Servicing on 23:04 - Nov 21 with 2620 viewswaynekerr55

If it's a VAG take it to kingsway auto's on the Gors. Great value and he's bloody good. I always take my golf there, 51 plate mk4 with 201k on the clock!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Car Servicing on 23:12 - Nov 21 with 2611 viewsSwanzay

Car Servicing on 23:04 - Nov 21 by waynekerr55

If it's a VAG take it to kingsway auto's on the Gors. Great value and he's bloody good. I always take my golf there, 51 plate mk4 with 201k on the clock!

well said, yes they are very good, great for resprayes too!
Car Servicing on 23:15 - Nov 21 with 2601 viewswaynekerr55

Car Servicing on 22:33 - Nov 21 by Swanzay

Gone are the days where peeps would carry out their own service? As a kid I would often watch my dad change the oil, fit new filters etc, to his Ford Cortina. So Im good but...
Its scary that most in this modern age have now idea about doing basic stuff, or actually know where the dip stick is, water etc. Some are quite willing to pay £5 to change a fecking headlight light bulb!

For those who dont know to change a tyre, words fail me!

wtf?

My biggest annoyance is that kids in the new millennium or adults for that matter, dont learn how engines, house appliances work.

You need to take things apart or try for yourself, and think about them and understand the principles of how they work, save some cash, providing their are not in warranty (white goods) for eg.
These days cars are more complex with their on board computers but Im sure most could do the basic if they just learnt!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 22:51]

To be fair the head lights on a mk4 are a c*nt to change, I chopped my fingers to pieces trying to change them!

Car Servicing on 23:19 - Nov 21 with 2598 viewsSwanzay

Car Servicing on 23:15 - Nov 21 by waynekerr55

To be fair the head lights on a mk4 are a c*nt to change, I chopped my fingers to pieces trying to change them!

Mk4 of?
Car Servicing on 23:25 - Nov 21 with 2587 viewswaynekerr55

Car Servicing on 23:19 - Nov 21 by Swanzay

Mk4 of?

Golf!

Car Servicing on 23:36 - Nov 21 with 2572 viewsSwanzay

Car Servicing on 23:25 - Nov 21 by waynekerr55

Golf!

Nice, honda civics a kunt too but if you dont play etc.
Car Servicing on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 2460 viewswaynekerr55

Car Servicing on 23:36 - Nov 21 by Swanzay

Nice, honda civics a kunt too but if you dont play etc.

Aye fair point. Got to say since me & the better half got out first place 2 and a bit years ago I've tried my hands on a few things. I've got to do stud work and board the ceiling to deaden noise from upstairs.

Car Servicing on 07:50 - Nov 23 with 2410 viewsLord_Bony

Car Servicing on 21:31 - Nov 22 by waynekerr55

Aye fair point. Got to say since me & the better half got out first place 2 and a bit years ago I've tried my hands on a few things. I've got to do stud work and board the ceiling to deaden noise from upstairs.

Can you hear them "Dancing on the Cieling" late at night ??...if you know what I mean.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Car Servicing on 11:33 - Nov 23 with 2355 viewsMrSwansea

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll try Andy davey, heard his name pop up before!

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Car Servicing on 17:25 - Nov 23 with 2328 viewswaynekerr55

Car Servicing on 07:50 - Nov 23 by Lord_Bony

Can you hear them "Dancing on the Cieling" late at night ??...if you know what I mean.

No, but the previous two fatties (who were evicted by the landlord) we could

You can hear a lot though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024