Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
messageboardfools.com 16:34 - Dec 2 with 1864 viewsShaky

Some may remember I have previously mentioned a site from the dawn of the internet containing humerous descriptions of messageboard poster stereotypes, and in what seems like a highly spooky coincidence I have just stumbled on it again today!

This website is built on cutting edge technology circa 2001, so a simple url is unavailable. Instead to get to the relevant section first go to http://messageboardfools.com/ and scroll down to 'Fool Games & Tools', click on that and finally select 'Fool Character Sketches'.

St Dav, Lord Bony, Darren, and no doubt many more are all in there -- Enjoy!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

messageboardfools.com on 17:08 - Dec 2 with 1806 viewsLeonisGod

'Tireless Rebutter' = Parlay. Def info
messageboardfools.com on 20:34 - Dec 2 with 1715 viewsBanosswan

Dailew the Lurker

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

messageboardfools.com on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 1618 viewsBrynmill_Jack

messageboardfools.com on 20:34 - Dec 2 by Banosswan

Dailew the Lurker

Drizzy the imposter , failing miserably to convince anyone he's someone else

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

messageboardfools.com on 15:20 - Dec 3 with 1561 viewsItchySphincter

messageboardfools.com on 12:09 - Dec 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Drizzy the imposter , failing miserably to convince anyone he's someone else

He's given up pretending he's not Newp hasn't he?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

messageboardfools.com on 15:23 - Dec 3 with 1560 viewsItchySphincter

Warwick is on there:

'Grammarian' usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most of the other posters dismiss him without answering his challenges.

messageboardfools.com on 15:24 - Dec 3 with 1558 viewsItchySphincter

Sprout:

'Profundus Maximus' eagerly holds forth on all subjects, but his thin knowledge will not support a sustained assault and therefore his attacks quickly peter out. Profundus Maximus often uses big words, obscure terms and...ahem...even Latin to bluff his way through battle.

messageboardfools.com on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1543 viewsShaky

messageboardfools.com on 15:24 - Dec 3 by ItchySphincter

Sprout:

'Profundus Maximus' eagerly holds forth on all subjects, but his thin knowledge will not support a sustained assault and therefore his attacks quickly peter out. Profundus Maximus often uses big words, obscure terms and...ahem...even Latin to bluff his way through battle.

'Profundus Maximus' is clearly St Dav, whereas Spratts - I'm sorry to say - is Filibuster.

Misology -- It's a bitch

messageboardfools.com on 15:46 - Dec 3 with 1529 viewsShaky

And of course in connection with the current discussion of religion in a parallel thread, the messageboardfools website from the dawn of internet time offers conclusive proof of the veracity of the bible:

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done, is that which shall be done; and there is no new thing under the sun."

-- Ecclesiastes

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

messageboardfools.com on 17:11 - Dec 3 with 1474 views_

Toxic Granny - Swanseajill

Bang on her money, that....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

messageboardfools.com on 17:20 - Dec 3 with 1458 views_

That's very good, that Shakes, very good indeed. Made me laugh anyway....

Darran:

'Xenophobe' is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his tree fort. Xenophobe regards Newbies to his forum as mentally retarded and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will join with his fellows and attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

messageboardfools.com on 17:25 - Dec 3 with 1450 viewsShaky

messageboardfools.com on 17:20 - Dec 3 by _

Darran:

'Xenophobe' is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his tree fort. Xenophobe regards Newbies to his forum as mentally retarded and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will join with his fellows and attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer

The thing is in real life people are rarely as stereotypical as suggested by the site; instances like 'Profundus Maximus'=St Dav are the exception.

Instead we most often come across composites in the real world, and for me Darran is a blend of Xenophobe and Compost.

Misology -- It's a bitch

messageboardfools.com on 17:30 - Dec 3 with 1438 viewsLord_Bony

messageboardfools.com on 15:23 - Dec 3 by ItchySphincter

Warwick is on there:

'Grammarian' usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most of the other posters dismiss him without answering his challenges.

UNCANNY

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

messageboardfools.com on 17:33 - Dec 3 with 1433 viewsShaky

messageboardfools.com on 17:30 - Dec 3 by Lord_Bony

UNCANNY

I'm afraid you're in there too LB, sans the CAPS:

'Klaxon', the internet Chicken Little, raises the alarm for each and every paranoid conspiracy theory, Federal Big-Brother scheme, internet hoax, and latest computer virus. No black helicopter alert is so ludicrous, no urban legend so implausible, that he will not pass it along as accepted fact (in ALL CAPS with multiple exclamation marks). Congratulations, you are recipient 16,747 of today's Urban Myth. CAUTION: Often Klaxon knowingly posts false alarms to foment mischief..

Misology -- It's a bitch

messageboardfools.com on 17:37 - Dec 3 with 1426 viewsLord_Bony

LORD KLAXON

I like....

" Often Klaxon knowingly posts false alarms to foment mischief.. "

sounds about right..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

messageboardfools.com on 17:41 - Dec 3 with 1418 viewsskippyjack

messageboardfools.com on 17:20 - Dec 3 by _

Darran:

That's spot on... him and Raynor wouldn't leave me alone when I first joined.. questioned my every post..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

messageboardfools.com on 17:49 - Dec 3 with 1401 views_

messageboardfools.com on 17:25 - Dec 3 by Shaky

The thing is in real life people are rarely as stereotypical as suggested by the site; instances like 'Profundus Maximus'=St Dav are the exception.

Instead we most often come across composites in the real world, and for me Darran is a blend of Xenophobe and Compost.

Oh yes indeed....

Darran: The Compost Xenophobe:

'Compost' has few weapons at his disposal and must resort to expletives and gross vulgarities to amplify his rhetorical thrusts. His tactical approach can occasionally rout Innocence, but it is generally ineffective against other messageboard posters. Combatants know when he has spent the fury of his attack when he suggests that his opponent's mother is a professional sexual services provider (although he will put it in different terms). Nanny has little stomach for Compost's ordure and will quickly eject him from the forum.

Xenophobe' is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his tree fort. Xenophobe regards Newbies to his forum as mentally retarded and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will join with his fellows and attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer.

messageboardfools.com on 17:52 - Dec 3 with 1391 viewsDarran

messageboardfools.com on 17:49 - Dec 3 by _

Oh yes indeed....

Darran: The Compost Xenophobe:

'Compost' has few weapons at his disposal and must resort to expletives and gross vulgarities to amplify his rhetorical thrusts. His tactical approach can occasionally rout Innocence, but it is generally ineffective against other messageboard posters. Combatants know when he has spent the fury of his attack when he suggests that his opponent's mother is a professional sexual services provider (although he will put it in different terms). Nanny has little stomach for Compost's ordure and will quickly eject him from the forum.

Xenophobe' is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his tree fort. Xenophobe regards Newbies to his forum as mentally retarded and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will join with his fellows and attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer.

Ive never ever mentioned your mother being on the game.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

messageboardfools.com on 18:18 - Dec 3 with 1366 viewsShaky

messageboardfools.com on 17:52 - Dec 3 by Darran

Good comeback Darran.

You're not always as dull as you mostly sound.

Misology -- It's a bitch

messageboardfools.com on 21:01 - Dec 3 with 1291 viewsBrynmill_Jack

messageboardfools.com on 17:52 - Dec 3 by Darran

Compost. I like it. Suits you sir

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

messageboardfools.com on 18:51 - Dec 6 with 1147 viewsShaky

mbl1966 aka boob -- The Yapper

Ill tempered and aggressive, 'Tiny Yapper' is always right out at the end of his leash and barks furiously at the slightest provocation. His constant high pitched yips can be very annoying, but because of his diminutive stature and limited strength Tiny Yapper poses no real threat to other posters.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024