Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? 17:35 - Dec 10 with 18676 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 19:07]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:18 - Dec 19 with 2279 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 02:30 - Dec 12 by _

What's cowardly is you hiding behind your new username taking sly digs but I'd expect that from you and your family. knock knock.

So who are you assuming it is then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 21:42 - Dec 19 with 2216 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 02:30 - Dec 12 by _

What's cowardly is you hiding behind your new username taking sly digs but I'd expect that from you and your family. knock knock.

You didn't answer my question.
Who do you assume xmastree is?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 21:56 - Dec 19 with 2200 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:00 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

70% eh of posters. T hat s as big a whopper as ever seen on here.

Staggering stuff.

And now , to add to the old(er) fan, disabled ,females, we now see family members drawn into this abyss.

FFS .

Thankfully, this board and majority of fans see this board and its members as something to avoid.

Huh? It's actually more than that you clown.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:04 - Dec 19 with 2180 viewsPozuelosSideys

To be fair dude, isnt that exactly what youre doing with Dineen even though hes offered up his time for you? Yet you want to do it over twitter? (as per the other thread?)

Also, if you want to be some sort of fans liaison officer as stated on here, doesnt it make sense to meet these individuals and build relationships with them, rather than just criticising with your beef on the internet?

Just saying like..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:08 - Dec 19 with 2164 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:04 - Dec 19 by PozuelosSideys

To be fair dude, isnt that exactly what youre doing with Dineen even though hes offered up his time for you? Yet you want to do it over twitter? (as per the other thread?)

Also, if you want to be some sort of fans liaison officer as stated on here, doesnt it make sense to meet these individuals and build relationships with them, rather than just criticising with your beef on the internet?

Just saying like..

Meeting him Monday mate...

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:10 - Dec 19 with 2156 viewsJackfath

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:08 - Dec 19 by _

Can you get me his autograph Chrissy?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:11 - Dec 19 with 2157 viewsPozuelosSideys

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:08 - Dec 19 by _

Good effort. Hopefully the feedback you bring is insightful and you dont get fobbed off with half answers. Im sure theres plenty on here whod love that opportunity!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:12 - Dec 19 with 2155 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:10 - Dec 19 by Jackfath

Can you get me his autograph Chrissy?

I can meet you after if you like?

Login to get fewer ads

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:12 - Dec 19 with 2152 viewsJackfath

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:12 - Dec 19 by _

I can meet you after if you like?

What for?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:27 - Dec 19 with 2121 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:12 - Dec 19 by Jackfath

What for?

His autograph innit

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:02 - Feb 10 with 1971 viewsBobJack

There was even a poll in December on subject.

Save going over old ground again.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 21:17 - Oct 25 with 1533 viewsTheResurrection

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:09 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

At the very least the Trust director should have no other interest with the club than the welfare of those who elected him to represent them, especially given his track record of defending some of the current boards decisions against some very legitimate criticism.

If only this were true.

Very sad,

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 21:35 - Oct 25 with 1478 viewsTheResurrection

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Millie

My understanding is that Huw Cooze runs a design company and was working for the club back in 2002 when the club was in dire straights. If his company was right for the club at the time, offered the right level of professionalism and turned round a decent quality programme week in week out, it wouldn't be fair for his company to lose out now some 12 or 13 years later, the club only know if the price offered then (or now) is right. I assume it would look elsewhere if it wasn't or there was a better product on offer in up the road.
Surely, it's up to the Trust board to decide if personal gain for the service offered effected his ability to represent us, the fans.

It was also said on Saturday night that Leigh Dineen struggles to get a budget off Huw Jenkins, I'm not having a go at HJ but he needs to loosen the purse strings not only on football purchases but commercial activity too. Commercial is an area that has been under-resourced for years, we can all see that.

Beautiful words, Huw.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 11:48 - Oct 29 with 1331 viewsItchySphincter

Slam dunk.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:57 - Oct 29 with 1257 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Blimey, I was a coupe of pages in before I noticed the date on this...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:29 - Dec 23 with 1126 viewsTheResurrection

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:07 - Dec 11 by Shaky

Of course the Trust Director shouldn't have any business dealings with the club regardless of who's doing who a favour.

The potential for the appearance of impropriety is simply unacceptable for somebody who is supposed to be representing the Trust's membership as opposed to his own personal interests.

But the issue is much wider than this. Huw Jenkins should not hold both positions of CEO and Chairman of the Board, since this also creates - potentially far more serious - conflicts of interest and scope for abuse.

Another issue I would seek to review and formalise is the way confidential information is passed between the club board and the Trust board.

And again, it is not that anybody is arguing that any abuses necessarily exist, but merely that it is stupid and frankly negligent not to put in place institutional rules and systems designed to prevent them in the first place.

The way I would approach this is for the Trust to instruct the SD to request that the board hires an **independent** corporate governance consultant to review current practices and recommend a set of measures to bring the club into line with best practices.

If they don't agree I can see fewer better uses of the Trust's cash pile, and the thing shouldn't cost a fortune anyway.

PLEASE ALL READ THIS POST FROM SHAKY FROM OVER 2 YEARS AGO.

Now this was the proper advice the Trust should have taken back then.

Had they, and not listened to pathetic apologists like LondonLisa who has advocated throughout this thread that hiring family member at SCFC was a good idea and HJ was doing an excellent job, we WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THIS POSITION NOW!!!!

To Xmastree (Tenko), who's posts I have been looking for - fack you!!!

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:42 - Dec 23 with 1100 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:29 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

Had they, and not listened to pathetic apologists like LondonLisa who has advocated throughout this thread that hiring family member at SCFC was a good idea and HJ was doing an excellent job, we WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THIS POSITION NOW!!!!

There's no reason to say we wouldn't have been in this position now at all,Dineen and Jenkins could have still gone behind the backs of the Trust to broker a deal.
I can't understand why anyone is still harping on about this it's very weird.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 11:44 - Dec 23 with 1046 viewsHumpty

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:29 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

F*cking good work.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 11:47 - Dec 23 with 1067 viewsLandore_Jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 08:13 - Dec 11 by Phil_S

OK, two penneth worth

On the forum and a conflict of interest - there simply isn't one in my view. if views were censored because they criticised the club then totally

To say that a Trust board member should not have an opinion is just mad (in my view) and exactly what we get criticised for most. does my opinion always agree with the club? Nope, but I still give it but I also give it when it does agree as well. I believe I said on here less than two weeks ago for example that tickets were priced too high which is a wider opinion of many of the TRust board so to claim that we always go with the status quo and are pointless just doesn't add up to me

In terms of business interests, I would completey agree it was wrong if those business interests influenced decisions but they don't. I know that to be a fact. One thing we learned back in 2001 is there are a host of people wanting to help the club and sometimes that is due to people being able to offer services cheaper than anyone else because of that love. We could pay more, we may get more back by paying more (better product for example) but that doesn't mean that what is happening is wrong. Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view.

The problem I see CHris is you like to make things very personal when you give your views and that is probably why people get their back up - there were a few comments yesterday which border closely between opinion and slander/defamation and you just need to be a little careful around that

ALl I can ever say to you is the best forum for getting the views you have across is the fans ones - I have hosted many and only once do I recall asking people to tone it down and that was more from language rather than anything else

"Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view."

Phil, do you still stand by this view?

#backtojack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:35 - Dec 23 with 1016 views1462jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:44 - Dec 11 by perchrockjack

Not as funny as "retired hobbyist".

I can see the future when fans will have their credentials checked by chrissy to be allowed in the ground

Incredible stuff but sad beyond reason.

Quality
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:32 - Dec 23 with 940 viewsTheResurrection

It's threads like this that get overlooked or dismissed too easily as Darran has tried to do again this time around.

Shaky clearly states that the Trust should have been enforcing clear lines of communication through proper governance between the Club Board and Trust.

This was dismissed countless times by people like Lisa who has spent the last 2 to 3 years apologising on behalf of the people who have ultimately let us all down.

Then people on this site have the utmost cheek to bemoan our situation and throw out comments like "how have we got into this situation"

Well it's clear to see how and why and also clear to know who was behind putting the breaks on searching and important threads like this.

We don't need people in our corner who have got it so completely wrong advising us this time around.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:36 - Dec 23 with 925 viewsTheResurrection

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 11:47 - Dec 23 by Landore_Jack

"Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view."

Phil, do you still stand by this view?

Phil has not replied to any of these questions.

I've said this to him and explained why I can't have faith in the Trust until this is cleared.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:47 - Dec 23 with 901 viewsPURe_Evil

It beggars belief really, and makes the trust look a like a farce.

Its no wonder they all seem to have gone into hiding?
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:53 - Dec 23 with 1082 viewsLandore_Jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:36 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

Phil has not replied to any of these questions.

I've said this to him and explained why I can't have faith in the Trust until this is cleared.

I have lost a lot of faith in the Trust. That is coming from a Trust member.

The HC fiasco has left a sour taste. I would like PS to answer my question whether he still believes there was no conflict of interest.

#backtojack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:12 - Dec 23 with 1052 viewsShaky

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 11:44 - Dec 23 by Humpty

F*cking good work.

Well thank you very much.

I might add I originally went to Phil privately well before I posted that, briefing him on corporate governance best practice and specifically warning him on the potential for Jenkins to abuse his dual role of CEO and Chairman in relation to Mergers & Acquisitions, based on my past direct experience of similar situations.

But although that happens to be my particular area of expertise, Phil was no doubt right to dismiss my concerns out of hand because I have never been to the the Vetch or the Liberty, right Desperate?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024