Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? 17:35 - Dec 10 with 18680 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 19:07]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:36 - Dec 23 with 1402 viewsmorningstar

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:12 - Dec 23 by Shaky

Well thank you very much.

I might add I originally went to Phil privately well before I posted that, briefing him on corporate governance best practice and specifically warning him on the potential for Jenkins to abuse his dual role of CEO and Chairman in relation to Mergers & Acquisitions, based on my past direct experience of similar situations.

But although that happens to be my particular area of expertise, Phil was no doubt right to dismiss my concerns out of hand because I have never been to the the Vetch or the Liberty, right Desperate?

Eh? you've never been to The Vetch or The Liberty?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:00 - Dec 23 with 1342 viewsTheResurrection

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:12 - Dec 23 by Shaky

Well thank you very much.

I might add I originally went to Phil privately well before I posted that, briefing him on corporate governance best practice and specifically warning him on the potential for Jenkins to abuse his dual role of CEO and Chairman in relation to Mergers & Acquisitions, based on my past direct experience of similar situations.

But although that happens to be my particular area of expertise, Phil was no doubt right to dismiss my concerns out of hand because I have never been to the the Vetch or the Liberty, right Desperate?

Phil

I implore you to comment on both points raised in this thread?

Landore Jack asked you a question and can you answer why you ignored Shaky - as this seems to be a fatal error of judgement?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:03 - Dec 23 with 1337 viewsNeathJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:00 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

Phil

I implore you to comment on both points raised in this thread?

Landore Jack asked you a question and can you answer why you ignored Shaky - as this seems to be a fatal error of judgement?

Bloody hell mun, give it a rest for a couple of days and let people actually enjoy Christmas with their families instead of having to answer numerous demands for replies on here is it.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 03:50 - Dec 24 with 1285 viewsDJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:32 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

It's threads like this that get overlooked or dismissed too easily as Darran has tried to do again this time around.

Shaky clearly states that the Trust should have been enforcing clear lines of communication through proper governance between the Club Board and Trust.

This was dismissed countless times by people like Lisa who has spent the last 2 to 3 years apologising on behalf of the people who have ultimately let us all down.

Then people on this site have the utmost cheek to bemoan our situation and throw out comments like "how have we got into this situation"

Well it's clear to see how and why and also clear to know who was behind putting the breaks on searching and important threads like this.

We don't need people in our corner who have got it so completely wrong advising us this time around.

Oh well done... the complete dick head actually got something right and the level headed (quasi) expert was wrong. You are forgetting that the majority of us assumed that our board were on the same journey as us, evolving the club through shared principles of good governance for our "community "... but we were wrong and they were a bunch of sharks.

Unfortunately for you that does not make Shakey/Flakey/Smug Googler right, just lucky/cynical. It's strange (NOT) how you avoid points which hole your arguments and screech those that support your views. YOU AND SHAKEY WERE CORRECT...BUT IT WAS BY PURE LUCK (GREED OF OURDIRECTORS) YOU FŨCKING TOOL AND NOT PRESCIENCE. So please wrap your flaps and work for the club and not your precious ego.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:28 - Dec 24 with 1245 viewsShaky

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 03:50 - Dec 24 by DJack

Oh well done... the complete dick head actually got something right and the level headed (quasi) expert was wrong. You are forgetting that the majority of us assumed that our board were on the same journey as us, evolving the club through shared principles of good governance for our "community "... but we were wrong and they were a bunch of sharks.

Unfortunately for you that does not make Shakey/Flakey/Smug Googler right, just lucky/cynical. It's strange (NOT) how you avoid points which hole your arguments and screech those that support your views. YOU AND SHAKEY WERE CORRECT...BUT IT WAS BY PURE LUCK (GREED OF OURDIRECTORS) YOU FŨCKING TOOL AND NOT PRESCIENCE. So please wrap your flaps and work for the club and not your precious ego.

Point of clarification, Desperate. As it's Christmas in the spirit of giving would you do me a favour and please confirm whether this is one of Psychoboy's alter egos or whether there at least 2 clinically insane individuals at large?

PM me if you prefer, Des.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:08 - Dec 24 with 1211 viewsCooperman

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Millie

My understanding is that Huw Cooze runs a design company and was working for the club back in 2002 when the club was in dire straights. If his company was right for the club at the time, offered the right level of professionalism and turned round a decent quality programme week in week out, it wouldn't be fair for his company to lose out now some 12 or 13 years later, the club only know if the price offered then (or now) is right. I assume it would look elsewhere if it wasn't or there was a better product on offer in up the road.
Surely, it's up to the Trust board to decide if personal gain for the service offered effected his ability to represent us, the fans.

It was also said on Saturday night that Leigh Dineen struggles to get a budget off Huw Jenkins, I'm not having a go at HJ but he needs to loosen the purse strings not only on football purchases but commercial activity too. Commercial is an area that has been under-resourced for years, we can all see that.

Tell all your readers, how do you know this?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:20 - Dec 24 with 1200 viewsswancity

It's approaching a point where a full investigation is needed at the Club. By independent auditors. To investigate everything from the purchase of tea bags to the dubious allocation of multi million pound building contracts and every thing in between.

To answer the original question, the answer is an obvious NO. It's the only answer.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:27 - Dec 24 with 1193 viewsbritferry

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:20 - Dec 24 by swancity

It's approaching a point where a full investigation is needed at the Club. By independent auditors. To investigate everything from the purchase of tea bags to the dubious allocation of multi million pound building contracts and every thing in between.

To answer the original question, the answer is an obvious NO. It's the only answer.

they purchased Darran?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:54 - Dec 24 with 1160 viewsStarsky

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:08 - Dec 24 by Cooperman

Tell all your readers, how do you know this?

He's talking in the third person lol.
"As I understand Huw Cooze runs a design company... "
FFS
[Post edited 24 Dec 2016 13:55]

It's just the internet, init.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:35 - Dec 24 with 1129 viewsCooperman

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:54 - Dec 24 by Starsky

FFS

Init. What a vvanker.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:18 - Dec 24 with 1094 viewsLandore_Jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:54 - Dec 24 by Starsky

FFS

HC is a joke. As much as I appreciate all his hard work over the years the bloke has lost a lot of credibility.

#backtojack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:20 - Dec 24 with 1091 viewsLandore_Jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 08:13 - Dec 11 by Phil_S

OK, two penneth worth

On the forum and a conflict of interest - there simply isn't one in my view. if views were censored because they criticised the club then totally

To say that a Trust board member should not have an opinion is just mad (in my view) and exactly what we get criticised for most. does my opinion always agree with the club? Nope, but I still give it but I also give it when it does agree as well. I believe I said on here less than two weeks ago for example that tickets were priced too high which is a wider opinion of many of the TRust board so to claim that we always go with the status quo and are pointless just doesn't add up to me

In terms of business interests, I would completey agree it was wrong if those business interests influenced decisions but they don't. I know that to be a fact. One thing we learned back in 2001 is there are a host of people wanting to help the club and sometimes that is due to people being able to offer services cheaper than anyone else because of that love. We could pay more, we may get more back by paying more (better product for example) but that doesn't mean that what is happening is wrong. Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view.

The problem I see CHris is you like to make things very personal when you give your views and that is probably why people get their back up - there were a few comments yesterday which border closely between opinion and slander/defamation and you just need to be a little careful around that

ALl I can ever say to you is the best forum for getting the views you have across is the fans ones - I have hosted many and only once do I recall asking people to tone it down and that was more from language rather than anything else

"Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view."

Another Joke. FFS.

#backtojack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:41 - Feb 16 with 766 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:49 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

The answer is an obvious "no". But the poll does beg the question - do any of the current Trust Board gain financially from SCFC?

Do they?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:45 - Feb 16 with 752 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:24 - Dec 10 by NeathJack

I disagree.

If the club are getting a better deal than would have been possible elsewhere and said deal has no affect on the directors opinions and decision making in regards to representing the fans then there is no problem.

You appear to be insinuating that there is a conflict of interests for which I assume you have evidence?

Back then....

Now....

Planet Swans apologists and the true enemy of the club attempting to shut down debate.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:46 - Feb 16 with 748 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:41 - Dec 10 by _

I am not trying to impugn anyone's reputation and I have been told on many an occasion that these are good people. I am merely speaking from a point of principle and that any sort of financial dealings through personal business interests should be removed from the equation.

Then we wouldn't be even having this conversation and we'd feel, as fans, we've got someone who would be able to concentrate solely on fan matters.

You may well realise that the last Supporters DIrector now sits on the Board itself, has a large salary and still has business dealings with the club. Is that right?

History

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 735 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:00 - Dec 10 by xmastree

I sometimes wonder if there is also a conflict of interest with trust board members owning and running forums on the net. They can use it to manipulate rather a lot. That's another discussion

With ref to the OP if a trust board member or club board member can do or influence a cheaper service or good that benefits scfc then why not. Private businesses run like that. The club is a private business

Who was xmastree again??

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 725 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 01:24 - Dec 11 by londonlisa2001

If I may make one slightly different point on this, and at the risk of the usual accusation of being a club apologist (or worse) from T2C, etc.

I understand that there are some nerves when relationships that should be strictly arms' length can sometimes appear a little incestuous and it's completely right that there are provisions in place which ensure that companies (of which the Swans is one) have strict rules about what are effectively transactions with a related party. I'm sure that these rules are strictly adhered to, or at least, I have seen no suggestion that this is not the case.

BUT - there have been quite a few accusations on here over the past couple of weeks around things like club employees being related and so on. I actually think there's something quite unique about our club - maybe not like it was a few years ago, now that we're in the premier league, but still different to other clubs. And that is that we appear to maintain at least to some degree, an atmosphere of being a 'family club'.

It's remarked on time and time again by players, and ex players, and seems to set us apart and be genuinely welcomed by them. Now I'm not saying that means that the club shouldn't employ people who are well qualified and good at their jobs, and I also have said before, and strongly believe, that the club should look outside for world class advice on, for example, commercial activities (which they seem to be doing, with various deals being announced recently to this effect).

But part of being a 'family club' is surely that there are people involved who have been involved for years, or whose families have been involved who are local, and who have a genuine affinity for the club and the city? I don't mean employ someone simply because they happen to enjoy a Joes, but I mean that where someone is suitably qualified, I think it's nice that there are families and so on, all of whom work for the club and have done for donkey's years.

I think that sort of family atmosphere (and not necessarily families, but ex players and so on as well) gives a feeling that simply hiring people randomly from wherever just doesn't give. And for the players that are drawn to that, it will surely help keep them happy and more likely to stay around than they would do if it was all a bit more sterile?

Maybe a bit naive but it's an impression.

Naive?

Yeah.

Club apologist back then to party activist now.

Seems the opposite side were the apologists back then. History wasn't kind to them.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:53 - Feb 16 with 722 viewsNeathJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:45 - Feb 16 by _

Back then....

Now....

Planet Swans apologists and the true enemy of the club attempting to shut down debate.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here but I stand by that post.

And as for the "attempting to shut down debate" comment, F*ck me Chris I don't think anyone actually posts on here more than you and 90% of it is having a pop at the running of this board and the running of the Trust.

You are Exhibit A in big neon flashing letters regarding debate being allowed to happen.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:10 - Feb 16 with 688 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 02:39 - Dec 11 by _

You mean the printing business?

And profits to lower season tickets and get more fans in and get more fan engagement is what football should be all about.

Not buying a cash cow so you can award contracts to your businesses, employ your whole family, get stinking rich whilst charging the poor people you once relied on an arm and a leg.

Hmm.....

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:12 - Feb 16 with 681 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 08:13 - Dec 11 by Phil_S

OK, two penneth worth

On the forum and a conflict of interest - there simply isn't one in my view. if views were censored because they criticised the club then totally

To say that a Trust board member should not have an opinion is just mad (in my view) and exactly what we get criticised for most. does my opinion always agree with the club? Nope, but I still give it but I also give it when it does agree as well. I believe I said on here less than two weeks ago for example that tickets were priced too high which is a wider opinion of many of the TRust board so to claim that we always go with the status quo and are pointless just doesn't add up to me

In terms of business interests, I would completey agree it was wrong if those business interests influenced decisions but they don't. I know that to be a fact. One thing we learned back in 2001 is there are a host of people wanting to help the club and sometimes that is due to people being able to offer services cheaper than anyone else because of that love. We could pay more, we may get more back by paying more (better product for example) but that doesn't mean that what is happening is wrong. Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view.

The problem I see CHris is you like to make things very personal when you give your views and that is probably why people get their back up - there were a few comments yesterday which border closely between opinion and slander/defamation and you just need to be a little careful around that

ALl I can ever say to you is the best forum for getting the views you have across is the fans ones - I have hosted many and only once do I recall asking people to tone it down and that was more from language rather than anything else

A year before the sale

Phil Sumbler -

'''Huw knows me well enough that if I felt there was a conflict of interest I would say so, I don't think there is but that is my view. '''

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:13 - Feb 16 with 677 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 09:37 - Dec 11 by _

Oh I disagree Phil, I'm making an opinion on perhaps a sensitive subject but also an area which I feel strongly isn't healthy for the Trust and how I believe it should operate.

You are talking about millions of pounds potentially here. The Trust's funds have grown to a level never thought expected and we have personal business interests cloudy ing the water when at the very least that's not what we should be talking about.

It's also very handy the Chairman of the Trust gets to have such a strong opinion, albeit you're not one to shout your mouth off, but still. You have a controlling voice and you've just argued against the points made in this very thread when at least two thirds of posters who voted disagree with you.

Think about it Phil... These are not good ethicis I'm afraid.

Not good ethics at all Phil

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:27 - Feb 16 with 651 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Millie

My understanding is that Huw Cooze runs a design company and was working for the club back in 2002 when the club was in dire straights. If his company was right for the club at the time, offered the right level of professionalism and turned round a decent quality programme week in week out, it wouldn't be fair for his company to lose out now some 12 or 13 years later, the club only know if the price offered then (or now) is right. I assume it would look elsewhere if it wasn't or there was a better product on offer in up the road.
Surely, it's up to the Trust board to decide if personal gain for the service offered effected his ability to represent us, the fans.

It was also said on Saturday night that Leigh Dineen struggles to get a budget off Huw Jenkins, I'm not having a go at HJ but he needs to loosen the purse strings not only on football purchases but commercial activity too. Commercial is an area that has been under-resourced for years, we can all see that.

Was this Huw's first post?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:28 - Feb 16 with 642 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:23 - Dec 11 by londonlisa2001

I personally agre with you on Huw Cooze - I don't have a problem with it, as I alluded to yesterday.

I'd far rather the work went to a local company than was farmed out to London.

All those local boys doing well.....

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:32 - Feb 16 with 629 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:46 - Dec 11 by xmastree

Don't bring me into to it . I have fack all to do with the trust. In fact never been a member and before you say it I'm not an employee of the club either. What I do know is this constant almost cowardly assassination of certain people is just pathetic.

Don't like what goes on at our club then go knock on their doors and ask them to explain things to you. Not only might you get some answers but you might just learn something. But that would be too easy. You have been invited before haven't you ?. I wish they would invite you again and then perhaps all this vitriol would stop. !

Xmastree didn't like me

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 23:46 - Feb 16 with 601 viewsFireboy2

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:49 - Dec 10 by _

I do wonder who could possibly vote "YES" here but some have it seems!?

What a complete W@NKA you are
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024