Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? 18:33 - Dec 14 with 4834 viewsFerrieBodde

I don't understand why Monk favours Routledge so much. Ever since he's been appointed, he's been in every one of his starting XIs and he's almost never subbed off regardless of how bad he's been. I know he was solid today and assisted Bony's goal, but lately, he's been bad. That game last week against West Ham when he lost the ball every time he received it and struggled to even complete a pass was perhaps the worst performance I have ever seen from a guy in the Prem since Ali Dia.

He constantly gets the ball nicked from him, he almost never completes a decent cross, and his finishing is just piss poor. Piss poor. There's been like 3-4 times this season when he was clear on goal and did nothing but hit the ball straight at the keeper.

Dyer started off the season fantastically, scoring 3 goals in 3 games, but then Montero established himself in the starting XI and he got injured. Monk sacrificed Dyer, playing Montero in his natural left wing role and moving Routledge to his unnatural role on the right where Dyer normally plays. It hasn't really worked out thus far, and I seriously think we'd benefit greatly if our natural right winger starts on the right over Routs.

We're only scoring about a goal a game, and this needs to change. Stop playing Routledge in a role he's unaccustomed to and hoping that its going to work Monk. The time to drop him and play Dyer is long overdue.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 18:36]
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:43 - Dec 14 with 3791 viewsmidswan

unaccustomed to role ? seriously ? take a look at his Prem career (clue,more games than ANY Swans player and predominantly on the right......Is he not joint 2nd top scorer as well ? Dyer might well be a fans favourite but I reckon Routs is playing on merit. Better than Montero today no question.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:53 - Dec 14 with 3764 viewsConcerned_Parent

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:43 - Dec 14 by midswan

unaccustomed to role ? seriously ? take a look at his Prem career (clue,more games than ANY Swans player and predominantly on the right......Is he not joint 2nd top scorer as well ? Dyer might well be a fans favourite but I reckon Routs is playing on merit. Better than Montero today no question.

Routledge is a left winger. Always has been, always will be. His preference is always on the left, and in the past, he's only played on the right very sparingly and out of necessity.

He doesn't look comfortable at all on the right. Dyer should definitely be starting over him.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:57 - Dec 14 with 3742 viewsthereisnospoon

routledge has been absolutely toss this season. how he even gets any game time, much less start games is totally beyond me.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:00 - Dec 14 with 3726 viewsMrSwan

he done alright today

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:00 - Dec 14 with 3727 viewsmidswan

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:53 - Dec 14 by Concerned_Parent

Routledge is a left winger. Always has been, always will be. His preference is always on the left, and in the past, he's only played on the right very sparingly and out of necessity.

He doesn't look comfortable at all on the right. Dyer should definitely be starting over him.

how long have you been watching football in the Prem ? "always has been" a left winger?...No. You may think hes crap but at least get your basic facts right.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 3715 viewsGeoffThom

At the moment no ,dyer was poor for a while he has to start taking players on also his movement needs to be a lot better the last few games he's played he receives the ball standing still and plays it back or inside then just stands there what happened to the old give and go dyer
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:04 - Dec 14 with 3710 viewsmidswan

Apart from the assist for the goal today he set up 3 or 4 more clear chances,mostly for Bony.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:04 - Dec 14 with 3709 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:00 - Dec 14 by midswan

how long have you been watching football in the Prem ? "always has been" a left winger?...No. You may think hes crap but at least get your basic facts right.

I don't know what you're going on about. Perhaps you're thinking of another player. Routledge is a left winger and he's played nearly every game of his career in that role.

Come on you Swans.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:04 - Dec 14 with 3707 viewsicecoldjack

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 18:57 - Dec 14 by thereisnospoon

routledge has been absolutely toss this season. how he even gets any game time, much less start games is totally beyond me.

Sorry i disagree there. He has done as well as any other winger we have on the books, nathen has always been more of a favourite than wayne even when he runs around like a headless chicken giving the ball away .

Dyer will get a run after today IMO.

With Routs though not instead of him, Montero needs to drop out for a bit or come on later in the game, he has done great but is very one dimensional at times and is terrible for not releasing the ball at the right times.

Time to change montero,bartley and britton for hull away, britton only because i feel we wont be playing much footy up there .
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 3680 viewsmidswan

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:04 - Dec 14 by MyFinalHeaven

I don't know what you're going on about. Perhaps you're thinking of another player. Routledge is a left winger and he's played nearly every game of his career in that role.

Absolutely priceless comment. Nota chance mate,not a chance. Where are you looking for your info ?
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 3680 viewsConcerned_Parent

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:00 - Dec 14 by midswan

Don't even know why I'm replying to this clown, but look for yourself:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/wayne-routledge/profil/spieler/14066

"Main position:
Left Wing"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Routledge

"He plays as a midfielder on the left wing, although he can play on the right."
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:09 - Dec 14 with 3676 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It's not just about the right winger in isolation though. There's also the fact that Rangel looks so much better when he has Dyer in front of him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:10 - Dec 14 with 3669 viewsmidswan

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:08 - Dec 14 by Concerned_Parent

Don't even know why I'm replying to this clown, but look for yourself:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/wayne-routledge/profil/spieler/14066

"Main position:
Left Wing"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Routledge

"He plays as a midfielder on the left wing, although he can play on the right."

when you look at a decent source for your info ,not shitpedia, I will await your apology.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:36 - Dec 14 with 3593 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:10 - Dec 14 by midswan

when you look at a decent source for your info ,not shitpedia, I will await your apology.

I would imagine that watching games would give you a fairly good indication that Routledge has predominantly played on the left hand side for us.

As bad as he was in the last two games however, he did OK today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 3567 viewsmidswan

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:36 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

I would imagine that watching games would give you a fairly good indication that Routledge has predominantly played on the left hand side for us.

As bad as he was in the last two games however, he did OK today.

Agreed,for us he has obviousy played predom on the left. I was called a clown by someone who claims he's played on the left ALL his career which is 100% rubbish. Still waiting for an apology but I wont hold my breath....
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 3550 viewsKilkennyjack

Dyer has a lot to offer

Beware of the Risen People

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:52 - Dec 14 with 3521 viewsmidswan

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:48 - Dec 14 by Kilkennyjack

Dyer has a lot to offer

no doubt about that,prob get more game time in the next few weeks.Personally I think Jeff offers more coming off the bench.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:53 - Dec 14 with 3504 viewsLeonisGod

Routs is as right footed as they come (and started on the right in his Palace days i believe). I feel sorry for Dyer - he looked very lively in the ladt home game when he came on . And his understanding with Rangel is probably the best partnership at the club. But every time I think he should start ahead of Routs, Routs goes and has a great spell like in the second half today. If anything today i would have brought Montero off. Although he was good first half, in the second everything went through Routs.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 19:55 - Dec 14 with 3491 viewsJonnyTheJack

I thought he played well today. People saying that he can't play right wing, he's a winger and he's right footed ffs. He's a much better crosser of the ball than Dyer.

That said I always think it's important to bring a winger on as sub just for fresh legs. Surprised he didn't come on today after he came on and did well vs Qpr
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 20:03 - Dec 14 with 3448 viewsmidswan

Palace- r/w
Spuds-r/w
Pompey-r/w
Foolham-r/w
Villans-r/w
Toon-r/w
qpr-r/w
them up the road-r/w
Ingerland various levels-r/w
us-l/w

Hope this clears things up a touch
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 20:47 - Dec 14 with 3385 viewsChief

didn't think Routledge did a lot wrong today. was gash last week, really useless.

against a team today who played away in Turkey on Thursday and who we were dominating surely giving Dyer a go would have been a good option?

Has he been shagging Monks Mrs or something?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 21:11 - Dec 14 with 3351 viewsClinton

Not necessarily a starter today, but works well as a sub with Routledge going over to the left and a knackered Montero coming off.
That sub would have worked better than the Bony/Gomis IMHO. Dyer also does the defensive stuff well. Would have been ideal in the later stages today.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 21:13 - Dec 14 with 3345 viewsLeonisGod

Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 20:03 - Dec 14 by midswan

Palace- r/w
Spuds-r/w
Pompey-r/w
Foolham-r/w
Villans-r/w
Toon-r/w
qpr-r/w
them up the road-r/w
Ingerland various levels-r/w
us-l/w

Hope this clears things up a touch

But apart from that has he ever played right wing for us (ignoring the first season when he did with Scottie on the left). Or the second with Pabs on the left. Or the times when him and Dyer interchange, or when Brenda played him in the middle. Eh!? What have you got to say now then?
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 21:16 - Dec 14 with 3328 viewsJBT95

I think Dyer should have started yes, Wayne was off it last week and against Palace.
Anyone else feel Dyer should be in the starting lineup over Routledge? on 21:20 - Dec 14 with 3309 viewsmidswan

in answer (sort of ) to the OP, I think theres a good argument for rotating all 3 more often, Jeff and Routs can 'apparently' play both sides but Nath only ever seems to play right. Like I said earlier I actually think Jeff is better off the bench when his direct stupidly quick running carries more threat against tired defenders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024