Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... 01:01 - Dec 15 with 5274 viewsRuDeMan1970

of being our top goalscorer (and the PL's top scorer this calendar year) without his goals getting us the points. So far this season we have only gathered five points from the games in which he's scored - the win against Leicester and the draws against Newcastle and Palace (all at home). The guy must be feeling a touch frustrated, particularly when half of his goals in the PL so far this season have yielded no points at all. I just hope this pattern doesn't continue and he decides to start looking around for another club...

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 06:19 - Dec 15 with 3943 viewscaerleon_jack

If he wants to feel frustrated about something it should be about the amount of chances he wastes. He could be the top scorer in the Premier League this season by far, but he goes from being an instinctive finisher to one who scuffs 5 or 6 chances. If he put away even half the chances he gets we'd win every game.

Insert something witty here

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 07:08 - Dec 15 with 3895 viewspremierjack

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 06:19 - Dec 15 by caerleon_jack

If he wants to feel frustrated about something it should be about the amount of chances he wastes. He could be the top scorer in the Premier League this season by far, but he goes from being an instinctive finisher to one who scuffs 5 or 6 chances. If he put away even half the chances he gets we'd win every game.

That reply was spot on!!

This is the reason why wilf is not a top class striker yet and he's not worth the 30 million that some fans claim he is!!
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 07:31 - Dec 15 with 3861 viewsbuilthjack

Agree. I doubt many other strikers get the amount of chances Wilf does, he needs to convert a few more to kill games off.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 07:46 - Dec 15 with 3833 viewsjackal

Spot on!
He should have done better with 4 or 5 efforts yesterday.
I thought that his defensive heading was superb again though. A great asset in defense.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 07:55 - Dec 15 with 3810 viewscaerleon_jack

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 07:46 - Dec 15 by jackal

Spot on!
He should have done better with 4 or 5 efforts yesterday.
I thought that his defensive heading was superb again though. A great asset in defense.

He's a great asset all round and I don't like being critical of him because he is quite clearly one of the best players we've ever had - but he could/should be on about 15/16 goals already this season.

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:11 - Dec 15 with 3700 viewsScoobyWho

So Wilfy has only been involved in one winning game when he has scored. Someone check this !

If it is so it definitely points to his missed chances as one of the reasons why we don't win more matches. We have drawn or lost a few games by one goal this season,imagine the difference an extra five goals would make.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:16 - Dec 15 with 3685 viewsWhiterockin

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:11 - Dec 15 by ScoobyWho

So Wilfy has only been involved in one winning game when he has scored. Someone check this !

If it is so it definitely points to his missed chances as one of the reasons why we don't win more matches. We have drawn or lost a few games by one goal this season,imagine the difference an extra five goals would make.

If Bony had scored another 5 goals by now there is no way he would still be with us in January.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 3675 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:16 - Dec 15 by Whiterockin

If Bony had scored another 5 goals by now there is no way he would still be with us in January.

He will be gone in the summer anyway.
I'm not sure we would let him go in January unless it was huge money.
Negotiate a deal, yes, but not until the summer.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:39 - Dec 15 with 3636 viewsWhiterockin

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:18 - Dec 15 by ScoobyWho

He will be gone in the summer anyway.
I'm not sure we would let him go in January unless it was huge money.
Negotiate a deal, yes, but not until the summer.

Possibly the African Cup could work in our favor. Would you buy a player that you can't have for 4-6 weeks and may come back injured.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:43 - Dec 15 with 3629 viewstomdickharry

How about getting someone to play alongside him who can score goals,because our next leading scorer appears to be a bench warmer now.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:53 - Dec 15 with 3611 viewsWhiterockin

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:43 - Dec 15 by tomdickharry

How about getting someone to play alongside him who can score goals,because our next leading scorer appears to be a bench warmer now.

If we didn't play the system that we do, Bony would not get the chances he does. The game has moved on, you need to as well.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 09:58 - Dec 15 with 3582 viewsJethroJack

Wilf's low conversion rate of the large number of chances created for him is covered elsewhere...and reminiscent of Andy Cole at Manure.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:03 - Dec 15 with 3559 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We will sell him in the summer .

He's getting on a bit now .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:23 - Dec 15 with 3514 viewsdantheswansman

A striker sick and tired of being the top scorer ? ? ? ? makes sense ! probably the stupidest thing i have seen on here for a while .
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 3494 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This x 100.

There's something not quite right about him this season and it's very hard to put a finger on why.
He's not playing with the same physicality this term, goes down a bit easily and whereas defenders seemed to know they were in a game with him last season that seems to be happening less and less.

Is it that he prefers playing with Pablo in the hole rather than Gylfi?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:46 - Dec 15 with 3460 viewsperchrockjack

Its also about fine margins. He was very very close yesterday.

His attitude is top notch evidenced by his defensive duties.

Im certain he s not appreciated as he should be; its a very poor endictment of some of our fans.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:18 - Dec 15 with 3428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Perch mun it's a valid point . Against Arsenal he appeared to be asleep until two others scored and then he wanted to get in on the act! He won't be going for 20 million plus at this rate.
He needs to convert more chances to augment the great defensive work he's doing

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:19 - Dec 15 with 3427 viewsWhiterockin

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:39 - Dec 15 by Brynmill_Jack

This x 100.

There's something not quite right about him this season and it's very hard to put a finger on why.
He's not playing with the same physicality this term, goes down a bit easily and whereas defenders seemed to know they were in a game with him last season that seems to be happening less and less.

Is it that he prefers playing with Pablo in the hole rather than Gylfi?

He could possibly less physical because of his disciplinary record early in the season and has changed his game slightly to suit.
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:32 - Dec 15 with 3400 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:19 - Dec 15 by Whiterockin

He could possibly less physical because of his disciplinary record early in the season and has changed his game slightly to suit.

When was he disciplined last season for causing defenders to fall on their arses? He only got 4 yellows last season and no reds in 34 games.
The reason he got sent of against Southampton was the second yellow (dangerous play) for the scissors kick. He'd been fouled all afternoon and rose to the provocation

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:37 - Dec 15 with 3385 viewsperchrockjack

I agree with that Bryn. Honest. I feel weird with all this.
Did you fiond out who took your ID on here

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 11:59 - Dec 15 with 3360 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I seem to have transmogrified into JackHunt or something!

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 12:55 - Dec 15 with 3299 viewsRuDeMan1970

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:23 - Dec 15 by dantheswansman

A striker sick and tired of being the top scorer ? ? ? ? makes sense ! probably the stupidest thing i have seen on here for a while .

Re-read it in full and quit with the insults, mate. I did not say he is sick and tired of being the top scorer, I believe that Wilf maybe sick and tired of being the top scorer without the team then going on to garner the points as a result of his goalscoring.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 13:41 - Dec 15 with 3212 viewscaerleon_jack

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 10:46 - Dec 15 by perchrockjack

Its also about fine margins. He was very very close yesterday.

His attitude is top notch evidenced by his defensive duties.

Im certain he s not appreciated as he should be; its a very poor endictment of some of our fans.

I don't question his attitude at all, I think he puts a tremendous shift in for the team, but it still remains that he has had the chances to score a lot more than he has done already.

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 13:48 - Dec 15 with 3196 viewsLeonisGod

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 13:41 - Dec 15 by caerleon_jack

I don't question his attitude at all, I think he puts a tremendous shift in for the team, but it still remains that he has had the chances to score a lot more than he has done already.

If he did he probably wouldn't be with us. He's getting close to a goal a game in this run; I can't see how we can expect a lot more tbh (even if it is frustrating that he seems to need a few sighters before finding the net). What we need is a sinclair mark 2 - someone who can contribute a good chunk of goals from midfield. Step up Gylfi....
Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 16:52 - Dec 15 with 3096 viewsdantheswansman

Wilf must be getting sick and tired... on 12:55 - Dec 15 by RuDeMan1970

Re-read it in full and quit with the insults, mate. I did not say he is sick and tired of being the top scorer, I believe that Wilf maybe sick and tired of being the top scorer without the team then going on to garner the points as a result of his goalscoring.

I haven't even started with the insults and you wont be telling me what i can and cannot do either !
Regardless of the outcome of the match a Striker wont be sick and tired of scoring goals !
Like i said probably the stupidest thing i have read in a while !
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 16:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024