Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32459 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 18:56 - Dec 19 with 1882 viewsNeath_Jack

This is awful from the club on 18:17 - Dec 19 by dgt73

It's ok Lisa, your not the only person to end up looking a tw@t, by believing something they read in a newspaper and not checking out the facts. I once read in the daily sport there was a London double decker bus on the moon and i believed it.

As opposed to someone who believes something they watched in a f*cking film.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This is awful from the club on 18:57 - Dec 19 with 1874 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:56 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

As opposed to someone who believes something they watched in a f*cking film.

And what film was that. ????!

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 18:58 - Dec 19 with 1868 viewsNeath_Jack

This is awful from the club on 18:52 - Dec 19 by shandyjack

I may be missing the point here, but is anyone forcing people to pay this?? If you can't afford it then Don't pay it. If the demand is there and they have a waiting list at this price then why would they reduce it??
This run by the fan for the fan nonsense was all well and good in league 1 but we are in PL now and people need to realise the the directors need to do what's best for business first

What a silly attitude. Why exclude the majority? Why prevent hundreds of kids from living out their dreams? Oh yeah, because some can afford it, f*ck the rest. The pricing is obscene.

What's best for themselves you mean.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

This is awful from the club on 19:01 - Dec 19 with 1858 viewsNeath_Jack

This is awful from the club on 18:57 - Dec 19 by dgt73

And what film was that. ????!

I'll save you the time wuss. You are going to tell us now, that just because you said that Dineen said in Jack to A Nory that he remortgaged his house, doesn't mean that you believed him, right?

This is awful from the club on 19:04 - Dec 19 with 1844 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:01 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

I'll save you the time wuss. You are going to tell us now, that just because you said that Dineen said in Jack to A Nory that he remortgaged his house, doesn't mean that you believed him, right?

Ok are you saying he lied yes or no, or are you just one of these jealous and bitter people who hate people who make a success out of their lives.

This is awful from the club on 19:06 - Dec 19 with 1839 viewsNeath_Jack

This is awful from the club on 19:04 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Ok are you saying he lied yes or no, or are you just one of these jealous and bitter people who hate people who make a success out of their lives.

This is awful from the club on 19:09 - Dec 19 with 1828 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:06 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

The politics of envy look it up.....

This is awful from the club on 19:10 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:54 - Dec 19 by dgt73

You failed to mention ( or should that be the newspaper article) the free mascot packages the club give to charity's and other needy children. Also correct me if I'm wrong ( but I'm not ) if the child is a season ticket holder or the parents the cost of the package will drop by the price of the match day ticket.

did I?

That'll be why I said:

"I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash. "

And I don't care about price of match day tickets - in my opinion, and there is no right and wrong here is there, it's a blooming disgrace that we are top of the pricing table at £100 more than other clubs, apart from QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 19:14 - Dec 19 with 1818 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:10 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

did I?

That'll be why I said:

"I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash. "

And I don't care about price of match day tickets - in my opinion, and there is no right and wrong here is there, it's a blooming disgrace that we are top of the pricing table at £100 more than other clubs, apart from QPR.

Not time to time, most games apparently and if the club cut the price to £100, what would you do for the parents who couldn't afford £100, drop it even further. ??

This is awful from the club on 19:19 - Dec 19 with 1806 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 19:14 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Not time to time, most games apparently and if the club cut the price to £100, what would you do for the parents who couldn't afford £100, drop it even further. ??

my position on this is simple.

If the club want to maximise every commercial opportunity, including match day tickets, mascot prices, advertising flashing at the crowd etc etc, that is completely within their rights to do so.

However, if they choose to do this, I would prefer if they stopped trying to gain maximum advantage of the PR they receive through telling anyone that will listen that they are 'owned by the fans, for the fans' and that we're somehow 'different' from other clubs.

Because as it stands, we seem to talk the talk and hardly ever walk the walk - in fact, we often seem to do the reverse. That type of hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid.
This is awful from the club on 19:32 - Dec 19 with 1792 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:19 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

If the club want to maximise every commercial opportunity, including match day tickets, mascot prices, advertising flashing at the crowd etc etc, that is completely within their rights to do so.

However, if they choose to do this, I would prefer if they stopped trying to gain maximum advantage of the PR they receive through telling anyone that will listen that they are 'owned by the fans, for the fans' and that we're somehow 'different' from other clubs.

Because as it stands, we seem to talk the talk and hardly ever walk the walk - in fact, we often seem to do the reverse. That type of hypocrisy doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid.

It's called spin or propaganda or whatever you want to call it and it works a treat. it's a ruthless world especially in the PL, but the bottom line is if someone can't afford something, tough, that's life. There are many things I'd love but unfortunately i can't afford them, that's life.

This is awful from the club on 19:49 - Dec 19 with 1773 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

3) 'there are more stars in the universe than every grain of sand on every beach in the word' isn't fact. Scientific fact. Which is theorised. Therefore non fact (I'm using your logic by here)... Jonjo Shelvey doesn't lack football intelligence.. it's an opinion.. (I'm looking forward to his wriggling ) (he only talks about 'facts')

Which part of "we are talking" is confusing you then? This thread is not about the scientific fact that there are more stars in the cosmos than grains of sand on earth or the obvious realisation and popular view that Jonjo lacks footballing intelligence.

We are talking about if the directors, be it one or collectively own the club - it is a fact that they dont.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 19:51 - Dec 19 with 1769 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 18:58 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

What a silly attitude. Why exclude the majority? Why prevent hundreds of kids from living out their dreams? Oh yeah, because some can afford it, f*ck the rest. The pricing is obscene.

Spot on. Makes little difference if some can afford it or not.

They would soon complain if we stuck season tickets up to £1200.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:52 - Dec 19 with 1765 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:19 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

Bingo.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:21 - Dec 19 with 1694 viewsshandyjack

This is awful from the club on 18:58 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

How are the majority excluded then? You have proof of this? I think you get a lot for the money they charge

Poll: Expectation for the season

This is awful from the club on 23:24 - Dec 19 with 1691 views_

This is awful from the club on 23:21 - Dec 19 by shandyjack

How are the majority excluded then? You have proof of this? I think you get a lot for the money they charge

How are the majority excluded you ask? Are you for effing real??

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 00:39 - Dec 20 with 1641 viewsBobJack

This is awful from the club on 15:09 - Dec 19 by sixpenses

OK lets lay down some facts

All the shareholders are not Directors

(ans as I understand) All the Directors are not sharholders

All Shareholders own a stake in the club but not one shareholder nor any combination of shareholders without the Trust) own the club

The club is jointly owned by the combination of all shareholders complicated by the Trust where the organisation on behalf of it's Members hold the shares in Trust in this case t it is a body and not an individual - as indeed it may be with other shareholders whose shares are held by a company rather than an individual

The shares are merely worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Trust stand strong and show an ongoing committment to do the same as is it's perogative (and some may say absolute duty) then the shares may be worth very little.

Do you mean , 'Some of the directors are not shareholders ?

Some of the shareholders are not directors ?

Can't agree when you say that All aren't. Bingo ??

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

This is awful from the club on 00:43 - Dec 20 with 1638 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 00:39 - Dec 20 by BobJack

No he means that there's people with shares that are not directors Liberty you thick tw^t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 00:50 - Dec 20 with 1636 viewsBobJack

This is awful from the club on 00:43 - Dec 20 by Darran

No he means that there's people with shares that are not directors Liberty you thick tw^t.

Why didn't he say that then ?

This is awful from the club on 00:51 - Dec 20 with 1633 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 00:50 - Dec 20 by BobJack

Why didn't he say that then ?

He did.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 01:18 - Dec 20 with 1612 viewsBobJack

This is awful from the club on 00:51 - Dec 20 by Darran

He did.

Kids in school with me asked if they could ' lend ' me a pen, when they meant 'borrow' a pen. Some don't always mean what they say.

As for mascot prices, think the Swans should offer a range of packages / prices, not every mascot wants a matchday meal for whole family and a kit, which he may already have etc. All about options.

This is awful from the club on 01:40 - Dec 20 with 1605 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 00:39 - Dec 20 by BobJack

Fine whatever you prefer but I think you will find it is much the same thing and the statement I made is correct english usage (as well as being more appropriate to the point I was making), this might help

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/61381/what-exactly-does-all-items-not

Consider the old saying - all that glitters is not gold

I of course can understand your confusion but I would consider it basic logic speak

i.e. the statement "All the Directors are shareholders" is not true (which was central to the logic point being made - as the poster was referring to the directors owning the club)

or put in perhaps a way that is more familiar to you - Not all the shareholders are directors (the fact that some are is less important than the fact some are not)

The net effect of the statements being if you had a ven diagram of Directors and shareholders, some would be in the overlap i.e being both Director and shareholder (Huw and LD) and others would only be in one group or the other.

This is awful from the club on 01:54 - Dec 20 with 1596 viewsDJack

This is awful from the club on 15:09 - Dec 19 by sixpenses

OK lets lay down some facts

All the shareholders are not Directors

(ans as I understand) All the Directors are not sharholders

All Shareholders own a stake in the club but not one shareholder nor any combination of shareholders without the Trust) own the club

The club is jointly owned by the combination of all shareholders complicated by the Trust where the organisation on behalf of it's Members hold the shares in Trust in this case t it is a body and not an individual - as indeed it may be with other shareholders whose shares are held by a company rather than an individual

The shares are merely worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Trust stand strong and show an ongoing committment to do the same as is it's perogative (and some may say absolute duty) then the shares may be worth very little.

Here you demonstrate that you can post sensibly (and more importantly, correctly).

Edit: missed a bracket, for shame.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 2:03]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This is awful from the club on 02:00 - Dec 20 with 1594 viewsDJack

This is awful from the club on 19:49 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Which part of "we are talking" is confusing you then? This thread is not about the scientific fact that there are more stars in the cosmos than grains of sand on earth or the obvious realisation and popular view that Jonjo lacks footballing intelligence.

We are talking about if the directors, be it one or collectively own the club - it is a fact that they dont.

"there are more stars in the cosmos than grains of sand on earth"

...and to be fair you only quoted Professor Jim Al-Khalili from the "Everything and Nothing" programme on BBC which is a bloody good reference point. Sorry for moving off topic.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This is awful from the club on 02:11 - Dec 20 with 1582 viewsDJack

This is awful from the club on 19:51 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Spot on. Makes little difference if some can afford it or not.

They would soon complain if we stuck season tickets up to £1200.

Spot on and your posts previously on the matter stating how much you are prepared to spend is also correct i.e. keeping to a budget. I suspect (in some cases it was demonstrated) that most of those who slagged you off for your standpoint also slag off the feckless for doing the opposite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024