Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32044 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 1988 viewsItchySphincter

Arsenal have a mahoosive stadium and would not be guaranteed to fill it. Simple case of supply and demand. If wee had a 70,000 seater we probably wouldn't fill it if we let kids in free. It's just the way it is. Our prices don't vary much between most expensive and cheapest and it's obvious why.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is awful from the club on 18:35 - Dec 18 with 1983 viewsParlay

Spot on Lisa. Ive made my feelings quite clear recently regarding the disgusting match day prices, from owners who are supposed to be in touch with their community. 2 adults taking their 3 kids to ONE single match must pay up to £140?! Thats 33% of a full adult season ticket.

Mascot prices are also scandalous. There is so much wrong with the pricing of things at our club and the more people justifying it makes me despair. The English game has outstripped inflation and continues to milk every follower for every penny... Because people are happy to be milked. Well not this cow.

I refuse to pay anything over £25-£30 for a match day ticket so get my tickets second hand and refuse to pay £45 for a home shirt so always get them for £10 delayed by a season each time. Certainly if i had kids, i would not be handing over 10% MORE than a full season ticket for my kid to be a mascot for ONE match.

It is not a club run by the fans for the fans. Other clubs do far more for their fans. It WAS a club very much run by and for the fans... now its a few individuals running a club for those same individuals underserving the very fans they were there primarily to represent.

People often say "yes but chelsea offer x amount", "arsenal offer x amount" "so why shouldn't we charge this".

If we were owned by people wanting to extract as much money from its local community like that then id understand, but you cant claim the club is run for the fans on one hand while justifying it stripping the community for all its got because Arsenal do it on the other. One or the other.

We should be pioneers in looking after our fans. We have that platform to. We should have the cheapest EVERYTHING and maybe other clubs will follow suit. Walk up tickets, mascots and merchandise are absolute fish fodder in the great scheme if things. We posted a £16m profit last year, we have absolutely no reason to be squeezing the community like we do.

Parlay obsessives, the floor is yours.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 18:37 - Dec 18 with 1979 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:35 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Spot on Lisa. Ive made my feelings quite clear recently regarding the disgusting match day prices, from owners who are supposed to be in touch with their community. 2 adults taking their 3 kids to ONE single match must pay up to £140?! Thats 33% of a full adult season ticket.

Mascot prices are also scandalous. There is so much wrong with the pricing of things at our club and the more people justifying it makes me despair. The English game has outstripped inflation and continues to milk every follower for every penny... Because people are happy to be milked. Well not this cow.

I refuse to pay anything over £25-£30 for a match day ticket so get my tickets second hand and refuse to pay £45 for a home shirt so always get them for £10 delayed by a season each time. Certainly if i had kids, i would not be handing over 10% MORE than a full season ticket for my kid to be a mascot for ONE match.

It is not a club run by the fans for the fans. Other clubs do far more for their fans. It WAS a club very much run by and for the fans... now its a few individuals running a club for those same individuals underserving the very fans they were there primarily to represent.

People often say "yes but chelsea offer x amount", "arsenal offer x amount" "so why shouldn't we charge this".

If we were owned by people wanting to extract as much money from its local community like that then id understand, but you cant claim the club is run for the fans on one hand while justifying it stripping the community for all its got because Arsenal do it on the other. One or the other.

We should be pioneers in looking after our fans. We have that platform to. We should have the cheapest EVERYTHING and maybe other clubs will follow suit. Walk up tickets, mascots and merchandise are absolute fish fodder in the great scheme if things. We posted a £16m profit last year, we have absolutely no reason to be squeezing the community like we do.

Parlay obsessives, the floor is yours.

Walk up tickets lol

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 18:38 - Dec 18 with 1976 viewspencoedjack

This is awful from the club on 18:28 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

but Arsenals' cheapest kids ticket is £10 and ours is £17.50?

Arsenal's most expensive kids ticket is £32.50 and ours is £22.50.

They have very expensive season tickets though, you're right. But then they don't talk in the press about being a 'fans' club' that I've noticed?

You have to join the junior gooners membership scheme (£39) & then hope you get a ticket.

In theory you could pay for this (plus an adult if they are mascot age) and end up with no tickets.

Anyway the club should use that 43 grand to make my seat safe ....
This is awful from the club on 18:41 - Dec 18 with 1958 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 18:37 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Walk up tickets lol

Yup.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 18:42 - Dec 18 with 1957 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Arsenal's season tickets, whilst expensive, cover 26 matches including at least three CL matches so it's difficult to compare with other clubs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

This is awful from the club on 18:44 - Dec 18 with 1946 viewsScoobyWho

This is awful from the club on 17:59 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Of course it widely known. My two daughters when they were younger have both been mascots and if memory serves me right I payed around £350, for that you got 4 tickets, replica kits, pre - match meals and other little things and IMO worth every penny.

Right, and the same for my lad, it just isn't about being a mascot, which is what this is based on, Swansea offer much more. And for the take up our club gets on this, it clearly isn't a problem, unless of course the left wing guardian choose to make it one.

They should speak to the people who have taken their kids to these clubs as mascots and who have paid instead of making assumptions.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 18:44]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

This is awful from the club on 18:45 - Dec 18 with 1938 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:41 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Yup.

Yeah that would be great. I could see it now the club has 500 walk up tickets on sale every game and when we play Man U, Liverpool, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, Everton- 10 000 people turn up trying to get hold of the walk up tickets. Great idea.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 18:48 - Dec 18 with 1927 viewsreddythered

This is awful from the club on 18:15 - Dec 18 by Darran

My two kids were mascots on the same day down the Vetch and it was one of the best days of our lives,worth every penny.

I saw a fella in Cardiff yesterday in a 64 plate Ferrari,what a c*nt what about me?

"I saw a fella in Cardiff yesterday in a 64 plate Ferrari,what a c*nt what about me? "

Sorry Daz, if I'd known it was you I'd have swerved to avoid you.

I won't charge you for the damage to the bumper or the cost of getting a pleb to clean off the blood.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

This is awful from the club on 18:51 - Dec 18 with 1918 viewslifelong

This is awful from the club on 18:45 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Yeah that would be great. I could see it now the club has 500 walk up tickets on sale every game and when we play Man U, Liverpool, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, Everton- 10 000 people turn up trying to get hold of the walk up tickets. Great idea.

I was in the club shop in Cwmdu today, £40 for swans kit for a 2 year old... rediculous.
This is awful from the club on 18:52 - Dec 18 with 1908 viewsParlay

Certainly would be great wouldn't it. Are you suggesting we price out the working class fan because we want to avoid queues? Tickets are bought online and rarely bought direct from the ticket office.

Id suggest if we only have 500 tickets available for each game though, that the club is even further going against its tagline, by giving most of the tickets away to the complimentary sector.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 18:53 - Dec 18 with 1902 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 18:51 - Dec 18 by lifelong

I was in the club shop in Cwmdu today, £40 for swans kit for a 2 year old... rediculous.

Its pathetic.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 18:56 - Dec 18 with 1892 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:52 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Certainly would be great wouldn't it. Are you suggesting we price out the working class fan because we want to avoid queues? Tickets are bought online and rarely bought direct from the ticket office.

Id suggest if we only have 500 tickets available for each game though, that the club is even further going against its tagline, by giving most of the tickets away to the complimentary sector.

Who's been priced out ?? I see plenty of working class fans at the liberty every game.

This is awful from the club on 18:56 - Dec 18 with 1890 viewspencoedjack

Not forgetting the non ST holder JA members who spend there money following Swans home (when they can) & away.

I believe a fair system would be reduced prices for Cat A/B games for those with x amount of JA points.

Those who expect to turn up for Utd Liverpool Chelsea can pay £45 or go to watch Carmarthen town
This is awful from the club on 19:00 - Dec 18 with 1878 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 18:56 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Who's been priced out ?? I see plenty of working class fans at the liberty every game.

The ones that don't go id imagine.

Season tickets are a great price. For those that cannot get a season ticket and on minimum wage, must pay up to 25% of their weekly wage for a single match ticket (that doesnt include feeding yourself or getting there). That is pricing people out regardless of your anti parlay stance.

To suggest otherwise is naive.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:03]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:03 - Dec 18 with 1783 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:00 - Dec 18 by Parlay

The ones that don't go id imagine.

Season tickets are a great price. For those that cannot get a season ticket and on minimum wage, must pay up to 25% of their weekly wage for a single match ticket (that doesnt include feeding yourself or getting there). That is pricing people out regardless of your anti parlay stance.

To suggest otherwise is naive.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:03]

The stadium is full every game and that renders your argument void and I'd imagine there are plenty of people on min wage who watch SCFC week in week out.

This is awful from the club on 19:05 - Dec 18 with 1769 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:03 - Dec 18 by dgt73

The stadium is full every game and that renders your argument void and I'd imagine there are plenty of people on min wage who watch SCFC week in week out.

It makes absolutely no difference whether its full or not to the point being made.

If i sold my cakes for £1000 each, whether they sell out or not makes no difference to whether they price out the working class or not.

Stop being silly now.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:10 - Dec 18 with 1756 viewsDr_Winston

Season tickets are a good 25% too expensive. Doesn't matter if they sell out or not. We should be setting a better example.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This is awful from the club on 19:16 - Dec 18 with 1739 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:10 - Dec 18 by Dr_Winston

Season tickets are a good 25% too expensive. Doesn't matter if they sell out or not. We should be setting a better example.

Now as a staunch match ticket "activist" i have no problem with season ticket prices. £22 a match is a good price. We still need to find a balance with earning the club money and it also representing excellent value.

The problem is the differential between the season ticket price and the matchday price as for a third of the games, the matchday ticket is over 100% the cost of its equivalent ST voucher. ID say match day prices need to be slashed by about 30% across the board.

Or to represent better value to the ST holder, £30 flat rate ticket and scrap the category nonsense, that means a ST holder saves £8 a game and an annual saving of over £150. Well worth it.

But i agree, whether they sell out is irrelevant. Petrol would still sell out at £1.69 a liter. Doesnt mean its priced correctly or with the consumer in mind..
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:19]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:21 - Dec 18 with 1727 viewsScoobyWho

This is awful from the club on 19:16 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Now as a staunch match ticket "activist" i have no problem with season ticket prices. £22 a match is a good price. We still need to find a balance with earning the club money and it also representing excellent value.

The problem is the differential between the season ticket price and the matchday price as for a third of the games, the matchday ticket is over 100% the cost of its equivalent ST voucher. ID say match day prices need to be slashed by about 30% across the board.

Or to represent better value to the ST holder, £30 flat rate ticket and scrap the category nonsense, that means a ST holder saves £8 a game and an annual saving of over £150. Well worth it.

But i agree, whether they sell out is irrelevant. Petrol would still sell out at £1.69 a liter. Doesnt mean its priced correctly or with the consumer in mind..
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:19]

Thing is the Swans ban who wants to go most weeks doesn't care about one or two off games that are pitched at twice the price. They take their stake in the club when they renew their ticket. Ok, some cant afford it, but the majority can, and £400 ish isn't in anyway a lot of money compared to alcohol and fags.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

This is awful from the club on 19:21 - Dec 18 with 1726 viewsMrSwerve

Unfortunately supporting a Premier League club isn't cheap. The limited capacity doesn't help.

Let's go back to League Two, things will be better.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is awful from the club on 19:26 - Dec 18 with 1720 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:21 - Dec 18 by ScoobyWho

Thing is the Swans ban who wants to go most weeks doesn't care about one or two off games that are pitched at twice the price. They take their stake in the club when they renew their ticket. Ok, some cant afford it, but the majority can, and £400 ish isn't in anyway a lot of money compared to alcohol and fags.

As i said, season ticket price is fine.

There arent any season tickets left either remember. If someones circumstances have now changed and can go to every game now, it would cost him the best part of £800.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1713 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 19:21 - Dec 18 by MrSwerve

Unfortunately supporting a Premier League club isn't cheap. The limited capacity doesn't help.

I agree Swervey and I don't get this what about the people that can't afford it thing either,in fact it baffles me considering it isn't exactly a new thing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1709 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:21 - Dec 18 by MrSwerve

But it only isn't cheap because the club have decided to make it expensive. They don't automatically go hand in hand.

People that cant afford these tickets and have had recent bandwagon merchants take their seats probably would prefer a return to days where the club was surrounded by real fans where they were part of the club as opposed the being simply there to boost profits.

If i lived in Swansea with a family to feed on minimum wage id feel very let down by the club right now.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:32 - Dec 18 with 1701 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 19:30 - Dec 18 by Parlay

But it only isn't cheap because the club have decided to make it expensive. They don't automatically go hand in hand.

People that cant afford these tickets and have had recent bandwagon merchants take their seats probably would prefer a return to days where the club was surrounded by real fans where they were part of the club as opposed the being simply there to boost profits.

If i lived in Swansea with a family to feed on minimum wage id feel very let down by the club right now.

Well you don't so stop f*cking moaning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024