Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32046 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 1596 viewslatchford

More fool you for paying it
This is awful from the club on 21:49 - Dec 18 with 1582 viewslonglostjack

Can't be bothered to read all the yaboo stuff between the usual suspects but back to the subject of mascots Lisa is bang on. How much does it contribute to the club''s s coffers in the big scheme of things ? Peanuts! In the Bundesliga they have 22 mascots for each game selected from local schools or sports clubs. The name of the school is also displayed on the screens and announced on the PA system. Didn't have us down as a money grabbing club - surely we can do better ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

This is awful from the club on 21:53 - Dec 18 with 1569 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 21:39 - Dec 18 by Parlay

In what possible way could i change my post you clown? It is the exact same thing as what i said in the post previous ffs.

I am standing up for the awful prices.

You told me it doesn't affect me so i shouldn't be concerned

I told you exactly why that attitude is not helpful.

You continued to tell me that i shouldn't be concerned.

I questioned which part of the statement before is confusing you.

You realise you have come across a plum and are now talking about some editing bollocks only you know of and now heading down you usual fall back of mental health and therapy.

Get a job and stop being so vindictive.

I'm not the only one that knows of the editing bollocks though it's there in black and white for everyone to see now I won't be replying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 22:01 - Dec 18 with 1545 viewssixpenses

Adding the extras is just an excuse to hike the price

Sure the lucky kids love it but smacks of elitism. Prefer the membership and draw thing that is mentioned - means all get a chance at a reasonable price and ties the kids into the club more.

To be honest some of the kids are bigger than our players (and I an talking Bony here)

Good to see the irony of the moaners moaning about someone wanting to discuss a concern. The need to control is strong in them bless.
This is awful from the club on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 1527 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 21:53 - Dec 18 by Darran

I'm not the only one that knows of the editing bollocks though it's there in black and white for everyone to see now I won't be replying.

Why is editing a post a crime though. I am completely lost with you i am afraid. You obviously read it and responded prior to me editing it so surely the same stands as the post barely changed.

I asked you to read the previous post slowly as you completely ignored it and continued a dumb line of questioning. I then went back and copy and pasted the post i told you to read carefully and added it to my post.

This should have affected the conversation 0%. If you want to get out of a debate where you look like a prized plum on the fact i edited my post to make it easier for you to read, then be my guest. However id suggest leaving such threads in the future to the people willing to debate them.

Everyone can see you are looking a tit.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 22:18]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 22:13 - Dec 18 with 1525 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:01 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

Adding the extras is just an excuse to hike the price

Sure the lucky kids love it but smacks of elitism. Prefer the membership and draw thing that is mentioned - means all get a chance at a reasonable price and ties the kids into the club more.

To be honest some of the kids are bigger than our players (and I an talking Bony here)

Good to see the irony of the moaners moaning about someone wanting to discuss a concern. The need to control is strong in them bless.

Bang on.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 22:39 - Dec 18 with 1487 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 20:47 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Of course it is over priced. Petrol is over priced too, but people will still buy and thus prices will remain high.

People buy petrol because petrol is more or less essential. Football tickets are not essential. Stop being silly now.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 22:40 - Dec 18 with 1487 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:05 - Dec 18 by Parlay

It makes absolutely no difference whether its full or not to the point being made.

If i sold my cakes for £1000 each, whether they sell out or not makes no difference to whether they price out the working class or not.

Stop being silly now.

Wtf are you talking about.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 22:43 - Dec 18 with 1480 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 19:42 - Dec 18 by Darran

Well it doesn't affect you because you get your tickets cheap off your mate who only goes to the big games every time you fly home from Australia so stop f*cking moaning.

Talk about f*cking keeping on.

He didn't go to the qpr game because after his mate let him down he wasn't prepared to spend a few £ more to get a ticket, if you believe his story.

This is awful from the club on 22:47 - Dec 18 with 1473 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:39 - Dec 18 by dgt73

People buy petrol because petrol is more or less essential. Football tickets are not essential. Stop being silly now.

Its not essential, there is public transport. That is not being silly, it is a fact. Many people do not drive in this world, they are nit redundant members of society.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 22:48 - Dec 18 with 1471 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:40 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I thought it was fairly obvious as you have been told my a few people in this thread. Just because something sells out it doesnt mean it hasnt priced out the working class.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 22:51 - Dec 18 with 1468 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 21:49 - Dec 18 by longlostjack

Can't be bothered to read all the yaboo stuff between the usual suspects but back to the subject of mascots Lisa is bang on. How much does it contribute to the club''s s coffers in the big scheme of things ? Peanuts! In the Bundesliga they have 22 mascots for each game selected from local schools or sports clubs. The name of the school is also displayed on the screens and announced on the PA system. Didn't have us down as a money grabbing club - surely we can do better ?

If it's not mascots its season ticket prices, if it's not season ticket prices it's match day prices, if it's not match day prices it's replica top prices, if it's not replica top prices it's the commercial department and so on and so on, fuk me we don't half have some moaning tw@ts as fans. Maybe the answer would be to get relegated.

This is awful from the club on 22:52 - Dec 18 with 1465 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 22:47 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Its not essential, there is public transport. That is not being silly, it is a fact. Many people do not drive in this world, they are nit redundant members of society.

Try again. I said more or less essential.

This is awful from the club on 22:53 - Dec 18 with 1464 viewsNeathJack

This is awful from the club on 22:51 - Dec 18 by dgt73

If it's not mascots its season ticket prices, if it's not season ticket prices it's match day prices, if it's not match day prices it's replica top prices, if it's not replica top prices it's the commercial department and so on and so on, fuk me we don't half have some moaning tw@ts as fans. Maybe the answer would be to get relegated.

I concur.

To coin a phrase, we've never had it so good. Although you'd hardly think it reading some of the stuff on here.
This is awful from the club on 22:54 - Dec 18 with 1461 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:43 - Dec 18 by dgt73

He didn't go to the qpr game because after his mate let him down he wasn't prepared to spend a few £ more to get a ticket, if you believe his story.

Yeah, what a story, so unbelievable that they may make books about it in the future. Wtf isn't there to believe.

If i paid £15 more than what i believed to be correct each time then on that basis a local fan who goes to 20 games home and away each year will be paying £300 extra a year.

50 years of games and you have an overpayment of £15,000 and a deposit on a house for your grand child. Paying more than something is worth in my eyes is something i will never do and as a result can afford to have houses in the Uk and Australia, but nit everyone is as privileged as me.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 22:56 - Dec 18 with 1459 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:52 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Try again. I said more or less essential.

So not essential then, rendering your point useless.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 22:58 - Dec 18 with 1454 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 22:54 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Yeah, what a story, so unbelievable that they may make books about it in the future. Wtf isn't there to believe.

If i paid £15 more than what i believed to be correct each time then on that basis a local fan who goes to 20 games home and away each year will be paying £300 extra a year.

50 years of games and you have an overpayment of £15,000 and a deposit on a house for your grand child. Paying more than something is worth in my eyes is something i will never do and as a result can afford to have houses in the Uk and Australia, but nit everyone is as privileged as me.

Complete bullshite. I have a house in Swansea and two houses in England and that hasn't happened by not prepared to spend a few £.

This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 with 1446 viewsSwanseajill

This is awful from the club on 22:40 - Dec 18 by dgt73

As long as I can remember, a club mascot has always been expensive. When Major Pike was the match day chaperone the kids would meet the players, tour the dressing rooms, and generally have a great time.
But It's where your priorities lay, whether your kids become a mascot, or whether they have an X box instead, of course some parents can afford both.
One things for sure, there are mascots every home game, we are not short of them. So the people that can afford it do so ....simply because they can.
It is expensive for many. And I would like to see a draw each week of all junior tickets, so that all kids have a chance to win a day as a mascot for free.
This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 with 1444 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:51 - Dec 18 by dgt73

There is nothing to do with "if its not" the fact is that IT IS. The pricing of things at our club is astonishingly bad, the club is supposed to be run for us is it not? The board is supposed to be in touch with its community is it not? Then why are prices in line with a similar sized club in London who do not have the "for the fans" motto - when we are in one of the poorest parts of the UK?

No the answer is not to get relegated, the answer is to make football more affordable. You have said in another thread that not everybody would renew if season tickets were £700. Yet match day tickets are more than that pro rata - which means if we couldn't sell out to our community then the community collectively cannot afford to pay £35 a game.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 with 1444 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 22:56 - Dec 18 by Parlay

So not essential then, rendering your point useless.

Ok, let's imagine there was no more petrol available tomorrow, then you'd understand what the word essential means. Even public transport uses petrol and please don't split hairs by saying diesel.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 23:02]

This is awful from the club on 23:03 - Dec 18 with 1432 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 22:58 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Complete bullshite. I have a house in Swansea and two houses in England and that hasn't happened by not prepared to spend a few £.

That is not bullsh!te at all, its a fact. I conduct my businesses the same, if you continually overpay for everything then you deserve everything you get for your stupidity. Its not spending a few quid. I spent £345,000 on one of my houses, i think that constitutes a few quid. Would i have paid that if i thought i was over paying? Absolutely not.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:05 - Dec 18 with 1427 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 by Parlay

There is nothing to do with "if its not" the fact is that IT IS. The pricing of things at our club is astonishingly bad, the club is supposed to be run for us is it not? The board is supposed to be in touch with its community is it not? Then why are prices in line with a similar sized club in London who do not have the "for the fans" motto - when we are in one of the poorest parts of the UK?

No the answer is not to get relegated, the answer is to make football more affordable. You have said in another thread that not everybody would renew if season tickets were £700. Yet match day tickets are more than that pro rata - which means if we couldn't sell out to our community then the community collectively cannot afford to pay £35 a game.

I'll say it slowly for you. THE LIBERTY SELLS OUT EVERY GAME.

This is awful from the club on 23:06 - Dec 18 with 1422 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Ok, let's imagine there was no more petrol available tomorrow, then you'd understand what the word essential means. Even public transport uses petrol and please don't split hairs by saying diesel.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 23:02]

Im not splitting hairs, you are. You know exactly my point and are avoiding it as having to admit I'm correct is something you physically cannot do. Bus fares and train fares do not go up or down based on price of petrol. If petrol went up to £2 a litre people would still fill up their tanks instead of getting on a bus. Why? Because its convenient.

Same goes for anything. Milk. If all milk was to now be £3 a bottle, sales probably wouldn't even be affected that much. People pay. Doesn't mean it is not over priced though does it, it just means people will pay it.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:07 - Dec 18 with 1412 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:05 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I'll say it slowly for you. THE LIBERTY SELLS OUT EVERY GAME.

Ill reply again slowly for the millionth time. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ANYTHING.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:07 - Dec 18 with 1408 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:03 - Dec 18 by Parlay

That is not bullsh!te at all, its a fact. I conduct my businesses the same, if you continually overpay for everything then you deserve everything you get for your stupidity. Its not spending a few quid. I spent £345,000 on one of my houses, i think that constitutes a few quid. Would i have paid that if i thought i was over paying? Absolutely not.

I don't believe you are a business man, as you have no concept whatsoever of capitalism and supply and demand. You're probably a pea picker from Somerset.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024