Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32503 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 23:10 - Dec 18 with 1480 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:06 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Im not splitting hairs, you are. You know exactly my point and are avoiding it as having to admit I'm correct is something you physically cannot do. Bus fares and train fares do not go up or down based on price of petrol. If petrol went up to £2 a litre people would still fill up their tanks instead of getting on a bus. Why? Because its convenient.

Same goes for anything. Milk. If all milk was to now be £3 a bottle, sales probably wouldn't even be affected that much. People pay. Doesn't mean it is not over priced though does it, it just means people will pay it.

Lol of course train fares go up when the price of fuel goes up, they my not announce it but it does.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 23:12 - Dec 18 with 1471 viewsjojaca

Season tickets are good value for premiership football (even though i am struggling to come up with the funds so far because of unexpected bills to house and car). The only slight dig i have is have to pay about roughly three times more for a child season ticket because i am not situated in the family end. I believe the next few years will get even tougher economically and think we will lead to falling attendances in the top flight. I would not pay more than £30 for match day ticket now, money is getting tight with every passing month. I never thought of my kids for mascots because it's way out of my price range, £450 is my season ticket paid for.

Even when you know, you never know?

This is awful from the club on 23:15 - Dec 18 with 1459 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:10 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Lol of course train fares go up when the price of fuel goes up, they my not announce it but it does.

I thought you were just talking about not splitting hairs. No it doesn't, go up. If it does its in line with inflation rather than fuel prices. Either way it would be the cheaper alternative which of course is the point im making. Which you know.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 23:17 - Dec 18 with 1451 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:15 - Dec 18 by Parlay

I thought you were just talking about not splitting hairs. No it doesn't, go up. If it does its in line with inflation rather than fuel prices. Either way it would be the cheaper alternative which of course is the point im making. Which you know.

Lol are you seriously telling me that train companies don't adjust prices when fuel goes up in price.

This is awful from the club on 23:18 - Dec 18 with 1448 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:07 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I don't believe you are a business man, as you have no concept whatsoever of capitalism and supply and demand. You're probably a pea picker from Somerset.

You can believe im the sandman from pontamman for all i care. Im giving you facts.

You have a confused message. You were talking about a club being in touch with its community and being run by the fans. Thats all lovely and well and good. Then when you get questioned as to why then, as a result, prices are amongst the highest in Europe for a club our size with no European qualification... You resort to supply and demand and a capitalist ethos designed to milk that very community for as much as it can.

Now thats a very mixed message indeed is it not?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:19 - Dec 18 with 1448 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:15 - Dec 18 by Parlay

It would be much cheaper for a family of 4 for example to travel by car than by train. Fact.

This is awful from the club on 23:19 - Dec 18 with 1444 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:17 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Lol are you seriously telling me that train companies don't adjust prices when fuel goes up in price.

So you think prices change on a daily basis in accordance to the fluctuation of the fuel market. Can you confirm this?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:20 - Dec 18 with 1437 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:19 - Dec 18 by dgt73

It would be much cheaper for a family of 4 for example to travel by car than by train. Fact.

It would be cheaper for one person to travel by train than by car.

Your point?

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 23:21 - Dec 18 with 1438 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:18 - Dec 18 by Parlay

You can believe im the sandman from pontamman for all i care. Im giving you facts.

You have a confused message. You were talking about a club being in touch with its community and being run by the fans. Thats all lovely and well and good. Then when you get questioned as to why then, as a result, prices are amongst the highest in Europe for a club our size with no European qualification... You resort to supply and demand and a capitalist ethos designed to milk that very community for as much as it can.

Now thats a very mixed message indeed is it not?

Who's being milked. I'm very happy with all the prices within the club and so I'd imagine 90% of swans fans.

This is awful from the club on 23:23 - Dec 18 with 1432 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:19 - Dec 18 by Parlay

So you think prices change on a daily basis in accordance to the fluctuation of the fuel market. Can you confirm this?

Not every day but the price of fuel is taken into account and passed on to the commuters.

This is awful from the club on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 1425 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:20 - Dec 18 by Parlay

It would be cheaper for one person to travel by train than by car.

Your point?

Try again. swansea to London price around £75 by train. Swansea to London by car less than £40 fuel and take into account wear and tear and still much cheaper to go by car.

This is awful from the club on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 1423 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:21 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Who's being milked. I'm very happy with all the prices within the club and so I'd imagine 90% of swans fans.

Then you have answered your own question. Im not sure where you get your figures from but we will go with them.

10% of Swans fans who are not happy with it, would be your answer. Ironically it probably falls in line to the % of those that are season ticket holders and those that are not in the 18,000 home fans on a Saturday.

There is absolutely no reason what so ever that 100% of fans should not feel happy about the pricing. If 90% was acceptable then the players on the field need not put full effort in as long as they satisfy most of the effort requirements... Right?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:28 - Dec 18 with 1420 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:26 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Then you have answered your own question. Im not sure where you get your figures from but we will go with them.

10% of Swans fans who are not happy with it, would be your answer. Ironically it probably falls in line to the % of those that are season ticket holders and those that are not in the 18,000 home fans on a Saturday.

There is absolutely no reason what so ever that 100% of fans should not feel happy about the pricing. If 90% was acceptable then the players on the field need not put full effort in as long as they satisfy most of the effort requirements... Right?

If you gave every Swans fan a £ 1 000 000 gift some would still moan, thats the way some are.

This is awful from the club on 23:30 - Dec 18 with 1413 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:26 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Try again. swansea to London price around £75 by train. Swansea to London by car less than £40 fuel and take into account wear and tear and still much cheaper to go by car.

Can you not debate sensibly without resorting to such nonsense like "try again" after being proven wrong?

I took a national express coach from Hammersmith to Bath recently for £17. I drove it a week later as i had a meeting in Paris and it cost me £35 in fuel.

Now stop splitting hairs and being so pedantic. You made a point that if something sells out then it means the working class are not priced out. I am showing you (as others have) that this is not the case and is irrelevant whether something sells out as to whether one division of society is being underserved or not.

Take your anti Parlay hat off for once and start talking sense so the debate doesnt descend into a mass of smileys, lols and try agains.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:32 - Dec 18 with 1409 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:28 - Dec 18 by dgt73

If you gave every Swans fan a £ 1 000 000 gift some would still moan, thats the way some are.

Moan about what? The gift? Absolutely not, i guarantee it.

The match day prices? Certainly.

It makes no difference how much money you have, a fool and his money is soon parted. I hold the same principles now with two successful multi national businesses as i did when i was living off pot noodles in uni. Makes no difference what so ever.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:32 - Dec 18 with 1406 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:30 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Can you not debate sensibly without resorting to such nonsense like "try again" after being proven wrong?

I took a national express coach from Hammersmith to Bath recently for £17. I drove it a week later as i had a meeting in Paris and it cost me £35 in fuel.

Now stop splitting hairs and being so pedantic. You made a point that if something sells out then it means the working class are not priced out. I am showing you (as others have) that this is not the case and is irrelevant whether something sells out as to whether one division of society is being underserved or not.

Take your anti Parlay hat off for once and start talking sense so the debate doesnt descend into a mass of smileys, lols and try agains.

I could drive from hammersmith to bath for £17 no problem. It's only 110.4 miles.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 23:34]

This is awful from the club on 23:36 - Dec 18 with 1390 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:32 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I could drive from hammersmith to bath for £17 no problem. It's only 110.4 miles.

Then you must steal half your fuel.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:40 - Dec 18 with 1377 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:36 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Then you must steal half your fuel.

Work it out 4.54 litres to a gallon average car would do 45 miles to a gallon. 110.4 miles = lot less than £17. Fact.

This is awful from the club on 23:42 - Dec 18 with 1377 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:32 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Lambretta?
This is awful from the club on 23:44 - Dec 18 with 1365 viewsLeonisGod

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the top clubs with massive turnovers are offering mascot places for nothing. Botto line is this is a business (like it or not) and the small clubs will look at every option the maximise revenue.

The other thing about this is that we have a flat pricing structure. So that although our cheaper tickets are more expensive, our most expensive are cheaper than the most expensive at other clubs. This tends to be applied across all tickets.

I'd love the club to give freebies away to kids, but thiat's unlikely to happen. £79 or whatever it is for a kids season ticket in the south is excellent value imo.
This is awful from the club on 23:44 - Dec 18 with 1340 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:40 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Work it out 4.54 litres to a gallon average car would do 45 miles to a gallon. 110.4 miles = lot less than £17. Fact.

Riiiight. Now think brains, how you going to get back?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:46 - Dec 18 with 1339 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:28 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Lets hope any board members that cash in don't moan when they get their milion £ gift
This is awful from the club on 23:47 - Dec 18 with 1334 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:42 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

Lambretta?

No at today's prices and in a car that does 45 miles to the gallon, you would do 45 miles for £5.22, so 90 miles would cost £10.44 and 135 miles would cost £15.66 which is further than hammersmith to bath.

This is awful from the club on 23:48 - Dec 18 with 1324 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:47 - Dec 18 by dgt73

No at today's prices and in a car that does 45 miles to the gallon, you would do 45 miles for £5.22, so 90 miles would cost £10.44 and 135 miles would cost £15.66 which is further than hammersmith to bath.

Now double it and hear the penny drop.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:49 - Dec 18 with 1325 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:07 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I don't believe you are a business man, as you have no concept whatsoever of capitalism and supply and demand. You're probably a pea picker from Somerset.

I imagine a pea picker from Somerset would have enough common sense to understand the term too expensive in not the sole domain of the related Economic formula

Moral values for e.g. may come into play
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024