Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32025 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 23:52 - Dec 18 with 1561 viewsperchrockjack

We don't want investment or new money, we don't trust the board, chairman, can't or won't exoand the ground so the money has to come from somewhere.

We re a business

We don't need mascots..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 23:53 - Dec 18 with 1561 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:47 - Dec 18 by dgt73

No at today's prices and in a car that does 45 miles to the gallon, you would do 45 miles for £5.22, so 90 miles would cost £10.44 and 135 miles would cost £15.66 which is further than hammersmith to bath.

Did assume return but apologies a little out of touch, My car only does 12 MPG
This is awful from the club on 23:53 - Dec 18 with 1548 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:52 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

We don't want investment or new money, we don't trust the board, chairman, can't or won't exoand the ground so the money has to come from somewhere.

We re a business

We don't need mascots..

Can it come from the £16m profit we posted last year? Added to the £12m we posted the year before? Or indeed the projected record breaking profits we post this year?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 23:55 - Dec 18 with 1535 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:53 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

Did assume return but apologies a little out of touch, My car only does 12 MPG

My car does about 30 MPG and of course it is a return, the poor lad is stuck in Hammersmith now

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 23:55 - Dec 18 with 1533 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:52 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

We re a business

We don't need mascots..

By the time the new "investors" are finished we may not need players
This is awful from the club on 23:56 - Dec 18 with 1523 viewsperchrockjack

And I hope the profits keep racking up. I m too obsessed with us being used to making losses and being a basket case club.

Frankly, mascots seem an irrigation to the players walking out. Few can actually look at them and to me it's rather sickening to see such disdain..

Anyway, g night

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 23:58 - Dec 18 with 1513 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 23:56 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

And I hope the profits keep racking up. I m too obsessed with us being used to making losses and being a basket case club.

Frankly, mascots seem an irrigation to the players walking out. Few can actually look at them and to me it's rather sickening to see such disdain..

Anyway, g night

Wouldn't you rather we make slightly less profit and have a club for the fans? Otherwise why not ask Tesco to put their beans up to £2.49 a can, we can make sure their profits get higher while we pay for them. Sounds good.

Forum celebrity

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:00 - Dec 19 with 1514 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:55 - Dec 18 by Parlay

My car does about 30 MPG and of course it is a return, the poor lad is stuck in Hammersmith now

Nowt wrong with Hammersmith though

Did I say 12 MPG sorry I meant 12 MPH
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 0:02]
Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 00:04 - Dec 19 with 1505 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 23:56 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Anyway, g night

Nighty night PRJ
This is awful from the club on 00:05 - Dec 19 with 1504 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:55 - Dec 18 by Parlay

It also takes over 4 hrs to get from bath to hammersmith and you try and get there by 8 am.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 00:06 - Dec 19 with 1502 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:58 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Wouldn't you rather we make slightly less profit and have a club for the fans? Otherwise why not ask Tesco to put their beans up to £2.49 a can, we can make sure their profits get higher while we pay for them. Sounds good.

No especially if the fans are like you.

This is awful from the club on 00:08 - Dec 19 with 1499 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 23:58 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Anyway what time is it in oz, or are you still on your business trip in the UK.

This is awful from the club on 00:16 - Dec 19 with 1480 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is awful from the club on 00:08 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Groundhog day again on Planet Swans I see. Such a pity to see decent threads derailed time after time.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This is awful from the club on 00:16 - Dec 19 with 1480 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:05 - Dec 19 by dgt73

It also takes over 4 hrs to get from bath to hammersmith and you try and get there by 8 am.

Wtf are you going on about now?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:17 - Dec 19 with 1476 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:06 - Dec 19 by dgt73

No especially if the fans are like you.

Like me? Unwilling to get ripped off you mean?

Interesting that you do not include yourself as a swans fan.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:19 - Dec 19 with 1468 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:08 - Dec 19 by dgt73

No idea what the time is in Australia, depends which part you are referring to. I'm sure google will aid you.

Yes I'm still here and will be until i employ a manager to control the business as its about to be partnered with one in Paris - while i go back and control my Australian one.

Thanks for asking.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:22 - Dec 19 with 1459 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 00:16 - Dec 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Groundhog day again on Planet Swans I see. Such a pity to see decent threads derailed time after time.

Sorry Bryn
This is awful from the club on 00:23 - Dec 19 with 1455 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 00:19 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No idea what the time is in Australia, depends which part you are referring to. I'm sure google will aid you.

Yes I'm still here and will be until i employ a manager to control the business as its about to be partnered with one in Paris - while i go back and control my Australian one.

Thanks for asking.

Is the vacancy still available?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 00:24 - Dec 19 with 1452 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:23 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

Is the vacancy still available?

certainly is skip, send me your CV.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:31 - Dec 19 with 1438 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 00:24 - Dec 19 by Parlay

certainly is skip, send me your CV.

What sort of company do run?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

This is awful from the club on 00:37 - Dec 19 with 1431 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:31 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

What sort of company do run?

Investment business here and a property business over there. I will be selling this business soon though and hand over the keys to the Paris based company for a takeover.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:41 - Dec 19 with 1426 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 00:37 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Investment business here and a property business over there. I will be selling this business soon though and hand over the keys to the Paris based company for a takeover.

Give me a job before you f*ck it off then.. or only skilled individuals allowed.

This is awful from the club on 00:46 - Dec 19 with 1422 views_

This is awful from the club on 23:00 - Dec 18 by Swanseajill

As long as I can remember, a club mascot has always been expensive. When Major Pike was the match day chaperone the kids would meet the players, tour the dressing rooms, and generally have a great time.
But It's where your priorities lay, whether your kids become a mascot, or whether they have an X box instead, of course some parents can afford both.
One things for sure, there are mascots every home game, we are not short of them. So the people that can afford it do so ....simply because they can.
It is expensive for many. And I would like to see a draw each week of all junior tickets, so that all kids have a chance to win a day as a mascot for free.

Jesus Christ what a contrite and pathetic post.

I'm fed up of fans like your and Paul Neath Jack. It's your types that are killingour fans club ethos by blindly agreeing with every shit decision the greedy money grabbers are making.

This is a time for a reality check and a proper shake up. Look to Germany not America.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 00:47 - Dec 19 with 1422 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:41 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

Give me a job before you f*ck it off then.. or only skilled individuals allowed.

Im not looking for anybody other than a general manager Skip. You describing yourself as being "thick as sh*t" doesn't fill a potential employer with great confidence either

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 00:49 - Dec 19 with 1418 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:46 - Dec 19 by _

Jesus Christ what a contrite and pathetic post.

I'm fed up of fans like your and Paul Neath Jack. It's your types that are killingour fans club ethos by blindly agreeing with every shit decision the greedy money grabbers are making.

This is a time for a reality check and a proper shake up. Look to Germany not America.

Spot on. Germany leads the way and we are way way behind. Everybody realises this but the only people holding us back is the fans themselves.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024