Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32457 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 09:00 - Dec 19 with 1546 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:49 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Swansea to London is 15 euros (£12)

London to Swansea is 27 euros (£21).

£33 return.

http://www.checkmybus.com/london/swansea
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:50]

Without opening the link would i be able to get to my 8 am meeting on time if i catch the bus, if not it would mean I'd have to travel to London the day before and pay for a hotel.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 09:01 - Dec 19 with 1545 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 00:46 - Dec 19 by _

Jesus Christ what a contrite and pathetic post.

I'm fed up of fans like your and Paul Neath Jack. It's your types that are killingour fans club ethos by blindly agreeing with every shit decision the greedy money grabbers are making.

This is a time for a reality check and a proper shake up. Look to Germany not America.

So a post detailing the historic nature of these charges and making a positive suggestion regarding how this could be free for someone is a contrite and pathetic post? You don't do yourself favours on here sometimes.

Anyway, they're priced way too high IMO. A consequence of the total package maybe, but maybe that package needs to be looked at. The problem with laying this at the Trust's door was laid bare at the London forum ... there's a split at board level regarding the matchday pricing across the board.

I'm surprised so few seemed to know about this though ... my daughter would love to do this but coming from a family of Swans attendees it's a pretty big ask economically on top of our season tickets.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:01]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This is awful from the club on 09:04 - Dec 19 with 1533 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:00 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Without opening the link would i be able to get to my 8 am meeting on time if i catch the bus, if not it would mean I'd have to travel to London the day before and pay for a hotel.

Absolutely. The National express will get you in at around 5.45am.

Have a nice meeting.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 09:05 - Dec 19 with 1532 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:54 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Thats not what I asked.

The correct answer is of course, £8.2m profit last year if we didn't account for player dealings.

Also, that was before Sky increased their payments to Premier League clubs and took our income to £26.6m MORE than the period you refer to.

So no, i wouldn't be happy to sell Bony in exchange for less ridiculous pricing. But would be more than happy for the club to make 500k less profit than they do to look after the fans the claim to hold most important.

Or they could give themselves a £1.9m dividend instead of a £2.4m dividend. How about that?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:59]

There is still lots of things such as the clubs infrastructure to be paid for in the near future, how do you know those profits haven't been set aside to pay for the infrastructure.

This is awful from the club on 09:07 - Dec 19 with 1525 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:04 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Absolutely. The National express will get you in at around 5.45am.

Have a nice meeting.

What good is arriving at 5.45 am when my meeting is at 8 am and what time does that bus leave Swansea

This is awful from the club on 09:11 - Dec 19 with 1514 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:05 - Dec 19 by dgt73

There is still lots of things such as the clubs infrastructure to be paid for in the near future, how do you know those profits haven't been set aside to pay for the infrastructure.

It doesn't matter what they are set aside for. It doesn't stop the directors taking a £2.4m cut per annum.

We will simply have 500k less to put aside per year and be a far mire family and community oriented club as billed.

We posted an £8.2m profit last year without player transactions taken into account. Just normal operational profit. We have since boosted our income by £24m. Thats £32m. Even if your outgoings have gone up by £10m as a result of inflation in the game... That leaves £22m profit.

If we have to set aside £21.5m profit instead of £22m then im all for it.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:13 - Dec 19 with 1507 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:07 - Dec 19 by dgt73

What good is arriving at 5.45 am when my meeting is at 8 am and what time does that bus leave Swansea

It gives you 2 hours to prepare and saves you a load of money (which is of course what this is about). My point was people chose to pay more simply out of convenience rather than the fact it is priced fairly (which you are proving my point with regards to arriving slightly early).

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:13 - Dec 19 with 1507 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:11 - Dec 19 by Parlay

It doesn't matter what they are set aside for. It doesn't stop the directors taking a £2.4m cut per annum.

We will simply have 500k less to put aside per year and be a far mire family and community oriented club as billed.

We posted an £8.2m profit last year without player transactions taken into account. Just normal operational profit. We have since boosted our income by £24m. Thats £32m. Even if your outgoings have gone up by £10m as a result of inflation in the game... That leaves £22m profit.

Profit doesn't really matter for us. We're run on a break-even basis at worst. Our issue is cashflow.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 09:13 - Dec 19 with 1503 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:01 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

So a post detailing the historic nature of these charges and making a positive suggestion regarding how this could be free for someone is a contrite and pathetic post? You don't do yourself favours on here sometimes.

Anyway, they're priced way too high IMO. A consequence of the total package maybe, but maybe that package needs to be looked at. The problem with laying this at the Trust's door was laid bare at the London forum ... there's a split at board level regarding the matchday pricing across the board.

I'm surprised so few seemed to know about this though ... my daughter would love to do this but coming from a family of Swans attendees it's a pretty big ask economically on top of our season tickets.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:01]

Doing myself favours I'm not after not one jot....

We all have our favourite posters and friends on here And, and I'm sorry but Jill is not mine.

And harping back to the times of Major Pike says it all about some people's mindsets. The "it's just the way it is and the way it's always been and the way it has to be" crowd are killing us moving forward as a community, as a region, not just as a football club.

And, I asked a question about Bulk Vending on another thread, can you explain what he is invoicing the club for? Because for one, the £90k would pay for a whole lot of kids dreams by leading out their football team.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 09:14 - Dec 19 with 1502 viewsdobjack2

This is awful from the club on 08:36 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Thats not entirely true though is it.

We are not customers of the Premier League, they do not set the pricing. We are customers of Swansea City like we always have been. The Premier League don't charge us £45 a game and our kids £450 a match to be a mascot.... Swansea City FC does.

We pride ourselves on making our fan king yet bleed them dry. We have created a platform at Swansea where the limits can be pushed as we don't have (or shouldn't have) any self serving owners. We should be able to bear the fruits of our 12 year journey by now being able to set the standard for how things are done in the UK. Pioneers are made from situations like ours.

Do we? Do we hell. Greed takes over.

As for your range of pricing packages for the mascot - couldn't agree more. Excellent idea.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:38]

We agree. it is the decision of the club to set these prices, I was trying to set the context which you have done in a more direct way.
This is awful from the club on 09:14 - Dec 19 with 1496 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:11 - Dec 19 by Parlay

When you say directors do you mean the people who actually own the club and the people who worked for 10 years for nothing.

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 1475 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:14 - Dec 19 by dgt73

When you say directors do you mean the people who actually own the club and the people who worked for 10 years for nothing.

No, I mean the directors who are paid very well indeed prior to any dividends. Not to mention the fact that their shares increased in value each year to make them all asset millionaires as a result of our success.

Im not begrudging them either by the way. Im making a point that our fans have made Swansea their lives for a lot longer than 12 years. Our projected targets should t be based on how much we can give the people at the top and how much we can take from those at the bottom.

The club should reward fans, directors, everybody and STILL post extremely healthy profits.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:20]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 1473 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:13 - Dec 19 by _

Doing myself favours I'm not after not one jot....

We all have our favourite posters and friends on here And, and I'm sorry but Jill is not mine.

And harping back to the times of Major Pike says it all about some people's mindsets. The "it's just the way it is and the way it's always been and the way it has to be" crowd are killing us moving forward as a community, as a region, not just as a football club.

And, I asked a question about Bulk Vending on another thread, can you explain what he is invoicing the club for? Because for one, the £90k would pay for a whole lot of kids dreams by leading out their football team.

She may not be but courtesy costs nothing.

It's a fair question, and I don't know the answer. Given the lack of vending machines around the place I would assume it relates to his expenses while acting as commercial director / VC of the club (and given the International nature of that gig they're always going to be substantial) but I couldn't say for certain. The next set of accounts are out within the next month or so and I'll be doing some digging on them once available.

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 1472 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:14 - Dec 19 by dgt73

You're not still believing that bollocks are you? Jesus Christ you must be the only one who is.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 1472 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:13 - Dec 19 by Parlay

It gives you 2 hours to prepare and saves you a load of money (which is of course what this is about). My point was people chose to pay more simply out of convenience rather than the fact it is priced fairly (which you are proving my point with regards to arriving slightly early).

Time is money if i send someone to a meeting I'd expect them to be fully prepared before they set off. Also what time do they get back to Swansea the meeting finishes at 3.45 pm and remember time is money.

This is awful from the club on 09:20 - Dec 19 with 1460 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No, I mean the directors who are paid very well indeed prior to any dividends. Not to mention the fact that their shares increased in value each year to make them all asset millionaires as a result of our success.

Im not begrudging them either by the way. Im making a point that our fans have made Swansea their lives for a lot longer than 12 years. Our projected targets should t be based on how much we can give the people at the top and how much we can take from those at the bottom.

The club should reward fans, directors, everybody and STILL post extremely healthy profits.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:20]

But are these the people who own the club. A simple yes or no would do.

This is awful from the club on 09:22 - Dec 19 with 1449 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

It's a fair question, and I don't know the answer. Given the lack of vending machines around the place I would assume it relates to his expenses while acting as commercial director / VC of the club (and given the International nature of that gig they're always going to be substantial) but I couldn't say for certain. The next set of accounts are out within the next month or so and I'll be doing some digging on them once available.

So basically we are paying him a huge salary and then in addition to this he is invoicing the club for expenses while he seeks out "investors"?

Jesus wept...

Our club went years ago.... I hope supporters realise this.

This is awful from the club on 09:22 - Dec 19 with 1449 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Time is money if i send someone to a meeting I'd expect them to be fully prepared before they set off. Also what time do they get back to Swansea the meeting finishes at 3.45 pm and remember time is money.

You are sending them? I thought you were going?

Its a 5 hour bus journey so you can do the maths.

You do realise that you are now getting into the realms of convenience and thus proving my point dont you? Or have you completely forgot what you are arguing about just because its me again?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 with 1442 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:22 - Dec 19 by _

So basically we are paying him a huge salary and then in addition to this he is invoicing the club for expenses while he seeks out "investors"?

Jesus wept...

Our club went years ago.... I hope supporters realise this.

In my job I claim expenses when travelling abroad on business trips. There was a time I had to book the flights and hotel myself, and seek reimbursement. You won't find anyone that isn't. It's pretty standard practice. You expect him to travel to the likes of Korea on his own coin? That's pretty unrealistic.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:24]

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 with 1438 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:20 - Dec 19 by dgt73

But are these the people who own the club. A simple yes or no would do.

No, they don't own the club. They own a small part of it, just like us as supporters do.

They are paid very well in terms of salary, more than most supporters and also get a £2.4m bonus payment.

Next.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 with 1438 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:22 - Dec 19 by Parlay

You are sending them? I thought you were going?

Its a 5 hour bus journey so you can do the maths.

You do realise that you are now getting into the realms of convenience and thus proving my point dont you? Or have you completely forgot what you are arguing about just because its me again?

If I go I wouldn't be so stupid to catch the bus

This is awful from the club on 09:24 - Dec 19 with 1433 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 by dgt73

If I go I wouldn't be so stupid to catch the bus

Then a fool and his money is soon parted.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:24 - Dec 19 with 1430 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No, they don't own the club. They own a small part of it, just like us as supporters do.

They are paid very well in terms of salary, more than most supporters and also get a £2.4m bonus payment.

Next.

Who owns the club then ?

This is awful from the club on 09:25 - Dec 19 with 1428 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

And when you say the international nature of the gig, is this the same Leigh Dineen who could barely drag his sorry ass to London because of his family commitments?

This is awful from the club on 09:26 - Dec 19 with 1419 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:24 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Who owns the club then ?

No one person or enterprise.. It is a club made up of shareholders, each share holder owns a part. The larger the stake the larger the part.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024