Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32049 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 17:55 - Dec 18 with 7559 viewspencoedjack

If we had Qatari billionaires in charge it would be free
This is awful from the club on 17:59 - Dec 18 with 7538 viewsdgt73

Of course it widely known. My two daughters when they were younger have both been mascots and if memory serves me right I payed around £350, for that you got 4 tickets, replica kits, pre - match meals and other little things and IMO worth every penny.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 7520 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 17:55 - Dec 18 by pencoedjack

Yes good point and Lisa listed Man U, Chelsea and arsenal as examples, well that did make me laugh to be honest.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 18:01]

This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 7520 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 17:55 - Dec 18 by pencoedjack

well i will say this Pencoed - it is stuff like this that makes me wonder whether there is anything at all other than PR behind the 'fans for the fans' bit.

I note that the Guardian has a quote from the Trust saying it's too high, but come on - this isn't 'too high' it is absolutely shocking.

At 5 mascots per game for 19 homes games it's £43k - surely to God we don't need £43k so much that we are doing this to local children when we're bringing in £100m?
This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 7507 viewsItchySphincter

Some people need to f*ck off and support another club. It's not as if it's a compulsory purchase. All we get these days is moan, moan, moan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is awful from the club on 18:03 - Dec 18 with 7499 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

well i will say this Pencoed - it is stuff like this that makes me wonder whether there is anything at all other than PR behind the 'fans for the fans' bit.

I note that the Guardian has a quote from the Trust saying it's too high, but come on - this isn't 'too high' it is absolutely shocking.

At 5 mascots per game for 19 homes games it's £43k - surely to God we don't need £43k so much that we are doing this to local children when we're bringing in £100m?

Do the mascots at Chelsea for example get 4 tickets plus pre- match meal?

This is awful from the club on 18:04 - Dec 18 with 7489 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 17:59 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Of course it widely known. My two daughters when they were younger have both been mascots and if memory serves me right I payed around £350, for that you got 4 tickets, replica kits, pre - match meals and other little things and IMO worth every penny.

well you obviously know if you've paid it yourself, but as I live away and haven't paid for a child to be a mascot I had no idea.

When you say it's worth every penny - what about people that aren't fortunate enough to be able to find £450? What about their children? Or are children from poorer backgrounds not important?
This is awful from the club on 18:08 - Dec 18 with 7459 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 by ItchySphincter

Some people need to f*ck off and support another club. It's not as if it's a compulsory purchase. All we get these days is moan, moan, moan.

that's a very unfair statement.

I rarely moan about the club (much to the disgust of many on here) but I do think the match day ticket prices are a rip off and I think this is a disgrace I'm afraid.

We are unique in being a (partly) fan owned club. I don't expect that to equate to highest ticket prices and highest mascot prices in an area which probably has one of the lowest levels of income per head for the local population of any club in the premier league.
Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 18:09 - Dec 18 with 7455 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:04 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

well you obviously know if you've paid it yourself, but as I live away and haven't paid for a child to be a mascot I had no idea.

When you say it's worth every penny - what about people that aren't fortunate enough to be able to find £450? What about their children? Or are children from poorer backgrounds not important?

You'd never be able to cater for every child who wanted to be a mascot who's family's couldn't afford it. My daughters would love me to buy a £300 million yacht and i have to tell them I can't afford one. It's called life.

This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 7448 viewsBaglanswan1992

A friend of mine had her two sons as mascots back in the vetch days and it cost about the same back then.

I don't think its that big an issues really as other clubs do the same apart from the big clubs who can afford not charge.
This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 7443 viewspencoedjack

This is awful from the club on 18:03 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Exactly its probably not like for like (although I do admit its seems excessive)

There was a recent survey (that DYSS brought up not so long ago) where our match day prices were in the top half of PL prices, but if you looked into it our ST prices (I think with the exception of Burnley) were the cheapest.

The pint half empty crew will always find something to moan about.
This is awful from the club on 18:11 - Dec 18 with 7434 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:03 - Dec 18 by dgt73

I have no idea, but 4 tickets cost what, £90 (at season ticket prices) and 4 meals cost another £20 (at cost) or £100 at £25 per head (which they presumably don't actually charge this amount for children?)

So even if they just charged the price of the meals and tickets, or even the kit as well, you're talking less than £250, not £450?
This is awful from the club on 18:12 - Dec 18 with 7430 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We don't even let kids take penalties in the main goal these days.

That's my biggest moan .

Bring back half time shoot outs great entertainment from the good old days
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 18:14]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This is awful from the club on 18:13 - Dec 18 with 7422 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:11 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

I have no idea, but 4 tickets cost what, £90 (at season ticket prices) and 4 meals cost another £20 (at cost) or £100 at £25 per head (which they presumably don't actually charge this amount for children?)

So even if they just charged the price of the meals and tickets, or even the kit as well, you're talking less than £250, not £450?

You also get a few other things, can't remember them all, but apart from the super rich clubs, all clubs charge.

This is awful from the club on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 7412 viewsGlyn1

Here's the link, and if you go to table halfway down the article you can click on the button to find out the various costs for children (season tickets, cost of kit and so on).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-

Actually, people are charged more than £450 because it's £450 PLUS VAT, so it's probably over the £500 mark.

I'd like us to be in the top 2 in the Premier League in some things, but not this way.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

This is awful from the club on 18:15 - Dec 18 with 7406 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 18 by Baglanswan1992

A friend of mine had her two sons as mascots back in the vetch days and it cost about the same back then.

I don't think its that big an issues really as other clubs do the same apart from the big clubs who can afford not charge.

My two kids were mascots on the same day down the Vetch and it was one of the best days of our lives,worth every penny.

I saw a fella in Cardiff yesterday in a 64 plate Ferrari,what a c*nt what about me?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 18:15 - Dec 18 with 7404 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 18 by Baglanswan1992

the whole point is that they don't though.

9 clubs charge nothing (not only the big ones - Southampton and Sunderland don't charge) Burnley charge £40, Hull and Palace £150, etc etc.

The ONLY clubs which charge more than £300 are Stoke, West Ham, us and QPR, with us and QPR being £100 more than the others.
This is awful from the club on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 7390 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:09 - Dec 18 by dgt73

You'd never be able to cater for every child who wanted to be a mascot who's family's couldn't afford it. My daughters would love me to buy a £300 million yacht and i have to tell them I can't afford one. It's called life.

but that's not the same thing.

£43k per year total income to the club. Does anyone on here think that makes the slightest difference to our competitiveness?
This is awful from the club on 18:18 - Dec 18 with 7374 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:15 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

the whole point is that they don't though.

9 clubs charge nothing (not only the big ones - Southampton and Sunderland don't charge) Burnley charge £40, Hull and Palace £150, etc etc.

The ONLY clubs which charge more than £300 are Stoke, West Ham, us and QPR, with us and QPR being £100 more than the others.

Ok let's do what arsenal do and let children be mascots for free and maybe we could also charge £1000 for the cheapest season ticket. It swings in roundabouts simple as that.

This is awful from the club on 18:20 - Dec 18 with 7365 viewsItchySphincter

This is awful from the club on 18:08 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

that's a very unfair statement.

I rarely moan about the club (much to the disgust of many on here) but I do think the match day ticket prices are a rip off and I think this is a disgrace I'm afraid.

We are unique in being a (partly) fan owned club. I don't expect that to equate to highest ticket prices and highest mascot prices in an area which probably has one of the lowest levels of income per head for the local population of any club in the premier league.

I was generalising.

On ticket prices, ours aren't particularly high but given the stadium capacity we aren't able to offer cheap deals like other clubs. Depends on how it's spun.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is awful from the club on 18:21 - Dec 18 with 7354 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:17 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

but that's not the same thing.

£43k per year total income to the club. Does anyone on here think that makes the slightest difference to our competitiveness?

£43 k here a few k there and it would soon add up believe me. SCFC isn't a charity and operates in a ruthless business.

This is awful from the club on 18:23 - Dec 18 with 7340 viewspencoedjack

This is awful from the club on 18:21 - Dec 18 by dgt73

£43 k here a few k there and it would soon add up believe me. SCFC isn't a charity and operates in a ruthless business.

We agree again
This is awful from the club on 18:24 - Dec 18 with 7335 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:15 - Dec 18 by Darran

My two kids were mascots on the same day down the Vetch and it was one of the best days of our lives,worth every penny.

I saw a fella in Cardiff yesterday in a 64 plate Ferrari,what a c*nt what about me?

to be fair though Darran, in those days there was probably more justification for it because the club didn't have a pot to p*** in and we were having bucket collections for Leon and not declaring £15m profits and £2m dividends.

There should, in the way that there has been a change in benefits to shareholders and players of the upturn in fortunes, surely be some change in benefits to local kids due to the same upturn in fortunes?
This is awful from the club on 18:28 - Dec 18 with 7307 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:18 - Dec 18 by dgt73

Ok let's do what arsenal do and let children be mascots for free and maybe we could also charge £1000 for the cheapest season ticket. It swings in roundabouts simple as that.

but Arsenals' cheapest kids ticket is £10 and ours is £17.50?

Arsenal's most expensive kids ticket is £32.50 and ours is £22.50.

They have very expensive season tickets though, you're right. But then they don't talk in the press about being a 'fans' club' that I've noticed?
This is awful from the club on 18:31 - Dec 18 with 7282 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:28 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

but Arsenals' cheapest kids ticket is £10 and ours is £17.50?

Arsenal's most expensive kids ticket is £32.50 and ours is £22.50.

They have very expensive season tickets though, you're right. But then they don't talk in the press about being a 'fans' club' that I've noticed?

So because the club uses some positive spin by using the term " fans club " that means we have to become a charity and also the cheapest in every regard lol. What next ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024