Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done to Garry Monk 17:07 - Dec 20 with 2798 views_

He made some bold decisions today, some forced and some not so, and he's come out of it very nicely.

If I was floating as to who my player of the season was so far, it's certainly cemented as Ki after today. He was absolutely immense and the running he put in was awesome. He really stood up for the team today in light of so many changes and was ably deputised by Shelvey and Carroll. There was a nice little balance offered between the three.

Also a brave choice playing Jazz and even after his yellow card to leave him on the pitch but he did and that win will do wonders for the boy to extinguish last week's pain.

Happy with the work Bafi puts in and when he gets a run of games next month I'm confident he'll stand up to the plate as well.

It was a good away performance and a comfortable win actually.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:10 - Dec 20 with 2746 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Agree about Ki. About 20 mins from the end they had the ball and he chased it for about 5 passes all over the pitch, making sure they couldn't do much with it. Lots of the players were blowing by then but he led by example of the mentality needed at that stage of the game. I think even Emnes took note.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:12 - Dec 20 with 2721 viewsNOTRAC

To be fair, Garry Monk put his head on the block with his changes today,but he has come out with great credit.
To play Jazz Richards was particularly daring,but he has helped the player today by allowing him to move forward from the disaster of last week.
Well done Gary Monk.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 2679 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we'd lost today Monk would have been absolutely pulled to bits for that selection. I'm so glad it worked out well for all concerned.

Poll: Tory leader

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:16 - Dec 20 with 2660 viewsZut_Alors

Good sum up, T2C, and I agree about Jazz.

The only decision that surprised me was Tom C coming off. Is he coming back from injury? Would like to see him carry the ball forward more, but he's very positionally discipled for a youngster and I think he's been a good signing.

With Bafe, I think the big thing is that our attacking players need to realise he's looking for ball in behind the defenders. Likewise, he needs to know when to set things up for the counter by making the simple pass.

Good to know that Jonjo is ready to step in for Gylfi when needed at No.10. With Gylfi's increased defensive rigour and workrate, it's not impossible to imagine him playing as a box to box midfielder. Not suggesting it happens any time soon, but he's got the passing skills for it and might get more space to pick out passes a bit deeper.
Well done to Garry Monk on 17:19 - Dec 20 with 2631 viewsIslander

agreed - apart from the bit about "Ki......ably deputised by Shelvey and Carroll" - Carroll coulda/shoulda offered more than simply being Ki's assistant

our style of game depends upon a dynamic balance in the midfield - a la Leon/Feddie/et al - we didnt have that today (despite Ki's immense performance)
Well done to Garry Monk on 17:21 - Dec 20 with 2618 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We still have the tendency to try and play Gomis the same way as Bony and thier strengths are completely different.
Carroll showed that he can be quite a good attacker today.
Gomis did a good job of closing down defenders and the goal keeper, just a pity he didn't score.
Well done to Garry Monk on 17:22 - Dec 20 with 2601 viewsskippyjack

Newcastles next 4 games.. Sunderland, Man Utd, Everton, Burnley
Arsenals next 4 games.. Liverpool, QPR, West Ham, Saints
Spurs next 3 games.. Leicester, Man Utd, Chelsea
Saints next 3 games.. Palace, Chelsea, Arsenal
West Hams next 3.. Chelsea, Arsenal, West Brom
Man Utds next 3.. Newcastle, Spurs, Stoke

Ours is Villa, Liverpool, QPR.. get 7 or 6 points from the next 3.. our Champions League revival is on course
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 17:24]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:24 - Dec 20 with 2585 viewslifelong

I also thought that Ki was excellent today, not a brilliant all round performance from the team but much too good for Hull.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:25 - Dec 20 with 2566 viewsDanielswan

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:22 - Dec 20 by skippyjack

Ours is Villa, Liverpool, QPR.. get 7 or 6 points from the next 3.. our Champions League revival is on course

I was actually thinking the same ..... :)

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:26 - Dec 20 with 2560 viewsexiledclaseboy

Liverpool away is always going to be difficult, despite how crap they are. I fully expect us to lose at QPR because it's QPR and we always do and I hate them. Boxing Day three points is very important.

Poll: Tory leader

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:27 - Dec 20 with 2556 viewsbuilthjack

I agree with the report from the2ndcoming. Spot on actually.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Well done to Garry Monk on 18:24 - Dec 20 with 2395 viewsDJack

Again, another one of your better posts. Good to see.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Well done to Garry Monk on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 2355 viewspencoedjack

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:26 - Dec 20 by exiledclaseboy

Liverpool away is always going to be difficult, despite how crap they are. I fully expect us to lose at QPR because it's QPR and we always do and I hate them. Boxing Day three points is very important.

Last time I went to QPR we put 5 past them ... I am expecting the same New Years day
Well done to Garry Monk on 18:31 - Dec 20 with 2353 viewsKilkennyjack

Brave selection, and a great result. Job done.

Beware of the Risen People

Well done to Garry Monk on 18:56 - Dec 20 with 2274 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm slowly learning not to 2nd guess Monk.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Well done to Garry Monk on 19:03 - Dec 20 with 2230 viewsperchrockjack

Also agree but ki was obviously outstanding.

We ll do well to cover for him.

What has gone on with him is stunning.

Worth I would say at least double what we paid for hom.

Great buy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Well done to Garry Monk on 20:39 - Dec 20 with 2075 viewsBloodyhills

I agree, so far I'd say Ki followed by Fabianski.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Well done to Garry Monk on 22:14 - Dec 20 with 1904 viewstomdickharry

Should have fielded our strongest team you just don't gamble in the PL,however,well done. Would rather finish 3rd than 4th wouldn't have to play a qualifying road then.
Well done to Garry Monk on 22:47 - Dec 20 with 1819 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Let's be totally honest about it .

Thank f u ck we played that shower of sho it today ,

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Well done to Garry Monk on 23:41 - Dec 20 with 1705 viewslonglostjack

Well done to Garry Monk on 17:21 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

We still have the tendency to try and play Gomis the same way as Bony and thier strengths are completely different.
Carroll showed that he can be quite a good attacker today.
Gomis did a good job of closing down defenders and the goal keeper, just a pity he didn't score.

Agreed - Gomis will come good, he needs a run of games and he's got different qualities to Bony.
Siggy will know how to feed him !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024