Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the officials understand the offside rule? Or it is just me who doesn't 17:51 - Dec 26 with 4936 viewsUplandsJack

Now I start by saying i was sitting over in the lower east about on halfway but to me although Bony looked offside when the initial ball was played it looked from where I was sitting that the ball then came off of a villa player before Bony ran onto ball and buried what should have been a perfectly good goal. That would have surely given us a more comfortable ride to the final whistle...
Roger East is a crap ref, always has been and always will be... What the Premier League Refs association see in him beggars belief... He and his officials ruined the game today plain and simple,...
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 19:05]
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 17:53 - Dec 26 with 3200 viewsPhil_S

Bony was clearlty offside when the ball was played by our player. The fact that it then deflected off the Villa player is irrelevant
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 17:55 - Dec 26 with 3180 viewsLeonisGod

Haven't seen a replay, but thought ref could have done more to let the game flow. A difficult one with players sliding in all over the place.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 17:56 - Dec 26 with 3173 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 17:53 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

Bony was clearlty offside when the ball was played by our player. The fact that it then deflected off the Villa player is irrelevant

Ok if true but I was lead to believe once the ball is played by the defending player it then plays the offending player back onside, thus allowing play to continue...
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:00 - Dec 26 with 3130 viewsUplandsJack

I addi didn't think it just cannoned off of his back but that he looked like he tried to play it...
But if I'm wrong I'm wrong... Either way I suppose it doesn't matter as we won in the end of the day...
Just made me think back to West Brom a couple of years ago where although more clear a similar thing happened to us then!
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 3117 viewsLeonisGod

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 17:56 - Dec 26 by UplandsJack

Ok if true but I was lead to believe once the ball is played by the defending player it then plays the offending player back onside, thus allowing play to continue...

If it's played, yes. If it's a deflection then no.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 3109 viewsPhil_S

Not if he was already offside when it was played by our player

Had he been onside when it was played by ours but in an offside position when the ball was deflected then he would have been classed as onside. But this for me seemed to be one of the decisions the officials got right.

Forget that though we badly missed Montero when he went off
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:04 - Dec 26 with 3074 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:01 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

Not if he was already offside when it was played by our player

Had he been onside when it was played by ours but in an offside position when the ball was deflected then he would have been classed as onside. But this for me seemed to be one of the decisions the officials got right.

Forget that though we badly missed Montero when he went off

Yeah I agree totally on Montero, such a shame for us and him.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:08 - Dec 26 with 3031 viewsSkipTheJack

I was directly in line and it looked well offside to me. The fact that a Villa player may or may not have touched it is irrelevant.

It's a shame that he didn't leave the ball for whoever was alongside him (Routledge I think), because he was onside.
Login to get fewer ads

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:13 - Dec 26 with 2996 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:08 - Dec 26 by SkipTheJack

I was directly in line and it looked well offside to me. The fact that a Villa player may or may not have touched it is irrelevant.

It's a shame that he didn't leave the ball for whoever was alongside him (Routledge I think), because he was onside.

Thanks both of you for the correction. As I stated I was sat on east so was difficult to see exactly.. But I'm happy to be corrected if wrong. But I do still stand by the thought that R East s a poor ref.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:14 - Dec 26 with 2988 viewsShaky

Dyer was also offside, wasn't he?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:18 - Dec 26 with 2967 viewsmatt_the_jack

Well you're wrong. It seems like fans don't understand it and not the officials.

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:20 - Dec 26 with 2946 viewsStarsky

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:14 - Dec 26 by Shaky

Yes he was. Also I think Dyer Was the player who touched it on for Bony.

It's just the internet, init.

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 2937 viewsQuakerJack

Sian Massey understands it...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:22 - Dec 26 with 2924 viewslifelong

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:14 - Dec 26 by Shaky

Yes.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:23 - Dec 26 with 2907 viewsGowerjack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:21 - Dec 26 by QuakerJack

Sian Massey understands it...

Whateverbhappend to Sian?

She's not been here for years

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:26 - Dec 26 with 2879 viewsStarsky

So, the question for this thread should really be: does Uplandsjack understand the offside rule?

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:29 - Dec 26 with 2843 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:18 - Dec 26 by matt_the_jack

Well you're wrong. It seems like fans don't understand it and not the officials.

Seems so matt_the_jack.... Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 2798 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:26 - Dec 26 by Starsky

So, the question for this thread should really be: does Uplandsjack understand the offside rule?

Obviously not it seems.... But I did start by saying I was sitting quite a way away from incident and I did believe that once a defender touched the ball (not a deflection) that then played attacking player onside... But I'm happy to be corrected if indeed wrong!! Plain and simple
Thank you!
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 2794 viewsStarsky

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:29 - Dec 26 by UplandsJack

Seems so matt_the_jack.... Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I couldn't resist

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:36 - Dec 26 with 2779 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:34 - Dec 26 by Starsky

I couldn't resist

Fair enough....
Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 19:00 - Dec 26 with 2684 viewsStarsky

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 18:36 - Dec 26 by UplandsJack

Fair enough....

Slightly off topic here UJ...
Noting where you sit... Do you find recently repositioned floodlights on the West stand distracting?

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 19:08 - Dec 26 with 2629 viewsUplandsJack

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 19:00 - Dec 26 by Starsky

Slightly off topic here UJ...
Noting where you sit... Do you find recently repositioned floodlights on the West stand distracting?

Yes most definitely... I've taken to wearing a cap on evening and dreary days as if you look upwards you get blinded...
I'm sure LD stated he and the board were miffed about positioning of new floodlights during his recent meeting with The 2nd coming...
Or am I wrong twice in one evening...
Do the officials understand the offside rule? Or it is just me who doesn't on 19:22 - Dec 26 with 2574 viewsBloodyhills

As far as I could see Boney was offside so the right decision was made. I do wonder though how Dyer gets kicked all over and doesn't win as many free kicks as he should.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 19:29 - Dec 26 with 2537 viewsStarsky

Do the officials understand the offside rule? on 19:08 - Dec 26 by UplandsJack

Yes most definitely... I've taken to wearing a cap on evening and dreary days as if you look upwards you get blinded...
I'm sure LD stated he and the board were miffed about positioning of new floodlights during his recent meeting with The 2nd coming...
Or am I wrong twice in one evening...

Ouch?
I was only jesting on the original post mun. ;-)
Yes. LD did mention this.
Must be a Stadco decision.

Do the officials understand the offside rule? Or it is just me who doesn't on 19:42 - Dec 26 with 2492 viewsUplandsJack

Well I suppose we're stuck with it till at least the end of this season sadly...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024