Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timid, gutless and embarrassing 09:31 - Dec 30 with 6657 views_

That was bad.

We've been getting away with results a little recently but everything came crashing down at a dead Anfield last night.

There was no courage from us to get on the ball and Monk's tactic of game management without the ball is encouraging us more and more away from seeing it. Monk is all too keen on getting into shape and allowing them too much time to really get used to building up their passing game. We used to press teams, we used to have the Barcelona spirit of win the ball back within 7 seconds, we used to enjoy seeing loads of the ball and as a result getting comfortable with it to negotiate openings. We did all this with weaker Premier League squads than the one we have now.

Monk just hasn't endeared himself to me at all. I think that's what it is for me. His results and points on the board have stood up, even some performances along the way but in general and the long term I worry about strong aspects of his management. The going public with Shelves has turned out to be a massive disaster and I hope Jenkins has a quiet word with Garry and make that the last time you ever single out a player and put him in the spotlight as much as he did. It doesn't matter whether Shelvey was or is lazy before, after, whenever.... It's not acceptable. It does not solidify our squad. It shows weakness in management. It more than backfired.

Now all the eyes are on Monk and he's so "look at me"; "this is the way I used to do things"; "the players are taking my ideas on board" etc etc etc and then the constant controversial soundbites to the press are making him more talked about then our best players. Again, this is a bad sign in management.

I think our club manages our football to a large degree and that is thanks to the hard work gone in over the last 7 years. It's this reason that Monk has been able to make such a good start, this and Bony, Sigguurdson, Ki and Fab.

Our style of play and game management needs to wise up. G o public with that Garry.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 3201 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steady on Chris, the Trust head honcho will be along in a minute to remind you we're not in the conference or something. It was bad last night, when we got tonked by 5 we were playing our second side and they were having their best top flight season for aeons. That's the real bottom line for me and some choose not to see it.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 9:42]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 3150 views_

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:41 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Steady on Chris, the Trust head honcho will be along in a minute to remind you we're not in the conference or something. It was bad last night, when we got tonked by 5 we were playing our second side and they were having their best top flight season for aeons. That's the real bottom line for me and some choose not to see it.

That could have been 6 or 7 last night.

I felt absolutely helpless and dejected watching that and we let a lacking in confidence Liverpool completely maul us.

I'm sorry for the Garry apologists but if they're happy for him to go public with criticism then they should be balanced enough to say he got that all wrong.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:53 - Dec 30 with 3108 viewsdickythorpe

We can not excuse the last 3, yes THREE performances on SKY this month.
Yes we are in the top half of the Prem but for how long can we use that as a crumb of comfort?

No one has been more amazed at our progress over the last 5-6 years and even the 4 years before than me.

However it is "old copy" now and we have to move on as fans and expect more.

Teams like Stoke are hated. Why? Becasuse they dont give teams respect, have a hard nose and dont want to be media darlings.

Fabianski gets ridiculous praise on here for DOING HIS JOB!!! Look at his sending off against West Ham - CLUMSY!! Last night CLUMSY!!!!
No wonder Arsenal wanted rid!!!
Can we get Vorm back?

We let Liverpool run riot early on and never recovered. Their fans were subdued and outsung by us before kick off.

Monk should never have gone public about Shelvey, if it was a ploy it was ill thought out.

Sorry if I annoy but that was unacceptable last night and we as fans need to look harder at our players.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 3100 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:48 - Dec 30 by _

I felt absolutely helpless and dejected watching that and we let a lacking in confidence Liverpool completely maul us.

I'm sorry for the Garry apologists but if they're happy for him to go public with criticism then they should be balanced enough to say he got that all wrong.

When the third went in I expected at least 5 from them. The bright spot for me was Gomis , he tried his hardest and gave us more than a Bony has for the past few games . I think his head is already in Africa mate

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:01 - Dec 30 with 3061 views_

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:55 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

When the third went in I expected at least 5 from them. The bright spot for me was Gomis , he tried his hardest and gave us more than a Bony has for the past few games . I think his head is already in Africa mate

Dead right. I hate to see Gomis looking straight at the bench every time he misses an opportunity. ..have you seen him do that? He's finding not playing very hard indeed and regardless of whether Bony would be going away now he should be playing the next game instead.

He did the Bony roll well last night as well as getting himself in good goalscoring positions. He was big and strong and got his studs on the ball protecting it well for players to support him. He more than deserved a goal.

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:04 - Dec 30 with 3046 viewsAl_Bundy

The team is being carried by half a dozen players and have been all season. We are in a good league position because of them and now 1 is injured and 2 or going away for a month.

The fullbacks were an issue at the start of the season but nothing was done to strengthen this area.

The form of Dyer and Routledge has been poor all season.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:06 - Dec 30 with 3028 viewsgetcarter

Get behind the team boys, stop embarrassing yourselves.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:06 - Dec 30 with 3019 viewsItchySphincter

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:48 - Dec 30 by _

I've been saying it for weeks. He got it wrong against West Ham in failing to set up a team, physically and mentally to deal with their threat and has made some highly dubious calls since. I know people will point to recent results and I take that on board but he has to earn the right to be treated as Moutinho II. My current thoughts are that it is naivety/inexperience and that he has to make these mistakes in order to progress, which I'm sure he/we will. A shame in some ways as some are going to find it hard to stomach him cutting his teeth with us and it's going to be a bumpy ride but he will get there. Agree the singling out of individual players is a horrendous thing to do and needs to stop immediately.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 2999 viewsParlay

we were awful last night and Garry got it wrong. starting Jazz and Jonjo was a mistake. the passing game seems to have gone and like you say, our pressing has also gone, a tactic almost as effective as the passing itself and used to give us so many more attacking opportunities - the ones that seem missing at the moment.

We need to start getting in the oppositions faces again, stop giving them time. I remember Dyer et al used to be told to be annoying without possession, always fighting to win it back. it seems like we have taken on the tactics of a top 4 side, without the top 4 squad.

Garry needs to have a think before the QPR game and maybe stop trying to put his own stamp on things but instead continue gentle progression. I see no reason not to persist with the pressing game that has served us so well.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 2931 viewsPhil_S

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:41 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course if you can point me in the direction of where I said anything of the sort then please go ahead and do so.

You will be looking as long as TDH was for his fairytale as well

In summary, quite a pathetic post from someone who I thought was above that. How wrong you can be
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:19 - Dec 30 with 2920 viewsRancid

Agree on Bony.He's been under par for a few games now but saying that the whole team has regardless of our 2 wins before last night but even they were very scrappy and ugly wins.I said last night on here I think we'll miss Ki more than we will Wilf.Never thought I'd say that but we missed Ki's composure last night especially with the way Liverpool pressed us so urgently.They done to us what we used to do to teams and not give them a second to ponder on the ball.The team looks tired and not fit enough to close teams down, win the ball back and then hold onto it which has been our forte.Another performance like last night and the Hull and Villa games (Yes I know we won both but were poor in both also) and there's real signs of things not being right on the pitch.

The whole idea of employing Monk was so that we returned to our old ways, something we'd completely shifted from under Laudrup.Ironically we look less like we used to under Monk than anyone.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:27 - Dec 30 with 2874 viewsPegojack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 09:53 - Dec 30 by dickythorpe

We can not excuse the last 3, yes THREE performances on SKY this month.
Yes we are in the top half of the Prem but for how long can we use that as a crumb of comfort?

No one has been more amazed at our progress over the last 5-6 years and even the 4 years before than me.

However it is "old copy" now and we have to move on as fans and expect more.

Teams like Stoke are hated. Why? Becasuse they dont give teams respect, have a hard nose and dont want to be media darlings.

Fabianski gets ridiculous praise on here for DOING HIS JOB!!! Look at his sending off against West Ham - CLUMSY!! Last night CLUMSY!!!!
No wonder Arsenal wanted rid!!!
Can we get Vorm back?

We let Liverpool run riot early on and never recovered. Their fans were subdued and outsung by us before kick off.

Monk should never have gone public about Shelvey, if it was a ploy it was ill thought out.

Sorry if I annoy but that was unacceptable last night and we as fans need to look harder at our players.

I agree with some of what you say, but can't agree about Fabianski. He's been outstanding this season and a major step up from Vorm.

The two incidents you refer to were errors of judgement, not clumsiness. Against West ham, he should have stayed in his six yard area protecting his goal and let his defenders deal with the immediate threat, not rushed out to the wing to beat the forward to the ball.

Last night for the second goal, he didn't play the percentage game. He should have put his laces through the ball and sent it straight back upfield from whence it came. Instead, he tried to retain posession by chipping it square across the pitch to a Swans defender but was a fraction too late with his kick.

Two errors of judgement in half a season. I can live with that.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 2804 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:17 - Dec 30 by Phil_S

Of course if you can point me in the direction of where I said anything of the sort then please go ahead and do so.

You will be looking as long as TDH was for his fairytale as well

In summary, quite a pathetic post from someone who I thought was above that. How wrong you can be

You didn't say it. You just agreed with Nigel nitts post that implied that we should all be ecstatic because we weren't struggling down the foot of the table or worse. So it's not an untrue reflection of what you are thinking is it ? I know it's your job in a way to stick up for the team and manager but sometimes objectivity suffers when it was plain to see for all last night that we offered nothing.

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:46 - Dec 30 with 2752 viewsPhil_S

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:37 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

You didn't say it. You just agreed with Nigel nitts post that implied that we should all be ecstatic because we weren't struggling down the foot of the table or worse. So it's not an untrue reflection of what you are thinking is it ? I know it's your job in a way to stick up for the team and manager but sometimes objectivity suffers when it was plain to see for all last night that we offered nothing.

It's quite clear for anyone to see we have 28 points from 19 games. We have deserved pretty much each and every one of them and could easily have had a few more. To read posts last night implied we were lucky to be where we are and we are doomed for relegation.

That's not sticking up for anybody that is purely laughing in the face of those suggestions
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 2700 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:46 - Dec 30 by Phil_S

It's quite clear for anyone to see we have 28 points from 19 games. We have deserved pretty much each and every one of them and could easily have had a few more. To read posts last night implied we were lucky to be where we are and we are doomed for relegation.

That's not sticking up for anybody that is purely laughing in the face of those suggestions

Laugh all you want, our last two results have papered over some cracks that if we're not careful could turn into ravines. Manager slagging individuals in public is also not going to help, neither him saying we controlled a game at points that we had no control over at all!

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 2688 viewspencoedjack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:46 - Dec 30 by Phil_S

Some fans(?) do not deserve Swansea City of 2014

Moan fuking moan after a loss.
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:06 - Dec 30 with 2646 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:55 - Dec 30 by pencoedjack

Some fans(?) do not deserve Swansea City of 2014

Moan fuking moan after a loss.

Yes we do, because we've been with Swansea City from the 1976 version to this present model. This isn't just about losing ONE GAME . It's about losing our footballing ethos (ever heard that one before)?

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:08 - Dec 30 with 2635 viewsyogibear_412

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:06 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes we do, because we've been with Swansea City from the 1976 version to this present model. This isn't just about losing ONE GAME . It's about losing our footballing ethos (ever heard that one before)?

I remember my first drink....
Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:08 - Dec 30 with 2632 viewsAndy1300

What annoys me is the amount of times the opposition get between our defenders right infront of goal for a tap in.

Also the amount of times we play ourselves into trouble.

Basic stuff that could and should be corrected without too much trouble.

We were below par last night and they were lucky.

Having said that, they pressed us far more than we pressed them, had we done the same then it may well have been a different outcome but hey oh, it is what it is, on to QPR and back to winning ways hopefully.

Number 1 team in Wales

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:13 - Dec 30 with 2598 viewsOldjack

Is anyone gonna give Diverpool any credit at all ? they did too us what we used to do to others

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:24 - Dec 30 with 2542 viewsexiledclaseboy

Thread title certainly accurately describes a chunk of out fanbase that's for sure.

And yes we were sh*t last night and deservedly got thumped. Oh the horror.

Poll: Tory leader

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:25 - Dec 30 with 2537 viewsUxbridge

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 10:53 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Laugh all you want, our last two results have papered over some cracks that if we're not careful could turn into ravines. Manager slagging individuals in public is also not going to help, neither him saying we controlled a game at points that we had no control over at all!

You mean there is considerable scope for improvement? Well, no shit.

We're a solid mid table outfit. Play well for a bit, then badly. Win some, lose some. I think some may be losing sight of that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:29 - Dec 30 with 2511 viewsDarran

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:24 - Dec 30 by exiledclaseboy

Thread title certainly accurately describes a chunk of out fanbase that's for sure.

And yes we were sh*t last night and deservedly got thumped. Oh the horror.

I hope that's not aimed at Brynnie he's been watching us since 1976 dontcha know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:31 - Dec 30 with 2492 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:29 - Dec 30 by Darran

I hope that's not aimed at Brynnie he's been watching us since 1976 dontcha know.

When you were down the Gnoll

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:32 - Dec 30 with 2483 views_

Timid, gutless and embarrassing on 11:29 - Dec 30 by Darran

Why don't you fack off out of football threads if you're not going to talk about football?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024