Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the event Bony leaves 20:05 - Jan 1 with 3228 viewsadamswan

Like everyone else on here, if it happened I would be devastated to see Bony leave. However, I just can't see us turning down a figure around the 30 million mark and so; If It happens, do we bring in a new main man? Or do we gamble on Gomis and bring in a younger striker with potential to play second fiddle?
In the event Bony leaves on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 3143 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Players come and go. It would be unfortunate, but £30M is a LOT of money

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

In the event Bony leaves on 21:05 - Jan 1 with 3080 viewsjack247

It will happen at some point, maybe now isn't the worst time for it. 8 or 9 points away from safety, Man City and Chelsea both apparently interested, neck and neck for the league and he isn't cup tied in Europe. I can't see his value increasing much and as we have seen with Michu, it can drop rapidly.

I doubt anyone in their right mind wants him to go, but money talks and if City or Chelsea want him enough, they will get him.

I would think we would give Gomis the rest of the season as our main striker if this were to happen.
In the event Bony leaves on 21:11 - Jan 1 with 3036 viewsAnotherJohn

I think if we do lose Bony we'll be chewing on a few nails before the season ends. But I'd be surprised of the two teams supposedly in the frame have 30m available in this window.
In the event Bony leaves on 22:15 - Jan 1 with 2917 viewsAngelRangelQS

It's a lot of money but then again he is an absolutely crucial player for us.

I suppose we can see what Gomis is made of this month. I think he may be able to step up to the mark and perhaps we could look to add someone like Rhodes or Deeney in the summer.

My view is that we need to share the goals out a bit more if possible rather than try and sign a direct replacement
In the event Bony leaves on 23:24 - Jan 1 with 2828 viewssomersetsimon

In the event Bony leaves on 20:44 - Jan 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Players come and go. It would be unfortunate, but £30M is a LOT of money

It is a lot of money, but I'd rather have a good striker (Bony or a replacement) at the end of January, than £30m sitting in our bank account.
In the event Bony leaves on 23:39 - Jan 1 with 2793 viewslonglostjack

And just 16 months ago ......

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-make-big-money-signings-say

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

In the event Bony leaves on 00:55 - Jan 2 with 2609 viewsAngelRangelQS

In the event Bony leaves on 23:24 - Jan 1 by somersetsimon

It is a lot of money, but I'd rather have a good striker (Bony or a replacement) at the end of January, than £30m sitting in our bank account.

Or would you prefer to own the stadium (for instance), expanded, even if it did mean we may struggle a bit. Would be a hell of a long term investment
In the event Bony leaves on 01:18 - Jan 2 with 2568 viewsJonTheJack

It's got to be more than £30m for me. He is critical to our survival and potential. Take him out of the side and there is instant doubt forced upon us and we have to build again.
Login to get fewer ads

In the event Bony leaves on 09:15 - Jan 2 with 2374 viewsDr_Winston

In the event Bony leaves on 00:55 - Jan 2 by AngelRangelQS

Or would you prefer to own the stadium (for instance), expanded, even if it did mean we may struggle a bit. Would be a hell of a long term investment

There's merit in using part of any Bony cash to help fund the expansion (as long as the rest is reinvested back into the team) but I'm not seeing owning the place outright as a particular priority at present.

Losing Wilf probably wouldn't cost us our place in the PL, but it would make it that much more difficult to hang onto it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

In the event Bony leaves on 09:50 - Jan 2 with 2270 viewsjack247

In the event Bony leaves on 01:18 - Jan 2 by JonTheJack

It's got to be more than £30m for me. He is critical to our survival and potential. Take him out of the side and there is instant doubt forced upon us and we have to build again.

Agree with this, I would like Wilf here for another 10 years, but don't see it as realistic. Michu would have been viewed as indispensable 18 months ago. Trundle a good few years before and there have been others.

The reality is, we have a CL quality player on our hands and at some point a CL club is going to snap him unless he has a sharp downturn in form. I don't know what the right price is and would agree its probably north of £30m, but when the right price is offered he will go.

I would guess it will probably be at the end of the season, but given our points tally, may make sense in this window if we get a crazy offer. His relative value is higher now than it will be in the summer as most potential targets for Chelsea, City etc will be CL cup tied. Would also give Gomis a serious run of games. If he stays and Gomis doesn't get much game time, I can see both of them going in the summer and then we have an even bigger rebuilding process without the security our points currently give us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024