Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
goal keeper coaching? 11:40 - Jan 5 with 1755 viewsjimmyquipment

with Fabianski against Liverpool, and Tremmel against Tranmere both carrying out the same balls up, isn't it a coaching issue that needs to be addressed. surely after the Liverpool incident our coaching staff would have spoken to our keepers regarding this. Wouldn't they?
goal keeper coaching? on 11:44 - Jan 5 with 1736 viewsairedale

Both instances seemed to be caused by taking too much time, so you could well be right.
goal keeper coaching? on 11:47 - Jan 5 with 1722 viewsOldjack

school boy errors, and I've no doubt they were told about that at a very young age A slap across the swede will be suffice

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

goal keeper coaching? on 11:54 - Jan 5 with 1702 viewsClinton

Fabianski has had a few close calls in other matches over the past few weeks. This was bound to happen sooner or later. Let's hope the liverpool goal acts as the slap to wake him up and that it does not happen again.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

goal keeper coaching? on 11:58 - Jan 5 with 1684 viewsJackfath

I think the coach has said to the goalkeepers;

"when the ball is given back to you dont kick it at an opposition player who is charging you down"

I heard all the goalkeepers at the club were really pleased with this new groundbreaking goalkeeping advice and will try to develop it into their games in the future.

Good news all round and well done to all concerned.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 11:59]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

goal keeper coaching? on 11:59 - Jan 5 with 1679 viewsMatthew_117

I think the standard of goal keeping has improved over last season. Our keepers have always been encourage to play the ball from the back and should expect to see a lot of the ball from the defenders.

They both occurred because they took too much time. You could see that Fab was trying to chip it out to the right back spot but got closed down. Perhaps he should of booted it first time instead of looking for a pass. Tremmel's was worse, I think, as he seemed to completely stop paying attention to what was going on around him as he had so much time
goal keeper coaching? on 12:50 - Jan 5 with 1576 viewsPegojack

goal keeper coaching? on 11:59 - Jan 5 by Matthew_117

I think the standard of goal keeping has improved over last season. Our keepers have always been encourage to play the ball from the back and should expect to see a lot of the ball from the defenders.

They both occurred because they took too much time. You could see that Fab was trying to chip it out to the right back spot but got closed down. Perhaps he should of booted it first time instead of looking for a pass. Tremmel's was worse, I think, as he seemed to completely stop paying attention to what was going on around him as he had so much time

Spot on. Although superficially the same, Fab's mistake was due to him trying to be too clever and keep possession by chipping it to the Swans defender to his right. Gerhard's was due to him being a dozy twonk who'd dropped off to sleep..
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 12:52]
goal keeper coaching? on 12:56 - Jan 5 with 1558 viewswhiterock

Slap across the swede it is for both
goal keeper coaching? on 13:40 - Jan 5 with 1481 viewskarnataka

Saw Dorus De Vries almost do exactly the same thing at the weekend but he just got away with it so let's hope this delaying on the ball is not something they've all learned at the Liberty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024