Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pauline Cafferkey 11:58 - Jan 5 with 2661 viewsCatullus

There's been a lot said about this, mostly in the form of questions

1, How did she contract it?
2, Why was she allowed to fly when she wasn't feeling well?
3, Where were her professional ethics in flying when she knew she wasn't well?
4, Why aren't people in quarantine for 21 days before being allowed to leave the danger zone.
I went for a haircut this morning, and it was all they were talking about (great place for a gossip is the barbershop!) Mostly (as us uninformed people tend to do) it was indignation and anger about a situation we can't control.
But there was a question raised that has to make you think, if this nurse took all the precautions possible, and did so correctly, how did she contract Ebola?
Does this mean it is more infectious than we are led to believe? Has it mutated into a form more easily caught? And, why haven't all the people on her flight been tracked down more quickly and put in quarantine? But, are we being told the whole truth?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:06 - Jan 5 with 2634 viewsBloodyhills

She's not the first to be flown home when ill with Ebola.
It seems very strange to me that any people suffering with Ebola aren't isolated and treated where they are rather than flying them around the world giving Ebola a chance to spread.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:15 - Jan 5 with 2608 viewsBobJack

Press is also full of news of ISIS fighters being infected, not getting required treatment and killing the doctors because of this.

Worst carnage they could cause the West is that they send infected people around the world, not one man with a knife, gun or bomb.

Ebola and ISIS are both horrendous things when considered separately. Together its a potential nightmare.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:22 - Jan 5 with 2588 viewsjackonicko

If you get on the bus and see someone with blood coming from their eyeballs, don't sit next to them.

Follow this simple tip and you'll probably be okay.
Pauline Cafferkey on 12:27 - Jan 5 with 2574 viewsJackhero

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:22 - Jan 5 by jackonicko

If you get on the bus and see someone with blood coming from their eyeballs, don't sit next to them.

I don't do buses so I'm safe then.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:30 - Jan 5 with 2564 viewsjackonicko

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:27 - Jan 5 by Jackhero

I don't do buses so I'm safe then.

Sound thinking.

I've stayed away from buses ever since SARS and I've not caught it - so it definitely works.
Pauline Cafferkey on 13:02 - Jan 5 with 2529 viewsunion_jack

Some really good points.

I made the point a few weeks ago on a similar thread that these people are highly trained and wear protective clothing. Yet they still catch it. Is this because they ignore safety protocol. Or, as I expect, is it easier caught than they are admitting?

I think your point about quarantine is a very good one. We can't afford to be blasé about this as it's deadly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Pauline Cafferkey on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 2521 viewsFlashberryjack

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:22 - Jan 5 by jackonicko

That's probably the same advise given to Pauline Cafferky, didn't work for her though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pauline Cafferkey on 13:10 - Jan 5 with 2502 viewsjackonicko

Pauline Cafferkey on 13:04 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

That's probably the same advise given to Pauline Cafferky, didn't work for her though.

Probably not. She had to stick needles into those affected - not just sit next to them.
Login to get fewer ads

Pauline Cafferkey on 13:35 - Jan 5 with 2457 viewsdickythorpe

I scrub my doorstep every day and I'm fighting fit.
Pauline Cafferkey on 13:37 - Jan 5 with 2456 viewsFlashberryjack

Pauline Cafferkey on 13:10 - Jan 5 by jackonicko

Probably not. She had to stick needles into those affected - not just sit next to them.

So if your sitting next to an Ebola infected person on a bus,don't stick needles into him/her under any circumstances.

Hello

Pauline Cafferkey (n/t) (n/t) on 15:12 - Jan 5 with 2387 viewsNogginthenog

Pauline Cafferkey on 12:06 - Jan 5 by Bloodyhills

It seems very strange to me that any people suffering with Ebola aren't isolated and treated where they are rather than flying them around the world giving Ebola a chance to spread.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 15:13]
Pauline Cafferkey on 15:12 - Jan 5 with 2385 viewsNogginthenog

This
Pauline Cafferkey on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 2356 viewsBobJack

Symptoms can take up to 21 days to show after infection.

Pauline Cafferkey on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 2310 viewsLohengrin

Pauline Cafferkey on 15:38 - Jan 5 by BobJack

Maybe she ought to have been under observation for 21 days then before she was allowed to fly to Britain from an infected area?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pauline Cafferkey on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 2285 viewsBobJack

Pauline Cafferkey on 16:43 - Jan 5 by Lohengrin

Maybe she ought to have been under observation for 21 days then before she was allowed to fly to Britain from an infected area?

Agree that she could have been held for 21 days in quarantine, just in case.

Due to the numbers of people involved , aid workers etc, whether this will happen remains to be seen.

Would have to stop Africans moving within country as well.
I can see it potentially spreading as much as Aids did unless dramatic measures taken.

Pauline Cafferkey on 14:00 - Jan 6 with 2125 viewsCatullus

Pauline Cafferkey on 16:59 - Jan 5 by BobJack

Agree that she could have been held for 21 days in quarantine, just in case.

Due to the numbers of people involved , aid workers etc, whether this will happen remains to be seen.

Would have to stop Africans moving within country as well.
I can see it potentially spreading as much as Aids did unless dramatic measures taken.

I don't think it will spread like AIDS. But if people are flying all over the world, there is a good chance of it getting out and being a problem.
The more people who have it, the more chance of a mutation. Airborne Ebola doesn't bear thinking about.
Of course, the people telling us all will be fine, will themselves be fine. They won't get anywhere near someone who possibly has this nasty disease.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pauline Cafferkey on 14:56 - Jan 6 with 2080 viewsskippyjack

Ebola broke out in the 1970s.. how hasn't it been heard of for 40 years?.. it's been going on longer than AIDS.. the most malnourished people seem to be dying from it.. the most malnourished people have weaker immune systems.. plus the heat out in Africa doesn't help their causes.. I think air conditioning rooms would help them fight the disease.. the humidity in Africa is obscene.. I doubt it'll ever be an outbreak in the UK.. so keep your knickers on.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Pauline Cafferkey on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 2008 viewsFlashberryjack

Pauline Cafferkey on 14:56 - Jan 6 by skippyjack

Ebola broke out in the 1970s.. how hasn't it been heard of for 40 years?.. it's been going on longer than AIDS.. the most malnourished people seem to be dying from it.. the most malnourished people have weaker immune systems.. plus the heat out in Africa doesn't help their causes.. I think air conditioning rooms would help them fight the disease.. the humidity in Africa is obscene.. I doubt it'll ever be an outbreak in the UK.. so keep your knickers on.

Not washing their hands after taking a dump...... and general hygiene apparently.

Hello

Pauline Cafferkey on 18:51 - Jan 9 with 1909 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pauline Cafferkey on 15:38 - Jan 5 by BobJack

Yeah but hold the f*cking phone here, don't you think any conversation might have gone ;
"I'm feeling unwell"
"Where have you just arrived from miss?"
"West Africa".
"Did you go there on holiday?".
"No I was working?"
"What is your occupation"
"Ebola nurse".
Never mind the "it takes 21 days to show symptoms" she had just come from an area ravaged by Ebola and was an Ebola nurse. Surely a couple of nights under observation in the London hospital for tropical diseases as a precaution would have been better than sending her on a flight to f*cking Glasgow???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pauline Cafferkey on 19:01 - Jan 9 with 1890 viewsItchySphincter

Pauline Cafferkey on 17:56 - Jan 6 by Flashberryjack

Not washing their hands after taking a dump...... and general hygiene apparently.

Most of the water has got dump in it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024