Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters 11:01 - Jan 10 with 31439 views_

I've not been around for a little while enjoying Christmas and the new year but been checking in from time to time.

I understand you have banned two Planet Swans legends and why?

I've noticed your over reactions time and time again of late and I think you forget you are the Trust Chairman when you react so. You have repeatedly banned Spratty also and it's all too pathetic.

Don't cross swords with these guys if you can't take it Phil. I've read your comebacks to them and me and sitting in front of the buttons doesn't give you carte blanche to decide who stays or not.

This site would be nothing without its characters and for every person thatgets on your tits there's others that enjoy what they have to say.

You clearly can't take any heat and that worries me in your position especially with big decisions about to be made.

There are posters you let run havoc on here that are universally hated, even by your close friends and associates and there are many a good poster that has left because of them. We've all got the option to ban by simply pressing ignore as you keep instructing posters to do....that is until you lock horns with them, they make you look silly and you ban them.

Grow up, grow a set and don't post if you can't take a little flak. If you allow the likes of Darran, Jackfath and Dick free roam on here you should be man enough to allow Shaky and Parlay.

I look out for these guys posts along with selected others and they make the place worth visiting.

It's petty and childish and you should be above that in your important position, don't forget that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:06 - Jan 10 with 5494 viewsicecoldjack

Shaky and Parley are banned ? that's a dam shame , i thought both were great posters on here, different view points are important to any forum.
Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:06 - Jan 10 with 5494 viewsPhil_S

No intention of rising to you Chris

I will be up for reelection to the Trust board this summer, I've long since questioned whether it is worth it so please feel free to vote me out when you stand against me, if it strengthens the Trust then I will be more than happy

Enjoy the game
Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:07 - Jan 10 with 5468 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good post. If you're allowing some to get away with trolling and other crap it seems unfair to ban people who stick to a certain argument. The only way to stop that is not to reply, even perhaps when you are convinced they're wrong. If they don't accept your arguments after a couple of replies just bow out and save your sanity.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:09 - Jan 10 with 5481 viewsonetimejack

By Dick I'm assuming you mean Dickythorpe aka pansy pants?

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:12 - Jan 10 with 5473 viewstrampie

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:06 - Jan 10 by icecoldjack

Shaky and Parley are banned ? that's a dam shame , i thought both were great posters on here, different view points are important to any forum.

Indeed

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:12 - Jan 10 with 5470 viewstrampie

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:07 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Good post. If you're allowing some to get away with trolling and other crap it seems unfair to ban people who stick to a certain argument. The only way to stop that is not to reply, even perhaps when you are convinced they're wrong. If they don't accept your arguments after a couple of replies just bow out and save your sanity.

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:20 - Jan 10 with 5450 viewsDr_Winston

Neither of them are any loss.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:28 - Jan 10 with 5429 viewsicecoldjack

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:20 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

I disagree.

The more people having a viewpoint the better the debate, those posters who were banned tend to fight their own corner and stick up for themselves, there is far too much railroading of opinion on here as it is, which is why the likes of T2C,Parley and Starsky should be valued not banned.

Just my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:36 - Jan 10 with 5410 viewsDr_Winston

There's having a viewpoint and there's trolling for the sake of it. There's a difference.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:40 - Jan 10 with 5389 viewsDarran

I suspect Phil will be standing down as Trust Chairman in the near future.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:41 - Jan 10 with 5386 views_

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:20 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

I disagree also but that's the thing about this site.

It takes all sorts doesn't it... Give me one minute with the ban button and some idiots wouldn't see the light of day again but that wouldn't be fair either.

Phil should be above this. He has a responsibility both to this site and to his position within the Trust to keep away from petty, childish stuff like this. There's enough on here, myself included who can pick up that baton easy enough.

Come on Phil, do the right thing and let us enjoy or dislike everyone's contributions.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 11:48 - Jan 10 with 5367 viewsperchrockjack

The danger signs have been on this site for many months.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:12 - Jan 10 with 5318 viewsblueytheblue

Isn't that a case of attacking the messenger rather than the message?

Which is something you seem to be complaining about?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:12 - Jan 10 with 5315 viewsJackfath

I shall take the bait.

I am unsure as to why I have been metioned (yet again) in relation to bringing this board down.

For those who are unclear, there are indeed two boards on here, one for footballing related issues, one for anything else. Now I rarely post on the footballing one as I feel it's better to leave that to the "experts" on here. However I do enjoy posting on the non football area of the site.

I am unsure as to why the OP suggets that I am ruining this board (nothing new here - it's been happening monotonously for years).

The answer is simple, ignore, or choose another fansite, there are others out there.

I await another wave of abuse and vitriol. Perhaps some more PMs threatening informing my place of work or my employers. Yes, indeed that's what I am exposed to on here by grown men.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:12 - Jan 10 with 5315 viewsApeShit

I'm not a fan of either poster, but if they start getting on my nerves I just ignore them.

No need for a ban in my eyes.
Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:44 - Jan 10 with 5244 viewsLord_Bony

Oh yes they damn well are.

Both those guys made good contributions to this site and were intelligent, intellectual posters.

To ban them will be to the loss of this site.

I for one are very angry over this childishness...it s a football forum ffs not Mumsnet...people don't have to argue or agree with other people its simple...the more differing views on here the better otherwise it will end up just being a reflection of the site owners...

bad move.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:45 - Jan 10 with 5239 viewsDarran

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:44 - Jan 10 by Lord_Bony

Both those guys made good contributions to this site and were intelligent, intellectual posters.

I for one are very angry over this childishness...it s a football forum ffs not Mumsnet...people don't have to argue or agree with other people its simple...the more differing views on here the better otherwise it will end up just being a reflection of the site owners...

bad move.

It won't be loss wait and see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 13:01 - Jan 10 with 5207 viewsjack247

Parlay in particular was a bit of an enigma. He was unable to let a point drop and got a bit pedantic about it at times, but in my view was one of the most thought provoking posters on here. His original points were always worth a look. His inability to accept people disagreeing was his only downfall.

I don't know what went on with pms or whatever, but can't see what either of them did to deserve being banned.
Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 13:17 - Jan 10 with 5178 views_

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:45 - Jan 10 by Darran

It won't be loss wait and see.

There are hundreds who would say exactly the same if you were banned. You're a total waster in fairness

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 14:42 - Jan 10 with 5075 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 12:44 - Jan 10 by Lord_Bony

bad move.

They'll be back.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 14:51 - Jan 10 with 5056 viewsmbl1966

Bring back Parley!

Top Mark

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 14:52 - Jan 10 with 5054 viewsllareggub

i back phil all the way on this if he thought he had to ban them then im absolutely sure he had good reason for it .........just stop an think about it phil doesnt want to ban posters it takes away from the board , that he has had to temporarily ban some people is regrettable but im sure it wasnt done lightly.
Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 17:22 - Jan 10 with 4971 viewsSkewenJack

I was contributor to the thread in question. Neither of them trolled, to suggest so is fanciful. In fact it was Phil who seems to initiate off topic goading, Shaky bit back but no worse than Phil initially gave out and it seems Parlay didn't rise to it what so ever.

People must be very careful when suggesting that somebody does accept anybodies opinion. That works both ways, Lisa for example is the same, yet she isn't brandished a troll and banned.

You would be better served to say you didn't like them personally than make out they were trolling because they so obviously were not. They are good posters with an opinion, I think the term 'grow up' may be apt here.
Phil Slumber, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 17:28 - Jan 10 with 4967 viewsJoe_bradshaw

bad move.

My daughter informs me that mumsnet can be carnage at times.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 17:31 - Jan 10 with 4967 viewsmbl1966

Phil Sumbler, Planet Swans, Bans, disliking posters on 17:22 - Jan 10 by SkewenJack

I was contributor to the thread in question. Neither of them trolled, to suggest so is fanciful. In fact it was Phil who seems to initiate off topic goading, Shaky bit back but no worse than Phil initially gave out and it seems Parlay didn't rise to it what so ever.

People must be very careful when suggesting that somebody does accept anybodies opinion. That works both ways, Lisa for example is the same, yet she isn't brandished a troll and banned.

You would be better served to say you didn't like them personally than make out they were trolling because they so obviously were not. They are good posters with an opinion, I think the term 'grow up' may be apt here.

If Lisa got banned The Lord Bony would go on hunger strike. She doesn't like being 'patronised' unless it's from the well lubricated tongue of the one true Lord!

Top Mark

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024