Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The King is Dead, Long Live The King 16:53 - Jan 10 with 3265 views_

Bafi Gomis

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 16:54 - Jan 10 with 2274 viewswaynekerr55

Looks decent fair play

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 16:55 - Jan 10 with 2266 viewsGlyn1

Apparently credited as an "own goal" !

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 16:59 - Jan 10 with 2225 viewsmorningstar

Gutted for the guy. (Noble OG). If Gomis hadn't got his head on that and put where he did, it wouldn't have ended up in the back of the net! Gotta give it to him!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:04 - Jan 10 with 2179 viewsicecoldjack

Bafa did well and got better as the game went on, a few 90 min games from him will make him alot sharper, he gets int o great positions and when he stops blasting the ball 20ft over the bar he will be a real asset.
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 2155 viewsApeShit

He'll be smashing them in by the end of January!
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:16 - Jan 10 with 2086 viewsstAteSwan

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:06 - Jan 10 by ApeShit

He'll be smashing them in by the end of January!

I agree, a little more match time, and he'll start finishing even more than he is now. The thing I noticed today is that his hold up play was a lot better. I'm used too it out of Bony, but it was nice to see Bafi controlling play at critical times in our own half.

Also nice for him to get a goal after all that happened in Paris this week. Own Goal, Whatever, that thing only goes in because Bafi's brilliant header put it in the position to cross the line.
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:52 - Jan 10 with 1946 viewskopperburgjack

Are you serious? I thought he was awful apart from the goal

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:54 - Jan 10 with 1928 viewskarnataka

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:52 - Jan 10 by kopperburgjack

I think you're in a minority.
Login to get fewer ads

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:58 - Jan 10 with 1895 viewsClinton

He took time to settle but just got better as the game progressed. Encouraging to see things start to gel towards the end.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:59 - Jan 10 with 1883 viewslondonlisa2001

I thought he was excellent apart from missing the chance when Emnes and his played a lovely one two.

His play is not the same as Bony - less strength, but actually touches of genuine skill. He has quick feet and can beat a man. Also held the ball up really well on a number of occasions in the second half particularly. He combines well with Emnes but doesn't as yet have the same understanding with Siggy as Bony had. Hopefully that will come. I like him a lot.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:00]
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:08 - Jan 10 with 1817 viewscurleigh

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 17:59 - Jan 10 by londonlisa2001

I thought he was excellent apart from missing the chance when Emnes and his played a lovely one two.

His play is not the same as Bony - less strength, but actually touches of genuine skill. He has quick feet and can beat a man. Also held the ball up really well on a number of occasions in the second half particularly. He combines well with Emnes but doesn't as yet have the same understanding with Siggy as Bony had. Hopefully that will come. I like him a lot.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:00]

Agree with this, didn't get hardly service first half but chased a lot and got himself involved second half.i thought we were a lot better second half, and Olivera was class
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:09 - Jan 10 with 1809 viewsNeath_Jack

Very good game from him, obviously an intelligent player, not afraid to track all the way back neither. Plenty of goals in him.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 1733 views_

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:09 - Jan 10 by Neath_Jack

Very good game from him, obviously an intelligent player, not afraid to track all the way back neither. Plenty of goals in him.

He was outstanding from start to finish especially in such a pressure game as today where he literally had to pick up the pieces from the inevitable Bony departure.

That was as good as a leading the line performance you'll get. He's actually got a lot more to his game than Bony, just needs a run of games to see if he can get his finishing up with the great man.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:24]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:26 - Jan 10 with 1704 viewsDr_Winston

He's obviously a very good player and with a little more game time and sharpness he'll look and even better one. MOTM for me today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:26 - Jan 10 with 1704 viewsNeath_Jack

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:23 - Jan 10 by _

He was outstanding from start to finish especially in such a pressure game as today where he literally had to pick up the pieces from the inevitable Bony departure.

That was as good as a leading the line performance you'll get. He's actually got a lot more to his game than Bony, just needs a run of games to see if he can get his finishing up with the great man.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:24]

Totally agree, the way he gets about the pitch is superb, not bad at defending corners either. I think he's going to change quite a few peoples minds who wrote him off nice an early.

As a side note, i thought Collins was outstanding for them today, and funnily enough we scored when he was off the pitch.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 1681 viewsMagic_Michu

Very good game and i've been massively critical of him based on what I had seen from him in the PL before.

What surprised me was his hold up play in the 2nd half.

He looked to gain confidence as the game went on... he's no Bony but I think we have ourselves a a very good striker nonetheless.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:30 - Jan 10 with 1668 viewsJackfath

Do do do Bafetimibi Gomis

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 1661 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The way that he found space and got up for the Goal was top class.
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 1657 viewsairedale

Didn't like it when Bafe was clapping the stands at the end of the game. Hope he's not offski.

#paranoid-r-us
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:35 - Jan 10 with 1629 viewslondonlisa2001

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:31 - Jan 10 by airedale

Didn't like it when Bafe was clapping the stands at the end of the game. Hope he's not offski.

#paranoid-r-us

I thought he was genuinely appreciative of the support he had. He obviously realises that fans will be disappointed to see Bony leave, but everyone got massively behind him and I thought he was thanking everyone.

May be wrong of course, but that's the way it came across to me.
The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 1608 viewsBobJack

Gomis will hopefully just keep getting better and better.

He looked alot better 2nd half, especially when wingers were changed.

Swans recruitment department look to have done another good job with him.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:53 - Jan 10 with 1547 viewslegoman

Bafe was very good today imo. Hope this forum gets behind him to help build his confidence. Lets try a little positivity!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:56 - Jan 10 with 1522 viewsonetimejack

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:41 - Jan 10 by BobJack

Gomis will hopefully just keep getting better and better.

He looked alot better 2nd half, especially when wingers were changed.

Swans recruitment department look to have done another good job with him.

Holds the ball up well, got some lovely little turns in locker, will only get better and better in my opinion.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:57 - Jan 10 with 1516 viewsperchrockjack

Watched him closely last week and I reckon hecs hungry and well up for it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 19:03 - Jan 10 with 1487 viewsBobJack

The King is Dead, Long Live The King on 18:57 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

Watched him closely last week and I reckon hecs hungry and well up for it

I think the Tranmere game gave him a well timed confidence boost, in time for a tough month for Gomis.

Big shoes to fill, but a great start.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024