Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturdays accident. 16:37 - Jan 12 with 5171 viewsphilljack

Hi guys

I need help tracing the people who helped my parents Saturday. I would like to thank them personally for comforting them immediately after the incident happened.

My mother seems to think the man who was there for her was called Wayne although she has admitted that could be wrong in all the confusion. She does remember he had shoulder length hair with a grey scfc jacket.

There was also a woman (i think) who gathered my mother's belongings, etc.

There was a guy who was with my dad but my dad has no recollection of his name.

To my knowledge these people were ordinary members of the public not emergency services.

Any help would be most appreciated,

thanks
Saturdays accident. on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 4137 viewspencoedjack

Without intruding what happened mate ?
Saturdays accident. on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 4052 viewsphilljack

I don't know to be honest, I was already in the stadium waiting for them and my name was called out on the tannoy. I know the police are conducting an investigation and we'll probably here more soon.
Saturdays accident. on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 3941 viewsDarran

Was there a pavement where it happened Phil?
Hope they're ok.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Saturdays accident. on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 3895 viewsairedale

The Post are carrying a story about it in today's newspaper:

Swans fans taken to hospital after being struck by bus outside The Liberty Stadium

TWO fans were taken to hospital after being struck by a shuttle bus outside the Liberty Stadium, ahead of the Swans match against West Ham on Saturday.
The incident took place on the slip road car park side of the stadium, near to the barrier at the main entrance as the shuttle bus manoeuvred itself in readiness for its return journey.
It collided with three people, who were seen to by St John’s Ambulance paramedics, two of whom were taken to hospital, although their injuries were not thought to be serious.
St John’s Ambulance commissioner for West Glamorgan Gerallt Davies [corr]said: “Three people were treated by our paramedics as a result of the collision. They were taken to the medical centre where they were assessed by a medical team including a doctor, nurse and paramedics.
“Following the inspection, two were taken by St John’s Ambulance to Morriston Hospital for further assessment.”
The incident happened by an emergency ramp, shortly before the three o’clock kick-off between the teams.
Emergency services were called at 2.43pm, including the Air Ambulance, which was stood down before it arrived.
A 21-year-old from Ammanford was treated for minor hand injuries following the collision, and remained at the ground to watch the match, which ended in a one-all draw.
The two casualties who were taken to hospital were described as a 63-year-old woman, and a 64-year-old man.
South Wales Police said they are investigating the incident, and a Liberty Stadium spokesman said they were awaiting the results of their investigation.
A spokesman for First Cymru, whose vehicle was involved in the incident, said: “We can confirm that one of our vehicles, operating a shuttle service for fans attending the match at the Liberty stadium, was involved in an incident on Saturday afternoon.
“While being turned in the stadium grounds in preparation for the return journey, the vehicle was in collision with a group of pedestrians. Three people sustained injuries and some [some my word - st John’s say two taken to hospital, First say three] were taken to hospital by paramedics.
“We are working with the relevant authorities to establish exactly what happened. We have also launched our own internal investigation into what happened.
“Our thoughts are currently with those who were injured; we would like to wish them a full and speedy recovery.”
A spokesman for the Swans added: “We do not know the full details at the moment, but will liase with the stadium management company and relevant people. Everyone from the club wishes them all a speedy recover, and we will get in touch with them individually in due course to see if we can do anything to help.”
Saturdays accident. on 17:28 - Jan 12 with 3861 viewsPacemaker

It was posted initially on not football by Lifey there might be a clue there to those who helped.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/135628/nasty-looking-inc

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Saturdays accident. on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 3829 viewsphilljack

Saturdays accident. on 17:12 - Jan 12 by Darran

Was there a pavement where it happened Phil?
Hope they're ok.

When I got there my dad had already been moved into the stadium triage centre, but my mother was on the ground at the bottom of the ramp close to the stadium where the pavement had ended/or close to ending.
Saturdays accident. on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 3824 viewslifelong

When I walked past at 2.45 the Police were taping the area, one person was lying on the ground at the front of the bus and was being tended to by two or three people. We were moved on quickly so were unable to identify any helpers.
Saturdays accident. on 17:43 - Jan 12 with 3777 viewsDarran

Saturdays accident. on 17:34 - Jan 12 by philljack

When I got there my dad had already been moved into the stadium triage centre, but my mother was on the ground at the bottom of the ramp close to the stadium where the pavement had ended/or close to ending.

Ah right the reason I asked is ive seen loads nearly hit by cars behind Frankie & Bennys because there's no pavement there.
Take into consideration the thread on here about the path behind the East Stand plus not being able to understand the PA system inside the ground it's quite obvious the guy in charge of the stadium couldn't give a toss,time for a change in my opinion.

Hope you're parents get compensated. 👍

Login to get fewer ads

Saturdays accident. on 18:07 - Jan 12 with 3665 viewsfbreath

Saturdays accident. on 17:43 - Jan 12 by Darran

Ah right the reason I asked is ive seen loads nearly hit by cars behind Frankie & Bennys because there's no pavement there.
Take into consideration the thread on here about the path behind the East Stand plus not being able to understand the PA system inside the ground it's quite obvious the guy in charge of the stadium couldn't give a toss,time for a change in my opinion.

This accident was the other end of the ground where the red barrier is on the steep slip road opposite Rossis.
The bus was facing down the hill towards the barrier (so not sure what they mean in the EP about bus turning). Though I did not see what happened as the incident had already taken place.
The Police were ushering people to the right side of the slip road and as I was waiting to be allowed on by the Police (they stopped people going through for a few minutes) the people in the incident were on the floor near the pavement.

There were some idiots in front of me moaning because the Police were holding them up while the bus was moved out of the way of the people. A police woman gave two guys a right mouthful for complaining that they had to wait.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Saturdays accident. on 18:16 - Jan 12 with 3617 viewsDarran

Saturdays accident. on 18:07 - Jan 12 by fbreath

This accident was the other end of the ground where the red barrier is on the steep slip road opposite Rossis.
The bus was facing down the hill towards the barrier (so not sure what they mean in the EP about bus turning). Though I did not see what happened as the incident had already taken place.
The Police were ushering people to the right side of the slip road and as I was waiting to be allowed on by the Police (they stopped people going through for a few minutes) the people in the incident were on the floor near the pavement.

There were some idiots in front of me moaning because the Police were holding them up while the bus was moved out of the way of the people. A police woman gave two guys a right mouthful for complaining that they had to wait.

I know where the accident was Butt. 👍

Saturdays accident. on 18:30 - Jan 12 with 3553 viewsicecoldjack

Hope all concerned have a speedy recovery. Not a nice thing to happen at all.
Saturdays accident. on 19:26 - Jan 12 with 3324 viewsLeonisGod

Saturdays accident. on 17:43 - Jan 12 by Darran

You're right there Dar. Although not related to this incident, the lack of pavements leading into the south entrance is bizarre. Especially as it's the route from the park and ride and one of the main car parks.
Saturdays accident. on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 3245 viewsCatullus

I know them Philjack, PM on it's way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Saturdays accident. on 19:47 - Jan 12 with 3235 viewsDarran

Saturdays accident. on 19:26 - Jan 12 by LeonisGod

You're right there Dar. Although not related to this incident, the lack of pavements leading into the south entrance is bizarre. Especially as it's the route from the park and ride and one of the main car parks.

That's my point totally Sir and I honestly believe the people running the show couldn't give a toss.

Saturdays accident. on 19:50 - Jan 12 with 3209 viewsJackfath

Saturdays accident. on 19:47 - Jan 12 by Darran

That's my point totally Sir and I honestly believe the people running the show couldn't give a toss.

Someone should arrange a meeting with Leigh dineen to sort it out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Saturdays accident. on 19:59 - Jan 12 with 3179 viewsCatullus

It's not just in the car park or on the slip road Dar. The whole arrangement on the dual carriageway is disgraceful. In my opinion, it's only a matter of time before someone is killed.
There are thousands of people (over the course of 2 hours or so, who cross that dual. Many of them take their lives in their hands and play chicken with the traffic. A lot of it is because the crossings there are so obviously not up to the job. Two ordinary pedestrian crossings on a dual carriageway for thousands to cross in a short space of time is an accident waiting to happen.
We need an underpass and/or foot bridges. And then there's no need to close the roads afterwards and hold all that traffic up;

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Saturdays accident. on 20:37 - Jan 12 with 3045 viewsSweyns_Eye

Saturdays accident. on 17:35 - Jan 12 by lifelong

When I walked past at 2.45 the Police were taping the area, one person was lying on the ground at the front of the bus and was being tended to by two or three people. We were moved on quickly so were unable to identify any helpers.

I passed by around the same time. Ambulance/first aiders were with them at that time.

I hope your parents are getting over the accident Philljack. Best wishes to you all.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Saturdays accident. on 20:47 - Jan 12 with 2985 viewsKilkennyjack

Very Glad to hear that they are ok mate, but simply should not happen. This must be an immediate priority for the powers that be.

Beware of the Risen People

Saturdays accident. on 20:51 - Jan 12 with 2965 viewsNeath_Jack

Who do you mean, genuine question? Who's in charge of the infrastructure? The council is it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Saturdays accident. on 20:52 - Jan 12 with 2957 viewsNeath_Jack

Speedy recovery to your parents by the way, Phil.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Saturdays accident. on 21:13 - Jan 12 with 2892 viewsallyson

Hiya my name is allyson and I was with your mother when she had her accident on Saturday I stayed with her until the police and ambulance arrived. I did check with the doctor before I left the game on Saturday and I have been thinking about her. Hope your mum and dad are ok.
Saturdays accident. on 22:54 - Jan 12 with 2627 viewsKilkennyjack

Saturdays accident. on 21:13 - Jan 12 by allyson

Hiya my name is allyson and I was with your mother when she had her accident on Saturday I stayed with her until the police and ambulance arrived. I did check with the doctor before I left the game on Saturday and I have been thinking about her. Hope your mum and dad are ok.

Well done Allyson, your actions do you proud.

Beware of the Risen People

Saturdays accident. on 23:14 - Jan 12 with 2567 viewsDarran

Saturdays accident. on 20:51 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

Who do you mean, genuine question? Who's in charge of the infrastructure? The council is it?

Yes I believe so.

Saturdays accident. on 23:45 - Jan 12 with 2519 viewsBobJack

Nice one Allyson.

You did a good deed there and sure they really appreciate you supporting them.

Welcome to Planet Madness by the way. Hope thats not your first and last post.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Saturdays accident. on 00:01 - Jan 13 with 2491 viewsBrynmill_Jack

nice to know there are good people around. Well done, I'm sure Phil's parents greatly appreciated your kind actions

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024