Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We buy any car 04:40 - Jan 15 with 2111 viewsTreforys_Jack

Anyone have any experiances of using these or similar, I'm looking to lease from now on and want to get rid of my current car.
We buy any car on 08:42 - Jan 15 with 2061 viewsLord_Bony

Their quote for buying your car is a joke.

Stick it on gumtree or autotrader with a good pic and description...never fails.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

We buy any car on 08:43 - Jan 15 with 2058 viewsPegojack

Be very careful with that kind of company, do some internet research. Try Martin Lewis's site, maybe. I've heard that they provisionally offer you a good price online or on the phone to reel you in, then when you take the car to them, surprise, surprise, the price drops like a stone.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 8:43]
We buy any car on 09:02 - Jan 15 with 2026 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

We buy any car on 08:43 - Jan 15 by Pegojack

Be very careful with that kind of company, do some internet research. Try Martin Lewis's site, maybe. I've heard that they provisionally offer you a good price online or on the phone to reel you in, then when you take the car to them, surprise, surprise, the price drops like a stone.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 8:43]

I got a half decent price for an absolute dog of a car off them, which is my only experience. Took it to a guy in an office within a storage place near ASDA in Llansamlet. Didn't want to sell it to another human being because I knew of its issues, but they took it and gave me what they would normally give for the same car in good condition.

Only advice is, be as honest as possible when you do your online quote - list every dent and scratch because that's what the quote is on. If and when they find additional issues you haven't listed, they knock the price down even more for each issue.
We buy any car on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 2008 viewsmonmouth

We buy any car on 08:42 - Jan 15 by Lord_Bony

Stick it on gumtree or autotrader with a good pic and description...never fails.

They're a high volume business that needs to move metal cheaply without cherry picking. Don't expect fair play, their business model demands that they give you the lowest price that you will take. Their negotiators are trained accordingly. As with any negotiation set your floor and genuinely be prepared to say no.

So just use them as one potential buyer. Try other routes too, at least they will give you a base fallback price to support your price negotiations elsewhere. If it's a decent small car you should have no problems if you price realistically. A few years ago, we could have sold Mrs M's 6 year old Yaris 10 times over after one week (I think I underpriced that one..). f it's a bit of a dog that nobody wants then you might have to bite the bullet and use WBAC.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 11:09]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We buy any car on 10:34 - Jan 15 with 1941 viewsnantywatcher

Before I retired I bought and sold over 30,000 cars.Do NOT even think about them. The prices they offer are pathetic and all they mainly do is ship the cars off to auctions and rake in the easy profits. Their staff work on a commission basis and earn their living from the money they undercut your online quote. They prey off of the vulnerable. You have some good advice from others on here. Best of luck you have made money just by asking the question!
We buy any car on 13:41 - Jan 15 with 1841 viewsJackhero

We buy any car on 08:42 - Jan 15 by Lord_Bony

^^This^^

Had my car valued 2 yrs ago as wanted to get rid of it ASAP and didn't want any hassle. Was ready to take the £200 they offered when a mate suggested the same as Lord Bony. I said if he sorts the ad out and took the calls I'd give him a commission. Sold car for over £400 on gumtree, was the easiest money my mate ever earned, and I didn't have the hassle of caller after caller and time wasters!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

We buy any car on 14:31 - Jan 15 with 1805 viewsnavyjack

I had an old vectra and they offered me a decent price; bloke comes out and picks up every single imperfection and then offers you a derisory price far from the original offer. I then put it on E-bay and had more than I expected. Just remember e-bay/Paypal fees. Good luck.
We buy any car on 22:57 - Jan 15 with 1712 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cheers, thanks for the replies, backs up exactly what I thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024