Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. 19:19 - Jan 24 with 13663 viewsFerrieBodde

I really don't know why people are only now beginning to realize we're on the slide and that Monk has been doing a horrible job after this Blackburn loss. I've been saying this forever before but was constantly criticized and berated for being "negative." Anyone who follows us week in and week out should be able to realize this--in the league, we've scored only 7 goals in our last 8 games while conceding 16 in that period. The last time we actually scored more than 1 goal was when we scored 2 against QPR back in the 2nd of December. Its been utterly pathetic.

I don't even know where to begin. Our passing game has gone completely, there's absolutely no sense of urgency, we no longer press and seem to give opposing players a 10 yard radius of space when they're on the ball, woefully out of form players are being selected constantly with the dumb hope that they'll be able to play themselves out of a slump, and tactically, its been a joke. We've just been looking clueless, and we just can't score any goals. Its been week in and week out of this nonsense with no improvement in sight, and yet our manager doesn't want to make any changes.

We all know Garry is a legend and a stalwart of this club. That's never going to change. But going forward, he's not the right person for the future. Something has to be done. This is not at all sustainable, and we can't go any longer like this.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 19:21]
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 7405 viewsAngelRangelQS

So your opinion is based on the last 8 games?
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:25 - Jan 24 with 7378 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:20 - Jan 24 by AngelRangelQS

So your opinion is based on the last 8 games?

8 games is a pretty long period. Laudrup was sacked after we lost 6 of our last 8, and many managers have been sacked for poor form in less games that that.

But its been bad long before our last 8. We haven't had a spark in us or played well since that Arsenal win, and that was back in November.

Come on you Swans.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:32 - Jan 24 with 7335 viewsConcerned_Parent

I'd really like to know what Monk is doing in training every week, because its been the same old crap for months now.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:35 - Jan 24 with 7306 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:25 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

8 games is a pretty long period. Laudrup was sacked after we lost 6 of our last 8, and many managers have been sacked for poor form in less games that that.

But its been bad long before our last 8. We haven't had a spark in us or played well since that Arsenal win, and that was back in November.

No Laudrup was sacked after awful league results over the best part of 12 months.

People have been waiting to get stuck into Monk since he was appointed and now they're taking their chance on the back of what only really boils down to a tonking by Chelsea and a horror show in the cup (not the first manager of ours to have one)
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:36 - Jan 24 with 7299 viewsJonTheJack

Can't really argue with the OP.

The constant starting of Dyer and Routledge when they have been so so poor is really frustrating. A little easier to do that when Montero got injured, granted; but Emnes and Barrow have been looking 3 times the players of Dizz and Routs when brought on as subs.

Really is worrying how we are seemingly standing off opposition; it's far too easy for players to get in our box and cause problems.

Losing Bony and the problems with Gomis is only going to magnify this. We need a kick up the backside or it's going to be a very long second half of the season.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:38 - Jan 24 with 7287 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:36 - Jan 24 by JonTheJack

Can't really argue with the OP.

The constant starting of Dyer and Routledge when they have been so so poor is really frustrating. A little easier to do that when Montero got injured, granted; but Emnes and Barrow have been looking 3 times the players of Dizz and Routs when brought on as subs.

Really is worrying how we are seemingly standing off opposition; it's far too easy for players to get in our box and cause problems.

Losing Bony and the problems with Gomis is only going to magnify this. We need a kick up the backside or it's going to be a very long second half of the season.

Barrow did nothing today. Emnes is limited too

Dyer and Routledge haven't been great but he's hardly blessed with options
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:42 - Jan 24 with 7256 viewsConcerned_Parent

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:38 - Jan 24 by AngelRangelQS

Barrow did nothing today. Emnes is limited too

Dyer and Routledge haven't been great but he's hardly blessed with options

I don't know about you, but I'd much, much rather him play Emnes and Barrow than Routledge and Dyer. Every time they come on they look far better than those two, and we actually look like we might score a goal when they're on and Dyer and Routledge are off.

With his lack of options, Monk only has himself to blame. He could have signed de Guzman to a deal, but instead chose to let him walk. Now de Guzman is flourishing as an attacking midfielder at Napoli and has played on the right and left for them. Had we kept him, things would be very different right now.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:46 - Jan 24 with 7211 viewsDarran

I don't know where the OP has been saying Monk is doing a horrible job but it certainly isn't on here.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/FerrieBodde/posts/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:05 - Jan 24 with 7144 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 19:42 - Jan 24 by Concerned_Parent

I don't know about you, but I'd much, much rather him play Emnes and Barrow than Routledge and Dyer. Every time they come on they look far better than those two, and we actually look like we might score a goal when they're on and Dyer and Routledge are off.

With his lack of options, Monk only has himself to blame. He could have signed de Guzman to a deal, but instead chose to let him walk. Now de Guzman is flourishing as an attacking midfielder at Napoli and has played on the right and left for them. Had we kept him, things would be very different right now.

I don't know why Monk let de Guzman walk either. He was a solid player for us, and he did more than enough to earn himself a long term contract.

Come on you Swans.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:08 - Jan 24 with 7129 viewsDarran

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:05 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

I don't know why Monk let de Guzman walk either. He was a solid player for us, and he did more than enough to earn himself a long term contract.

Let him walk?

Oh FFS mun

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:13 - Jan 24 with 7109 viewsNeathJack

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:05 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

He was offered a contract. He stalled on it as he wanted to see what other offers came in. Quite rightly, after a period of time we took the offer off the table and moved on to other targets.

To say we "let him walk" or didn't try and sign him is disingenuous at best.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Jonathan-Guzman-s-Swansea-City-career-lo
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:16 - Jan 24 with 7081 viewsConcerned_Parent

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:13 - Jan 24 by NeathJack

He was offered a contract. He stalled on it as he wanted to see what other offers came in. Quite rightly, after a period of time we took the offer off the table and moved on to other targets.

To say we "let him walk" or didn't try and sign him is disingenuous at best.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Jonathan-Guzman-s-Swansea-City-career-lo

I just didn't think we did enough to keep him, and we should have offered him more money given our lack of talent in the midfield now. I would have been fine with it had we gotten a decent replacement, but we didn't.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:20 - Jan 24 with 7054 viewsthereisnospoon

if we do sack him now, what replacements are available besides Sherwood? there's probably no use sacking Monk now if we can't find someone decent to take his place, but yes, he needs to go at the end of the season. we need a change
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:55 - Jan 24 with 6947 viewsDr_Winston

Heaven and Earth should have been moved to try and sign JdG on a permanent basis at the end of his first season here. Last summer was too late as a matter of principle.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:00 - Jan 24 with 6925 viewsDarran

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 20:55 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Heaven and Earth should have been moved to try and sign JdG on a permanent basis at the end of his first season here. Last summer was too late as a matter of principle.

Yeah and that's Monks fault too.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:07 - Jan 24 with 6903 viewsDr_Winston

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:00 - Jan 24 by Darran

Yeah and that's Monks fault too.

I doubt it.

Still, after being one of the few individuals swimming against a tide of anti-JdG stupidity over the two years he was here it's amusing to see the realisation of what an important player he was finally sinking in with just about everybody.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:11 - Jan 24 with 6877 viewsDarran

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:07 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

I doubt it.

Still, after being one of the few individuals swimming against a tide of anti-JdG stupidity over the two years he was here it's amusing to see the realisation of what an important player he was finally sinking in with just about everybody.

Well I agree with you and perhaps there's too much transfer control in the board room too and the Bony sale shouldn't be another stick too bear Monk with like comes from some.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:18 - Jan 24 with 6859 viewsDr_Winston

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:11 - Jan 24 by Darran

Well I agree with you and perhaps there's too much transfer control in the board room too and the Bony sale shouldn't be another stick too bear Monk with like comes from some.

Selling Bony was nothing to do with Monk. Jenkins accepted a ridiculously low price so it's entirely down to him.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:28 - Jan 24 with 6833 viewsAngelRangelQS

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:18 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Selling Bony was nothing to do with Monk. Jenkins accepted a ridiculously low price so it's entirely down to him.

If it was ridiculously low why were city the only team interested?

A club like us are in a difficult position. 18 months ago, us getting £15m for Michu would have been seen as daylight robbery but now most would be happy to see him leave for what we paid for him.

Not so long ago Vorm was tipped to be off for 5-6m - "awful deal for us" we all cried and he ended up going on a free (allegedly)
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:29 - Jan 24 with 6823 viewsDarran

Yeah but like I've said before I don't believe there was any way of keeping him so we were f*cked.

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:32 - Jan 24 with 6816 viewsNeathJack

I think it's fair to assume that an agreement was made with the player when he signed the new contract which removed the buy out clause that an offer from a Champions League team of the amount he went for would be accepted.

While it may not be ideal it's a damn sight better than what we would have had otherwise.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 23:02 - Jan 24 with 6677 viewsScoobyWho

I think a review of the situation will be more relevant after the WBA away game, 3 league games time.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 23:59 - Jan 24 with 6565 viewsstAteSwan

It is hard for me to be concerned about something that has not happened yet. Now, if we're sitting here after the WBA game, still sitting on 30 points, yes we can have this discussion. But right now? We've crashed out of the cup, which Chelsea did today as well, and we lost to Chelsea and Liverpool. Anthony Taylor robbed us of a win at QPR, and West Ham was a fair draw given the game.

If we play poorly, but manage wins against Sunderland WBA, I would not complain one bit.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 00:10 - Jan 25 with 6546 viewsporschejack

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 23:02 - Jan 24 by ScoobyWho

I think a review of the situation will be more relevant after the WBA away game, 3 league games time.

Yes , we'll be in the relegation mix by then.
Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 00:25 - Jan 25 with 6521 viewsDevz00

Monk is not the right man to take us forward. on 21:07 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

I doubt it.

I was about to say; hindsight is a wonderful thing. When he was here, there were plenty saying he was average and not worth the money. Now it's as if we've let Messi go on a free transfer.

FWIW, I liked JDG too and thought he was definitely someone to keep hold of. I didn't think he would ever sign for us, though. The whole season-long loan each year seemed a bit strange for me.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024