Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... 08:42 - Jan 25 with 13127 viewsConcerned_Parent

he had to deal with Williams, Monk, and Tate complaining about him to Jenkins behind his back? I heard rumours about this but I always wanted to know if they were true. I do know that Monk had criticized Laudrup's training and said it wasn't intensive enough, and Tate came out and said that he never got on with him and that he wasn't his type of person.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:53 - Jan 25 with 6212 viewsmonmouth

WTF? he's been gone for over a year. Who gives a sh1t.

Is it true that we could only sign players that Tutu got a cut from, hence Shechter and Vasquez? Is it true that Laudrup is only interested in money? Is it true that a lot of players couldn't care less and were encouraged by Laudrup to take the pi$$? So many questions, but I've heard all of the above.

and before anyone starts, like Daz I supported him up until the day he was sacked and not a second longer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:54 - Jan 25 with 6205 viewsMyFinalHeaven

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoni

Yes, its true. They had problems with his training methods and his supposed lack of discipline, among other things.

Pretty cowardly of them to go to Jenkins behind his back instead of talking to him directly about their issues. Shady, two faced stuff like that always causes more problems than it solves.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:56 - Jan 25 with 6191 viewsStarsky

To the OP.
Have you been in some sort of bubble?

It's just the internet, init.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:58 - Jan 25 with 6175 viewsmonmouth

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:54 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoni

Yes, its true. They had problems with his training methods and his supposed lack of discipline, among other things.

Pretty cowardly of them to go to Jenkins behind his back instead of talking to him directly about their issues. Shady, two faced stuff like that always causes more problems than it solves.

Sacking him and his entourage has caused us no problems whatsoever.

There is an argument (still unresolved) as to who should have replaced him, but he'd run his course.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:02 - Jan 25 with 6153 viewsConcerned_Parent

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:58 - Jan 25 by monmouth

There is an argument (still unresolved) as to who should have replaced him, but he'd run his course.

For the record, I was not against us sacking him.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 9:03]
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:06 - Jan 25 with 6117 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why are we raking over this sh*t? Because we're in an undeniable bad run of form? We had similar bad runs under pretty much all of our previous managers. Laudrup's gone, get the f*ck over it.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 6107 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:58 - Jan 25 by monmouth

I agree that he should have been sacked. But I just think that if you have a problem with someone, then you should talk to him man to man about it instead of going behind his back and crying to his superior.

Come on you Swans.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:11 - Jan 25 with 6081 viewsjack247

This is exactly right. We are on a bad run now and things need to shape up quickly. That doesn't change the fact that Laudrups second season was absolutely abject though (in stark contrast to his first) and he was well on course to relegating us.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:12 - Jan 25 with 6078 viewsDr_Winston

Bang on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:17 - Jan 25 with 6035 viewsgoontheswans

Caused us no problems whatsoever lol

I think it was guardiola who said you try to win the ball back 30 yards from your opposition goal not 80. I wish monk had played with him at barca.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:37 - Jan 25 with 5946 viewssixpenses

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:06 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

Why are we raking over this sh*t? Because we're in an undeniable bad run of form? We had similar bad runs under pretty much all of our previous managers. Laudrup's gone, get the f*ck over it.

Stop stomping your little feet ECB

Don't you agree freedom of speech is a good thing

Surly your ideals don't fit with trying to shut people up with abuse

Do they - or is it just freedom of speech when they stick to your agenda

Remember you were trying to get a manager sacked at one time
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:58 - Jan 25 with 5846 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:37 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Stop stomping your little feet ECB

Don't you agree freedom of speech is a good thing

Surly your ideals don't fit with trying to shut people up with abuse

Do they - or is it just freedom of speech when they stick to your agenda

Remember you were trying to get a manager sacked at one time

What are you talking about? And yes, I called for Jackett to be sacked when he was the manager. Never denied it, never will.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:00 - Jan 25 with 5831 viewsBobJack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 08:54 - Jan 25 by MyFinalHeaven

Jenkins used to attend most training sessions, not sure if still does, so he would have seen first hand the training methods used.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:09 - Jan 25 with 5793 viewssixpenses

Of course the former statement is absolute nonsense - I would compile a full list

But it might go from bad publicity with our totally unprofessional and disrespectful handling of it, to dropping straight out of both competitions we were in and after 1 game embarking on our greatest number of games in the PL without a win since we were promoted such that we went from almost identical like for like points with the previous exceptional year when Laudrup left, to miles away from that even with easier much more spaced our fixtures and an almost fully fit team. Even our late run of wins could not come near reinstating our like for like points position. Oh of course not forgetting the money it cost the club in compensation.

Of course now we moan if a couple of players are out but JackFish assured me it made no difference when Laudrup had up to 8 first team players out at one time and a massively crowded fixture list and were playing nearly all the top teams. He didn't expect any improvement would have come from the newly virtually fully fit team that Garry inherited!!!

We may question who lost the dressing room. Except for those with much to gain who were instrumental in the coup. Look at how the so called Spanish troublemakers (Garry described as excellent for him, a worrier, best player on the pitch by miles, wanted to build his team around) behaved with total professionalism but chose not to stay even though Garry wanted them to. Those that could went even if it meant leaving the PL.
List the players that went as soon as they could - the heart of the team and not only the Spanish players.

When Huw put in the program notes the club’s ‘strong principles were slowly being eroded’ under Laudrup; from what we have seen I can only imagine he was complaining it was not being done quickly enough.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:14 - Jan 25 with 5773 viewssixpenses

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 09:11 - Jan 25 by jack247

This is exactly right. We are on a bad run now and things need to shape up quickly. That doesn't change the fact that Laudrups second season was absolutely abject though (in stark contrast to his first) and he was well on course to relegating us.

Unfortunately the stats don't back this up - even with all the injuries and crowded fixture list

Look at Dav's graphs you will see how we plummeted after the Laudrup sacking

We never got near to the almost identical like for like points with the previous amazing year that Laudrup was on when he was sacked 24 games in.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:31 - Jan 25 with 5705 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

20 pager

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 5694 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:31 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

20 pager

Again.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:35 - Jan 25 with 5683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:33 - Jan 25 by WarwickHunt

Again.

Ad f*cking nauseum.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:38 - Jan 25 with 5667 viewssixpenses

It was revealed on here by an ex trust SCFC Board member (I think it was) that complaints were put in about him straight away. I imagine that is what all the fuss was when he first joined us and it was thought he was going to leave.

Bren was good at stroking Ego's. I imagine Laudrup took a much more pragmatic approach based on perceived merit, which I imagine the ego's took exception to.

Remember Monk had very clear views on training which he had expounded when criticising Sousa in the press for failure to maintain 2nd halves. So from the outset we had a manager and a Captain who thought he knew better. Not a good combination if the Captain had the Chair's ear as he did.

Of course they backed off when he was fantastically successful. But when things were difficult with all the fixtures and injuries they took their chance. I particularly noticed Ash at that time his attitude on the pitch seemed poor. I remember him really going off on one at Birmingham. Despite the talk of Monk being Laudrup's deputy I have seen TV interview where Monk made clear that was never going to happen and a newspaper article saying he did not want that he wanted a fresh start.

Ash is on record as to how he and Monk decided to "save the club". Monk was flexing him muscles with the like of Chico trying to impose his ways and authority

It was also said on here from a claimed inside source that the reason for Huw's amazing rethink from pre planned meeting where he shook hands and agreed Laudrup stay, to sacking him by email a couple of hours later. Was because those senior "players" refused to work with him. It seemed a credible report but I have no evidence of its truth of otherwise. But the change of heart from a meeting that the main controlling forces of the club would have undoubtedly carefully planned for all the potential outcomes was quite amazing.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:38 - Jan 25 with 5667 viewsPhil_S

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:31 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

20 pager

Laudrups been sacked? Why didn't anyone say
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 5662 viewsJonJack

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:14 - Jan 25 by sixpenses

Unfortunately the stats don't back this up - even with all the injuries and crowded fixture list

Look at Dav's graphs you will see how we plummeted after the Laudrup sacking

We never got near to the almost identical like for like points with the previous amazing year that Laudrup was on when he was sacked 24 games in.

Laudrup took 24 points out of 24 games whilst in charge the season he was sacked while Monk took 18 points out of 14 games (I'll let you do the maths).

The fact is he had lost the dressing room and Monk did very well to steady the ship whilst a few Spaniards were throwing their toys out of the pram during the rest of that season.

There is also the argument that Swansea performed well in spite of Laudrup that year as he didn't want to sign Wilfried Bony as he wanted Aspas instead.

I've heard stories of his unprofessionalism towards the end. He apparently refused to meet Tom Ince, he gave a 20 second team talk at West Ham which was pretty much "watch them with the high balls" and the training was poor making the players unfit.

It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done.

As for Monk he's had a great start this season. There has been a few injuries recently but realistically we've had a heavy beating playing the best team in Britain when we had a patched up team out and we lost a game against lesser opposition yesterday because of an early red card. Calm the **** down perhaps is the advice.
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 5648 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:38 - Jan 25 by Phil_S

Laudrups been sacked? Why didn't anyone say

My money's on Monk to get the job.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 5638 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by JonJack

Laudrup took 24 points out of 24 games whilst in charge the season he was sacked while Monk took 18 points out of 14 games (I'll let you do the maths).

The fact is he had lost the dressing room and Monk did very well to steady the ship whilst a few Spaniards were throwing their toys out of the pram during the rest of that season.

There is also the argument that Swansea performed well in spite of Laudrup that year as he didn't want to sign Wilfried Bony as he wanted Aspas instead.

I've heard stories of his unprofessionalism towards the end. He apparently refused to meet Tom Ince, he gave a 20 second team talk at West Ham which was pretty much "watch them with the high balls" and the training was poor making the players unfit.

It would be pretty obvious that the players would be complaining to Laudrup before complaining to Jenkins but nothing was done.

As for Monk he's had a great start this season. There has been a few injuries recently but realistically we've had a heavy beating playing the best team in Britain when we had a patched up team out and we lost a game against lesser opposition yesterday because of an early red card. Calm the **** down perhaps is the advice.

You have no idea what you've just done.

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 5637 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:39 - Jan 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

My money's on Monk to get the job.

That would be f*cking mental. Oh, hang on...
Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:44 - Jan 25 with 5602 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it true that towards the end of Laudrup's reign... on 10:40 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

You have no idea what you've just done.

Popcorn time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024