Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No appeal for Siggy 11:49 - Jan 26 with 3697 viewsJackFish

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-reluctantly-opt-appeal-Gylfi/
No appeal for Siggy on 11:55 - Jan 26 with 3680 viewsmonmouth

It would have been pointless. It's time appeals were judged on whether it is right or wrong in the context of all decisions as a whole, not whether the referee was 'within his rights' to effectively decide for himself on an isolated incident on any particular day (there are many worse tackles that get a yellow or nothing at the weekend, one was in the same game by a Blackburn player). the referee should be made to explain that to the panel not given carte blanche. I know, unworkable probably but I'm still a bit sore and I'm sick of these punters being the whole of the law.

All this red card sh1t has gone too far now anyway. People (not just our players) are sent off for nothing and paying customers are cheated out of a competitive game where the better side prevails.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No appeal for Siggy on 11:57 - Jan 26 with 3673 viewspremierjack

No appeal for Siggy on 11:55 - Jan 26 by monmouth

It would have been pointless. It's time appeals were judged on whether it is right or wrong in the context of all decisions as a whole, not whether the referee was 'within his rights' to effectively decide for himself on an isolated incident on any particular day (there are many worse tackles that get a yellow or nothing at the weekend, one was in the same game by a Blackburn player). the referee should be made to explain that to the panel not given carte blanche. I know, unworkable probably but I'm still a bit sore and I'm sick of these punters being the whole of the law.

All this red card sh1t has gone too far now anyway. People (not just our players) are sent off for nothing and paying customers are cheated out of a competitive game where the better side prevails.

It was never a red!!!!
No appeal for Siggy on 12:03 - Jan 26 with 3653 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It was a yellow card tackle but yellow card tackles are never overturned. Only no foul at all tackles get overturned like Fede's at Anfield.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

No appeal for Siggy on 12:33 - Jan 26 with 3585 viewsjack247

No appeal for Siggy on 11:57 - Jan 26 by premierjack

It was never a red!!!!

I didn't think it was a red, but you can see why the ref gave it. I think an appeal would have been pretty pointless, they only get overturned if it is a very obvious wrong decision.
No appeal for Siggy on 12:38 - Jan 26 with 3565 viewsLeonisGod

Of course not. Why appeal when a man goes for the opponent in a fit of rage/frustration? I can't see why the club are suggesting it wasn't a red - it was a red all day long and Siggy knew it as soon as he lunged in. The look on his face as soon as he connected tells you all you need to know - he knew he was off.
No appeal for Siggy on 12:42 - Jan 26 with 3546 viewsApeShit

No appeal for Siggy on 12:38 - Jan 26 by LeonisGod

Of course not. Why appeal when a man goes for the opponent in a fit of rage/frustration? I can't see why the club are suggesting it wasn't a red - it was a red all day long and Siggy knew it as soon as he lunged in. The look on his face as soon as he connected tells you all you need to know - he knew he was off.

100% agree, the Bartley challenge looked soft and arguably shouldn't of even been given as a foul, however as soon as it was given then its a red card all day.
No appeal for Siggy on 12:51 - Jan 26 with 3493 viewscontroversial_jack

A yellow, yes! Never a red.The refs have an agenda against us after Monk dared to criticise them
No appeal for Siggy on 12:56 - Jan 26 with 3487 viewsApeShit

No appeal for Siggy on 12:51 - Jan 26 by controversial_jack

A yellow, yes! Never a red.The refs have an agenda against us after Monk dared to criticise them

A late two footed lunge from behind with intent is always going to be a red card I'm afraid.
Login to get fewer ads

No appeal for Siggy on 12:57 - Jan 26 with 3481 viewsLeonisGod

No appeal for Siggy on 12:42 - Jan 26 by ApeShit

100% agree, the Bartley challenge looked soft and arguably shouldn't of even been given as a foul, however as soon as it was given then its a red card all day.

Yep agree on the Bartley one two. Bartley should never have got himself into that situation but as soon as the ref gave the foul he was off too. Their player made the most of it but once he got in front of Bartley there was only one outcome. Both were stupid but I don't see how we can argue against either. We'd be screaming for red cards for both if it was the opposition.
No appeal for Siggy on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 3361 viewsjackal

If it's true that he's carrying an injury maybe a three week rest will do him good.

Every cloud!
No appeal for Siggy on 15:03 - Jan 26 with 3352 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No appeal for Siggy on 14:57 - Jan 26 by jackal

If it's true that he's carrying an injury maybe a three week rest will do him good.

Every cloud!

indeed

dont bother he needs a rest.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

No appeal for Siggy on 15:39 - Jan 26 with 3299 viewsOldjack

No appeal for Siggy on 15:03 - Jan 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

indeed

dont bother he needs a rest.

needs a rest ffs get a grip man ,in the prime of his life ,getting the best of everything, runs a few miles a week and he needs a rest JEEZZZZZZ
ps RED card every time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No appeal for Siggy on 15:43 - Jan 26 with 3286 viewsmonmouth

No appeal for Siggy on 15:39 - Jan 26 by Oldjack

needs a rest ffs get a grip man ,in the prime of his life ,getting the best of everything, runs a few miles a week and he needs a rest JEEZZZZZZ
ps RED card every time

He's been carrying an injured foot hasn't he? Mind you he caught that shot ok, so maybe not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No appeal for Siggy on 15:46 - Jan 26 with 3280 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No appeal for Siggy on 15:39 - Jan 26 by Oldjack

ps RED card every time

hes been playing while carrying an injury and his performances have shown this.He needs to rest up
i remember a certain No10 with us being run into the ground while playing with bad ankles.
Ps it's a yellow card,nothing more

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

No appeal for Siggy on 15:49 - Jan 26 with 3272 viewsOldjack

No appeal for Siggy on 15:43 - Jan 26 by monmouth

He's been carrying an injured foot hasn't he? Mind you he caught that shot ok, so maybe not.

If he has fair enough, but that's not what he's implying .Dressing theses so called athletes up in cotton wool does my head in ,next people will be saying they can't play two games in a week ffs, oh hang on i think that's been said already

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No appeal for Siggy on 15:54 - Jan 26 with 3264 viewspremierjack

No appeal for Siggy on 12:56 - Jan 26 by ApeShit

A late two footed lunge from behind with intent is always going to be a red card I'm afraid.

It was hardly a 2 footed lunge.

The side of siggys leg made contact with the side of the other players leg. It was a yellow card all day long. If he had connected with two feet or his studs I would agree with you but it's a yellow for me
No appeal for Siggy on 18:42 - Jan 26 with 3132 viewsjack_lord

Just to clarify, is it one or three game ban?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

No appeal for Siggy on 19:07 - Jan 26 with 3096 viewsswans11

It wasn't a red not two footed bad decision. Siggy should never made challenge though we already had a free kick
No appeal for Siggy on 19:09 - Jan 26 with 3093 viewsJackFish

No appeal for Siggy on 18:42 - Jan 26 by jack_lord

Just to clarify, is it one or three game ban?

Three matches unfortunately. One for Bartley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024