Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning after 07:08 - Feb 2 with 1583 viewsTreforys_Jack

Great 3 pts few of us genuinely expected, would have bitten your hand off for 1. Fab looked safe as houses, Ash and Fede were outstanding. Naughton looks a decent long term replacement for Rangel. Taylor still doesn't stop the cross coming in. Thought Carroll and Fulton did ok in the middle. Really don't know whats wrong with Dyer at the moment, he used to be able to influence games, hope its just a loss of confidence and he'll come bouncing back. Gomis put a good shift in, but is certainly no Bony, we need to tailor our game slightly as he isn't going to bully defenders the way Wilf used to. JJS is being lauded atm and rightly so, but is just as likely to have a brain fart next game and be back to being the escaped goat again. There is definitely no middle ground for Jonjo. Anyway nice to wake up with that warm feeling on a Monday morning that only 3 points can give you.
Morning after on 07:40 - Feb 2 with 1535 viewsorion3016

That's a fair summary

The pleasing thing for me is that we were much better in the 2nd half when a lot of the time this season weve faded away, especially away from home. The shelvey point you raise is spot on, be interesting how he reacts when Siggy returns and he's back on the bench, although he could have picked up another ban by then!

Nathan is a shadow of the player that started the season. Some of his 1st touches yesterday were awful and he's lost the confidence to go outside the full back

Great result and mostly unexpected

33 points and safe

Be over there now after

Morning after on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 1498 viewsBloodyhills

Morning after on 07:40 - Feb 2 by orion3016

That's a fair summary

The pleasing thing for me is that we were much better in the 2nd half when a lot of the time this season weve faded away, especially away from home. The shelvey point you raise is spot on, be interesting how he reacts when Siggy returns and he's back on the bench, although he could have picked up another ban by then!

Nathan is a shadow of the player that started the season. Some of his 1st touches yesterday were awful and he's lost the confidence to go outside the full back

33 points and safe

I was dismayed with the first half but the 2nd half cheered me up no end as we battled hard, put some good tackles in and started to pass the ball around a bit.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Morning after on 08:18 - Feb 2 with 1481 viewsTreforys_Jack

Can't get used to seeing KOL on the bench next to monk either.
Morning after on 08:32 - Feb 2 with 1456 viewsSwan91

I disagree with gomis not bullying defenders like Bony, in the second half he looked really strong against certain southampton players and he looked similar to bony in the way that he could hold them off with ease. He doesn't do it all the time but he has a good mix of holding off opponents and gaining free kicks for us.

But yeah southampton is one of the toughest places to go to this season and if I remember from yesterday that we are only the 3rd team to win at southampton(with the other 2 being Man Utd and Man City). Not bad for a team missing quite a lot of starters.
Morning after on 08:47 - Feb 2 with 1419 viewsfootball2301

Morning after on 07:40 - Feb 2 by orion3016

That's a fair summary

33 points and safe

he won't be back on the bench
Morning after on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 1364 viewsTreforys_Jack

Morning after on 08:32 - Feb 2 by Swan91

I disagree with gomis not bullying defenders like Bony, in the second half he looked really strong against certain southampton players and he looked similar to bony in the way that he could hold them off with ease. He doesn't do it all the time but he has a good mix of holding off opponents and gaining free kicks for us.

But yeah southampton is one of the toughest places to go to this season and if I remember from yesterday that we are only the 3rd team to win at southampton(with the other 2 being Man Utd and Man City). Not bad for a team missing quite a lot of starters.

Really ? fairy nuff. He's far more mobile than Wilf was so we need to change our game plan slightly. He certainly won't soften up defenders. One look at his face last week when he was badly mauled by the 2 Blackburn lads tells you that.
Morning after on 09:25 - Feb 2 with 1360 viewsPegojack

Morning after on 08:47 - Feb 2 by football2301

he won't be back on the bench

Assuming everyone is fit and available, I think it will be horses for courses for the rest of the season.

My first pick midfield would be Ki, Cork and Siggy, but depending on who we're playing, individual's form, and whether or not Cork is as good as we all think he is, there's a case for Britton to rotate with Ki, Carroll for Cork and JJS for Siggy. perhaps even Fulton for Ki if we're desperate again.
Morning after on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 1341 viewsTreforys_Jack

Morning after on 09:25 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

Assuming everyone is fit and available, I think it will be horses for courses for the rest of the season.

My first pick midfield would be Ki, Cork and Siggy, but depending on who we're playing, individual's form, and whether or not Cork is as good as we all think he is, there's a case for Britton to rotate with Ki, Carroll for Cork and JJS for Siggy. perhaps even Fulton for Ki if we're desperate again.

Pretty much my take on it to be fair, not that it makes it correct though.
Login to get fewer ads

Morning after on 10:35 - Feb 2 with 1273 viewsepaul

Morning after on 09:25 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

We were with Soton fans yesterday, theyre gutted he's gone but understand that he wants long term game time which they reckon with their midfield he wont get

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024