Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis has spoken 16:15 - Feb 2 with 7468 viewsdantheswansman

http://postimg.org/image/tc6nor6ft/

Gomis has spoken on 16:18 - Feb 2 with 5221 viewskopperburgjack

Well let's get a decent chant for him now then! And not the Bony song or not a song we sing for another player and just replace the name!

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Gomis has spoken on 16:19 - Feb 2 with 5209 viewsFar_Post

It has finally sunk in then that he is number 1 now.

Blog: The C Word

Gomis has spoken on 16:21 - Feb 2 with 5167 viewsdobjack2

Gomis has spoken on 16:19 - Feb 2 by Far_Post

It has finally sunk in then that he is number 1 now.

No it's sunk in that he isn't getting a transfer.
Gomis has spoken on 16:23 - Feb 2 with 5120 viewsPegojack

"I announce to you all that I am staying at Swansea and continuing to pick up my £70k a week wages because no other fecker came in for me with a serious offer..."

Thanks for that.
Gomis has spoken on 16:28 - Feb 2 with 5036 viewsGeoffThom

Gomis has spoken on 16:23 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

"I announce to you all that I am staying at Swansea and continuing to pick up my £70k a week wages because no other fecker came in for me with a serious offer..."

Thanks for that.

How much truth in it I don't know but sky said a number of offers made palace reportedly offered 9.5 mill surprised we didn't take that if true ?
Gomis has spoken on 16:32 - Feb 2 with 4973 viewsoldcob

For whatever reason, he staying. So lets all get off his back and support him for as long as wears the shirt. The king is dead, long live the king.
Gomis has spoken on 16:33 - Feb 2 with 4954 viewsWingstandwood

Thanks for that.

Bang on!.............. Gomis is showing the much heralded (on here by some!) "Loyal Jack" syndrome. A condition shown previously by the likes of KOL, Tom Butler, Mark Gower etc!

It's amazing how loyal a player can be when it comes to pocketting thousands of pounds a week in the circumstance of absolutely f##k all inclination from other clubs interested (and paying wages) for acquiring the services of. What self sacrifice hey!

Argus!

Gomis has spoken on 16:34 - Feb 2 with 4948 viewslibertine

whatever,
we as fans now need to support him.

I doubt if there are many who would stay in their job when offered a better paying one.

Lets just hope that his now going to earn his keep
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis has spoken on 16:38 - Feb 2 with 4902 viewsmonmouth

Being a vicious twisted sod, I'd put him on the bench on Saturday just for a laugh.

At least it looks like he's been better advised at last He's proud to be a jack....until the summer. Oh, and get the fans to love you and then we might be able to negotiate image rights in your next move or contract extension.

Cynical. You bet your ass, but as said, he's here now, get behind him and lets hope he scores like a rabbit in Barons.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis has spoken on 16:38 - Feb 2 with 4896 viewsDarran

Thanks for that.

Ini what a lovely chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis has spoken on 16:40 - Feb 2 with 4873 viewsthomasJack

Gomis has spoken on 16:28 - Feb 2 by GeoffThom

How much truth in it I don't know but sky said a number of offers made palace reportedly offered 9.5 mill surprised we didn't take that if true ?

And only relay on nelson o???

Poll: Next signing

Gomis has spoken on 16:42 - Feb 2 with 4847 viewsMagicDaps

Gomis has spoken on 16:18 - Feb 2 by kopperburgjack

Well let's get a decent chant for him now then! And not the Bony song or not a song we sing for another player and just replace the name!

Plenty of players more worthy of a decent chant.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Gomis has spoken on 16:47 - Feb 2 with 4788 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis has spoken on 16:34 - Feb 2 by libertine

whatever,
we as fans now need to support him.

I doubt if there are many who would stay in their job when offered a better paying one.

Lets just hope that his now going to earn his keep

But he earns more than me and IT ISN'T FAIR waaahhh!!!

Agreed, there's no reason not to support him.

So, he wasn't happy he wasn't getting much game time? Good. I wouldn't want a player here who is happy to just pick up his pay cheque from the bench.

So, the papers were full of him wanting to leave. So they have been with Ash, Tayls... It's what agents do.

He was stupid to go public with his views, but he's obviously putting in a shift on the pitch. Certainly no worse than any other player during the 'dodgy spell'. We are better with him than without him at the moment and he clearl;y has some talent . Of course Garry said all this 2 weeks ago, but it seems nobody was listening.
Gomis has spoken on 16:56 - Feb 2 with 4698 viewshammy

Gomis has spoken on 16:33 - Feb 2 by Wingstandwood

Bang on!.............. Gomis is showing the much heralded (on here by some!) "Loyal Jack" syndrome. A condition shown previously by the likes of KOL, Tom Butler, Mark Gower etc!

It's amazing how loyal a player can be when it comes to pocketting thousands of pounds a week in the circumstance of absolutely f##k all inclination from other clubs interested (and paying wages) for acquiring the services of. What self sacrifice hey!

Vast majority of footballers are mercenaries and will go to the highest bidder. Some are a bit more cute at hiding their innate greed but it's just human nature isn't it. Also, the role of agents in the murky world of football transfers needs to taken into account, since it is their business to make deals happen and make money on them.

Anyway all we can do as football supporters is support whoever represents our team at any particular moment in time. Football is probably no less transient than most industries, where people hop around looking for better deals / jobs. It's just that deals are done in the public eye. We can blame the likes of Sky for this, but I suppose they're only keeping an eye on the money that they keep pumping into football each year !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Gomis has spoken on 17:00 - Feb 2 with 4662 viewsAnotherJohn

Bafe has made the right noises (at least for now), and so I think a lot of us will give him a chance. Time will tell I suppose, but he put in a reasonable shift at Southampton.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 12:05]
Gomis has spoken on 17:56 - Feb 2 with 4416 viewsnantywatcher

To all you negative clowns out there. Go look at his reaction when Jonjo scores - he could not be happier. And all you on here who think your football knowledge is better than Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew - go and get a life FFS!
Gomis has spoken on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 4362 viewsJackanapes

Gomis has spoken on 17:56 - Feb 2 by nantywatcher

To all you negative clowns out there. Go look at his reaction when Jonjo scores - he could not be happier. And all you on here who think your football knowledge is better than Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew - go and get a life FFS!

My knowledge must be better. I played for Afan Tinplate sunday xi back in the day. I used do step overs and everything like Stanley Matthews. He was a hero of mine so incorporated his moves into my game.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 18:03]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Gomis has spoken on 18:03 - Feb 2 with 4341 viewsperchrockjack

So Monk seems to have sorted his head out now and rejected any approach to sell him.
Seems brave to me

Nah, its brilliant and wouldn't surprise me to see Bafe rammed our words of indignation right up our ring pieces..
Monk to be credited, well maybe not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis has spoken on 18:08 - Feb 2 with 4324 viewsoldcob

Gomis has spoken on 16:47 - Feb 2 by LeonisGod

So, he wasn't happy he wasn't getting much game time? Good. I wouldn't want a player here who is happy to just pick up his pay cheque from the bench.

So, the papers were full of him wanting to leave. So they have been with Ash, Tayls... It's what agents do.

He was stupid to go public with his views, but he's obviously putting in a shift on the pitch. Certainly no worse than any other player during the 'dodgy spell'. We are better with him than without him at the moment and he clearl;y has some talent . Of course Garry said all this 2 weeks ago, but it seems nobody was listening.

Best summarisation of all the Gomis threads I've read. I agree with every single word.
Gomis has spoken on 18:11 - Feb 2 with 4309 viewsPrivate_Partz

Gomis has spoken on 16:56 - Feb 2 by hammy

Vast majority of footballers are mercenaries and will go to the highest bidder. Some are a bit more cute at hiding their innate greed but it's just human nature isn't it. Also, the role of agents in the murky world of football transfers needs to taken into account, since it is their business to make deals happen and make money on them.

Anyway all we can do as football supporters is support whoever represents our team at any particular moment in time. Football is probably no less transient than most industries, where people hop around looking for better deals / jobs. It's just that deals are done in the public eye. We can blame the likes of Sky for this, but I suppose they're only keeping an eye on the money that they keep pumping into football each year !

Absolutely. I doubt he is no better or worse than most of today's footballers. It would seem he has been badly advised, was frustrated at not playing, the timings if his comments were probably out and something got lost in translation.
He has my support and I hope he has a good remainder of the season. That can only be good for him and the club.
If he does turn out to be a very effective striker it could cement his career here. He turns 30 next birthday so his stock is not going to rise.
A successful Gomis with Michu playing behind him would suit me........ Well a guy can dream ;-)
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 18:20]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gomis has spoken on 18:21 - Feb 2 with 4232 viewsicecoldjack

I'm sure his twitter feed is on a 2 week delay or something!..

Many thanks to him for deciding to stay, must have been a hard decision with all the choices on offer and the fact we as a club said he wasn't going anywhere !

Modern football sucks @ss sometimes. Just hope he puts his twitter account away for a while.
Gomis has spoken on 18:22 - Feb 2 with 4222 viewsnantywatcher

Gomis has spoken on 18:02 - Feb 2 by Jackanapes

My knowledge must be better. I played for Afan Tinplate sunday xi back in the day. I used do step overs and everything like Stanley Matthews. He was a hero of mine so incorporated his moves into my game.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 18:03]

To be honest if he had tried to do step-overs in those shorts of his he could have well done himself a long term injury!
Gomis has spoken on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 4131 viewssixpenses

Excellent post
Gomis has spoken on 18:51 - Feb 2 with 4114 viewssixpenses

Gomis has spoken on 16:38 - Feb 2 by Darran

Ini what a lovely chap.

Agreed delighted he is staying

Puts in a shift and great that he is so keen to forge a relationship with the fans don't you think.
Gomis has spoken on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 4099 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is the right answer.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024