Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you care who wins tomorrow? 09:19 - Feb 5 with 15083 viewsNOTRAC

Seven pages in the sports part of today's Western Mail, and most of the front page taken up by the news that the Millenium roof is going to be closed, rugby mania time has started once more.
And if Wales is successful in winning the match against England the paper will have to double in size to contain all the hysterics.
We will be told on the Welsh media that Wales and rugby are synonymous.How Wales first became a nation when it defeated the All Blacks in 1905.and how our success on the rugby field justifies our claims for independence ,particularly if we beat England.
Well I suppose I must be regarded as very odd.For I personally couldn't care less if Wales win tomorrow.I won't even watch it .
I personally hate rugby and the crap that goes with it.
In fact I couldn't care less whether Wales won or not.
I wonder if there's anyone else who feels the same?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:23 - Feb 5 with 9198 viewsOldjack

Yep me ,bloody glory hunters, who hardly ever support their local clubs ,attendances will show you that
I hope there's some footy on tomorrow night

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:24 - Feb 5 with 9193 viewskarnataka

I don't really care. I would prefer Wales to win so that those who think I must care simply because I'm Welsh have nothing to say on the subject.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:31 - Feb 5 with 9172 viewshammy

I grew up playing and enjoying both sports in the 70s / 80s. Also going along tomorrow evening and should be a great game. Start of RWC year as well, so going to be interesting how the result goes for the meeting in Twickenham in September.

The Swans are playing on Saturday, so can enjoy both events !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:35 - Feb 5 with 9162 viewsTrundle10

I want Wales to win. I am Welsh. Anything wrong with that? Would prefer Swansea win Saturday tho if that was you getting at?
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:45 - Feb 5 with 9140 views1462jack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:35 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

I want Wales to win. I am Welsh. Anything wrong with that? Would prefer Swansea win Saturday tho if that was you getting at?

ill be there on a freebie , carrying on one of the flags , and yes i hope wales win after all i am welsh
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:50 - Feb 5 with 9121 viewstomdickharry

Agree whole heartily with Notrac although I will be watching hoping for a late England penalty to win the match. The great irony of English rugby is that they play without a large number of potentially fantastic English players not even playing Rugby Union but Rugby League,just imagine how good England could be if those hard men from the North were playing Union.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:23 - Feb 5 with 9050 viewsBloodyhills

Yes I care, I want Wales to win and Swansea to win. Looking forward to watching both.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:33 - Feb 5 with 9027 viewspencoedjack

Sums it up for me

Like Wales to win but Swansea winning has far greater importance. (That goes for football as well as egg)
Login to get fewer ads

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:38 - Feb 5 with 9011 viewsmonmouth

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:23 - Feb 5 by Bloodyhills

Yes I care, I want Wales to win and Swansea to win. Looking forward to watching both.

Doesn't have to be one or the other does it? Rugby is part of Welsh historical culture and something that grew from our proud working class core, so I'd find it hard to just dismiss out of hand as. at my own core, I have a welsh heart and soul. So yeah, I want Wales to win, and I want the Swans to win and, whatever I might say as a wum on here I want the welsh football team to win too.

I do, however, want the Swans to win more, because at the core of my welsh core, I'm umbilically tied to my ugly lovely town, and will always be Swansea first and foremost..

Fair brings a tear to my eye. Almost.

edit. didn't mean to quote you bh
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 10:43]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:49 - Feb 5 with 8974 viewskopperburgjack

Don't give a sh1t about rugby there's no passion in it anymore, football will blow it out of business in years to come. In fact I want England to win just so that there won't be as many rugby idiots in town on weekend

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:06 - Feb 5 with 8941 viewsLeonisGod

I want Wales to win and I'm English! I spent 4 years near Twickenham and had a belly full of the Range Rover driving, Barbour wearing, shooting stick sitting, snobby English RU types. As Dar would say "fcuk em"!
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:13 - Feb 5 with 8913 viewsairedale

I thought that the roof was going to be open?
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:28 - Feb 5 with 8870 viewshammy

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:50 - Feb 5 by tomdickharry

Agree whole heartily with Notrac although I will be watching hoping for a late England penalty to win the match. The great irony of English rugby is that they play without a large number of potentially fantastic English players not even playing Rugby Union but Rugby League,just imagine how good England could be if those hard men from the North were playing Union.

Yeh, right; a bit like Sam Burgess ;)

They're completely different sports these days. The RL guys are extremely fi, excellent athletes and very good with offloads, but they just don't get the technical skills related to RU forward play and don't get me started with the rules around the breakdown !

England have enough of an advantage in numbers of players and finance to be able to dominate the RU game; but don't seem to get there most of the time ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:34 - Feb 5 with 8855 viewsDarran

I hope Wales win,I'd hope Wales would win if it was a Tiddly Winks international though,saying that I won't be giving a f*ck if they lose though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:37 - Feb 5 with 8844 viewsFlashberryjack

If Wales were playing an international snooker match, even though I don't watch, play or like it - I'd still want them to win.......because I'm Welsh see.
So come tomorrow I'll be shouting " COME ON WALES" as loud a f*ck

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:24 - Feb 5 with 8759 viewsNaughty71

I am so detached from rugby, I didn't even know it was on!

Six nations time again eh? Sorry no interest at all, to the point that I have no knowledge of the history of it either, I must be even more disinterested than NOTRAC! He knew how we became a nation, I had not a clue!

But for all of you that do enjoy it, I hope it's a great game and you all have a brilliant time!

Each to their own I say!

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:07 - Feb 5 with 8677 viewsJethroJack

Stupid question...YES...c'mon Walessssssssss!!
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:17 - Feb 5 with 8643 viewsperchrockjack

Every six nations ,we get this unmitigated crap.

After our games Ive seen personally pubs full of Swans fans cheering on Wales, their country.

So people, Welsh people, aren't arsed or worse and want England to win just because they hate rugby.

Well only in Wales could you find that attitude..

Im not keen on many sports but I want my country to win every time,.

Daft bints in daffodil hats, prawns and cretins looking to get their face on camera for 2 seconds but so what// its a great tournament and we have a chance of glory --yep that ll do me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:35 - Feb 5 with 8612 viewsmarchamjack

Yes

But only cos I'm watching it in the pub up here in oxon with rugger bugger types and I can wind them up if we win

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 15:25 - Feb 5 with 8490 viewsmbl1966

Yes. Wales all the way.

I find it beyond comprehension how people can "hate" a game. In almost every walk of life we play a distant second to everything English. In football terms we are even further behind. For a bunch of opinionated computer athletes I thought you would have jumped at the chance to get on the bandwagon of a sport where we punch far above our weight and frequently humble our far larger, far better financed neighbouring masters.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 15:49 - Feb 5 with 8455 viewsmonmouth

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:17 - Feb 5 by perchrockjack

Every six nations ,we get this unmitigated crap.

After our games Ive seen personally pubs full of Swans fans cheering on Wales, their country.

So people, Welsh people, aren't arsed or worse and want England to win just because they hate rugby.

Well only in Wales could you find that attitude..

Im not keen on many sports but I want my country to win every time,.

Daft bints in daffodil hats, prawns and cretins looking to get their face on camera for 2 seconds but so what// its a great tournament and we have a chance of glory --yep that ll do me

To be fair the atmosphere in the Globe when wales thrashed sh1t out of them last time was like a swans game in a pub. This was after we'd tamely surrendered to Arsenal beforehand I think. And it was packed out.

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 16:21 - Feb 5 with 8401 viewsperchrockjack

and mony, some on here would suggest the hate the game or not interested or even more staggeringly not know its even on..
So we do have a Welshman presumably admitting he wants to see England win, because its "EGG"
Funnily enough RU on Wirral is hardly the same as Home County Sarry/Wasps/QUINS bollux, and less "middle class " than many would think. Its seen a s a fookn tough game where they deserve all they get.

No hope for me as I love the RL too and that s starting soon.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:11 - Feb 5 with 8356 viewsVetchitBack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:38 - Feb 5 by monmouth

Doesn't have to be one or the other does it? Rugby is part of Welsh historical culture and something that grew from our proud working class core, so I'd find it hard to just dismiss out of hand as. at my own core, I have a welsh heart and soul. So yeah, I want Wales to win, and I want the Swans to win and, whatever I might say as a wum on here I want the welsh football team to win too.

I do, however, want the Swans to win more, because at the core of my welsh core, I'm umbilically tied to my ugly lovely town, and will always be Swansea first and foremost..

Fair brings a tear to my eye. Almost.

edit. didn't mean to quote you bh
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 10:43]

Actually it was forced on the Welsh by landowners from the Bristol/Gloucester area.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:20 - Feb 5 with 8330 viewsNeath_Jack

Ah, the first of the hideous i don't like rugby, hope Wales lose threads.

How very original and controversial.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:29 - Feb 5 with 8315 viewsmonmouth

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:34 - Feb 5 by Darran

I hope Wales win,I'd hope Wales would win if it was a Tiddly Winks international though,saying that I won't be giving a f*ck if they lose though.

My wife would say, shouldn't that be the case with all sport, after all it is....sport. She normally adds 'you emotionally stunted prat' when I am either euphoric or grumpy when swans win/lose.

She's right again, isn't she?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024