Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under 19:46 - Feb 8 with 7439 viewsGrandPrix

I remember Mark Clode curling in a cracker against Exeter, I was standing in the terrace behind the goal at the Vetch.....I think I was 15.....

I have loads of soccer Sunday VHS tapes when I used to record highlights of the games...Think I will have to get these transferred to DVD!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 19:50 - Feb 8 with 6403 viewsshandyjack

Curtis V Leeds (used to watch the video of taht season all the time)
Live goal was Psycho V West Ham

Poll: Expectation for the season

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 19:56 - Feb 8 with 6387 viewsPhil_S

From when you were Under 16? Alan Curtis scoring the winner against Southampton at the Vetch in 1982
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 19:59 - Feb 8 with 6379 viewsNeathJack

Joe Allon overhead kick v Them.
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:03 - Feb 8 with 6372 viewsDan_Swan

GP, If you see a teenager jumping up and down behind the goal in a red & grey jacket then that'll be me! I was in the East Terrace around the time when Mark Clode was playing and remember him scoring that end!

I seem to recall an old lady shouting "Come on Roger..." around that time too (when he was at that end). Frightening to think that is over 20 years ago :-o

Still following Dr's orders!

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:03 - Feb 8 with 6372 viewsDarran

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 19:56 - Feb 8 by Phil_S

From when you were Under 16? Alan Curtis scoring the winner against Southampton at the Vetch in 1982

Jeremy Charles to go 2 up against Spuds.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:32 - Feb 8 with 6324 viewsSwansNZ

Curtis v Leeds in 81 was certainly up there, but probably as I've seen it many times since.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:45 - Feb 8 with 6310 viewspencoedjack

33 years next week was my first Swans game

Swansea 2
L. James
Curtis

Liverpool 0

So I will go Leighton as it got me hooked
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:49 - Feb 8 with 6303 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

an Alan Waddle header cant remember who it was against.

will never forget Leighton james curler against preston away, was right behind the goal for that one.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:50 - Feb 8 with 6301 viewsMattG

Gary Stanley against Man City in 81/82 - I was 13, stood on the North Bank. An absolute screamer so etched on my memory that I even remember the name of City's keeper - Alex Williams.

1:50 in the video below :

[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 20:50]
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 6286 viewsBorojack

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:49 - Feb 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

will never forget Leighton james curler against preston away, was right behind the goal for that one.

Jimmy Hadziabjic v Chelsea 1981
And the Max Thompson goal v Arsenal was pretty special.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:14 - Feb 8 with 6260 viewsTNT

George Smith v Hartlepool '77.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 21:27]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:17 - Feb 8 with 6250 viewsJBT95

Mark Gower's screamer vs Norwich
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:41 - Feb 8 with 6215 viewsTNT

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:49 - Feb 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Alan Waddle, Hillingdon Borough '78?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:44 - Feb 8 with 6211 viewsRancid

Max Thompsons volley against Arsenal and Gary Stanleys beauty past Alex Williams.Jimmy Gilligans goal down the West Stand end and right in front of the Cardiff fans was a bit special too and his celebration of sliding on his knees towards the North bank made it even sweeter.
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:44 - Feb 8 with 6211 viewssnork44

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 20:50 - Feb 8 by MattG

Gary Stanley against Man City in 81/82 - I was 13, stood on the North Bank. An absolute screamer so etched on my memory that I even remember the name of City's keeper - Alex Williams.

1:50 in the video below :

[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 20:50]

Just watched that and none of those players would have looked out of place in the Swans team now apart from gummy Dai! Just imagine a Centre half pairing of Ante and Ash, that would have been awesome! As for goals Max Thompsons verses the Arse and a Robbie James screamer v Brentford in the third division
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 21:55]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 21:46 - Feb 8 with 6198 viewsjack247

Didn't start going regularly until I was about 16, so I'm going to cheat and pick one from my 20s.

Matt Bound in the last minute...
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 23:06 - Feb 8 with 6124 viewsQuakerJack

Jonathan Coates' volley against Exeter when we got promoted, the week before Rotherham. Think I may have been 16 at the time.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 23:15 - Feb 8 with 6110 viewsMagic_Michu

My first game against Leyton Orient in 1996... Molby curled a free kick past Peter Shilton.

I was sat front row of the East Stand upper tier. I was hooked on the Swans from then on!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 23:38 - Feb 8 with 6087 viewspenlan_jack

The absolute screamer Andy Gurney scored down the Vetch, trying to remember who it was against.
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 23:47 - Feb 8 with 6079 viewschris_jack

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 23:38 - Feb 8 by penlan_jack

The absolute screamer Andy Gurney scored down the Vetch, trying to remember who it was against.

Was 14 when James Thomas scored that hat - trick
I watch the hull game every 6 months. Still amazing how we stayed up, and liveing the dream
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 01:00 - Feb 9 with 6045 viewsParlay

Id give you a few quid for a copy! Been looking for ages for some soccer sunday clips of the mid 90's

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 06:24 - Feb 9 with 6013 viewsbringyourpoison

Carl Heggs volley against Mansfield, 3-2 swans
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 08:44 - Feb 9 with 5969 viewsswan65split

I must be an old fart then! John Roberts 11 second bundle in along with Keeper just in front of me beneath the old double decker.
A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 5954 viewsUxbridge

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 06:24 - Feb 9 by bringyourpoison

Carl Heggs volley against Mansfield, 3-2 swans

Lush goal that was. Bang in line with me.

Legg vs Stoke and Grobbelaar for me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A Swans goal that has stuck in your memory from when you were aged 16 and under on 10:56 - Feb 9 with 5927 viewsScoobyWho

Max Thompson v Arsenal. Sat on the old mans shoulders in the NB, Fcking incredible times.
A moving mass of 12,000 bodies. Nobody could touch us, we were invincible !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024