Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis tonight 00:46 - Feb 12 with 2842 viewsSA71Jack

I think Gomis had a phenomenal game tonight, wasn't his fault we didn't score and did badly tonight. World class movement, worked hard, tracked back. Good headed clearance in the first half from that corner. All the abuse is unfounded and inaccurate. Bafe YJB!
Gomis tonight on 01:11 - Feb 12 with 2799 viewsUplandsJack

Can't disagree with that...
Gomis tonight on 01:12 - Feb 12 with 2795 viewsScoobyWho

Outstanding player.
He is Jack !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis tonight on 09:28 - Feb 12 with 2568 viewsSheffieldjack

If that was a "phenomenal game" by Gomis I shudder to think what a bad game would look like.........
Gomis tonight on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 2519 viewsAmpadu

Surely a wind-up? Gomis plays like a dog chasing a balloon. He is becoming a liability for us. How much longer can we play with 10 men and a player who cannot trap a bag of cement?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Gomis tonight on 10:01 - Feb 12 with 2478 viewswaynekerr55

Gomis tonight on 09:48 - Feb 12 by Ampadu

Surely a wind-up? Gomis plays like a dog chasing a balloon. He is becoming a liability for us. How much longer can we play with 10 men and a player who cannot trap a bag of cement?

Bring back Pat that's what I say!

F*cking love the avatar!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gomis tonight on 10:07 - Feb 12 with 2465 viewsItchySphincter

Phenomenal is a bit over the top but I suspect you already know that. The reaction towards him and the performance rather than the result is also pretty hysterical. We dropped a boIIock and I'm not denying it but as a performance it was one of our better ones since Christmas.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gomis tonight on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 2443 viewsUplandsJack

Gomis tonight on 10:07 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

Phenomenal is a bit over the top but I suspect you already know that. The reaction towards him and the performance rather than the result is also pretty hysterical. We dropped a boIIock and I'm not denying it but as a performance it was one of our better ones since Christmas.

Says a lot about our form over that period if last night was one of our better performances....
Gomis tonight on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 2429 viewsbuilthjack

You obviously we're not at the game

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis tonight on 10:27 - Feb 12 with 2413 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Gomis tonight on 10:17 - Feb 12 by UplandsJack

Says a lot about our form over that period if last night was one of our better performances....

I agree, how fans can equate 65% possession, decent passing and not a single Goal when we lose 2 nil with a better performance than playing poorly, defending like lions and winning 1 nil or drawing I just don't get.
If the "Swansea way" doesn't work because you haven't got anybody who can regularly put the ball in the back of the net then there is not much point in playing it when it leaves you so exposed to 2 fast real Strikers as it did last night.
I don't know how long it is going to take Garry to realise that Gomis is going to have a real problem scoring against PL defenders and goalkeepers.

As I mentioned on the Game post he was a pretty good Defender, but a good PL Striker he is not.
Gomis tonight on 16:18 - Feb 12 with 2201 viewsBobJack

Ideye was avaibable for 3.8million in the Jan transfer window, he looked better quality than Gomis.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Gomis tonight on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 2176 viewsPrivate_Partz

I thought he did ok in a poor team performance. His running off the ball is very good and does create opportunities for Jon Jo. There is still time for him to come good.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gomis tonight on 16:31 - Feb 12 with 2164 viewsBalhamSwan

He had four chances, skied two and hit two down the middle straight at the keeper.

We need better, however he's all we've got at the moment, unless we give Nelson a try, so all we can do is get behind him and hope.
Gomis tonight on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 2098 viewsMorSwan

Phenomenal? No chance. World class movement? Far from it, he made no effort to find space to even give himself a chance, nor did he attack anything coming in to the box. Tracked back? I spent the game wondering why he stood around and didn't go after the ball.

Poll: What striker would you want?

Gomis tonight on 17:54 - Feb 12 with 2049 viewsNeath_Jack

Gomis tonight on 10:07 - Feb 12 by ItchySphincter

I was saying the same on Twitter last night, RE the performance. Other than our defensive display against the Saints, i thought we looked better last night than we have for a while. Actually stringing a couple of passes together, getting forwards well. Where we fell down was the final f*cking third, most annoyingly. As our players were getting in and near the box is was if they had forgotten what to do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gomis tonight on 00:04 - Feb 13 with 1855 viewsDyfnant

SA71Jack, you are Bafetimbi Gomis and I claim my £50,000

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gomis tonight on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 1723 viewsbathgatejack

Gomis tonight on 00:04 - Feb 13 by Dyfnant

SA71Jack, you are Bafetimbi Gomis and I claim my £50,000

He was rank rotten. Pure school boy stuff. Total Barry white.
Gomis tonight on 10:34 - Feb 13 with 1696 viewsThornburyswan

Gomis tonight on 16:23 - Feb 12 by Private_Partz

I thought he did ok in a poor team performance. His running off the ball is very good and does create opportunities for Jon Jo. There is still time for him to come good.

This - he was ok for me, first touch was sometimes good but not always looked to lack confidence in front of goal & his prime chance late on - free header from Montero's cross - was poor.

That said we were woeful in terms of creativity & whilst it was clear Montero could skin their RB all night we failed to (1) get the ball to him often enough & (2) didn't commit enough men into the box for his pull backs.

To be fair to Pulis/WBA they set-up to stifle us from second 1 & once they got the first goal it lefted them & their fans - I strongly suspect if we had scored first their fans would have got very edgy & it would have been a different 2nd half.

Too many of our players were in the 4 - 6 out of 10 range in performance terms on the night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024