Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One For The Oldies 22:07 - Feb 13 with 18473 viewsbonymine

Remember the old half time scoreboard at the Vetch at the East Bank end ?

A guy on a ladder putting up boards with the scores on and looking in the match programme for the corresponding match ABCDE etc .............

Also, anyone remember the Sheff Wednesday game at the Vetch when Wednesday fans were 'banned' from away games but then hundreds appeared from nowhere in the Double Decker singing all game our stewards were clueless but all harmless fun ............great times !!!!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

One For The Oldies on 00:19 - Aug 1 with 1410 viewstheloneranger

Northampton player Frank Large sent off for punching a Swans fan down the Vetch, while still on the pitch.

In the same match Peter Hawkins (ex Penlan school) also sent off for Northampton.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

One For The Oldies on 08:30 - Aug 1 with 1338 viewsfishman

One For The Oldies on 22:20 - Feb 13 by bonymine

Remember that banner : Alan Waddle lays on more balls than Fiona Richmond.......................Classic

My old mate Carl "Moon" Morgan ,who was [ is ] a sign writer done the banner
One For The Oldies on 08:36 - Aug 1 with 1329 viewsswan65split

One For The Oldies on 00:19 - Aug 1 by theloneranger

Northampton player Frank Large sent off for punching a Swans fan down the Vetch, while still on the pitch.

In the same match Peter Hawkins (ex Penlan school) also sent off for Northampton.

remember that, not sure if it was the fan confrontation , or kicking the ball that his the boy sitting on the wall behind the goal, admit to forgetting about Hawkins being sent off.
One For The Oldies on 08:59 - Aug 1 with 1320 viewstheloneranger

One For The Oldies on 08:36 - Aug 1 by swan65split

remember that, not sure if it was the fan confrontation , or kicking the ball that his the boy sitting on the wall behind the goal, admit to forgetting about Hawkins being sent off.

He slammed the ball into the family enclosure hitting the boy after he had disputed a decision by the ref, and the fan (father?) ran on to the pitch and hit Frank Large.
Large retaliated and the ref sent him off. No further action was taken against Large because it was deemed self defence.

Jesus that was 50 years ago, only a few months before TM on the train coming back from Leeds in the FA Cup 😇😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

One For The Oldies on 10:29 - Aug 1 with 1296 viewsswan65split

One For The Oldies on 08:59 - Aug 1 by theloneranger

He slammed the ball into the family enclosure hitting the boy after he had disputed a decision by the ref, and the fan (father?) ran on to the pitch and hit Frank Large.
Large retaliated and the ref sent him off. No further action was taken against Large because it was deemed self defence.

Jesus that was 50 years ago, only a few months before TM on the train coming back from Leeds in the FA Cup 😇😂

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=14a5BAAAQBAJ&pg=PT97&lpg=PT97&dq=frank+large

The answer was wrong,he didnt go to the boy, he turned his back and walked away.

50 years !!! feck me!
One For The Oldies on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 1263 viewsjazzswan

Lets have a look at the old scoreboard...[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/15gza12.jpg[/IMG]
One For The Oldies on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 1201 viewsswan65split

One For The Oldies on 00:19 - Aug 1 by theloneranger

Petrs Bro was Denis of Leeds and Shrews
One For The Oldies on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 1155 viewsTNT

Has the wooden crutch being lobbed from The North Bank onto the Vetch pitch, for an opponent rolling around feigning injury, been mentioned?

Also, remember someone coming round the houses to collect people's Pools Coupons and Spot The Ball entries.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

One For The Oldies on 22:50 - Aug 1 with 1136 viewsraynor94

One For The Oldies on 10:29 - Aug 1 by swan65split

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=14a5BAAAQBAJ&pg=PT97&lpg=PT97&dq=frank+large

The answer was wrong,he didnt go to the boy, he turned his back and walked away.

50 years !!! feck me!

Large hit the ball and it a kid behind the goal (west terrace?) If I remember right, started to walk back to the half way line, boys father followed Frank and attacked him and Frank fought back and got sent off. My memory of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

One For The Oldies on 00:05 - Aug 2 with 1109 viewsPentyrchJack

I remember dogs running on the pitch and nosing the ball around the Vetch as they could get beneath the turnstiles.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

One For The Oldies on 01:00 - Aug 2 with 1095 viewsTim_Harry

One For The Oldies on 13:52 - Aug 1 by jazzswan

Lets have a look at the old scoreboard...[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/15gza12.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for that.

My first ever Swans game was Arsenal in 1981. The 'new' stand had been built then. Not many photos of the East Terrace around and that's the first one I've seen from that angle.

Cheers!
One For The Oldies on 08:20 - Aug 2 with 1056 viewsfishman

One For The Oldies on 15:56 - Apr 26 by swan_si

if that's the same Carl Morgan from St Thomas, top bloke.

Thats the very man ,Waun Wen lad
One For The Oldies on 08:24 - Aug 2 with 1045 viewsfishman

One For The Oldies on 17:14 - Apr 27 by Oldjack

the plot thickens, is your name Colin or John by any chance, if memory serves me correct ,didn't Carl fall off the smaller version of the old double roof whilst painting it seriously knackering his back?

Yes Al ,did not even get paid Compensation ,him and another fella Damian Riddler were the 2 that fell ,i think Carl broke his hip ,it was after a rain shower and Carl said the roof was like a sheet of ice ,no safety ropes/harness
One For The Oldies on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 1014 viewsMuteswan

One For The Oldies on 08:59 - Aug 1 by theloneranger

I’m with you on this, I seem to remember that he smashed the ball into the crowd and hit a young boy . I was on the North Bank and I thought it happened on the opposite side of the pitch from me not behind the goals. Saying that it was a long time ago. 🙄
One For The Oldies on 14:38 - Aug 2 with 985 viewsJohnw102

One For The Oldies on 00:10 - Feb 14 by marchamjack

do you remember that photo of Fiona Richmond in the players bath with Malcolm Allison when he was Palace manager after the Chelsea cup game, him with a massive cigar (this is not a euphamism...)

she was nice

[IMG] http://i66.tinypic.com/29fxndc.jpg[/IMG]

To old to get this posting pictures thing, but sure some clever one out there will do it for me! anyway think this is the pic you are on about!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

One For The Oldies on 19:03 - Oct 29 with 518 viewsbonymine

Feel this is still worthy of a bump from 6 years ago especially on a Saturday night …..

Must still be lots of anecdotes out there from the old Vetch eh 🤷🏼‍♂️ ❤️❤️

One For The Oldies on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 510 viewsbonymine

One For The Oldies on 10:19 - Feb 14 by builthjack

The stamping of feet in the old wooden stand was classic

My first ever season ticket in the Double Decker there with my Dad in 1977

‘Swansea …….stamp, stamp, stamp !!! ‘

Wonderful memories.

One For The Oldies on 19:43 - Oct 29 with 491 viewsbuilthjack

One For The Oldies on 19:13 - Oct 29 by bonymine

My first ever season ticket in the Double Decker there with my Dad in 1977

‘Swansea …….stamp, stamp, stamp !!! ‘

Wonderful memories.

My first game in 68 , I was in the double decker. Stamp stamp stamp every time we attacked.
Great for a kid.
My first game on the North bank was the Villa game, Xmas 71, almost 25000 there if memory serves me right.
Probably a lot more unofficially.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

One For The Oldies on 19:44 - Oct 29 with 484 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

endless stories and memories from the vetch remember old score board my first ever game sitting in old double decker, arsenal in fa cup record crowd my old man put me on wall then arsenal player almost collided with me ian ure , he just laughed and patted me on head the memories are endless real fans liberty not fit the lace the old girls boots
One For The Oldies on 19:45 - Oct 29 with 483 viewsKeithHaynes

One For The Oldies on 19:03 - Oct 29 by bonymine

Feel this is still worthy of a bump from 6 years ago especially on a Saturday night …..

Must still be lots of anecdotes out there from the old Vetch eh 🤷🏼‍♂️ ❤️❤️

Superb move 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

One For The Oldies on 19:51 - Oct 29 with 466 viewsbuilthjack

I can still smell the place.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

One For The Oldies on 20:18 - Oct 29 with 447 views1462jack

One For The Oldies on 19:51 - Oct 29 by builthjack

I can still smell the place.

Football has never been the same for me since we left
One For The Oldies on 20:23 - Oct 29 with 434 viewsbuilthjack

One For The Oldies on 20:18 - Oct 29 by 1462jack

Football has never been the same for me since we left

It had the Triple P
Passion, Pi$$, and Pasties.

One For The Oldies on 20:45 - Oct 29 with 413 viewsploppy

Walking into the North Bank, I always thought it smelled of cigars. And yet, I don't recall seeing anyone smoking a cigar.
One For The Oldies on 21:21 - Oct 29 with 393 viewsswan65split

One For The Oldies on 20:45 - Oct 29 by ploppy

Walking into the North Bank, I always thought it smelled of cigars. And yet, I don't recall seeing anyone smoking a cigar.

Which entrance? left ot right?

I was a cigar smoker....lets see if it was me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024