Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brown Ideye 08:23 - Feb 15 with 2639 viewsquiff

Just goes to show what can happen when a player who has looked useless most of the season is given a bit of time to bed in, with the confidence of goals and some consideration taken of the way he plays....

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Brown Ideye on 08:32 - Feb 15 with 2627 viewsWhiterockin

I know what you are suggesting but we have no hope in hell.
Brown Ideye on 08:57 - Feb 15 with 2579 viewsblaine_scfc

No chance am I writing off Gomis yet. With a goal or two he will come into form. All you need to do is look back at the criticism Bony was getting, not good enough, lazy all the rest of it. Season later he is off to the premier league champions for £28 million.

I am not saying Gomis is ever going to be as good as Bony, but he will get us goals in this league, we just need to adapt as we had to when Bony replaced Michu.
Brown Ideye on 10:13 - Feb 15 with 2454 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brown Ideye on 08:57 - Feb 15 by blaine_scfc

No chance am I writing off Gomis yet. With a goal or two he will come into form. All you need to do is look back at the criticism Bony was getting, not good enough, lazy all the rest of it. Season later he is off to the premier league champions for £28 million.

I am not saying Gomis is ever going to be as good as Bony, but he will get us goals in this league, we just need to adapt as we had to when Bony replaced Michu.

Which just goes to show that there is no comparison between the two players.
Ideye played 761 minutes, scored 3 and 1 assist, shot accuracy 76%
Gomis played 983 minutes scored 1 goal and no assists, shot accuracy 26% and the goal was a header.

Keep repeating the Mantra
He will come good with more playing time Hommm
Brown Ideye on 10:18 - Feb 15 with 2442 viewsWhiterockin

Brown Ideye on 08:57 - Feb 15 by blaine_scfc

With Bony you could see that he would come good. He was getting in good positions and hitting the target and it was only a matter of time before he would score and come good.

Gomis cant hit the target. Add to that he is a first class tw@t who thinks he is better than he is. Face facts we signed a dud.
Brown Ideye on 10:38 - Feb 15 with 2406 viewslibertine

so why did we sign him?Did we sign a striker who could not score, or does he not want to score???

hes not Bony and we are saying comments like his holding up play is just not good enough, no its not as good as Bony correct!!!

we have to change our play to suit him

alternatively

bring strikers in that are suitable to our style of play whatever that might be!

we cannot change a players style

lets put him in defence and bring Ashley up front

get the ball to him and he will score, there is no question of that.

ideye has benefitted from a change of manager, who is a master of tactics
Brown Ideye on 11:19 - Feb 15 with 2357 viewsSenhin

Brown Ideye on 10:13 - Feb 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Which just goes to show that there is no comparison between the two players.
Ideye played 761 minutes, scored 3 and 1 assist, shot accuracy 76%
Gomis played 983 minutes scored 1 goal and no assists, shot accuracy 26% and the goal was a header.

Keep repeating the Mantra
He will come good with more playing time Hommm

what has the goal being a header got to do with anything?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Brown Ideye on 11:48 - Feb 15 with 2309 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brown Ideye on 11:19 - Feb 15 by Senhin

The simple fact that he can't score with his feet because he can barely hit the goal.
Brown Ideye on 11:49 - Feb 15 with 2307 viewsquiff

Brown Ideye on 11:19 - Feb 15 by Senhin

He hasn't included the FA cup (where he scored twice at Tranmere) either.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Brown Ideye on 11:51 - Feb 15 with 2301 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brown Ideye on 10:38 - Feb 15 by libertine

so why did we sign him?Did we sign a striker who could not score, or does he not want to score???

hes not Bony and we are saying comments like his holding up play is just not good enough, no its not as good as Bony correct!!!

we have to change our play to suit him

alternatively

bring strikers in that are suitable to our style of play whatever that might be!

we cannot change a players style

lets put him in defence and bring Ashley up front

get the ball to him and he will score, there is no question of that.

ideye has benefitted from a change of manager, who is a master of tactics

They bought him based on his experience and record.
Unfortunately his International record and in the French Leagues has not translated to Goals against Premier League Defences and Goal keepers.
At his age it is not likely to get much better is it?
Brown Ideye on 12:40 - Feb 15 with 2256 viewssixpenses

Brown Ideye on 11:51 - Feb 15 by A_Fans_Dad

They bought him based on his experience and record.
Unfortunately his International record and in the French Leagues has not translated to Goals against Premier League Defences and Goal keepers.
At his age it is not likely to get much better is it?

Let's hope not or you are going to look really silly

How did you think he played against Chelsea at theirs when we were making them look very average?

He also quite clearly created a goal that was not attributed to him

Also when in the same playing time Bony had scored 6 he only scored the last 2 at the end of that period and importantly had actually had almost twice the playing time by then because of the almost full European time he was getting which massively helped him to integrate with the team and the team play to his style.

Gomis has had dribs and drabs and of late when he has had more time we have been playing some poor negative stuff not best fitted to to his style. In fact markedly disjoint across the whole team.

Interestingly though as well as giving us our fantastic win when he came on as sub at the end against Arsenal, his goal also earned us twice as many additional PL points as Bony's did in the same period. Until the end of March last season Bony's goals had earned us a total of just 1 additional PL point.
Brown Ideye on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 2227 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brown Ideye on 12:40 - Feb 15 by sixpenses

Let's hope not or you are going to look really silly

How did you think he played against Chelsea at theirs when we were making them look very average?

He also quite clearly created a goal that was not attributed to him

Also when in the same playing time Bony had scored 6 he only scored the last 2 at the end of that period and importantly had actually had almost twice the playing time by then because of the almost full European time he was getting which massively helped him to integrate with the team and the team play to his style.

Gomis has had dribs and drabs and of late when he has had more time we have been playing some poor negative stuff not best fitted to to his style. In fact markedly disjoint across the whole team.

Interestingly though as well as giving us our fantastic win when he came on as sub at the end against Arsenal, his goal also earned us twice as many additional PL points as Bony's did in the same period. Until the end of March last season Bony's goals had earned us a total of just 1 additional PL point.

Keep spinning it sixpences. It is not my fault you don't want to face reality.
As to me looking silly, I just base my point on his PL Experience to date.
I would be absolutley delighted to be proved wrong as Swansea desperately need someone to score goals in the matches leading up to the end of the Season.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2015 13:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024