Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! 12:27 - Feb 22 with 5951 viewsquiff

Hope I'm not being negative on what has been (yet another) great weekend to be a Swans fan.

Just read through Phil's address on the other thread and was startled to see how few have paid up membership (especially as I'd hope recent events have led to a spike in membership)

The last few days have been a reminder to us all how hard the trust works and how vital the role they play is in making us the special club that we are. I'd encourage everyone to get full membership as I'm sure this won't be the last time we need them (I'm not on commission before anyone asks!)

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:30 - Feb 22 with 4880 viewsJackfath

I am sure there are many who think their ST gives them full membership, not just the "emembership".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:32 - Feb 22 with 4877 viewsexiledclaseboy

A major factor in that low figure is the fact that many, many people assumed they were full Trust members by virtue of being season ticket holders. I certainly did until a few months ago and I know many others did too. That was a failing on the part of the Trust's communication and it's good that steps are now being taken to address that.

Poll: Tory leader

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:34 - Feb 22 with 4858 viewsDr_Winston

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:32 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

A major factor in that low figure is the fact that many, many people assumed they were full Trust members by virtue of being season ticket holders. I certainly did until a few months ago and I know many others did too. That was a failing on the part of the Trust's communication and it's good that steps are now being taken to address that.

Same here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:36 - Feb 22 with 4845 viewsmorningstar

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:32 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

Maybe it would be a good idea for phil or someone to put a sticky thread up on this page explaining this in detail with a link to the 'sign up to the trust' page?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 12:39]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:37 - Feb 22 with 4834 viewsexiledclaseboy

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:36 - Feb 22 by morningstar

Maybe it would be a good idea for phil or someone to put a sticky thread up on this page explaining this in detail with a link to the 'sign up to the trust' page?

I think that's a very good idea, although I'd suggest using the correct variation of the word "to".

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Poll: Tory leader

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:41 - Feb 22 with 4815 viewsmorningstar

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:37 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

I think that's a very good idea, although I'd suggest using the correct variation of the word "to".

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I removed the one on the left side!

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:42 - Feb 22 with 4812 viewsSwanseajill

Good thinking G.
Much better than the song for Gomis one.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:42 - Feb 22 with 4808 viewsJackfath

I made that suggestion weeks (if not months) ago. Just saying.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:48 - Feb 22 with 4783 viewsmorningstar

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:42 - Feb 22 by Swanseajill

Good thinking G.
Much better than the song for Gomis one.

Yes I think so!

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:59 - Feb 22 with 4751 viewsJackArmy07

Joined back up after reading the trust statement

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 14:39 - Feb 22 with 4650 viewsshimmie

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 12:59 - Feb 22 by JackArmy07

Joined back up after reading the trust statement

And me.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 15:01 - Feb 22 with 4603 viewsSTEVE1

I thought I was a full member by being a season ticket holder I have not read info on the difference but assumed it us to do with voting writes so what info do the scaled down version get and is it worth having.

With the Trust being rarely comfortable money wise would it be practice to give every season ticket holder full membership for free.

Just a few questions which maybe Phil could give me his opinion on.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 15:07 - Feb 22 with 4583 viewsjackonicko

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 15:01 - Feb 22 by STEVE1

I thought I was a full member by being a season ticket holder I have not read info on the difference but assumed it us to do with voting writes so what info do the scaled down version get and is it worth having.

With the Trust being rarely comfortable money wise would it be practice to give every season ticket holder full membership for free.

With e-membership you get told what's happening. For a tenner, you get a voice on what's happening and a say on the outcome.

Seems a no brainer to me.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 15:26 - Feb 22 with 4551 viewsPhil_S

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 15:01 - Feb 22 by STEVE1

The answer for this Steve for me lies in this particular thread on the funds part

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/139691/a-pipe-dream.../#

In terms of the difference, am uncomfortable in giving 12000 people free membership and therefore voting rights. Would be far more comfortable for those voting rights to go to people who pay for the privilege and therefore probably have a better understanding of the importance of them?
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 16:09 - Feb 22 with 4484 viewsLord_Bony

Well worth a tenner a year.

Do it today...simples

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 20:24 - Feb 22 with 4326 viewsGlyn1

Great idea and I agree completely.

I signed up to the Trust because I don't have a season ticket so wasn't misled but I can see that there would be confusion. Should the club add a web page that links to the Trust when renewing an ST, or would that compromise the Trust's independence?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 20:25]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 20:36 - Feb 22 with 4299 viewsSwansNZ

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 20:24 - Feb 22 by Glyn1

Great idea and I agree completely.

I signed up to the Trust because I don't have a season ticket so wasn't misled but I can see that there would be confusion. Should the club add a web page that links to the Trust when renewing an ST, or would that compromise the Trust's independence?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 20:25]

With the season ticket e-membership, shouldn’t the trust have been emailing all these to inform them about the full membership, the benefits and how to join?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 20:37 - Feb 22 with 4298 viewsEdmundo

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 16:09 - Feb 22 by Lord_Bony

Well worth a tenner a year.

Do it today...simples

Exactomundo......voting right for the price of 3 pints of the crap beer sold in the stadium 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 09:29 - Feb 23 with 4182 viewsAngelRangelQS

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 20:36 - Feb 22 by SwansNZ

With the season ticket e-membership, shouldn’t the trust have been emailing all these to inform them about the full membership, the benefits and how to join?

Should be all over social media too
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 4180 viewsUxbridge

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 09:29 - Feb 23 by AngelRangelQS

Should be all over social media too

In fairness, it's been included in all comms over recent months and mentioned many times on other media. It's a fair criticism 6 months ago but not so much now IMO.

I gather numbers have gone up by another 100 or so over the weekend alone. Great stuff.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 09:54 - Feb 23 with 4149 viewstomdickharry

It was Planet Swans who drew attention to fans that voting rights were only the right of the paid members of the Trust back last autumn when the "Investment" word first appeared, before that time no one cared a toss despite the fact being widely published by the Trust. However, a great deal of good has come out of the ensuing discussions,now perhaps we can all get back to "Monk out" "Dyer is crap" and so on.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 10:40 - Feb 23 with 4106 viewsGretsch

Just paid up for mine, as will the others I go with, I always used to pay, but when we got in the Premier it seemed like we didn't need to, ignorance I suppose, still paid up for the raffles every year though.

Really need a big campaign for this though, bit of advertising, word of mouth, flyers in the local pubs maybe.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 10:52 - Feb 23 with 4086 viewsWitneyjack

Just joined up again online. Such an easy process. So come on, let's get more paid members.
1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 10:53 - Feb 23 with 4083 viewsbuilthjack

How about doing a printable version of a flyer on here, so everyone can put one up in their local pub etc
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 10:54]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

1100 Paid up memberships for the trust?! on 11:02 - Feb 23 with 4060 viewsfbreath

I know the trust have their POD by the West Stand (as I go into the ground near the gate were it is located) but how many people are they missing who come to the ground by alternative routes.
Perhaps a few people before a few home games could hand out flyer or something similair to make people aware.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024