Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elite dangerous. 00:15 - Mar 1 with 6589 viewsClydachjack

Any other commander's on here?
Elite dangerous. on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 5236 viewsLord_Bony

More of a flight sim and Black Ops guy myself but was interested to learn they ve recently put in the planet Vulcan....in honour of Mr Spook..

http://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dangerous/elite-dangerous-to-see-new-station-orbit
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 10:21]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Elite dangerous. (n/t) on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 5236 viewsLord_Bony

[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 10:20]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Elite dangerous. (n/t) on 18:11 - Mar 1 with 5154 viewsjackonicko

Elite dangerous. (n/t) on 10:18 - Mar 1 by Lord_Bony

[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 10:20]

What's the new version like?

I made elite status on the BBC Micro back in the day. Loved that game...
Elite dangerous. on 18:16 - Mar 1 with 5145 viewsblueytheblue

Got it recently but it's somewhat on the backburner for me. Hate the game when yu don't have a docking computer...

Got the X series to run through too. Those weren't too bad.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Elite dangerous. on 18:28 - Mar 1 with 5125 viewsjackonicko

Elite dangerous. on 18:16 - Mar 1 by blueytheblue

Got it recently but it's somewhat on the backburner for me. Hate the game when yu don't have a docking computer...

Got the X series to run through too. Those weren't too bad.

This is potentially very geeky, but I figured out how to avoid the need for docking computer on the beeb version.

Approach the Space station and circle around until you find the entrance. Fly towards the entrance from any angle and get as close as you possibly can. Don't worry about the angle. Then kill the speed to zero and then climb / dive / roll until you are locked onto dead centre of the orbited planet.

Add some speed and fly towards the planet. Then kill speed to zero again, dive or climb 180 degrees. You will then be locked straight onto the space station entrance. Add a bit of speed and tweak the roll to keep the letterbox horizontal. You fly straight in!

I did say it was geeky, but might work on the new version.
Elite dangerous. on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 5105 viewsblueytheblue

Oh, yeah, can do it on the new version. Just find it all incredibly fiddly, better things to do with my time...

Have to get bck into it and get that docking computer sorted ;)

Elite dangerous. on 19:15 - Mar 1 with 5103 viewsJackfath

What on earth are you talking about?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Elite dangerous. on 19:49 - Mar 1 with 5073 viewsdickythorpe

Elite dangerous. on 19:15 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

Innit!!!
Go get some fresh air ffs!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Elite dangerous. on 13:40 - Mar 2 with 4996 viewsClydachjack

The docking computer is pretty cheap, and still plays that tune as it docks :D

I'm flying a fully loaded bounty hunting viper, 2 beam lasers and 2 C2 multicannons.

Get the sol permit and you can fly around earth.
Elite dangerous. on 13:43 - Mar 2 with 4992 viewsItchySphincter

Elite dangerous. on 19:15 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

Ha! that was going to be my post!

Answer to the question not required.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Elite dangerous. on 13:45 - Mar 2 with 4989 viewsDDCH

Elite dangerous. on 13:40 - Mar 2 by Clydachjack

The docking computer is pretty cheap, and still plays that tune as it docks :D

I'm flying a fully loaded bounty hunting viper, 2 beam lasers and 2 C2 multicannons.

Get the sol permit and you can fly around earth.

Have only managed about an hour on it as work is punishing at the moment, but found it very difficult to control with keyboard and mouse. Docking is almost and impossibility. Need to give it some more time before I make judgement

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Elite dangerous. on 17:34 - Mar 2 with 4936 viewsClydachjack

Buy a Black Widow flightstick, they are about £25 in pc world and you will find the game much better.
Elite dangerous. on 19:22 - Mar 2 with 4912 viewsphact0rri

I been thinking of picking it up, it looks interesting, and maybe a place holder for No Man's Sky which I'm really looking forward too. The write ups I've read have given me mixed feelings though.

Does it rate like an updated Wing Commander/freelancer type experience?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Elite dangerous. on 19:33 - Mar 2 with 4907 viewsjack_lord

I was really hoping this was going to be a thread about the Royal Marines. This is so fu ckinly disappointing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Elite dangerous. on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 4904 viewsDDCH

Have heard a stick is the way to go......might have to go up the attic and get my logitech wingman out of retirement.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Elite dangerous. on 19:38 - Mar 2 with 4902 viewsblueytheblue

Elite dangerous. on 19:22 - Mar 2 by phact0rri

I been thinking of picking it up, it looks interesting, and maybe a place holder for No Man's Sky which I'm really looking forward too. The write ups I've read have given me mixed feelings though.

Does it rate like an updated Wing Commander/freelancer type experience?

It rates like a turbocharged Elite tbh.

Elite dangerous. on 22:12 - Mar 2 with 4851 viewsLord_Bony

I m tempted to buy the graphics look great...but trying to shoot down an enemy looks way too cumbersome on the tutorial vids....

I ve played Gainjun Star Conflict recently but much prefer their War Thunder WW2 aviation sim...

Elite dangerous. on 22:19 - Mar 2 with 4846 viewsblueytheblue

Taking down enemies can be cumbersome, can be "simple". Just depends upon your craft, configuration, reflexes. I lack the last of those, sadly.

Elite dangerous. on 06:54 - Mar 3 with 4786 viewsphact0rri

Elite dangerous. on 19:38 - Mar 2 by blueytheblue

It rates like a turbocharged Elite tbh.

sorry mate I haven't played anything in the series. I'm not an overly big fan of the genre. Actually I haven't played a worthwhile space sim since Wing Commander III-- and I was about 11 years old.

Elite dangerous. on 09:18 - Mar 3 with 4759 viewsblueytheblue

Well, basically it's an open ended game. Become a pirate? Become a bounty hunter? Explorer? Trader? All your choice. You make your money, you buy craft, equip craft to play the way you want to.

The concept more than anything takes getting used to because it's not a game with a definitive end point.`

Elite dangerous. on 21:16 - Mar 3 with 4704 viewsClydachjack

And if you play the open mode then it's multiplayer, so at anytime you might bump into a real person not a computer controlled ship. What you choose to do is up to you, you can chat with them, team up with them or attack them.

The other day I was cruising around sol and picked up a signal way off, went for a nose and it turned out to be voyager 2, when you get close it even plays the recording that it does in real life, greetings from earth etc, one bit is in Welsh :D
Elite dangerous. on 21:31 - Mar 3 with 4693 viewsphact0rri

So its like Privateer or Freelancer by the sounds of it. I might give it a go, if I see a sale.

Elite dangerous. on 21:33 - Mar 3 with 4692 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah, both of those built off the original Elite series. The X series was also incredibly heavily influenced. I quite liked that one.

Elite dangerous. on 22:32 - Mar 3 with 4678 viewsClydachjack

I'm thinking of getting voice attack so you can talk to you're ship and give it commands.

Saving up for an asp Explorer and heading into the core, do some discovery.
Elite dangerous. on 22:41 - Mar 3 with 4671 viewsphact0rri

Elite dangerous. on 21:33 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Yeah, both of those built off the original Elite series. The X series was also incredibly heavily influenced. I quite liked that one.

Oh I remember X. I still have X2 on disc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024