Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've started doing photography 09:51 - Mar 5 with 46409 viewsTheArtChappy

I bought a nikon coolpix I820 in the summer to take decent photos to paint from, but Ive started to enjoy just taking the photos. Here's a few.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

I've started doing photography on 20:56 - Nov 2 with 4525 viewsJackfath

I've started doing photography on 20:54 - Nov 2 by WxmJax

These were taken with a Canon 60D between yesterday morning and this evening.

They're great snaps. Adderchog.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I've started doing photography on 11:17 - Nov 30 with 4403 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I have no pretensions to being a photographer but i took these on a flight from Swansea airport a couple of weeks ago:

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

I've started doing photography on 23:19 - Dec 30 with 4291 viewsPhil_S

I've started doing photography on 09:19 - Dec 31 with 4242 viewsCaemawrjack

I have been into photography for the last five years or so and I found the Talkphotography forum a very good source for learning. Whether that be composition, exposure triangle, post processing etc.........

Hope it's okay to post a link to the site. > https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/
I've started doing photography on 09:21 - Dec 31 with 4236 viewsPhil_S

I've started doing photography on 09:19 - Dec 31 by Caemawrjack

I have been into photography for the last five years or so and I found the Talkphotography forum a very good source for learning. Whether that be composition, exposure triangle, post processing etc.........

Hope it's okay to post a link to the site. > https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/

Thank you, bookmarked forum!
I've started doing photography on 09:27 - Dec 31 with 4235 viewsCaemawrjack

A few photos from me:

Edit: Not sure why the photos aren't showing?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/22231606484/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/22567198122/in/datetaken/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/15320580086/in/datetaken/
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 9:29]
I've started doing photography on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 4228 viewsPhil_S

I've started doing photography on 09:27 - Dec 31 by Caemawrjack

A few photos from me:

Edit: Not sure why the photos aren't showing?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/22567198122/in/datetaken/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/15320580086/in/datetaken/
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 9:29]

LOve this one

Somewhere there is definitely a planet swans photography club in the making...
I've started doing photography on 09:51 - Dec 31 with 4214 viewsJackfath

I am always enthused when I look at these pictures but am still debating the validity of buying a dlsr vs just using my iphone to take pics.

Is it one of those things that in theiry would be a great buy but in reality would rarely get used?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

I've started doing photography on 10:40 - Dec 31 with 4192 viewsCooperman

I've started doing photography on 09:51 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

I am always enthused when I look at these pictures but am still debating the validity of buying a dlsr vs just using my iphone to take pics.

Is it one of those things that in theiry would be a great buy but in reality would rarely get used?

I find they key to it is thinking ahead... 'Where am I going today that might provide a good photo opportunity?'.

If it could present such an opportunity then put the camera in the car. If the said opportunity doesn't present itself then it quite possibly will next time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

I've started doing photography on 14:37 - Jan 19 with 4100 viewsTheArtChappy

My camera is a bridge camera, it lives in my bag and I take it everywhere I go.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

I've started doing photography on 07:06 - Jan 20 with 4050 viewsTreforys_Jack

I've got an olympus bridge camera. Pretty much a point and click , for the most part it's very good though now and again I've been disappointed with the results, which is probably my fault. My batteries ran out at the IWM a few months ago so I took out my Samsung S6 thinking oh well a half decent picture is better than none at all. I was astonished how good they came out, some were much better than my camera to be fair. The advancement of smart phones has been incredible.
I've started doing photography on 13:18 - Jan 20 with 3988 viewsDewi1jack

Just starting to get back into photography. Just getting the enthusiasm and the eye back in!
Bought an Olympus bridge as a starter. My old Pratika (Edit Practika, Pratika is at Bolton!) 35SLR that I bought back in 1980 gave up the ghost and I sort of gave up.
My only whinge about the Olympus is the rate it eats batteries (carry around 20 rechargeables.)
Took this one at the International Air Tattoo (really wish I'd had my old camera) and even at a fair distance, thought the bridge did a pretty good job

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Dewi1jack/media/P1011318_zpspw5uyfmw.jpg.html?

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Dewi1jack/media/P1011318_zpsulvoflbf.jpg.html?

Sorry.
Haven't worked out how to post photos. Only just got a photobucket account
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 13:23]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I've started doing photography on 03:44 - May 27 with 3787 viewsPhil_S

I've started doing photography on 07:10 - May 27 with 3769 viewsLord_Bony

Hmm. So that's where you ve been hiding the last month Phil... nice..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I've started doing photography on 14:03 - May 27 with 3715 viewsLoyal

My mate foggy has got a flakey bell end which looks like a Swiss mountain scene.
Something you would be interested in photographing ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I've started doing photography on 18:27 - May 27 with 3684 viewsGowerjack

I've started doing photography on 11:17 - Nov 30 by Joe_bradshaw

I have no pretensions to being a photographer but i took these on a flight from Swansea airport a couple of weeks ago:

Thers my house in the top one

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

I've started doing photography on 18:47 - May 27 with 3675 viewsmonmouth

I've started doing photography on 14:37 - Jan 19 by TheArtChappy

My camera is a bridge camera, it lives in my bag and I take it everywhere I go.

You take a bag everywhere you go?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I've started doing photography on 22:15 - May 28 with 3606 viewsDarran

A fella called Mark Rigdon just posted this on the Port Talbot Photos Facebook page saying.

"My latest capture of Jupiter with the Great red spot on show.Captured with my 8'' reflector and a 3x barlow lens and a webcam fixed to my scope and to my laptop. to look at Jupiter"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I've started doing photography on 18:13 - Aug 30 with 3255 viewscsf

I've started doing photography on 17:20 - Mar 6 by Phil_S

I've got a digital SLR but am crap at taking photos in it - its wasted on me as I spend too much time in "auto" mode and not enough using all the settings which just confuse me

Theres a bit of interest in it on here we should get a few together and learn from each other?

My digital SLR is probably 5 years old by now so a little outdated but would invest in a new one if I thought I could produce pictures like the ones in this thread (and most definitely like the ones that Nomad shoots which are just phenomenal)

A Planet Swans photography club...!!

Short story long, my mother-in-law when she was alive loved Il Divo, Katherine Jenkins and photographs. So to get the most of her trips to see the above two she got herself a Canon 400D, with a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens.

When she died, my wife and her sister have agreed they will share the camera. It's been our turn lately and she has really got into it, purely as a beginner, as I'm learning more i've enjoyed it too, especially running alongside the feeding birds in the garden thread!!

Would be really interested in resurredting this thread, especially the part in Phil's post about learning together.
I've started doing photography on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 3251 viewsJackfath

I've started doing photography on 18:13 - Aug 30 by csf

Short story long, my mother-in-law when she was alive loved Il Divo, Katherine Jenkins and photographs. So to get the most of her trips to see the above two she got herself a Canon 400D, with a 18-55mm lens and a 75-300mm lens.

When she died, my wife and her sister have agreed they will share the camera. It's been our turn lately and she has really got into it, purely as a beginner, as I'm learning more i've enjoyed it too, especially running alongside the feeding birds in the garden thread!!

Would be really interested in resurredting this thread, especially the part in Phil's post about learning together.

I too bought a camera recently. It's a LUMIX D2. I bought it on gumtree.

I've started doing photography on 18:51 - Aug 30 with 3237 viewscsf

I've started doing photography on 18:21 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

I too bought a camera recently. It's a LUMIX D2. I bought it on gumtree.

have you used it much?? How are you finding it? Without trawling through the thread again, was it you wondering on the benefits over an iphone camera? If so are you noticing a difference?
I've started doing photography on 18:54 - Aug 30 with 3233 viewsJackfath

I've started doing photography on 18:51 - Aug 30 by csf

have you used it much?? How are you finding it? Without trawling through the thread again, was it you wondering on the benefits over an iphone camera? If so are you noticing a difference?

Yes I'm enjoying using it. Only taken shots using the full automatic mode but I've bought a book and hope to experiment soon. It was me asking about the iPhone/dslr difference and so far I'm preferring the lumix.

I've started doing photography on 19:07 - Aug 30 with 3227 viewslifelong

I've started doing photography on 18:51 - Aug 30 by csf

I use a LUMIX TZ70, which is a digital camera,it suits me for what I use it for, 60x zoom easy to carry around with you, very good quality stills and video. They are down to about £250 new.
I've started doing photography on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 3190 viewscsf

Mrs CSF decided she was bored tonight so at 7:20 we decided to go up Morris Castle, not somewhere she had been before. This is probably the pick of the bunch. We weren't there too long and next time she wants to work on getting more of the sky etc.

I've started doing photography on 19:41 - Aug 31 with 3132 viewsPhil_S

I've started doing photography on 18:13 - Aug 30 by csf

Not done as much recently but still really enjoying it and have read so much on the subject. Generally now I shoot in fully manual mode as enjoy the control I have over the camera by doing so.

Read many things about photography clubs and the like and its a great way of being out and about seeing places and meeting other people.

Great to see so many people enjoying it too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024