Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Floodlights 23:25 - Mar 16 with 4330 viewsSwanseajill

Do they switch more floodlights on when Sky are broadcasting? They were so bright tonight I spent most of the game shading my eyes with my hands.

Why do they need to light up the lower stands like a Christmas tree? Surely it's the pitch they should be aimed at.

I'm not generally a moaner, but isn't consideration for the fans dropping down the pecking order.
The Floodlights on 12:25 - Mar 17 with 4194 viewsSA73Swan

Some recent correspondence from Liberty

" I am sure you will be aware that the Premier League requires raised levels of lighting to meet the broadcast agreements this season. This imposes a much higher level of floodlighting than that required under the FA guidance.

The new requirements dictate the level of the lighting, the uniformity of levels, the colour rendering of the light, flicker rate and a complex matrix of readings, the position of the lights has been calculated by computer modelling and confirmed by readings on the pitch and the seating area, I can assure you that no lights are "inappropriately angled" as the design was undertaken by a multinational company, and installation and testing undertaken by a nationally recognised installer. The timing and requirement for the lights being illuminated are dictated by the match officials on each occasion."
The Floodlights on 13:32 - Mar 17 with 4129 viewsSwanseajill

The Floodlights on 12:25 - Mar 17 by SA73Swan

Some recent correspondence from Liberty

" I am sure you will be aware that the Premier League requires raised levels of lighting to meet the broadcast agreements this season. This imposes a much higher level of floodlighting than that required under the FA guidance.

The new requirements dictate the level of the lighting, the uniformity of levels, the colour rendering of the light, flicker rate and a complex matrix of readings, the position of the lights has been calculated by computer modelling and confirmed by readings on the pitch and the seating area, I can assure you that no lights are "inappropriately angled" as the design was undertaken by a multinational company, and installation and testing undertaken by a nationally recognised installer. The timing and requirement for the lights being illuminated are dictated by the match officials on each occasion."

Thanks for reply, but the match officials say" yeah, it's getting dark...let's have the lights on"

All I can say, they need a better computer technician, and the installer didn't sit in my seat during a game, that's for sure.
The Floodlights on 13:46 - Mar 17 with 4101 viewsSA73Swan

The Floodlights on 13:32 - Mar 17 by Swanseajill

Thanks for reply, but the match officials say" yeah, it's getting dark...let's have the lights on"

All I can say, they need a better computer technician, and the installer didn't sit in my seat during a game, that's for sure.

Just to clarify. My previous comment was a cut and paste from correspondence that I received recently from the Liberty when I questioned the lighting.

These are not my comments, but an explanation from the stadium.
The Floodlights on 14:50 - Mar 17 with 4062 viewstomdickharry

The Floodlights on 13:46 - Mar 17 by SA73Swan

Just to clarify. My previous comment was a cut and paste from correspondence that I received recently from the Liberty when I questioned the lighting.

What's the date of the letter you received as the last mention of the floodlights issue in the Trust Board minutes was on the 25/10/14.
The Floodlights on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 4046 viewsSA73Swan

The Floodlights on 14:50 - Mar 17 by tomdickharry

What's the date of the letter you received as the last mention of the floodlights issue in the Trust Board minutes was on the 25/10/14.

23/9/2014
The Floodlights on 18:43 - Mar 17 with 3946 views3swan

The Floodlights on 13:32 - Mar 17 by Swanseajill

It's because experts can never be wrong

I've read a few comments over the last few months about the lights............... can all be wrong?

Maybe the club/stadium should have asked for the seat numbers and checked them out at a night game. Shame we don't have one till next season
The Floodlights on 19:25 - Mar 17 with 3881 viewsJBT95

The Floodlights on 18:43 - Mar 17 by 3swan

It's because experts can never be wrong

I've read a few comments over the last few months about the lights............... can all be wrong?

Maybe the club/stadium should have asked for the seat numbers and checked them out at a night game. Shame we don't have one till next season

Could just go down at any time and check it, doesn't need to be a game, just at night.

At first they were a shock but used to it now.
The Floodlights on 19:27 - Mar 17 with 3872 views3swan

The Floodlights on 19:25 - Mar 17 by JBT95

Could just go down at any time and check it, doesn't need to be a game, just at night.

At first they were a shock but used to it now.

Agree.......it does get dark on non match nights

More the thought of following a game looking at different angles etc
Login to get fewer ads

The Floodlights on 23:29 - Mar 17 with 3736 viewsSwanseajill

I did guess that, and my comments were not in any way directed at you.
I think that we are dominated by Sky and the fans that are getting the advantage, are the ones in the armchairs.

I'm not begrudging them at all, but to pay for a seat and for fans to be uncomfortable and in the glaring spotlight are just not taken into consideration.
The dosh we recieve from Sky is the be all, and end all, and he who pays the piper ...plays the tune.

It may have been a senior moment, but last night there was...I'm sure, more lights on because Sky was in the house.
The Floodlights on 00:47 - Mar 18 with 3705 viewsLeonisGod

Wow. That is an amazing response.

"I can assure you that no lights are "inappropriately angled" as the design was undertaken by a multinational company,"

It's bollox of course (not a go at you, as I know you're just relaying info). Since they've lowered the lights, the angle of illumination is closer to the eyeline of fans in the opposite stand. It's noticeable. It's uncomfortable. So of course they are more "inappropriately angled". WE THE FANS, who sit in front of these feckin things, are best placed to tell the club this. Not some feckin "multinational company".
The Floodlights on 06:13 - Mar 18 with 3672 viewsGowerjack

The Floodlights on 00:47 - Mar 18 by LeonisGod

Wow. That is an amazing response.

"I can assure you that no lights are "inappropriately angled" as the design was undertaken by a multinational company,"

It's bollox of course (not a go at you, as I know you're just relaying info). Since they've lowered the lights, the angle of illumination is closer to the eyeline of fans in the opposite stand. It's noticeable. It's uncomfortable. So of course they are more "inappropriately angled". WE THE FANS, who sit in front of these feckin things, are best placed to tell the club this. Not some feckin "multinational company".

I work very closely with that "multinational company" on a daily basis and believe you me they are more than capable of making mistakes in fact they make plenty of them.

In my opinion it is a poor design, the luminaires should have been positioned on the outside edge of the roof.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Floodlights on 10:38 - Mar 18 with 3592 viewsSwanzay

The Floodlights on 06:13 - Mar 18 by Gowerjack

I work very closely with that "multinational company" on a daily basis and believe you me they are more than capable of making mistakes in fact they make plenty of them.

In my opinion it is a poor design, the luminaires should have been positioned on the outside edge of the roof.

Well said GJ, just because a company is a multinational doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, multinationals make plenty.
I find the lights incredibly annoying from our seats in the West upper, they are right within my eye line.
As you say they should have been positioned on the eternal front, the positioning is very poor.
Its seems this issue is of little interest to the club.
The Floodlights on 11:47 - Mar 18 with 3572 viewsFlashberryjack

The Floodlights on 10:38 - Mar 18 by Swanzay

Well said GJ, just because a company is a multinational doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, multinationals make plenty.
I find the lights incredibly annoying from our seats in the West upper, they are right within my eye line.
As you say they should have been positioned on the eternal front, the positioning is very poor.
Its seems this issue is of little interest to the club.

Add the crowd facing LED boards and that excuse of a huge television that advertises carpets just when all you want to see is a replay of the goal just scored or missed.
F*ck me bombarded with advertising, annoying floodlights...."Enhancing the match day experience"
Like f*ck they do.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Floodlights on 19:46 - Mar 18 with 3473 viewstomdickharry

The Floodlights on 11:47 - Mar 18 by Flashberryjack

Add the crowd facing LED boards and that excuse of a huge television that advertises carpets just when all you want to see is a replay of the goal just scored or missed.
F*ck me bombarded with advertising, annoying floodlights...."Enhancing the match day experience"
Like f*ck they do.

Guess how many fans complained officially about the fan facing LED lights,4. I have that in writing from an official source. No body cares.Same I guess the floodlights. No body cares.
The Floodlights on 21:18 - Mar 18 with 3437 viewsFlashberryjack

The Floodlights on 19:46 - Mar 18 by tomdickharry

Guess how many fans complained officially about the fan facing LED lights,4. I have that in writing from an official source. No body cares.Same I guess the floodlights. No body cares.

Would a complaint from the trust count as just one of those 4 complaints I wonder ?
But as you say "No body cares" until it affects them.

After the success the comical department have had in enhancing the match day experience of the fans affected by the LED lights, maybe next season they'll be looking to enhance the match day experience of fans sitting in other parts of the ground.
Won't affect me though, as I'm already affected..... so f*ck em.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Floodlights on 10:12 - Mar 19 with 3353 viewstomdickharry

The Floodlights on 21:18 - Mar 18 by Flashberryjack

Would a complaint from the trust count as just one of those 4 complaints I wonder ?
But as you say "No body cares" until it affects them.

After the success the comical department have had in enhancing the match day experience of the fans affected by the LED lights, maybe next season they'll be looking to enhance the match day experience of fans sitting in other parts of the ground.
Won't affect me though, as I'm already affected..... so f*ck em.

Perhaps the question regarding the Trust's input could be answered by Phil or alternatively mail the Trust,however,I think we are in a fait accompli situation same as the floodlights.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024