Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate 16:56 - Apr 21 with 8141 viewsJJJack

Someone on FB posted a link that 31yrs ago today we beat Cardiff 3-2 in a Division 2 relegation battle which just happened to be on Easter Saturday in front of 10,275 (yeah right!) at the Vetch. I was born in 1971 and have always been baffled by Cardiff fans' claims to be the bigger/better club. In my entire lifetime they have had , perhaps two periods (1970s and 2003-10) where they were continuously more successful than us ......and , er, that's it!
So the other 30 odd years they've either been as good or often, worse, hence my bemusement at their claims over the years.
I thought I'd look up the records as I "feel" like we've usually got the better of them in head-to-heads. Since they thumped us 5-0 in 1965 (hats off), we then didn't play them until 1980 (excluding Welsh Cups) . 1980- to date, this is our record in all comps:
P 45 W 19 D 13 L 13 F 59 A 45
Not even much doubt is there really.....that's the last 50yrs worth of H-2-Hs!!
http://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Cardiff%20C
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 16:58]
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 17:56 - Apr 21 with 5986 viewsDewi1jack

Found this one in Wales online as well

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-prove-swansea-ci

"Which owners have brought the most success"

As well as this one, which is a value for wage bill in the PL

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-second-be

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:01 - Apr 21 with 5971 viewsDr_Winston

Barring the 4/5 years when they were financially doping themselves into the Championship under Hammam, they have either been level with or behind us for the 26 years that I've been following the Swans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:09 - Apr 21 with 5951 viewsblueytheblue

1) 1980 to the current date, 2015 is in fact 35 years not 50.
2) Comparing our records over our respective histories, eh, I'm not that bored.
3) Any claim to be the bigger/better club is always going to be a transitive argument swayed by subjectivity rather than objectivity anyway.
4) I support my local club as you do. If I was born around Swansea, I'd be a Jack. if you were born around Cardiff, you'd probably be a Liverpool fan.

TL;DR version; who cares?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:12 - Apr 21 with 5942 viewsScoobyDoo

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:09 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

1) 1980 to the current date, 2015 is in fact 35 years not 50.
2) Comparing our records over our respective histories, eh, I'm not that bored.
3) Any claim to be the bigger/better club is always going to be a transitive argument swayed by subjectivity rather than objectivity anyway.
4) I support my local club as you do. If I was born around Swansea, I'd be a Jack. if you were born around Cardiff, you'd probably be a Liverpool fan.

TL;DR version; who cares?

Surprised you bit Bluey
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:29 - Apr 21 with 5902 viewsymaohyd

Cardiff have spent far more years above us than we have above them. Cardiff have spent 16 years in the top flight, next year we will start our 7th.

Cardiff have been a shower of shit these past few years and their days in the top flight belong alongside Paul McCartney meeting John Lennon, or the queen finding her feet on the throne. Credit where credit is due though, history is history and Cardiff City from those days earned respect and of course 1927.

I have always been bemused however that Cardiff see themselves as a 'Great' club with a rich history. They are neither and neither are we. The sooner their fans accept that they may start to make progress. We have a chequered past to say the least, we paid our dues though and are now reaping rich rewards.

We can all shape facts to suit our needs, so i'll indulge myself here, since 1962, 53 years ago, the Swans have spent 6 years in the top flight, Cardiff a big fat 00000!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 5873 viewsymaohyd

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:29 - Apr 21 by ymaohyd

Cardiff have spent far more years above us than we have above them. Cardiff have spent 16 years in the top flight, next year we will start our 7th.

Cardiff have been a shower of shit these past few years and their days in the top flight belong alongside Paul McCartney meeting John Lennon, or the queen finding her feet on the throne. Credit where credit is due though, history is history and Cardiff City from those days earned respect and of course 1927.

I have always been bemused however that Cardiff see themselves as a 'Great' club with a rich history. They are neither and neither are we. The sooner their fans accept that they may start to make progress. We have a chequered past to say the least, we paid our dues though and are now reaping rich rewards.

We can all shape facts to suit our needs, so i'll indulge myself here, since 1962, 53 years ago, the Swans have spent 6 years in the top flight, Cardiff a big fat 00000!

Oops, I'd forgotten their very brief stay last season, I'm sure any honourable Cardiff fan has struck that from their memory banks, selling their souls to reach the promised land!

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:57 - Apr 21 with 5842 viewsEdmundo

That's just confirmed what we all knew anyway, but i'm sure a bluebird will miraculously turn it around with....but we're your capitol 😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:00 - Apr 21 with 5834 viewsymaohyd

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:57 - Apr 21 by Edmundo

That's just confirmed what we all knew anyway, but i'm sure a bluebird will miraculously turn it around with....but we're your capitol 😂

They are and a fine city it is too (unfortunately at the expense of the rest of Wales), however, unfortunately for them Swansea City Council could probably run their football club in a more appropriate manner!

Login to get fewer ads

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:00 - Apr 21 with 5834 viewsWhiterockin

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:43 - Apr 21 by ymaohyd

Oops, I'd forgotten their very brief stay last season, I'm sure any honourable Cardiff fan has struck that from their memory banks, selling their souls to reach the promised land!

In the Pearly gates and out the trap door in 12 months. I often wonder if they feel it was worth selling their soul for.
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:33 - Apr 21 with 5791 viewsyescomeon

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:00 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

In the Pearly gates and out the trap door in 12 months. I often wonder if they feel it was worth selling their soul for.

Like paying for a hooker and not being able to get it up.

Upthecity!

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 20:25 - Apr 21 with 5708 viewsairedale

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:33 - Apr 21 by yescomeon

Like paying for a hooker and not being able to get it up.

I wouldn't pay her, and if there was any argument I'd refer the matter to the Office for Fair Trading, citing that the goods were not of marketable quality.
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 5696 viewsNewhousemustscore

I don't know about league placings but I know that we have beaten them more times when we've met each other in the League, FA cup and League Cup and they have beaten us more times in the Welsh Cup/FAW BBC Cup.
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 20:58 - Apr 21 with 5639 viewsGeoffThom

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 19:00 - Apr 21 by ymaohyd

They are and a fine city it is too (unfortunately at the expense of the rest of Wales), however, unfortunately for them Swansea City Council could probably run their football club in a more appropriate manner!

I wouldn't bet on that our council couldn't run a piss up in a brewery ,the councils of old are the reason Cardiff town is what it is and ours is as bad as it is
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 06:23 - Apr 22 with 5444 viewsymaohyd

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 20:58 - Apr 21 by GeoffThom

I wouldn't bet on that our council couldn't run a piss up in a brewery ,the councils of old are the reason Cardiff town is what it is and ours is as bad as it is

Missed the irony a bit there, I was highlighting that EVEN SCC could run CCFC better!

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:04 - Apr 22 with 5376 viewsCopperJack

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:29 - Apr 21 by ymaohyd

I'm always somewhat bemused that Cardiff fans use 1927 as an indicator of how big they are. In the first half of the twentieth century, it wasn't atypical for a small club to win the cup - amateur sides were still holding their own in the competition.

Are Bury bigger than Cardiff? They've won the cup twice.The Royal Engineers, Old Etonians, Sheffield United, Barnsley, Bradford, etc, all won the cup more than them, yet they would certainly argue to be bigger than all these clubs.

But this is the club who said that if they got promoted they'd sell out the Millenium every week. Then said that when they changed the kit back to blue they'd sell out legoland every week. I think reality is slowly starting to dawn for some of their fans.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 15:08 - Apr 22 with 5218 viewsstircrazyjack

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:04 - Apr 22 by CopperJack

I'm always somewhat bemused that Cardiff fans use 1927 as an indicator of how big they are. In the first half of the twentieth century, it wasn't atypical for a small club to win the cup - amateur sides were still holding their own in the competition.

Are Bury bigger than Cardiff? They've won the cup twice.The Royal Engineers, Old Etonians, Sheffield United, Barnsley, Bradford, etc, all won the cup more than them, yet they would certainly argue to be bigger than all these clubs.

But this is the club who said that if they got promoted they'd sell out the Millenium every week. Then said that when they changed the kit back to blue they'd sell out legoland every week. I think reality is slowly starting to dawn for some of their fans.

Cardiff arnt as big as Sheffield United never mind being bigger than them. No way no how.

I await a Shirley bassey to try and put me straight though

Deluded f83kwits
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 5146 viewsQuakerJack

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 08:04 - Apr 22 by CopperJack

regarding your last line... that'll never happen...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 5134 viewsmonmouth

Just as an aside, I was offered a season ticket entry for their game with Blackpool on Saturday because the owner 'couldn't be arsed and thought I might like a laugh'. I turned it down obviously, but now I'm thinking it might have been fun to watch, for as long as it takes them to hoof a goal from a set piece, as they'll probably only get 4000 very upset dwarves there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 5016 viewsKilkennyjack

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 18:01 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

Barring the 4/5 years when they were financially doping themselves into the Championship under Hammam, they have either been level with or behind us for the 26 years that I've been following the Swans.

Brilliant

Beware of the Risen People

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 21:21 - Apr 22 with 4998 viewssherpajacob

we need to make winning the fa cup a priority then the 1927 argument will be killed stone dead. ffs it'll be the centenary celebrations of it soon in Cardiff.

If Wigan can win it and villa and hull can make final in last 3 years we certainly can win it if we take it seriously.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 22:05 - Apr 22 with 4944 viewsmorningstar

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 21:21 - Apr 22 by sherpajacob

we need to make winning the fa cup a priority then the 1927 argument will be killed stone dead. ffs it'll be the centenary celebrations of it soon in Cardiff.

If Wigan can win it and villa and hull can make final in last 3 years we certainly can win it if we take it seriously.

We don't need to win any FA cup 100 years ago, or lose over 2 legs to Real Madrid to show how massive a club we are. We are who we are, we are pissing all over them and they know it. There is no debate.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 00:38 - Apr 23 with 4871 viewscwrw

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 17:05 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Just as an aside, I was offered a season ticket entry for their game with Blackpool on Saturday because the owner 'couldn't be arsed and thought I might like a laugh'. I turned it down obviously, but now I'm thinking it might have been fun to watch, for as long as it takes them to hoof a goal from a set piece, as they'll probably only get 4000 very upset dwarves there.

I think you should go just to take pictures of the empty stands and then post all the photos on here for everyone to have a good laugh at them. Try not to fall asleep though
Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 00:45 - Apr 23 with 4862 viewsScoobyWho

They still celebrate winning a trophy nobody alive today was at.
Brilliant !

Talking of major trophy wins.
League Cup 2013.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 4789 viewsDewi1jack

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 00:45 - Apr 23 by ScoobyWho

They still celebrate winning a trophy nobody alive today was at.
Brilliant !

Talking of major trophy wins.
League Cup 2013.

Looking at the newsreel footage of their FA Cup win...

They played in Black and White, copying us even in those days

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 4783 viewsmonmouth

Our record versus Cardiff.....the eternal debate on 09:28 - Apr 23 by Dewi1jack

Looking at the newsreel footage of their FA Cup win...

They played in Black and White, copying us even in those days

And I'll say it again, the referee was wearing a Dickie Bow. Totally irrelevant and laughable, and it's all they'll ever have.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024