Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 13:13 - May 18 with 5800 viewsJackSomething

Undoubtedly we're going to be looking for at least one striker this summer, hopefully two. My gut feeling is we'll sign someone who can play upfront, but also out wide. Someone like Ayew or maybe Castaignos. Best case scenario would be also signing a promising young striker, but I would expect another loan signing like Nelson.

If a scenario occurs similar to this, Gomis will likely enter next season as our first-choice striker. Given his 5 goals in 5 games, plus the quality of some of those goals (yesterday's especially), are people now happy at the thought of Gomis being our main striker next season?

Personally I think he'll be good for 15+ goals in a relatively injury-free season.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis on 13:18 - May 18 with 4562 viewsjackforever

More than happy with him, been superb in recent months. Offers so many strengths and is looking more at home game by game. Helps the boo boys have gone quiet too.
Gomis on 13:20 - May 18 with 4550 viewsTrundle10

He seems to have settled in. More than happy with him TBH.
Gomis on 13:26 - May 18 with 4517 viewsAndyNak

I must say I haven't noticed boo boys at matches - on here certainly - did i miss that?

I would also say his hold up play was excellent yesterday - far better than I have seen previously. Seems to have settled as mentioned and I don't see him leaving now unless a stupid offer comes in
[Post edited 18 May 2015 13:27]

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Gomis on 13:36 - May 18 with 4463 viewsmacthejack

Aye, Bafe has proved me wrong and I'm happy to eat humble pie on this one. I had pretty much given up on him by Villa away and we all know what happened from then.

I doubt he'll be as prolific as Michu or Bony have been in previous seasons but he's shown at the tail end of this season that he can easily reach 10+ goals in a premier league season which is the minimum we should expect of our main striker. I suspect he may well get around 15 goals next season.
Gomis on 13:44 - May 18 with 4424 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Gomis on 13:36 - May 18 by macthejack

Aye, Bafe has proved me wrong and I'm happy to eat humble pie on this one. I had pretty much given up on him by Villa away and we all know what happened from then.

I doubt he'll be as prolific as Michu or Bony have been in previous seasons but he's shown at the tail end of this season that he can easily reach 10+ goals in a premier league season which is the minimum we should expect of our main striker. I suspect he may well get around 15 goals next season.

I suspect he may well get around 15 goals next season.

I think that's easily achievable if he can stay injury free.

With goals coming from MF now as well with the likes of KI, Gylfi & JJS, Bafe won't be burdened with the expectation of getting all the goals.

I do think that we need to strengthen our options from the bench though

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Gomis on 13:56 - May 18 with 4380 viewsFlashberryjack

Save some of that humble pie for me mate, like you I'm elated to be proven wrong....AGAIN.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gomis on 14:05 - May 18 with 4331 viewsperchrockjack

boo boys poo boys, wtf. Main thing is he s come good and the club has possibly a very good striker on its hands, which is more important than anyone on here being right /wrong .

He WAS utter gash until something happened and for that someone again at the club can take enormous credit.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 14:07 - May 18 with 4320 viewsStarsky

Big difference with Bafe. Most of his goals have been vital game changers.

A fair amount of Bony's goals early on weren't

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 14:08 - May 18 with 4311 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 13:26 - May 18 by AndyNak

I must say I haven't noticed boo boys at matches - on here certainly - did i miss that?

I would also say his hold up play was excellent yesterday - far better than I have seen previously. Seems to have settled as mentioned and I don't see him leaving now unless a stupid offer comes in
[Post edited 18 May 2015 13:27]

He was exceptional, looked like he has decided to put himself in the shop window for the summer to me. He was out of this world at times yesterday.

I'm just not sure he will be forgiven by the Swansea board for his antics in Janaury. Maybe they have sat down with him and agreed to move him on asap, and his part of the deal is play out of your skin. Win win. Bigger clubs come in and more money is earned by the club.

Just a thought.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis on 14:09 - May 18 with 4300 viewsJackSomething

Gomis on 14:05 - May 18 by perchrockjack

boo boys poo boys, wtf. Main thing is he s come good and the club has possibly a very good striker on its hands, which is more important than anyone on here being right /wrong .

He WAS utter gash until something happened and for that someone again at the club can take enormous credit.

See two posts above for how to show some class in admitting you're wrong, which we all are at one time or another. That's not what this thread is about anyway.

He was far from gash, but it's clear he's one of those players who needs to be playing regularly to find form. That's partly why I think the club are looking for a player who can also play wide. That way, whoever that player is will get regular games and can slot in as striker if needed, hopefully without any rust.

Gomis on 14:11 - May 18 with 4292 viewssomersetsimon

Gomis on 14:09 - May 18 by JackSomething

See two posts above for how to show some class in admitting you're wrong, which we all are at one time or another. That's not what this thread is about anyway.

He was far from gash, but it's clear he's one of those players who needs to be playing regularly to find form. That's partly why I think the club are looking for a player who can also play wide. That way, whoever that player is will get regular games and can slot in as striker if needed, hopefully without any rust.

Agree - we are never going to have a backup striker who can sit on the bench for 3 months, then come on and instantly start to play at PL quality.
Gomis on 14:12 - May 18 with 4291 viewsbluenile

Gomis on 14:08 - May 18 by ScoobyWho

He was exceptional, looked like he has decided to put himself in the shop window for the summer to me. He was out of this world at times yesterday.

I'm just not sure he will be forgiven by the Swansea board for his antics in Janaury. Maybe they have sat down with him and agreed to move him on asap, and his part of the deal is play out of your skin. Win win. Bigger clubs come in and more money is earned by the club.

Just a thought.

I think you need to contain those thoughts........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gomis on 14:12 - May 18 with 4284 viewsperchrockjack

good point, never thought of that.

REALLY I don't know what the catalyst was but Id suggest Monk again has come out of this very well and confounded those who doubted him, like me.

Its noticeable how the players react to Monk ina manner far removed from the supine arrogance of that Danish fella who s managerial career has somewhat levelled out into mediocrity.

I d like to thank the Board for doing that if Ive forgotten to do so previously.

Incredible to think this Board was subject to some clearly defamatory stuff a few months ago.
LEST WE FORGET.

Gomis on 14:12 - May 18 with 4289 viewsfather_jack

think he properly turned a corner yesterday. nice to see his kids with him at the end too, could be a sign hes settling.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Gomis on 14:14 - May 18 with 4286 viewssomersetsimon

As we tend to play with one striker, who will likely play every game if fit, I'd be disappointed if he didn't score at least 15.
Gomis on 14:19 - May 18 with 4256 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 14:12 - May 18 by bluenile

I think you need to contain those thoughts........................

My thoughts mean nothing' it's the thoughts of the club that matter most.
But seriously, as much as he has impressed it all just feels like he could blow up again if he doesn't get his own way.

Ship him out, get the cash, and look elsewhere may well be a sensible option as much as it hurts when the garden is all roses.

Gomis on 14:19 - May 18 with 4256 viewsJackSomething

Gomis on 14:14 - May 18 by somersetsimon

As we tend to play with one striker, who will likely play every game if fit, I'd be disappointed if he didn't score at least 15.

I know what you're saying, but I meant 15 league goals and with only 1 game to go (2 games for some teams), only 4 players have managed that in the Premier League this season. So it would be an excellent return for me.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 14:26]

Gomis on 14:20 - May 18 with 4248 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis on 14:09 - May 18 by JackSomething

Borini on loan?
Gomis on 14:21 - May 18 with 4248 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 14:12 - May 18 by perchrockjack

good point, never thought of that.

REALLY I don't know what the catalyst was but Id suggest Monk again has come out of this very well and confounded those who doubted him, like me.

Its noticeable how the players react to Monk ina manner far removed from the supine arrogance of that Danish fella who s managerial career has somewhat levelled out into mediocrity.

I d like to thank the Board for doing that if Ive forgotten to do so previously.

Incredible to think this Board was subject to some clearly defamatory stuff a few months ago.
LEST WE FORGET.

The vast majority of those dissenters have gone.

Gomis on 14:24 - May 18 with 4231 viewsperchrockjack

and thank the Lord for that Scoob.

JS, Are you playing nice?

I disagree.HE WAS GASH

Gomis on 14:30 - May 18 with 4197 viewsJackSomething

Gomis on 14:24 - May 18 by perchrockjack

and thank the Lord for that Scoob.

JS, Are you playing nice?

I disagree.HE WAS GASH

I'm doing what I always do Perch, saying what I think whether it's nice or not.

He was disappointing, but as I've already said, I feel that he's a player who can't find form if he's in and out of the side, getting a few minutes here and there.

Just like with Bony last season, I saw enough early (his substitute appearance at Old Trafford for one) to believe that he had the quality to come good eventually. Not to mention his many goals for Lyon in Ligue 1 and the the Champions League.

You say gash, I say underwhelming.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 14:32]

Gomis on 14:41 - May 18 with 4145 viewsperchrockjack

...and good for you. Its what I do as my readers insist on my analyses when people get all personal and lose the focus of the thread. Politics is a cracker to invite responses that ll keep you warm and last right through to long winter months with the central heating turned up .

I might have been honest and truthful myself during the election campaign which was ,on here, looking like the very best campaign Pravda could have ran. Epic stuff it was.

Its best really not to say it as it is unless you re prepared for a torrent of Oystermouth like sewerage coming your way.

Anyway, the suns is out .

BTW, IF YOUR TAKING A BREAK for the close season, enjoy the summer-- seriously

Richdickcock

Gomis on 15:01 - May 18 with 4112 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have been one of Gomis' biggest critics.
For months it did not look as if he was going to be able to cope with the speed and physicality of the prem and the class of our goalkeepers.
He continually underestimated both defenders and goalies.
But to my surprise he has got there and as others have said it was eventually quite a quick turn around.
I am very glad to have been proven wrong, as I said I would be every time I posted slating him.
If stays I hope he can stay fit and maintain that improvement, even a goal every 3rd game would give him around 12/13 goals and a that would be a decent contribution.
A goal every other game would put him up there with Bony.

If he goes will his Premier Experience make him a better player in the less frenetic and less physical leagues in Europe?
Gomis on 15:26 - May 18 with 4042 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis on 15:01 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

I have been one of Gomis' biggest critics.
For months it did not look as if he was going to be able to cope with the speed and physicality of the prem and the class of our goalkeepers.
He continually underestimated both defenders and goalies.
But to my surprise he has got there and as others have said it was eventually quite a quick turn around.
I am very glad to have been proven wrong, as I said I would be every time I posted slating him.
If stays I hope he can stay fit and maintain that improvement, even a goal every 3rd game would give him around 12/13 goals and a that would be a decent contribution.
A goal every other game would put him up there with Bony.

If he goes will his Premier Experience make him a better player in the less frenetic and less physical leagues in Europe?

Gomis has looked the business for me from the off, but even I have to admit being a bit wrong about him.

I thought he was a solid 10/15 goal a season striker. On current form he looks more like a 20/25 goal one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis on 15:29 - May 18 with 4028 viewskarnataka

Gomis on 14:14 - May 18 by somersetsimon

Yes, at least 15 indeed. People are saying he's got 5 in 5 games, well, if you call 15 minutes against Everton and 16 against Arsenal a 'game' when together they don't even add up to a half - he's actually scored 5 in less than 3 and a half games which is a strike rate equivalent to 54 in 38 games. Such a shame about his injury against Everton and wonder how he'd have done against Leicester, Newcastle & Stoke because he's looked like a 20+ striker since Villa. We need to keep him. it's taken a while but he's used to us now and we're used to him, no point in starting that process all over again with someone else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024