Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celtic get permission for safe standing 14:53 - Jun 9 with 1900 viewsscottishjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33061483

I know that Scotland has different laws, but I would guess that the floodgates are about to open across the UK...
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 15:37 - Jun 9 with 1850 viewsBanosswan

Maybe that's why the club are stalling on expansion...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 16:53 - Jun 9 with 1784 viewsscottishjack

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 15:37 - Jun 9 by Banosswan

Maybe that's why the club are stalling on expansion...

Not sure that it would be a major consideration, but I'm sure like many other clubs, we will be watching with interest.
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 18:29 - Jun 9 with 1713 viewswhiterock

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 16:53 - Jun 9 by scottishjack

Not sure that it would be a major consideration, but I'm sure like many other clubs, we will be watching with interest.

Why is everyone keen to go back to the dark days, it won't bring back good and bad time some of us oldies experienced at the Vetch, there won't be group hugs other than the guy next to you, leave it as it is, those that want to stand will, those that don't will sit, we can all stand to clap a goal
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:17 - Jun 9 with 1659 viewssully49

As you say the rules are different in Scotland, but I agree there should be areas where fans are allowed to stand. The health and safety bods will be raising their collective eyebrows down here I would imagine.
Being in the FA, what's more than likely going to happen is there would be a Club allowed to stand somewhere in the country and dependant on their findings only then would it happen across the board. What makes more sense is to use the findings on the "Celtic experiment" after all it's a big enough team with large attendances to make it fairly representative.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:17 - Jun 9 with 1659 viewsDafyddHuw

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 18:29 - Jun 9 by whiterock

Why is everyone keen to go back to the dark days, it won't bring back good and bad time some of us oldies experienced at the Vetch, there won't be group hugs other than the guy next to you, leave it as it is, those that want to stand will, those that don't will sit, we can all stand to clap a goal

Totally disagree with this post. It's nothing like going back to any "dark days". Lots of barriers in place and it's one person standing for one person sitting, so capacity won't go up or down.
Personally can't wait to be(legally) able to stand at a football match.Contrary to your post,whiterock, safe standing is the option that lets you stand or sit, not the present one. If you want to stand get a ticket in the safe standing area, if you want to sit, get a ticket where there's seats.
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:40 - Jun 9 with 1633 viewsLohengrin

Safe standing at the piggery? Where's that then, at the opposite end of the ground to the club priest?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:47 - Jun 9 with 1626 viewswhiterock

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:17 - Jun 9 by DafyddHuw

Totally disagree with this post. It's nothing like going back to any "dark days". Lots of barriers in place and it's one person standing for one person sitting, so capacity won't go up or down.
Personally can't wait to be(legally) able to stand at a football match.Contrary to your post,whiterock, safe standing is the option that lets you stand or sit, not the present one. If you want to stand get a ticket in the safe standing area, if you want to sit, get a ticket where there's seats.

That's my point, standing in a row will be nothing like the raucous Melee many would remember at the vetch, those that want to stand are already standing and that's why I believe it's sentimental claptrap, it will be safe but still sanitised
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 21:28 - Jun 9 with 1565 viewsdailew

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 19:17 - Jun 9 by DafyddHuw

Another step is exposed if the seat is up so it approximately doubles the capacity.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 22:14 - Jun 9 with 1517 viewsUxbridge

Rip out the seats in the South Stand. Turn it into a Dortmund style bank. That'd be awesome!

I can dream, can't I?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 10:11 - Jun 10 with 1395 viewsbuilthjack

Just go to our away games if you want to stand. Simple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 10:27 - Jun 10 with 1384 viewsairedale

The PTB may be using Celtic as a benchmark before it goes general, like the 'no smoking' ban inWales first.

Also with Sepp going, there may be safe standing allowed in Champion League football.

(its all Sepp's fault)
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 13:37 - Jun 10 with 1336 viewsProfessor

Would be good to have the choice. I think I would prefer to sit but IF there is re-development would be good to have stands with a lower tier of rail seats and an upper tier of standard seats- as used in Wolfsburg and Hannover
Celtic get permission for safe standing on 13:41 - Jun 10 with 1334 viewsDafyddHuw

Celtic get permission for safe standing on 10:11 - Jun 10 by builthjack

Just go to our away games if you want to stand. Simple.

WHy should I have to go to away games to stand?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024