Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting.. 16:52 - Jun 16 with 8113 viewsderijack

Michu retweeted this

https://twitter.com/michuoviedo

[Post edited 16 Jun 2015 16:53]

Interesting.. on 16:59 - Jun 16 with 6421 viewshobo

Why is that interesting?
Interesting.. on 17:06 - Jun 16 with 6376 viewsjacktar

What you call a bit of self promotion. Maybe he's not happy with his agent. Perhaps he would like a transfer to QPR.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Interesting.. on 17:07 - Jun 16 with 6361 viewsOldjack

Day dreaming, in he

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interesting.. on 17:08 - Jun 16 with 6361 viewsSwan91

I still think he would make a good second choice AM after gylfi.

But in our new formation, would he be good at routledges position in the diamond? Just behind the striker. I think he would.
Interesting.. on 17:14 - Jun 16 with 6309 viewsshandyjack

i wonder if he is looking at how we did last season and the positive steps toward signings so far this window he is thinking about seeing out his fn. year here and giving it another go. I hope to god so but fear he is on his way

Poll: Expectation for the season

Interesting.. on 17:22 - Jun 16 with 6237 viewsicecoldjack

Can't see Monk wanting him back but hope im proved wrong , one side of the clique lost and one side became manager .

Michu is still the most passionate and best players i've ever seen at the Swans, 100% every game and total class when fit. I think most would love him back here playing some part of things once again.
Interesting.. on 17:34 - Jun 16 with 6135 viewsAnotherJohn

Probably wishful thinking, but I had similar thoughts to Swan91 above. Fitness might not be such an issue if he started by coming off the bench now and then, and if it worked out... well a lot of teams would like to have those options.
Interesting.. on 18:09 - Jun 16 with 5945 viewsicecoldjack

Just to add . Michu would be a good option if the rumour of Shelvey leaving is correct, if shelvey stays i see it as an even harder task for Michu.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting.. on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 5794 viewshobo

It was probably one of his favourite games of his career. It would provide great memories for him. That would be the reason for him re-tweeting it, not that he needs one.
Interesting.. on 19:00 - Jun 16 with 5661 viewsDavillin

Interesting.. on 17:08 - Jun 16 by Swan91

I still think he would make a good second choice AM after gylfi.

But in our new formation, would he be good at routledges position in the diamond? Just behind the striker. I think he would.

One of the main "problems" with Michu was his almost total lack of team discipline, which got worse under Laudrup's laissez faire managing style.

His favoured position was anywhere between the four corner flags. That is neither joke nor exaggeration for effect. If you have any of his games on tape or DVD, watch one or two with that in mind.

Now, to be candid, Monk has clearly demonstrated that he has been capable at getting players to learn and play their positions, but the question is whether he could get Michu to do so. I'm neither excessively optimistic nor excessively pessimistic about that possibility, but I tend to doubt it.

So, to answer your question, the real question is whether he can change his stripes and become a self-disciplined team player.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Interesting.. on 19:04 - Jun 16 with 5637 viewsNeath_Jack

Interesting.. on 19:00 - Jun 16 by Davillin

One of the main "problems" with Michu was his almost total lack of team discipline, which got worse under Laudrup's laissez faire managing style.

His favoured position was anywhere between the four corner flags. That is neither joke nor exaggeration for effect. If you have any of his games on tape or DVD, watch one or two with that in mind.

Now, to be candid, Monk has clearly demonstrated that he has been capable at getting players to learn and play their positions, but the question is whether he could get Michu to do so. I'm neither excessively optimistic nor excessively pessimistic about that possibility, but I tend to doubt it.

So, to answer your question, the real question is whether he can change his stripes and become a self-disciplined team player.

The finest attacking player to have worn a Swansea City shirt for a generation.

But never mind that, he wandered around the pitch too much eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Interesting.. on 19:07 - Jun 16 with 5616 viewsexiledclaseboy

If his mind and body are in the right place I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Poll: Tory leader

Interesting.. on 19:12 - Jun 16 with 5580 viewsjack247

He had pretty much a free role when playing as a #10. He was supposed to do that.

I do take your point though, in that he continued to do it when he was playing up front and needed to be more of a target.
Interesting.. on 19:14 - Jun 16 with 5564 viewsjack247

Interesting.. on 19:07 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Anyone saying anything else is barking. Different story if his head or body aren't right though
Interesting.. on 19:23 - Jun 16 with 5529 viewsUxbridge

As ever, an oasis of sanity.

Sadly, would seem to be unlikely.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Interesting.. on 20:41 - Jun 16 with 5174 viewsPrivate_Partz

Interesting.. on 19:04 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

The finest attacking player to have worn a Swansea City shirt for a generation.

But never mind that, he wandered around the pitch too much eh.

Exactly. When you have talent as good as that you let them go everywhere. A certain LT10 used to do the same.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Interesting.. on 20:45 - Jun 16 with 5146 viewsDarran

The greatest one season wonder we've ever had.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting.. on 20:51 - Jun 16 with 5100 viewsPrivate_Partz

Interesting.. on 20:45 - Jun 16 by Darran

Indeed, and I still dream he will come back fit again and convince GM that he is worth a punt.
It is a very very long shot however but, until it is confirmed that it is all over, I still cling to the hope.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Interesting.. on 20:52 - Jun 16 with 5092 viewsDarran

Interesting.. on 20:51 - Jun 16 by Private_Partz

Indeed, and I still dream he will come back fit again and convince GM that he is worth a punt.
It is a very very long shot however but, until it is confirmed that it is all over, I still cling to the hope.

I concur.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting.. on 21:09 - Jun 16 with 4985 viewsicecoldjack

I agree to a certain extent but if other players are clever enough having somebody floating around isn't a problem. Lets be fair to Michu he was always there to score them!

Gary Neville mentioned something similar about van gaal and Rooney a month or so back, saying the biggest thing louis did was to get Rooney to sit in the right spaces, having said all that it hasn't been a sensational move and Utd did pretty good with Rooney playing all over the place.

I guess its down to the requirements of the manager but perhaps truth be told it doesn't make a huge difference in certain systems, will Michu fit into us now? i really hope so , one of the very best at what he does plain and simple
Interesting.. on 21:20 - Jun 16 with 4910 viewssomersetsimon

Interesting.. on 21:09 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

I agree to a certain extent but if other players are clever enough having somebody floating around isn't a problem. Lets be fair to Michu he was always there to score them!

Gary Neville mentioned something similar about van gaal and Rooney a month or so back, saying the biggest thing louis did was to get Rooney to sit in the right spaces, having said all that it hasn't been a sensational move and Utd did pretty good with Rooney playing all over the place.

I guess its down to the requirements of the manager but perhaps truth be told it doesn't make a huge difference in certain systems, will Michu fit into us now? i really hope so , one of the very best at what he does plain and simple

"If other players are clever enough"

That's the key point. It did work well when Hernandez, Routledge and Dyer moved around intelligently. It didn't work well when players like Pozuelo kept trying to run into same areas. It also didn't work when Bony was playing because he didn't move around enough to create space for Michu.

I'd like to see Michu playing in our diamond formation as you need a bit more unexpected through the middle to break down defences.

I'd love to see him in a Swansea shirt just one more time...
Interesting.. on 00:51 - Jun 17 with 4378 viewsGlyn1

And 'in the right place' would be the Liberty Stadium, but like most others I don't see it happening. But if he scored a dozen goals a season then I don't care how far around the pitch he wandered.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Interesting.. on 07:34 - Jun 17 with 4183 viewsAnotherJohn

The Napoli contract ends on 30-6-15, and if nothing changes Michu is then on our payroll - so there will obviously be developments one way or the other soon.
Interesting.. on 08:03 - Jun 17 with 4129 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting.. on 19:12 - Jun 16 by jack247

He had pretty much a free role when playing as a #10. He was supposed to do that.

I do take your point though, in that he continued to do it when he was playing up front and needed to be more of a target.

Which is why he should never have played upfront. It was obvious at the time and many people said so.

His ability to find space and appear on the end of things from midfield was what made him so effective. It's a great pity that Laudrup never grasped what he had with Michu playing off Bony. Wilf's ability to hold the ball up and play the deft pass through to oncoming players would have seen them both score plenty.

IF his mind and body are in the right place then he's an asset. That's unlikely.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interesting.. on 09:22 - Jun 17 with 3975 viewsStarsky

Interesting.. on 20:45 - Jun 16 by Darran

Right up there with Darren Perrett

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024