Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye Bendy bus... 09:03 - Jun 24 with 9905 viewsscottishjack

What a waste of time eh?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/announces-stop-Swansea-s-bendy-bus-servi
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:32 - Jun 24 with 6886 viewsItchySphincter

So hopefully the roads will go back to being safe now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:45 - Jun 24 with 6869 viewsscottishjack

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:32 - Jun 24 by ItchySphincter

So hopefully the roads will go back to being safe now.

We were well warned weren't we? Several other cities were getting rid when we took them on! It was meant to run to Mumbles until the planners realised it had nowhere to turn around! Killed the Kingsway dead...didn't run on Sundays...the list goes on!

What a shambles...
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:45 - Jun 24 with 6869 viewsMervyn

Waste of time and god knows how much money......its been a total disaster along with all the road alterations ....rounabouts , one way systems....it was basically nail in coffin job for our city center. And i cant even contemplate what the families of lost loved ones are going through.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 10:25 - Jun 24 with 6812 viewswaynekerr55

But we got European funding for it mun...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 11:00 - Jun 24 with 6759 viewsfather_jack

whats wrong with double deckers??

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 16:06 - Jun 24 with 6524 viewsLeonisGod

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:45 - Jun 24 by scottishjack

We were well warned weren't we? Several other cities were getting rid when we took them on! It was meant to run to Mumbles until the planners realised it had nowhere to turn around! Killed the Kingsway dead...didn't run on Sundays...the list goes on!

What a shambles...

Agreed, it wasn't rocket science was it. An almost criminal waste of money and mismanagement by the Council. They're worse than useless at times.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:38 - Jun 24 with 6460 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 16:06 - Jun 24 by LeonisGod

Agreed, it wasn't rocket science was it. An almost criminal waste of money and mismanagement by the Council. They're worse than useless at times.

In their defence it was the previous administration that did this along with the boulevard. Both a shocking waste of money, be it European funded or not. It is a shame as I found travelling in them to be a pleasant experience.
I hope now we will go banging on the door of WAG for funding for our own metro as it is badly needed to supllement the shocking lack of road infrastructure in Swansea. I am not holding my breath btw for either a request to be made, or for such a request to ever be considered.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 6459 viewsSwanzay

They have been a complete disaster since inception and should never have been given the go ahead. A total waste of £14 million and more importantly 2 lives and the closure of many businesses, along with death of the Kingsway.

What a complete cluster feck!
Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:46 - Jun 24 with 6452 viewscimlajack

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:41 - Jun 24 by Swanzay

They have been a complete disaster since inception and should never have been given the go ahead. A total waste of £14 million and more importantly 2 lives and the closure of many businesses, along with death of the Kingsway.

What a complete cluster feck!

This says it all.
I would n't trust the W.A.G. to run a tap.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:57 - Jun 24 with 6441 viewsSenhin

This kinda just backs up the whole slagging off of them.. But I'm completely ignorant of them.

Who exactly were they for? Its been a while since I was in Swansea, but I'm sure they were running when I lived there. As far as I can remember they went from about the big (council?) building near the Marriot to the train station? Other than a few commuters going to that building and using the train I'm not really sure what the point in getting on would be? I mean, Swansea isn't huge. If I took the train to work in the city centre, it's not much of a walk at all. I'm not sure why a shopping visitor would ever feel the need to go from one end of the Kingsway to the Vue or somewhere. Its not far at all. Okay, there are people who are disabled or elderly etc, but surely there were normal buses originally that didn't cost millions and were fine for their needs?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 18:25 - Jun 24 with 6399 viewsmonmouth

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:57 - Jun 24 by Senhin

This kinda just backs up the whole slagging off of them.. But I'm completely ignorant of them.

Who exactly were they for? Its been a while since I was in Swansea, but I'm sure they were running when I lived there. As far as I can remember they went from about the big (council?) building near the Marriot to the train station? Other than a few commuters going to that building and using the train I'm not really sure what the point in getting on would be? I mean, Swansea isn't huge. If I took the train to work in the city centre, it's not much of a walk at all. I'm not sure why a shopping visitor would ever feel the need to go from one end of the Kingsway to the Vue or somewhere. Its not far at all. Okay, there are people who are disabled or elderly etc, but surely there were normal buses originally that didn't cost millions and were fine for their needs?

One word, kickbacks. Another word, allegedly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 18:49 - Jun 24 with 6368 viewsscottishjack

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 18:25 - Jun 24 by monmouth

One word, kickbacks. Another word, allegedly.

This is only what I heard, pub chat and all that...

Swansea was offered a European grant, and if we hadn't accepted it, there would be no more grants in the future? Something along those lines? It was to be spent on transport links and reducing pollution...?

But that article states that the bendy buses were using more fuel?

Maybe if they parked the fleet outside the Liberty around full time on match days going either way they might have been profitable eh? Not running the sodding things on Sundays during our Europa campaign was a bit shambolic to be honest, 20,000 people attending a footie match on a Sunday afternoon but the buses stop at 6? Brilliant!
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 19:05 - Jun 24 with 6339 viewsLeonisGod

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 17:38 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

In their defence it was the previous administration that did this along with the boulevard. Both a shocking waste of money, be it European funded or not. It is a shame as I found travelling in them to be a pleasant experience.
I hope now we will go banging on the door of WAG for funding for our own metro as it is badly needed to supllement the shocking lack of road infrastructure in Swansea. I am not holding my breath btw for either a request to be made, or for such a request to ever be considered.

Even though it was EU funded, we (Wag or council) will probably stumped up half. it was a daft idea at the time and presumably they'll now need to spend a load more to fix the Kingsway. To my mind it's crying out for a dual carriageway with a nice vegetated central reservation. It desperately needs some greenery to soften the concrete.

We are getting a new cycle path linking SA1 to the new uni campus though
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 19:31 - Jun 24 with 6296 viewsdickythorpe

If you watched Wales Today this evening the Kingsway looked bleak and depressing.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 20:00 - Jun 24 with 6252 viewsplasjack

Personally apart from financial standpoint,i found them ok especially as they had a host(conductor) who were on the whole polite and in wet weather you could pile on instead of waiting before you got your ticket from the driver on normal buses.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 21:23 - Jun 24 with 6163 viewsDr_Winston

Kingsway was dying a death long before the bendy buses got involved.

Generally it was a pretty good service. Linking hospital to hospital every 12 minutes was something that in retrospect should have been done years ago. Spending millions rearranging the roads is looking a bit pointless now though, misguided complaints about the Kingsway lanes aside.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:06 - Jun 24 with 6059 viewsSwanseajill

I heard on the radio today, a spokesman saying that reasons they are dumping them was that the buses are needing new parts/ updates/ repairs. And the parts are expensive.
Don't all buses need this?????

Also that because we had funding, there may be a case of having to pay part of this back.

It's a pathetic excuse for a major C##k up once again.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:11 - Jun 24 with 6045 viewsDarran

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:06 - Jun 24 by Swanseajill

I heard on the radio today, a spokesman saying that reasons they are dumping them was that the buses are needing new parts/ updates/ repairs. And the parts are expensive.
Don't all buses need this?????

Also that because we had funding, there may be a case of having to pay part of this back.

It's a pathetic excuse for a major C##k up once again.

Council fella said somewhere that they only do 3 miles to the gallon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:20 - Jun 24 with 6036 viewswhiterock

Does this mean a return of the City Mini?
Kingsway needs a major rethink and they can't fucck up again surely?
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:20 - Jun 24 with 6036 viewsSwanseajill

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 23:11 - Jun 24 by Darran

Council fella said somewhere that they only do 3 miles to the gallon.

My brother said they lasted only weeks after his local council started using them.
With cars parking either side of the road...it was impossible for them to move.

He laughed when I mentioned we were going to use them in Swansea.

We could be having weekly rubbish collection still, if we hadn't bothered.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 00:39 - Jun 25 with 5988 viewsDavillin

Laugh if you want to, but I've wanted to have one ride on a bendy, but never made it. Now I never will.

Failed bucket list -- not the favoured way to go out, I guess.

Anyone else in the same sad boat?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 06:09 - Jun 25 with 5930 viewsphact0rri

Strange the bit about the petrol useage, I wonder if they are hybrid engined like the ones we have in Los Angeles. I believe we even have some on the shorter lines that are 100% electric. Granted I have no idea how much this sits us back, as our transit is completely ran and operated by an outside firm, who keeps more secrets than the TPP bill.

Also Dav, there's bendy busses all over the place! or do you mean specifically the accordion rockets in Swansea?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 6:10]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:55 - Jun 25 with 5831 viewsfather_jack

i wouldnt be surprised if it came out the kingsway has purposely run down so people can buy the land cheap for the proposed development

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:59 - Jun 25 with 5823 viewsdickythorpe

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:55 - Jun 25 by father_jack

i wouldnt be surprised if it came out the kingsway has purposely run down so people can buy the land cheap for the proposed development

It's a sight for sore eyes!! Very sad to see how grim it looked.
Bye bye Bendy bus... on 10:17 - Jun 25 with 5810 viewsmonmouth

Bye bye Bendy bus... on 09:59 - Jun 25 by dickythorpe

It's a sight for sore eyes!! Very sad to see how grim it looked.

It was sure looking grim, miserable and unappealing as I 'ran' down it at the end of that bloody half marathon the other week, but then, so was I.

I think Dr WoB is on the money again though...it's been pretty grim as long as I can remember. Its main use used to be to stagger along and to stockpile police on overtime on a Saturday night. The post office club used to be fun but that went years ago, and I don't think the golden egg was worth saving.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024