Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bouremouth 16:32 - Jun 25 with 10333 viewsPozuelosSideys

Just spunked £8m on Tyrone Mings.

Ouch..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bouremouth on 16:38 - Jun 25 with 9459 viewsairedale

Blimey! Someone told me that they would not extend the ground, but concentrate on the playing staff instead. But, taking ourselves as an example of a team that has played for a few years in the division, we have just spent £3.5 mill on a left back from a First Division continental club.

Seems a lot of dough to me for Bournemouth to spend.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 16:48]
Bouremouth on 16:45 - Jun 25 with 9422 viewsCooperman

£8m? Wow.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bouremouth on 16:56 - Jun 25 with 9354 viewsSwan91

I don't know if the guy is any good. He's a defender who played for Ipswich right? That's all I know. 8mill is a lot though. That's more than what we payed for 3 of our defenders(Williams,tabanou and Naughton) and our GK altogether right?
Bouremouth on 16:59 - Jun 25 with 9336 viewslondonlisa2001

Bouremouth on 16:56 - Jun 25 by Swan91

I don't know if the guy is any good. He's a defender who played for Ipswich right? That's all I know. 8mill is a lot though. That's more than what we payed for 3 of our defenders(Williams,tabanou and Naughton) and our GK altogether right?

Who on earth is Tyrone Mings?

They've a very rich owner though don't they?
Bouremouth on 16:59 - Jun 25 with 9336 viewslidojack

Bouremouth on 16:56 - Jun 25 by Swan91

It's about the same amount as we paid for a man who's played for Argentina 30 odd times
Bouremouth on 17:10 - Jun 25 with 9287 viewsraynor94

I see Brett Pitman heading in the opposite direction, bit of a blow for tdh

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bouremouth on 17:25 - Jun 25 with 9225 viewsWhiterockin

£8M plus expenses is a huge outlay for Bournemouth and they could not do it without a wealthy beneficiary.

The problem with the Premier League is you need to have a squad to go from day one of the season. The riches do not start coming in (TV Money) until about Christmas and the place money at the end of the season. Without a sugar daddy or a kind bank you are behind the game from the start. If my memory serves me correctly MM gave the club a loan to cover this period. Without this we would have really struggled and we didn't need to improve the squad much.
Bouremouth on 17:25 - Jun 25 with 9218 viewsicecoldjack

£8m for a prospect is a bit steep like.

I think the fee being so high is because he can play left back, which brings into sharp focus how much we got for Ben Davies.

It seems if your British, young and play full back the price is at a real premium.

I wish the boy well except when he plays against us, seems to have a good charitable grounding. Paying for peoples shirts when he changed numbers,feeding the homeless at Xmas time etc,etc.

I've no real clue of what is a good deal anymore anyway, so much money swilling around, though i like to think the Swans are still very shrewd still in these barmy times of money no object.
Login to get fewer ads

Bouremouth on 17:30 - Jun 25 with 9195 viewspencoedjack

Has Caulker signed for 1 of the promoted sides yet ?
Bouremouth on 17:31 - Jun 25 with 9192 viewsswantastic

Tyrone Mings is a very good young left back, £8m is a bit of a gamble but wouldn't be surprised if a top 4 club come in for him in 2/3 years and they make a tidy profit!
Bouremouth on 17:41 - Jun 25 with 9146 viewshobo

Bouremouth on 17:31 - Jun 25 by swantastic

Tyrone Mings is a very good young left back, £8m is a bit of a gamble but wouldn't be surprised if a top 4 club come in for him in 2/3 years and they make a tidy profit!

I would be very surprised
Bouremouth on 18:18 - Jun 25 with 9019 viewsClinton

I did not know much about Mings.
I just read he's a six foot five left back. its going to be funny seeing our wingers against him, Little and Large show.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bouremouth on 18:22 - Jun 25 with 8999 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If you trust tranfermarkt.com's numbers, they just paid more than triple his market value.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bouremouth on 18:26 - Jun 25 with 8976 viewsmonmouth

They're not the first to do this though are they?

When Cardiff came up they signed Minge.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bouremouth on 18:26 - Jun 25 with 8976 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bouremouth on 18:22 - Jun 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

If you trust tranfermarkt.com's numbers, they just paid more than triple his market value.

Hes a decent prospect who has had a couple of decent seasons in an ok Championship side.

Could understand somebody like an Arsenal or Man Utd taking a punt on him, but i doubt even theyd spend that much. For a club like Bournemouth to make their first newsworthy signing a left back and for a lot of money, it makes you wonder what their plan is We've only ever spent that on FF and Bony in 4 seasons.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bouremouth on 19:04 - Jun 25 with 8867 viewsAJ101

Bouremouth on 17:25 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

£8M plus expenses is a huge outlay for Bournemouth and they could not do it without a wealthy beneficiary.

The problem with the Premier League is you need to have a squad to go from day one of the season. The riches do not start coming in (TV Money) until about Christmas and the place money at the end of the season. Without a sugar daddy or a kind bank you are behind the game from the start. If my memory serves me correctly MM gave the club a loan to cover this period. Without this we would have really struggled and we didn't need to improve the squad much.

Those bridging loans are pretty easy to get though I've never heard of a club having issues getting such a loan as that money is extremely unlikely not to happen (even if Sky went bust someone would pay to take over the rights).

Mings is a good prospect but yeah it's strange a promoted club are paying £8m for a prospect left back it seems the kind of position it would be better to get a loan in if they need an upgrade and spend that kind of money on more important positions.
Bouremouth on 19:07 - Jun 25 with 8848 viewsblueytheblue

Bouremouth on 17:30 - Jun 25 by pencoedjack

I think you meant to post, "Has Caulker signed for 1 of the soon to be relegated sides yet?"

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bouremouth on 19:15 - Jun 25 with 8812 viewsSwan91

Bouremouth on 17:30 - Jun 25 by pencoedjack

Actually I read an article the other day suggesting that Bournemouth were looking into getting caulker. If that happens the. It could possibly be 3rd relegation for him.
Bouremouth on 19:27 - Jun 25 with 8774 viewsPegojack

In less publicised news, I note Bournemouth have also signed Distin from Everton. Rather surprised, because I thought Eddie Howe was a shrewd cookie, but I thought Distin was a total donkey when he played against us at the Liberty a few months ago. Looked way out of his depth, slow and frightened to death every time the ball came near him.
Bouremouth on 19:48 - Jun 25 with 8691 viewsSwan91

Bouremouth on 19:27 - Jun 25 by Pegojack

In less publicised news, I note Bournemouth have also signed Distin from Everton. Rather surprised, because I thought Eddie Howe was a shrewd cookie, but I thought Distin was a total donkey when he played against us at the Liberty a few months ago. Looked way out of his depth, slow and frightened to death every time the ball came near him.

37 he is now right? Also another risky signing.
Bouremouth on 19:55 - Jun 25 with 8669 viewsAJ101

Bouremouth on 19:48 - Jun 25 by Swan91

37 he is now right? Also another risky signing.

Not sure how Distin is risky to be fair he's on a free so will only cost £2m in wages for the season and will bring plenty of experience plus he used to live round here so should settle in fine.

Last season he looked poor but the season before he was as good as ever so I guess Howe is hoping last season was just a blip rather than his legs having gone completely still even if he's not playing every week that experience should help the rest of the defenders.
Bouremouth on 20:50 - Jun 25 with 8534 viewsLeonisGod

Bouremouth on 18:26 - Jun 25 by PozuelosSideys

Hes a decent prospect who has had a couple of decent seasons in an ok Championship side.

Could understand somebody like an Arsenal or Man Utd taking a punt on him, but i doubt even theyd spend that much. For a club like Bournemouth to make their first newsworthy signing a left back and for a lot of money, it makes you wonder what their plan is We've only ever spent that on FF and Bony in 4 seasons.

They must be following the QPR model. It would be no surprise if Harry is sticking his oar in. Mings is a great lad and very grounded having come into the game late and originally worked for a living. He's been linked to Arsenal i believe, so there's something there. He's never really stood out when i've seen him though. Quite an attacking player and not afraid to get stuck in. £8m is bonkers though.
Bouremouth on 21:23 - Jun 25 with 8459 viewspencoedjack

Bouremouth on 19:07 - Jun 25 by blueytheblue

I think you meant to post, "Has Caulker signed for 1 of the soon to be relegated sides yet?"

Depends if he has a shower of sh1t playing around him.

Looked a decent prospect when playing along side captain of club and country
N/A. on 21:34 - Jun 25 with 8431 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 0:57]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Bouremouth on 08:23 - Jun 26 with 8134 viewsPegojack

Bouremouth on 19:55 - Jun 25 by AJ101

Not sure how Distin is risky to be fair he's on a free so will only cost £2m in wages for the season and will bring plenty of experience plus he used to live round here so should settle in fine.

Last season he looked poor but the season before he was as good as ever so I guess Howe is hoping last season was just a blip rather than his legs having gone completely still even if he's not playing every week that experience should help the rest of the defenders.

Aye, experience of taking his money to the bank in a wheelbarrow, whilst doing feck all for the football team.

The QPR model, I think they call it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024