Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 105799 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:53 - Jul 29 with 2152 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:58 - Jul 29 by trampie

'emotions and tears' you say, lol, I do believe that too, blydi English Tories I say, Labour on the left ........ha ha ha, do me a favour, Labour have virtually the same policies as the Conservative and Unionist party, they have Harman as leader and recently had Tony Blair as their main man and then Gordon Brown, they have Kendall and Cooper standing for leader.

Labour are Red Tories.

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:53 - Jul 29 with 2148 viewstrampie

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:45 - Jul 29 by Lohengrin

For the most part, it's what he did best.

Like him, do you?

I do like a nice landscape.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:01 - Jul 29 with 2137 viewsblueytheblue

I love the way "Labour are Red Tories" is banded around as a jibe.

Reality is, for all the talk Red Ed was more to the left - obviously given he was the unions choice and indeed was only elected Labour leader due to the union votes.

The public rejected it, yet the great and good of the left just don't get the message. Going further left isn't what the public of Britain want or will vote for.

The battle for the next election and many more to come will be over the center ground more than anything else.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:02 - Jul 29 with 2136 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:58 - Jul 29 by trampie

'emotions and tears' you say, lol, I do believe that too, blydi English Tories I say, Labour on the left ........ha ha ha, do me a favour, Labour have virtually the same policies as the Conservative and Unionist party, they have Harman as leader and recently had Tony Blair as their main man and then Gordon Brown, they have Kendall and Cooper standing for leader.

Labour are Red Tories.

I don't give a ha'penny jizz what you believe to he honest.

Sometimes the Labour party is too much like the Tory Party for my liking but if you'd actually spoken to any Party members you'd realise that the membership is vastly different to the Parliamentary Party. They are currently feeling the wrath of those long ignored local members with Corybn heading the leadership race.

Plaid have been pretty much an irrelevance in British politics whereas their Northern counterparts are at their peak. Nationalism and independence politics is dead in Wales so Plaid have done their best to mop up the disaffected Labour vote. They've unsuccessfully attempted to do this by branding themselves as the "new left alternative" for Welsh Voters. If Corbyn attempts to reclaim these voters by moving Labour to the left then Plaid will have very little room to manoeuvre in Wales. If he wins it will be a disaster for Plaid and you know it.
Jeremy Corbyn on 22:10 - Jul 29 with 2120 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:01 - Jul 29 by blueytheblue

Reality is, for all the talk Red Ed was more to the left - obviously given he was the unions choice and indeed was only elected Labour leader due to the union votes.

The public rejected it, yet the great and good of the left just don't get the message. Going further left isn't what the public of Britain want or will vote for.

The battle for the next election and many more to come will be over the center ground more than anything else.

The public rejected Ed completely and the Labour Party with it but only 1 in 4 of those eligible to vote cast their ballot for the conservatives.

I agree with you to a certain extent about the public of Britain not wanting Labour to shift leftwards. I agree that those who vote consistently and in the right constituencies wont want it and that is heavy on my mind as I make my decision.

On the other hand what about those who voted green, or some that voted Lib Dem? Also the emphatic rejection of the Labour party in Scotland.

Might it be wise to attempt to recapture the core vote before chasing flip flopping Tory Voters?

I genuinely don't know or think I have the right answer. Just mulling it all over. Its very existential.
Jeremy Corbyn on 01:38 - Jul 30 with 2073 viewsdailew

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:38 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

So by your reckoning, 10% are at the top, 30% are actually the middle (some of whom rent) and the remaining 60% are all the impoverished benefit reliant renters that were being referred to...

About 65% of houses are owner occupied by the way so God knows who is living in them. Maybe those pensioners who are all receiving benefits (every single one of them), so perhaps we should take them straight back out of the impoverished renters category, or doesn't that fit the story?

What are you on about?

Never said the middle is 30%.

30% is the "middle" not claiming benefits.

Do you understand the difference?

FFS.

And where have i said the bottom 60% are all renters?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 1:50]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 2033 viewstrampie

Labour are no different to the Conservative party you would have a job to get a fag paper between their policies sometimes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 2024 viewsacejack3065

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:29 - Jul 30 by trampie

Labour are no different to the Conservative party you would have a job to get a fag paper between their policies sometimes.

Keep telling yourself that. Never let any of the facts get in the way of that belief.
Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:59 - Jul 30 with 2015 viewstrampie

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:02 - Jul 29 by acejack3065

I don't give a ha'penny jizz what you believe to he honest.

Sometimes the Labour party is too much like the Tory Party for my liking but if you'd actually spoken to any Party members you'd realise that the membership is vastly different to the Parliamentary Party. They are currently feeling the wrath of those long ignored local members with Corybn heading the leadership race.

Plaid have been pretty much an irrelevance in British politics whereas their Northern counterparts are at their peak. Nationalism and independence politics is dead in Wales so Plaid have done their best to mop up the disaffected Labour vote. They've unsuccessfully attempted to do this by branding themselves as the "new left alternative" for Welsh Voters. If Corbyn attempts to reclaim these voters by moving Labour to the left then Plaid will have very little room to manoeuvre in Wales. If he wins it will be a disaster for Plaid and you know it.

As regards Plaid, Wales is largely anglicised and 22% of the population were apparently not born in Wales, most that were not born in Wales was born in England.

Combine that immigration with press coverage and the scaremongering of the other parties particularly Labour then Plaid will struggle to hold what they have got, leave alone make gains.

I already said and was the first to say that Corbyn will be no good for the left UK wise as he will take votes from leftish parties in Wales and Scotland, the Conservatives have twelve seats outside England and hundreds of seats in England, Corbyn might gain some seats outside England but would be likely to lose seats for an already decimated Labour in England.

The best thing for the left is that through Plaid and the SNP that those parties continue to chip away at direct rule from Westminster which in turn could then result in Wales and Scotland having more social justice policies as devolved governments in those areas are more likely to be left orientated than in England.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:05 - Jul 30 with 2011 viewsLord_Bony

As an ex member of the Labour Party I have become very disenchanted with the whole thing...it's actually put me right off British politics and yes there's hardly anything between Labour and Tories policy wise as they ate both fighting the middle ground.

Labour need to somehow find their old identity again and revamp themselves to fit into modern politics with something fresh and radical to offer.

I like Corbin s personality and some of his political stance particularly on putting things right in the Middle East and Syria.

However,I can see some of his views,particularly on immigration etc will be a sticking point and will not go down well with the British public.

Anyway,whatever happens the Labour party is unelectable for at least the next 10 years or so unless the Tories totally screw up and maybe go back to the days of sleaze...until then we re stuck with them...does nt bother me.

Corbyn for leader yes...for prime minister no.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 1982 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:05 - Jul 30 by Lord_Bony

As an ex member of the Labour Party I have become very disenchanted with the whole thing...it's actually put me right off British politics and yes there's hardly anything between Labour and Tories policy wise as they ate both fighting the middle ground.

Labour need to somehow find their old identity again and revamp themselves to fit into modern politics with something fresh and radical to offer.

I like Corbin s personality and some of his political stance particularly on putting things right in the Middle East and Syria.

However,I can see some of his views,particularly on immigration etc will be a sticking point and will not go down well with the British public.

Anyway,whatever happens the Labour party is unelectable for at least the next 10 years or so unless the Tories totally screw up and maybe go back to the days of sleaze...until then we re stuck with them...does nt bother me.

Corbyn for leader yes...for prime minister no.

What would a planet swans cabinet look like Lord?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 1967 viewsLord_Bony

Well it's a broad church for sure.

Some good politicises on here....better than half do those f*cks in the council.

Would do well at a local level.
A planet swans panel.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:20 - Jul 30 with 1950 viewsperchrockjack

If I were a LABOUR person, I d be looking at the most electable leader who would become PM. No body of sound mi9nd could surely envisage Jez leading this country and attending the Summits/Meets etc with world leaders. GB would be a laughing stock in the eyes of the world , not least of which Corbie looks like a tramp in a jacket.

Cooper is yet another parasitical chancer with no idea . A Labour Theresa May. Kendall talks some sense but she is charisma free.

Burnham is a decent fella and one who knows what "ordinary" people want and he would appeal to different social groups. For the conservatives, he would be the danger man . Tories must be praying for corbyn s election.

I seem to recall his thinlydisguised support for Arafat,Hamas, IRA, the usual leftie stuff so personally I find him distasteful.

My opinion

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:30 - Jul 30 with 1943 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:20 - Jul 30 by perchrockjack

If I were a LABOUR person, I d be looking at the most electable leader who would become PM. No body of sound mi9nd could surely envisage Jez leading this country and attending the Summits/Meets etc with world leaders. GB would be a laughing stock in the eyes of the world , not least of which Corbie looks like a tramp in a jacket.

Cooper is yet another parasitical chancer with no idea . A Labour Theresa May. Kendall talks some sense but she is charisma free.

Burnham is a decent fella and one who knows what "ordinary" people want and he would appeal to different social groups. For the conservatives, he would be the danger man . Tories must be praying for corbyn s election.

I seem to recall his thinlydisguised support for Arafat,Hamas, IRA, the usual leftie stuff so personally I find him distasteful.

My opinion

What would he make of 19p Badoit?

Would he call that a capitalistic scam?

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:38 - Jul 30 with 1939 viewsperchrockjack

nOT sure .I d ex[pecty him to be a tap water man

I should have of course purchased one so as some poor person could have acquired one for their children as a treat for tea. (that's what working class call our dinner)

Off to wales today ,on bikes, Lady P getting keen on wearing this lycra outfit and I AINT COMPLAINING

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 1885 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:38 - Jul 30 by perchrockjack

nOT sure .I d ex[pecty him to be a tap water man

I should have of course purchased one so as some poor person could have acquired one for their children as a treat for tea. (that's what working class call our dinner)

Off to wales today ,on bikes, Lady P getting keen on wearing this lycra outfit and I AINT COMPLAINING

Don’t be deceived when they tell you things are better now. Even if there’s no poverty to be seen because the poverty’s been hidden. Even if you ever got more wages and could afford to buy more of these new and useless goods which industries foist on you and even if it seems to you that you never had so much, that is only the slogan of those who still have much more than you. Don’t be taken in when they paternally pat you on the shoulder and say that there’s no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason to fight because if you believe them they will be completely in charge in their marble homes and granite banks from which they rob the people of the world under the pretence of bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they’ll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:22 - Jul 30 with 1874 viewstrampie

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:20 - Jul 30 by perchrockjack

My opinion

Perch why do you support imperialism and unionism ?

One crushes a group of people and takes their land [imperialism] and the other overruns a group of people and their land and forces their way of life on them against their wishes [unionism].

You do know that the locals [separatists] that fight back are in a general sense laughingly called terrorists and the only reason they fight at all is a reaction to imperialism or unionism.

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:48 - Jul 30 with 1855 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:04 - Jul 30 by Lord_Bony

Well it's a broad church for sure.

Some good politicises on here....better than half do those f*cks in the council.

Would do well at a local level.
A planet swans panel.

Trampie would be the boisterous back bencher, that's for sure!

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 1848 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:48 - Jul 30 by waynekerr55

Aye, the one who empties the chamber as soon as he starts to speak.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 1836 viewsperchrockjack

To be deceived you have to first listen

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:47 - Jul 30 with 1829 viewsCottsy

"The battle for the next election and many more to come will be over the center ground more than anything else."

What a depressing thought.

A generation or more of bland career politicians arguing over nuance, afraid to put forward any opinions, policies or long term solutions for fear of upsetting the markets, the media or the mythical middle England voter. Instead they'll flip flop around to whatever the opinion poll du jour is for or against, use more neutral, meaningless phrases like "aspirant voters" instead of coming up with actual policies, apply short term sticking plasters to long term problems and allow the outcome of every election to be decided by an ever decreasing number of voters in a handful of marginal seats.

So,pretty much like we have today.

Say what you want about Jeremy Corbyn but at least he stands for something and will provide an opposition to the government and challenge the narrative that we have to have less public services, lower wages and a harsher benefits system otherwise we will end up worse than Greece.

At least it would give voters a real choice at the election rather than the choice of letting the Tories do what the Tories do again or letting Labour try to do what the Tories do but just a little bit slower and bit less harsh.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:56 - Jul 30 with 1821 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:50 - Jul 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, the one who empties the chamber as soon as he starts to speak.

Reeco for Foreign Secretary?

ATB

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 1800 viewsLord_Bony

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:48 - Jul 30 by waynekerr55

Rt. Hon. Dick Perch --- International Relations and CULTRE secretary.

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:03 - Jul 30 with 1781 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:43 - Jul 30 by Lord_Bony

Rt. Hon. Dick Perch --- International Relations and CULTRE secretary.

The Rt Hon. Lord Bony, chief WHIP!

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 1776 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:03 - Jul 30 by waynekerr55

The Rt Hon. Lord Bony, chief WHIP!

I've always thought of Lisa as chief whip.

Perhaps it's my mind.......

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024