Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 104761 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 19:51 - Aug 23 with 2292 viewsperchrockjack

Jeez.? Come on mun.

Home bargains started by a scouser, therefore gated by our lot.

Not sure about Jez .Maybe Lisa or the London lads could shed some light.

Does jez have a Romanian cleaner. . ..? A Latvian gardener . If so ,hope he pays them well as well as his accountant.

I d love to meet him

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:06 - Aug 23 with 2253 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:51 - Aug 23 by perchrockjack

Jeez.? Come on mun.

Does jez have a Romanian cleaner. . ..? A Latvian gardener . If so ,hope he pays them well as well as his accountant.

I d love to meet him

A tad ironic that the peoples champ lives in a borough most people could only dream of living in.

Just an observation.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 2240 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:06 - Aug 23 by waynekerr55

A tad ironic that the peoples champ lives in a borough most people could only dream of living in.

Just an observation.

Ironic that an MP lives in the constituency he's MP for? If he didn't you'd probably have a pop at him for that.

Just an observation.

Poll: Tory leader

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:18 - Aug 23 with 2233 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:13 - Aug 23 by exiledclaseboy

Ironic that an MP lives in the constituency he's MP for? If he didn't you'd probably have a pop at him for that.

Just an observation.

I'm having no pop whatsoever you little scamp you. He's one of the few who actually say what they mean, whether people agree or not. Quite refreshing in the world of blairites and spin doctors.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 21:19]

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:04 - Aug 24 with 2167 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:51 - Aug 23 by perchrockjack

Jeez.? Come on mun.

I d love to meet him

I think I would pay to watch you interview him Perch :-)) be warned as he has ripped most interviewers with an agenda to bits.
I would not fret about JC succeeding and becoming leader. If he fails then it will be Tories in power for at least another shesh which I am sure you would be quite happy with. Even if he became PM, and your worst fears were realised, with all those nasty union lefties having their say it would only last 5 years. IF it went tits up.
The other bit if good news is voters will have a real choice of alternatives next election and this could very well pave the way for a middle ground party such as the Liberals or whatever name they choose for their party.
In my view this is just what this country needs. It is win win :-)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 9:05]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:10 - Aug 24 with 2128 viewsperchrockjack

PP

Ive interviewed countless people in my lifetime and rarely did anyone get the better of me unless they stayed schtum

Corbyn is a good operator, he s been at it for years, but few have really ripped into him.
He s pretty thin skinned and as with many politicians has ego issues .I d suggest the veneer of respectability could slip very easily.

NOW THEN, is Galloway going to return to the fold.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:16 - Aug 24 with 2128 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:10 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

PP

Ive interviewed countless people in my lifetime and rarely did anyone get the better of me unless they stayed schtum

Corbyn is a good operator, he s been at it for years, but few have really ripped into him.
He s pretty thin skinned and as with many politicians has ego issues .I d suggest the veneer of respectability could slip very easily.

NOW THEN, is Galloway going to return to the fold.

I would love to see one of your interviews and I admire your courage. Check JC out on You Tube hardly an easy ride. Gorgeous George is a bit of a loose cannon but he can make a lot if sense at times. Unfortunately Vicky Verky as well. I would not at all be surprised to see him return to the fold. One man does not make a Party. It could be fun. Politics will become much more interesting. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:33 - Aug 24 with 2109 viewsperchrockjack

Yes a threesome of GG ,Jez and me. Pity we couldn't drag Degsy HATTON back and make a daisy chain.

Ive met plenty of politicians and not been in awe of any of them although Michael Heseltine had a melifluous voice and beautiful hair. He looked like a something out of the Old Testament.

A Jack too.

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:09 - Aug 24 with 2099 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Enjoy this lovely story

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/brutality-bedroom-tax-exposed

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2081 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:09 - Aug 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Enjoy this lovely story

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/brutality-bedroom-tax-exposed

If true I don't know how IDS can sleep at night. £24.60 pw is nothing to your average Tory. This is £1200.00 pa which would be devastating to what must be full time carers.
What amazes me as well is that there was no valid appeals process and no other bodies that could help them.
Perhaps IDS had better get another actor in to counteract this one.......

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:37 - Aug 24 with 2072 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:39 - Aug 23 by jackrabbit

Somebody who espouses policies that last saw light in the 1970s, who is violently anti-American but a fan of Putin, an apologist for ISIL, Hamas and Hezbollah. A man who wants to re-nationalise the railways, utility companies and anything else that his deluded mentality sees as outside the control of the State. An economically illiterate leftist bigot? That's hard-left enough for me.

This argument has already been won. Hard left politics have been totally discredited. Now we're going over it all again with a new generation. Ah well....

There is majority public support for renationalising the railways and I am yet to meet anyone who doesn't think it is a good idea, to a lesser extent the same is true of utilities companies. The infrastructure they use has been built by the state. Why should private companies or the state companies of other nations profit at the expense of the UK tax payer. If renationalising the railway and utilities is hard-left then mark down much of the UK as hard left.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 11:27 - Aug 24 with 2048 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:37 - Aug 24 by yescomeon

There is majority public support for renationalising the railways and I am yet to meet anyone who doesn't think it is a good idea, to a lesser extent the same is true of utilities companies. The infrastructure they use has been built by the state. Why should private companies or the state companies of other nations profit at the expense of the UK tax payer. If renationalising the railway and utilities is hard-left then mark down much of the UK as hard left.

It is the usual Tory rhetoric that nationalisation of essential services and helping the poor equates to supporting terrorists. Corbyn, and Galloway for that matter, have always said they do not support such organisations. In the warped logic of the Right Wing talking to these people equates to supporting them when in most cases talking has eventually become the solution. Where it has not it has been World War and Nuclear options. Surely it is best to engage in dialogue first?
Privatisation has failed miserably with the railways and the utilities. Essential services should be Public Sector. All others Private and Third Sector IMHO.

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:30 - Aug 24 with 2021 viewsjackrabbit

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:37 - Aug 24 by yescomeon

" I am yet to meet anyone who doesn't think it is a good idea"

Renationalising British Rail that is.

Try talking to people over 50 who remember British Railways. These arguments are what is known as "déjà vu all over again". Been there. Done it. Won game, set and match. The electorate's concerns are more with re-negotiation of our EU membership, the threat of mass immigration (Mr Corbyn would wave 'em in) and the threat to world peace threatened by Da'esh and the control freak, Putin. Corbyn is an amusing sideshow that is starting to become a little tedious.

To quote Janet Daley yesterday "The hard left takeover of the Labour Party looks and sounds like an adolescent rebellion because that is exactly what it is"
Jeremy Corbyn on 13:14 - Aug 24 with 2006 viewsdailew

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:30 - Aug 24 by jackrabbit

Try talking to people over 50 who remember British Railways. These arguments are what is known as "déjà vu all over again". Been there. Done it. Won game, set and match. The electorate's concerns are more with re-negotiation of our EU membership, the threat of mass immigration (Mr Corbyn would wave 'em in) and the threat to world peace threatened by Da'esh and the control freak, Putin. Corbyn is an amusing sideshow that is starting to become a little tedious.

To quote Janet Daley yesterday "The hard left takeover of the Labour Party looks and sounds like an adolescent rebellion because that is exactly what it is"

I well remember British Rail and much preferred them to the privatised shambles.

Used to run the system on about a quarter of the current subsidy.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 1999 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:30 - Aug 24 by jackrabbit

Here is the statistics that I am basing my previous post on, they are YouGov but are from 2013. They may have changed but I doubt they will have changed considerably.

Should be in public sector:

NHS - 84% for 7% against,
Energy Companies - 68% for 21% against,
Royal Mail - 67% for 22% against,
Railway companies - 66% for 23% against.

By party railways:

Conservative - 52% for,
Labour - 79% for,
Lib Dem - 64% for,
UKIP - 73% for.

By party energy companies:

Conservative - 52% for,
Labour - 82% for,
Lib Dem - 62% for,
UKIP - 78% for.

[Source - https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/11/04/nationalise-energy-and-rail-companies-say-p

EU and immigration is a different matter. My opinion is that the UK should take in it's fair share of refugees, particularly considering UK involvement in conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia. Also there are many refugees now coming from places like Syria, which the UK is now looking to get involved in. Immigration from within the EU is a more complicated issue but there are many people from the UK who move to the EU too. In fact there are, I believe more UK nationals claiming benefits abroad than there other EU nationals claiming benefits in the UK. I don't doubt that reform is needed around the EU and immigration but I don't want to mix the issues of immigration and the EU with my previous comments which were mainly about renationalisation, which to ME (emphasis on that), are more important.

Regarding foreign policy, I am in agreement with Private_Partz's comments above, I don't like this shoot first ask questions later approach to foreign policy which seems to be the way of doing things at the moment.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:30 - Aug 24 with 1980 viewsdailew

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:19 - Aug 24 by yescomeon

Here is the statistics that I am basing my previous post on, they are YouGov but are from 2013. They may have changed but I doubt they will have changed considerably.

Should be in public sector:

NHS - 84% for 7% against,
Energy Companies - 68% for 21% against,
Royal Mail - 67% for 22% against,
Railway companies - 66% for 23% against.

By party railways:

Conservative - 52% for,
Labour - 79% for,
Lib Dem - 64% for,
UKIP - 73% for.

By party energy companies:

Conservative - 52% for,
Labour - 82% for,
Lib Dem - 62% for,
UKIP - 78% for.

[Source - https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/11/04/nationalise-energy-and-rail-companies-say-p

EU and immigration is a different matter. My opinion is that the UK should take in it's fair share of refugees, particularly considering UK involvement in conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia. Also there are many refugees now coming from places like Syria, which the UK is now looking to get involved in. Immigration from within the EU is a more complicated issue but there are many people from the UK who move to the EU too. In fact there are, I believe more UK nationals claiming benefits abroad than there other EU nationals claiming benefits in the UK. I don't doubt that reform is needed around the EU and immigration but I don't want to mix the issues of immigration and the EU with my previous comments which were mainly about renationalisation, which to ME (emphasis on that), are more important.

Regarding foreign policy, I am in agreement with Private_Partz's comments above, I don't like this shoot first ask questions later approach to foreign policy which seems to be the way of doing things at the moment.

Ironically, if someone like Corbyn had been in charge during the run-up to the Iraq War we wouldn't have these problems now.

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1959 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:30 - Aug 24 by dailew

Ironically, if someone like Corbyn had been in charge during the run-up to the Iraq War we wouldn't have these problems now.

Now there's an interesting thought, not crossed my mind. In similar vein I'm sure I read something somewhere which talked about the irony in rich western countries going around the world and invading countries to enforce western ideals claiming the superiority of our way of life, and then being surprised when waves of people from these countries turn up on their doorstep wanting to live in these big western countries looking for a better way of life.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 1946 viewsdailew

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:48 - Aug 24 by yescomeon

Now there's an interesting thought, not crossed my mind. In similar vein I'm sure I read something somewhere which talked about the irony in rich western countries going around the world and invading countries to enforce western ideals claiming the superiority of our way of life, and then being surprised when waves of people from these countries turn up on their doorstep wanting to live in these big western countries looking for a better way of life.

Using problems caused by policies Corbyn vigorously opposed as a reason not to vote for him.

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:16 - Aug 24 with 1928 viewsperchrockjack

British Rail that was.

Inefficient, dirty, late, out dated . People will often to revert to sepia coloured sentimental memories eg Railways.

Utility Companies ,true enough, have been a cartel- still are but sorry, I don't believe gas and electricity would be lower if renationalised.

Frankly, I d rather have executives dealing with Energy Supplies than politicians who d use it for their own ends.

Water too . Seems a lot of investment going on right now whereas ,if under government control, there may well not be .

Are people that short sighted so as not to appreciate just how untrustworthy politicans of all parties are ,yet we want them running our basic services.

Finally, the old GPO ,BT and British LEYLAND.

I wonder how many would go back to British LEYLAND and Austin Allegro, The Montego, The old mini , the Austin Ambassador and the Maxi . I don't have the heart to mention TRIUMPH motor cycles.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:07 - Aug 24 with 1885 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:16 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

British Rail that was.

Inefficient, dirty, late, out dated . People will often to revert to sepia coloured sentimental memories eg Railways.

Utility Companies ,true enough, have been a cartel- still are but sorry, I don't believe gas and electricity would be lower if renationalised.

Frankly, I d rather have executives dealing with Energy Supplies than politicians who d use it for their own ends.

Water too . Seems a lot of investment going on right now whereas ,if under government control, there may well not be .

Are people that short sighted so as not to appreciate just how untrustworthy politicans of all parties are ,yet we want them running our basic services.

I wonder how many would go back to British LEYLAND and Austin Allegro, The Montego, The old mini , the Austin Ambassador and the Maxi . I don't have the heart to mention TRIUMPH motor cycles.

What about a Robin RELIANT

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:10 - Aug 24 with 1884 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:16 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

British Rail that was.

I agree with you on the untrustworthy nature of politicians, but are CEO's of large companies any better?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:20 - Aug 24 with 1871 viewsperchrockjack

I d say yes, generally.

Sure there are many CEO s who are cretinous but Ive met a few and also a few politicians and I d trust a CEO first. There again, Id trust anyone at all, apart from a lawyer, over a Politician.

If Corbyn were to renationalise there is no guarantee his redistribution of the wealth would go where it should. He could ,in fact renage on his politices having assumed Power.

Fellow arxist Mugabe didn't exactly do a good job of redistributing his country s wealth or what was left after he and his cronies gorged on the national cake.

I understand some are mightly pissed off but this guy simply is too much of a risk

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:00 - Aug 24 with 1848 viewsyescomeon

Politicians are at least supposed to have the best interests of the people at heart, they should be accountable and they are elected. CEO's are none of those things, they are accountable only to their shareholders who are only concerned with profit. I, like most people, distrust politicians but CEO's I trust less.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 16:48 - Aug 24 with 1824 viewsCottsy

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the letter signed by 41 economists that points out that Corbyn's anti-austerity stance is not only not an extreme or non-credible position but is actually mainstream economics.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/23/jeremy-corbyns-opposition-to-aus

"The accusation is widely made that Jeremy Corbyn and his supporters have moved to the extreme left on economic policy. But this is not supported by the candidate’s statements or policies.

His opposition to austerity is actually mainstream economics, even backed by the conservative IMF. He aims to boost growth and prosperity. He voted against the shameful £12bn in cuts in the welfare bill.

Despite the barrage of media coverage to the contrary, it is the current government’s policy and its objectives which are extreme. The attempt to produce a balanced public sector budget primarily through cuts to spending failed in the previous parliament. Increasing child poverty and cutting support for the most vulnerable is unjustifiable. Cutting government investment in the name of prudence is wrong because it prevents growth, innovation and productivity increases, which are all much needed by our economy, and so over time increases the debt due to lower tax receipts.

We the undersigned are not all supporters of Jeremy Corbyn. But we hope to clarify just where the “extremism” lies in the current economic debate.

Yours,

Lots of economists including a former advisor to the Bank of England"

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:21 - Aug 24 with 1805 viewsjackonicko

The brilliant thing about economics is that I could easily rustle up 41 economics experts who will say the absolute opposite.

And those ones would be correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024