Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 104787 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 23:26 - Aug 25 with 1668 viewsjackrabbit

Correction: 30 pages!
Jeremy Corbyn on 23:27 - Aug 25 with 1666 viewsjackrabbit

Further correction: 31 pages!
Jeremy Corbyn on 23:48 - Aug 25 with 1654 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:22 - Aug 25 by jackrabbit

I wonder what 'progressive' taxes would look like? I can hazard a guess - 'tax the rich'. But who exactly are the rich? If it refers to, say, the top 1% of taxpayers, I understand they already pay 30% of all taxes collected. How much more should they contribute?- oh you want it a-l-l! I see.
In a competitive world Corbynite economics would cripple the British economy. I imagine a lot on here cannot remember the brain drain of the 60s and 70s. Anyone with ambition, energy, drive and gumption who wanted to better their lot, packed their bags and got the hell out before Dennis Healey hit them with his 93% tax rate. Is that we need eh boys?

Our greatest ever modern era Prime Minister, Mrs M Thatcher, summed it up:

"You don't make poor people rich by making rich people poor". It's a bit more complicated than that.

I find it curious that this thread has run to 28 pages. A year from now, we'll look back on this with bemusement. Corbyn is a non-entity who is exciting the usual suspects - militant unions, universities, public sector workers alarmed by change, and the radical young who want to change the world. But the mass of the general public look on with mild passing interest and get on with the business of living their lives productively and responsibly. Most people have no interest in politics. There's an old saying "if not your not left wing when you're young, you have no heart. If you're still left wing when you're old, you have no brain." Britain is getting older.

Perhaps the poor don't wish to be rich,. Maybe the poor want just to live a life of working dignity with a fair wage packet at the end of the week, an NHS free and not privatised , nationalised utliities with fair prices and a nationalised public transport system that serves the public need not run solely to make the most profit for idle sharholders.

Ooh, and if you see Sid, tell him to f*ck off!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:53 - Aug 25 with 1651 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:22 - Aug 25 by jackrabbit

I wonder what 'progressive' taxes would look like? I can hazard a guess - 'tax the rich'. But who exactly are the rich? If it refers to, say, the top 1% of taxpayers, I understand they already pay 30% of all taxes collected. How much more should they contribute?- oh you want it a-l-l! I see.
In a competitive world Corbynite economics would cripple the British economy. I imagine a lot on here cannot remember the brain drain of the 60s and 70s. Anyone with ambition, energy, drive and gumption who wanted to better their lot, packed their bags and got the hell out before Dennis Healey hit them with his 93% tax rate. Is that we need eh boys?

Our greatest ever modern era Prime Minister, Mrs M Thatcher, summed it up:

"You don't make poor people rich by making rich people poor". It's a bit more complicated than that.

I find it curious that this thread has run to 28 pages. A year from now, we'll look back on this with bemusement. Corbyn is a non-entity who is exciting the usual suspects - militant unions, universities, public sector workers alarmed by change, and the radical young who want to change the world. But the mass of the general public look on with mild passing interest and get on with the business of living their lives productively and responsibly. Most people have no interest in politics. There's an old saying "if not your not left wing when you're young, you have no heart. If you're still left wing when you're old, you have no brain." Britain is getting older.

That's the biggest load of bol locks I've ever read on this site .

And that's on par with "BONY is shite " thread

Congratulations!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Corbyn on 07:26 - Aug 26 with 1593 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:58 - Aug 9 by waynekerr55

The papers are the bastion of truth, mun!

What's the odds on another 16 pages for this thread?

Almost there

🔯🇺🇸🇨🇳

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:07 - Aug 26 with 1559 viewsjackrabbit

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:53 - Aug 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

That's the biggest load of bol locks I've ever read on this site .

And that's on par with "BONY is shite " thread

Congratulations!

I'd say it's hit a nerve!
Jeremy Corbyn on 09:28 - Aug 26 with 1534 viewsperchrockjack

The fact jackrabbit got the replies he did really shows the lib left on here are harking back many decades.

LOOK, ITS BEEN TRIED AND FAILED.

"Poor" people are quite often content to skim along with no worries as to how to fund their kids babies, pay for the care in later life or indeed pay for anything at all.

The other ones that's us, want to have more , a better life for our off spring. ITS CALLED AMBITION.

Don't agree with THATCHER being the greatest but certainly she was the gutsiest as compared with the coward that is CAMERON.

People need to take control of their lives, take responsibility.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 1531 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:48 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps the poor don't wish to be rich,. Maybe the poor want just to live a life of working dignity with a fair wage packet at the end of the week, an NHS free and not privatised , nationalised utliities with fair prices and a nationalised public transport system that serves the public need not run solely to make the most profit for idle sharholders.

Ooh, and if you see Sid, tell him to f*ck off!

I'm fairly sure that if you asked them the overwhelming majority of people would prefer to be rich Brynnie.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:35 - Aug 26 with 1521 viewsDarran

How the f*ck can women only train carriages be right? Surely that's going backwards?
The blokes a f*cking mental case.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:38 - Aug 26 with 1515 viewsperchrockjack

There was a programme on last night about Private/State school kids and the distinct advantage Privately educated kids have.

It ended by one teacher, quite rightly stating, that improving schools and standards in State schools will not occur by closing or emasculating private schools.

I know many parents who forego ,what others see as necessities, to send their kids to fee paying schools.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:44 - Aug 26 with 1526 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:28 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

The fact jackrabbit got the replies he did really shows the lib left on here are harking back many decades.

LOOK, ITS BEEN TRIED AND FAILED.

"Poor" people are quite often content to skim along with no worries as to how to fund their kids babies, pay for the care in later life or indeed pay for anything at all.

The other ones that's us, want to have more , a better life for our off spring. ITS CALLED AMBITION.

Don't agree with THATCHER being the greatest but certainly she was the gutsiest as compared with the coward that is CAMERON.

People need to take control of their lives, take responsibility.

Now that is the biggest load of bolloc ks I've ever read on here.

You keep on going on about Jeremy Corbyn having hate and contempt for certain groups but if he does it is nowhere near the hate and contempt that you have for the poor and vulnerable.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:49 - Aug 26 with 1521 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:44 - Aug 26 by Cottsy

Now that is the biggest load of bolloc ks I've ever read on here.

You keep on going on about Jeremy Corbyn having hate and contempt for certain groups but if he does it is nowhere near the hate and contempt that you have for the poor and vulnerable.

I like how he grouped all 'poor' people into a stereotype there. I'd be doing the same if I judged all policeman on Perch and thought they were all illiterate oddballs with absolutely no empathy or common sense.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:55 - Aug 26 with 1509 viewsperchrockjack

Well, you two seemed to have teamed up nicely.

Quite wtf do you persistently drag up one of my former jobs

I ve had many so do you want to send me my CV

cottsy. Sorry , not worth a reply

Stereotype? Just fook off the pair of you.

What was that about tongue in cheek JACKSOMETING.

Finally, look around the filth on our streets and then consider the people taking control and responsibility.

If its too hard to take in
, then pm and we ll take it from there

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:00 - Aug 26 with 1505 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:55 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

Finally, look around the filth on our streets and then consider the people taking control and responsibility.

Oh for Pete's sake, I'm not knocking policeman Perch, I'm knocking you.

I know plenty of policeman and the majority of them are good sorts and they get my respect for the job they do.

If you want to come on here and knock large sections of society, then be prepared to be criticised for it. I work with 'poor' people and although some of them fit the stereotype you refer to, many of them are decent people doing the best for their families in difficult situations and are people I'd far rather spend time with than the opinionated and self-centered character you come off as on here.

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:02 - Aug 26 with 1500 viewsperchrockjack

liar.

You have PM.

Hope you re not at work typing this

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 1490 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:02 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

liar.

You have PM.

Hope you re not at work typing this

Nothing in that post is a lie but please explain what you think is and I'll gladly explain why you're wrong.

Thanks for the PM. If I have broken an agreement we have, then I apologise, although I don't remember it. I'll try not to do so again though out of courtesy.

I could be sat on the moon writing this for all the importance that has to the subject.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 10:10]

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:13 - Aug 26 with 1485 viewsCottsy

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:55 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

What a surprise, 2 separate posters call bolloc ks on your post that the majority of poor people are happy to coast along get the scraps that they can for free and lack the ambition of those with better means and suddenly we are teaming up and picking on you.

For someone who is happy to dish out invective you are certainly a delicate little flower when you get pulled up on it aren't you?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:25 - Aug 26 with 1468 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:38 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

There was a programme on last night about Private/State school kids and the distinct advantage Privately educated kids have.

It ended by one teacher, quite rightly stating, that improving schools and standards in State schools will not occur by closing or emasculating private schools.

I know many parents who forego ,what others see as necessities, to send their kids to fee paying schools.

Keep private school by all means but students should be there on merit not on the ability of mummy and daddy to pay. Having you're parent pay for the best education, best university and accommodation with no debt, lending you money to buy a house and pulling strings to get you a top job is coasting along and living on handouts.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:52 - Aug 26 with 1445 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:25 - Aug 26 by yescomeon

Keep private school by all means but students should be there on merit not on the ability of mummy and daddy to pay. Having you're parent pay for the best education, best university and accommodation with no debt, lending you money to buy a house and pulling strings to get you a top job is coasting along and living on handouts.

If the parents are happy to foot the bill then what's the problem?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:20 - Aug 26 with 1393 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 10:52 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

If the parents are happy to foot the bill then what's the problem?

The problem is the kids get used to getting everything done for them. Probably sour grapes because I have pay my own way for everything I have done post school, but I think I am better for it.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 1381 viewswaynekerr55

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:20 - Aug 26 by yescomeon

The problem is the kids get used to getting everything done for them. Probably sour grapes because I have pay my own way for everything I have done post school, but I think I am better for it.

Do they? That's a bit of a stereotype.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:37 - Aug 26 with 1376 viewsyescomeon

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:30 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Do they? That's a bit of a stereotype.

It's intended to be a stereotype, to counter the more prevalent stereotype of the "poor" as living on handouts.

Upthecity!

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:51 - Aug 26 with 1367 viewsperchrockjack

THIS IS A FACT.

Life is unfair

Some are born into privilege.

The art is to overcome that .

Most do.

FACT is many "poor vulnerable" pissaway what money they have.

Our country suffers from low expectancy; kids in "deprived "areas should be hungry -to learn- and get something better out of life than their parents.

The FACT many of our kids have low expectancy and simply want to have kids/be a footballer, drug dealer, or anything that makes you rich quick without effort or education ,is our national scandal.

WE VE LET DOWN KIDS over many decades . It stinks

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:28 - Aug 26 with 1344 viewsjackonicko

I'm not sure how this thread got diverted into meaningless topics about privilege, social mobility and private education.

Back on thread. What's everyone's views on the important issue of women-only carriages?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 13:29]
Jeremy Corbyn on 13:29 - Aug 26 with 1343 viewsJackSomething

Jeremy Corbyn on 12:51 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

THIS IS A FACT.

Life is unfair

Some are born into privilege.

The art is to overcome that .

Most do.

FACT is many "poor vulnerable" pissaway what money they have.

Our country suffers from low expectancy; kids in "deprived "areas should be hungry -to learn- and get something better out of life than their parents.

The FACT many of our kids have low expectancy and simply want to have kids/be a footballer, drug dealer, or anything that makes you rich quick without effort or education ,is our national scandal.

WE VE LET DOWN KIDS over many decades . It stinks

Unlike the majority of this thread, I completely agree with your last 3 sentences in that post.

There is a lot of work going on in deprived areas to do exactly what you say and some of the work that the schools in these areas put in is fantastic to see. Unfortunately they're fighting against huge levels of apathy in many cases and a shortfall in funding, partly thanks to austerity measures.. A lot of parents in these areas (in my personal experience) want their kids to escape the cycle of poverty and do everything they can to help them, but there are many obstacles.

If I had a huge pot of money to spend on one area of society, it would probably go on children/schools in an attempt to stop the next generation falling victim to the same problems we see in the current generation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024